I am planning to create a free Wordpress video training course to centre my website around, and I was just wondering if I have maybe left anything out during my planning?
Below is a list of the videos I am planning to create for the course... do you think there is anything else I should add?
- Welcome to the course
- What are web hosting and domain names?
- How to register web hosting and a domain name
- Installing Wordpress and logging in
- Change Wordpress password
- Logging into WordPress with new password
- Introduction to WordPress Dashboard
- What are WordPress themes and plugins?
- How to install WordPress themes (both ways)
- How to install WordPress plugins (both ways)
- Add pages
- Add blog posts
- Add images
- What is the difference between a website and a blog?
- Setting a homepage or a blog roll (website or blog)
- What are WordPress widgets?
- How to change the sidebars (Wordpress widgets)
- Creating custom menus
- Add or remove www. from URL
- How to update permalinks to show page names
- How to turn comments on and off
- How to add a contact form
- Embedding YouTube videos on Wordpress
Do you guys think this is a good beginners course outline? Or is there anything I should change?
See... I plan to give this course away for free, and then I will create a few different paid courses to market to the people that join the free one.
Hopefully this makes sense, and thank you in advance for any and all input! :p