I Stumbled Into This Internet Marketing Formula... It Starts With Passion

14 replies
I hope this post can help newbies GET STARTED taking action.

We have all heard this myth that "if you work really hard, you can turn your passion into profits..."

I thought that was a load of bullcrap most of my life. However, since I've turned my passion into profits, I can say it really is not.

I started with a passion of mine right here on WF and have since "moved on to the big stage..."

There's actually a plug and play formula anyone can use to turn their passions in to profits.

That being said, if you're not willing to work 16 hours a day at your passion, you should head to the post office and put in an application.

Here's a "formula" I have stumbled upon... Here's the EXACT formula I am using...

Keep in mind, there's nothing 100% unique about the forumla as others are doing it.

However, I want to share with you the things I've done to "tweak" the formula and how those "tweaks" can work for anyone.



Formula:

1. Create OUTSTANDING YouTube Content
2. Use YouTube views to push traffic to your site.
3. Ask for the sale AND the opt-in.
4. Market to your list.


Again, there are folks using this BASIC formula. However, when I do see it in motion it's in the MMO niche. But, that's a problem for a newbie. How are you supposed to make money online by teaching people how to make money online if you have never made money online?


Anyway, let's break this down... The first step is to start with something you truly love and enjoy.

For this example, let's pretend you LOVE to cook.


1. Create Outstanding YouTube Content

There's a TON of stuff all over this forum that teaches you how to create fast, and easy YouTube content.

However, the value of creating amazing content is never discussed. If your videos have real production value, you're putting yourself ahead of the curve. All you need is a smart phone that can record video in 4K, a $20 mic that can be found on Amazon, and a $20 tripod with mount that can be found on Amazon. And newbie friendly video editing software to start.

Anyway, if you wanted to make money online in the cooking niche you should make amazing videos of yourself cooking amazing dishes based on recipes you've created or tweaked.

The end product should look amazing and the production value should be incredible. They should look at the dish and think; "man, I want to eat that!!!"

Visuals are a powerful tool to drive sales and too many people are stuck creating low quality jerry rigged videos instead of exploiting the power of video to it's fullest potential.


2. Use YouTube Views to Push Traffic to Your Site

At the end of the video ask them to do two things; "subscribe to my channel" and hop over to 'yourcookingsite' to get more great recipes. If you ask for more than two things, they'll likely do none. So, avoid asking "like, comment, subscribe, share, and hop over to my site." When they subscribe, YouTube will send them notifications of new video uploads. When they arrive at your site... Well that takes me to step 3.


3. Ask for the Sale and the Opt-In

On your site offer something for sale right on the spot. The sooner they get used to your asking for the sale, the easier it will be to convert them down the line even if they do not convert immediately.

Remember, you'll have many more cooking videos later on. Maybe the amazing steak recipe didn't get them, however, maybe your amazing lobster mac and cheese will capture their imagination. Maybe that pushes them over the edge to where they want to buy your cookbook with 10 amazing lobster dishes.

You also want to ask for the opt-in. I tend to offer "perceived value" vs. actual value. I hate to give anything of high value for free.

Finally, use your site to feature your other YouTube videos!!! Maybe they've only seen one of your videos based on a recommendation while in the YouTube app, or on the website.

So, you should feature your other videos so that those videos will rank higher in YouTube and become recommended as well. Now you've got a nice YouTube to Site to YouTube to Site to YouTube loop going!


4. Market to Your List

Market the new content you create to your list. Point them to your site where that YouTube content will be featured.

If they are on your site, it's easier for them to purchase whatever you're selling. If they are able to view your content in the same place that you're asking for the sale, you'll convert better.

Study after study has shown that video helps increase sales. I'm here to say that these studies are right. I never take people to a blanket sales page if I have a new offering.

Rather, I'll say "Check out my new video on home made fish and chips! I've also included a new video on how to do a clam bake at home to the members only section... you can use this coupon code for 50% off today..."


I'm working hard as I can to create the highest quality and best YouTube content I can possibly create and it's paying off. There are folks who rely on YouTube ad revenue and YouTube ad revenue alone for money, however, I view the ad revenue as the icing on the cake. Example; if I get to a point where I'm making $10,000 a month in ad revenue, then, it's highly likely I'm making $100,000 a month selling my own stuff.

This all starts with a desire to work and learn. If you're looking for a fast and easy quick buck online, you'll be buying IM products for years and won't make any money. If you have a passion and you want to turn that passion into profits, creating outstanding visuals with something of unique value to sell can be your keys to success.



#formula #internet #marketing #passion #starts #stumbled
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Thanks for your post !

    I will play devils advocate for a second and present another angle : One of the quickest ways to lose something your passionate about is to make it a job and trying to make money off of it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
      I am going to re-advocate. 70% of people either hate their job, or fear of losing their job. The best way to not fear losing your job, or hate your job, is to create your job.

      I guess if you end up hating the job that you create for yourself, you can then go find another job you'll eventually hate at the post office or something.


      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Thanks for your post !

      I will play devils advocate for a second and present another angle : One of the quickest ways to lose something your passionate about is to make it a job and trying to make money off of it
      Signature
      FILL IN THE BLANKS!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012953].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shmol
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Thanks for your post !

      I will play devils advocate for a second and present another angle : One of the quickest ways to lose something your passionate about is to make it a job and trying to make money off of it
      Spot on with this.

      All-of-a-sudden it is not fun anymore
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Good post, on the whole.

    Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

    Again, there are folks using this BASIC formula. However, when I do see it in motion it's in the MMO niche. But, that's a problem for a newbie. How are you supposed to make money online by teaching people how to make money online if you have never made money online?
    Based on some of the questions I've seen here over the years and the signatures below them, it doesn't seem to stop a lot of people.

    Headline: "I need to make $xxx in the next seven days or I'm homeless"

    Signature: "Learn how to make $xxx per day with no work or investment - [link]"

    How do you take that seriously?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    At the end of the video ask them to do two things; "subscribe to my channel" and hop over to 'yourcookingsite' to get more great recipes.
    I never urge people to subscribe to my YT channel. YT channels sometimes get nuked and your subs. will get nuked along with it.

    My goal for YT videos is getting people to click the link to my site and opt-in. Period!

    I don't want to teach or entertain or anything else on YT but get the click.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unlimitedoptions
    Hi TheBigBee:

    That was a good post. Youtube is a good platform for free advertising as long as you know how to use it. It appears you are using it well.

    Keep up the good work and good sharing.

    Dan
    Signature
    Exactly What I am Doing to Easily Build Consistent Recurring Income.
    WATCH FREE VIDEO HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

    How are you supposed to make money online by teaching people how to make money online if you have never made money online?
    You're spot on.

    And this is exactly the kind of stuff the WF needs to stomp out...

    ...not that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but as the biggest forum it should lead by example.

    It could set the standard for the entire industry.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    No, new shining object? It ain't gonna work, then.

    Like your post and think most, maybe even all, of your intended audience will ignore it. It requires work and there's nothing new in it.

    I write this based on what I've seen in the last year or so on this forum. 2017 didn't even start and there were people starting threads looking for the big, extra amazing, super-effective technique that requires only 3 clicks to make $43,757/week.

    PS Why didn't you post this some 30 years ago; you'd have saved me a lot of time. (Oh, wait, 30 years ago, I wouldn't of listen to this kind of advice.)

    Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

    I hope this post can help newbies GET STARTED taking action.

    We have all heard this myth that "if you work really hard, you can turn your passion into profits..."

    I thought that was a load of bullcrap most of my life. However, since I've turned my passion into profits, I can say it really is not.

    I started with a passion of mine right here on WF and have since "moved on to the big stage..."

    There's actually a plug and play formula anyone can use to turn their passions in to profits.

    That being said, if you're not willing to work 16 hours a day at your passion, you should head to the post office and put in an application.

    Here's a "formula" I have stumbled upon... Here's the EXACT formula I am using...

    Keep in mind, there's nothing 100% unique about the forumla as others are doing it.

    However, I want to share with you the things I've done to "tweak" the formula and how those "tweaks" can work for anyone.



    Formula:

    1. Create OUTSTANDING YouTube Content
    2. Use YouTube views to push traffic to your site.
    3. Ask for the sale AND the opt-in.
    4. Market to your list.


    Again, there are folks using this BASIC formula. However, when I do see it in motion it's in the MMO niche. But, that's a problem for a newbie. How are you supposed to make money online by teaching people how to make money online if you have never made money online?


    Anyway, let's break this down... The first step is to start with something you truly love and enjoy.

    For this example, let's pretend you LOVE to cook.


    1. Create Outstanding YouTube Content

    There's a TON of stuff all over this forum that teaches you how to create fast, and easy YouTube content.

    However, the value of creating amazing content is never discussed. If your videos have real production value, you're putting yourself ahead of the curve. All you need is a smart phone that can record video in 4K, a $20 mic that can be found on Amazon, and a $20 tripod with mount that can be found on Amazon. And newbie friendly video editing software to start.

    Anyway, if you wanted to make money online in the cooking niche you should make amazing videos of yourself cooking amazing dishes based on recipes you've created or tweaked.

    The end product should look amazing and the production value should be incredible. They should look at the dish and think; "man, I want to eat that!!!"

    Visuals are a powerful tool to drive sales and too many people are stuck creating low quality jerry rigged videos instead of exploiting the power of video to it's fullest potential.


    2. Use YouTube Views to Push Traffic to Your Site

    At the end of the video ask them to do two things; "subscribe to my channel" and hop over to 'yourcookingsite' to get more great recipes. If you ask for more than two things, they'll likely do none. So, avoid asking "like, comment, subscribe, share, and hop over to my site." When they subscribe, YouTube will send them notifications of new video uploads. When they arrive at your site... Well that takes me to step 3.


    3. Ask for the Sale and the Opt-In

    On your site offer something for sale right on the spot. The sooner they get used to your asking for the sale, the easier it will be to convert them down the line even if they do not convert immediately.

    Remember, you'll have many more cooking videos later on. Maybe the amazing steak recipe didn't get them, however, maybe your amazing lobster mac and cheese will capture their imagination. Maybe that pushes them over the edge to where they want to buy your cookbook with 10 amazing lobster dishes.

    You also want to ask for the opt-in. I tend to offer "perceived value" vs. actual value. I hate to give anything of high value for free.

    Finally, use your site to feature your other YouTube videos!!! Maybe they've only seen one of your videos based on a recommendation while in the YouTube app, or on the website.

    So, you should feature your other videos so that those videos will rank higher in YouTube and become recommended as well. Now you've got a nice YouTube to Site to YouTube to Site to YouTube loop going!


    4. Market to Your List

    Market the new content you create to your list. Point them to your site where that YouTube content will be featured.

    If they are on your site, it's easier for them to purchase whatever you're selling. If they are able to view your content in the same place that you're asking for the sale, you'll convert better.

    Study after study has shown that video helps increase sales. I'm here to say that these studies are right. I never take people to a blanket sales page if I have a new offering.

    Rather, I'll say "Check out my new video on home made fish and chips! I've also included a new video on how to do a clam bake at home to the members only section... you can use this coupon code for 50% off today..."


    I'm working hard as I can to create the highest quality and best YouTube content I can possibly create and it's paying off. There are folks who rely on YouTube ad revenue and YouTube ad revenue alone for money, however, I view the ad revenue as the icing on the cake. Example; if I get to a point where I'm making $10,000 a month in ad revenue, then, it's highly likely I'm making $100,000 a month selling my own stuff.

    This all starts with a desire to work and learn. If you're looking for a fast and easy quick buck online, you'll be buying IM products for years and won't make any money. If you have a passion and you want to turn that passion into profits, creating outstanding visuals with something of unique value to sell can be your keys to success.



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    The problem with most people looking to make money online is this:


    They don't realise that proven systems and testing is required, for example affiliate marketing requires so much depth and skill... this is why only 5% of people make money!


    They learn what it takes and APPLY IT!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    This its real succes .After like 3 years of failures i start to see somew succes ,its not a big one but it gives me confidence .The secret in IM its to never give up and to work hard everyday ,if you work hard you create more enery also to succes and money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
    Good past, overall I can definetly agree.

    Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post


    Again, there are folks using this BASIC formula. However, when I do see it in motion it's in the MMO niche. But, that's a problem for a newbie. How are you supposed to make money online by teaching people how to make money online if you have never made money online?
    This is the bad core of the whole thing which puts the whole industry in such a bad light. Out of all the "infoproduct" creators and gurus I know, easily 80-90% are people like you described.

    The point is to start something YOU are good at or YOU are passionate about. Not what people want to see so that you desperately try to establish yourself as an expert in a field where you have no clue of. Of course its important to have a market for what you do, but if you have nothing to contribute to this market then you should simply not enter it - period.

    The world doesn't need anymore wannabe entrepreneurs who think working a normal job is for retards and living the "internet lifestyle" is the new way to go, when all they do is creating dog training eBooks and selling stupid video courses about the right "mindset". And no, reading three Wikipedia articles and watching a video doesn't make you an expert eligible for selling 200$ courses.

    Seriously, do something you are good at and at some point if you consistently work on your image and medium (YouTube / Blog / Website / whatever) you may eventually become an authority.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Happerz
    Only promise when somebody searches this on YouTube there's already going to be 1000+ other videos using this exact same "technique".

    I don't usually ask this question, but I seriously have to ask because this article is so stupid.

    Is this a joke?

    It doesn't actually teach anyone how to do anything that will make them stand out.

    You talk about abstract ideas like passion, and making an interesting, creative video, but what do any of these words mean?

    "Subscribe now"?

    Probably over 1/3 of every video on YouTube does that.

    Their vague abstract words that don't actually describe any action steps, or teach someone how to do anything.

    If you really want to learn how to be successful, get action steps, and make sure they're not action steps that are vague generalized statements that everyone else is already using that are just going to get you lumped in with 100,000 other videos.

    Other than that, great technique for 2006.

    All you need is a time machine and you're all set.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Why all that bolding? You angry?

      I think you missed the point. Point in case, you say 1/3 of youtubers already do the very basic thing of saying Subscribe. Which means 2/3 do not. See what he means?

      Originally Posted by Happerz View Post

      Only promise when somebody searches this on YouTube there's already going to be 1000+ other videos using this exact same "technique".

      I don't usually ask this question, but I seriously have to ask because this article is so stupid.

      Is this a joke?

      It doesn't actually teach anyone how to do anything that will make them stand out.

      You talk about abstract ideas like passion, and making an interesting, creative video, but what do any of these words mean?

      "Subscribe now"?

      Probably over 1/3 of every video on YouTube does that.

      Their vague abstract words that don't actually describe any action steps, or teach someone how to do anything.

      If you really want to learn how to be successful, get action steps, and make sure they're not action steps that are vague generalized statements that everyone else is already using that are just going to get you lumped in with 100,000 other videos.

      Other than that, great technique for 2006.

      All you need is a time machine and you're all set.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014964].message }}

Trending Topics