Most people try to make money online, or build a business, but what happens in reality is they just create another job for themselves, and become slaves in it.
Let's brainstorm some ways we can earn a living online, without us doing the work.
I'll start us off.
Authority site creation model:
- Find a niche you are interested in.
- Put up a WordPress site with a nice and clean theme.
- Hire a knowledgable blogger (or several bloggers) to create high quality content, daily. Some of it will be keyword focused, and some of it will be more authoritative (for example: 20 simple ways to do "X"). Some of the posts can even be product reviews.
- The same people can do on-page SEO of the posts they create (H1 tags, optimize image names, use keywords and related keywords, etc).
- You can hire a white-hat link builder to build backlinks to each new post, or even to post them on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Each "author" will also be responsible for answering the comments on their own posts.
- You will be the only one who can access the rest of the admin area. So, you can always control the theme, or what appears in the sidebar. You can add recommended products there, or even add an optin form, to build your list.
What will you be emailing your people? Simple: Just send them a brief email daily saying "We just posted this helpful post on the blog. Here's the link."
You can have the bloggers sent the emails out, or even another person you trust.
Here's an example of an authority WordPress site that uses the "several authors" strategy:
AuthorityNutrition.com (not my site).
Let's think of other hands off ways to earn a living online.
Or, you can even suggest improvements to the model above.