Why Do Most Newbies Fail at Blogging/Internet Marketing?

18 replies
Most of the Newbie are fail in Blogging.
A Report Says "More than 90% Blogger Fail"
But What is the Reason? and how to overcome.
Reason..
1. Most of the people start their blog on Tech, Blogging and very similar niches which are flooded in market, they are writing the same content..
2. Major reason is without their interest in topic/niche they start their blog and after 15 days, 30 days they look for traffic and money.
==================
Solution
==================
So the solution is first identified your interest, either that is painting, dancing, cooking or anything else, make a Blog on that. Don't forget everything itself a huge niche.
(Painting, Sketching are also Good niches)
=> Write content by self-ideas, focus on delivering quality.
=>Be consistence for minimum 3 months.
#blogging or internet #failed #marketing #newbie
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    The people who have huge success with their blogs are usually people who are blogging about something they are very passionate about and care about a great deal.

    I often find that when it comes to blogging, being an Internet Marketer can actually be a detriment. It's great in the sense that as a marketer, you probably understand things like SEO, social media, list building, etc, better, but it's bad in the sense that you are looking at it as a money making business venture instead of simply doing something that you love.

    I tried blogging in many different niches, and the only blogs that I ever had success with were the ones that were about something I already really loved. I absolutely love the "make money online/biz opp/software/WP plugin" niche, and so I created a review blog about that in 2013 and that's doing really well because I ENJOY working on it. I ENJOY writing my text reviews and doing a video review, etc. I try to make my review posts as in-depth as possible, and it never feels like work. A good review post complete with review video, custom images, PDF, and audio versions of the article can take anywhere from 3-4 hours to complete. I try and do 5 reviews a week. That's 20 hours a week right there on my blog ALONE, and my blog takes up the LEAST amount of my time. I probably spend another 40 hours a week on list building, traffic generation, social media advertising, testing out products that I am thinking of promoting.

    I know this might be a little off-topic, but you saw the numbers above. I work on my online biz anywhere from 60-70 hours per week, so if you ever see anyone promising you that you can make thousands per month just by working "30 minutes a day," you need to RUN THE OTHER WAY!

    Anyhow, back on track... I think another thing that causes bloggers to fail is that they simply don't have the time or don't want to put the work in that's necessary to make them stand out from the crowd.

    I always judge the quality of my blog content by how many subscribers I get that I don't have to offer a freebie or "bribe" to to get them to subscribe.

    In other words, if you have a simple opt-in form on your blog that says something like "Sign up for blog updates and get new articles delivered right to your inbox," and you are getting good conversion rates from something as simple as that, it's a really good indication that people are loving your content.

    When I blog now, I try to never think like a marketer. Instead, I simply ask myself the question "What would I want to read if I was searching for an answer to such and such a problem?"

    Some of my best blog post ideas have come from looking at Q & A sites like Yahoo Answers and Quora.

    In fact, I can think of a great post idea right now. You simply find 10 questions in your niche that a lot of people seem to be looking to the answers for, and you title it "The Top 10 Questions About "your niche here" ANSWERED!" I can almost guarantee a well written article like that will get quite a bit of traction on social media. Notice I said a "well written" article. If you rush through it and post some crap, you are going to get crap in return.

    The key to success in blogging is not having tech skills, or even SEO. It's DEDICATION! How hard are you willing to work to produce content that REALLY helps people and is not just designed as some pre-sell or advertorial?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055330].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post




      The key to success in blogging is not having tech skills, or even SEO. It's DEDICATION! How hard are you willing to work to produce content that REALLY helps people and is not just designed as some pre-sell or advertorial?
      Yes, and most of the time it involves blogging to "crickets" for weeks and even months before Traffic can build up and an audience appears. That is a HUGE reason I see most throwing in the towel with Blogging.

      The Crickets Concept lol



      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Originally Posted by NichekwsBlog View Post

    A Report Says "More than 90% Blogger Fail"
    What's the URL to the report?

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055373].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan E
      Originally Posted by NichekwsBlog

      A Report Says "More than 90% Blogger Fail"

      Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

      What's the URL to the report?

      Thanks
      I, too, would like to see that report ... if the OP would reply with a URL to it.

      Waiting with bated breath here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anand363
    You are 100% correct, many bloggers without having any interest in the niche which they blog about will try some cliche traffic sources to bring people to their blog, thinking that more the people's visit, better the blog will rank.

    Understand this it is not the number of people's visit which is gonna rank your blog, it's about how much the people who has visited engage (liking, commenting and sharing your post with others) with your blog.

    It can only happen by maintaining three things:

    1. Quality
    2. Originality
    3. Consistency

    If you trying to duplicate, it means that you are gonna get the info somewhere in internet only, which most of the people would know about and however you change the text from original post it is easily identifiable.

    And most important thing is consistency, you should be consistent in your blogging, this will again improve people's engagement with you blog
    Signature
    Intenet Marketer since 2012, Contact me if you have any doubts, i believe i can help you
    SkypeId: live:m.anandnataraj | FaceBook: facebook.com/anandnataraj.m
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amazing Dave
    I don't get it why people post such threads... I mean...

    You're literally saying... People fail because they start a blog about technology, money etc. and whatever... which are saturated and hard to make any money with. Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's almost impossible to succeed in these niches without a big invstment.

    Then you tell them to find their passion and write around that...

    Now tell me... What kind of advice is that? It's like saying: "Hey, it's almost impossible to get a job in <for a dumb example: construction> nowadays, go around your neigbourhood and find your passion, maybe in mowing lawns."

    Having a successful blog is SO MUCH MORE than just finding your passion and writing about that. That's the last problem you have to solve.

    I'm mean... seriously... and this is supposed to be an IM forum where people that have no idea what they are talking about are giving other people advice? Lmfao.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Amazing Dave View Post

      I don't get it why people post such threads... I mean...

      You're literally saying... People fail because they start a blog about technology, money etc. and whatever... which are saturated and hard to make any money with. Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's almost impossible to succeed in these niches without a big invstment.

      Then you tell them to find their passion and write around that...

      Now tell me... What kind of advice is that? It's like saying: "Hey, it's almost impossible to get a job in <for a dumb example: construction> nowadays, go around your neigbourhood and find your passion, maybe in mowing lawns."

      Having a successful blog is SO MUCH MORE than just finding your passion and writing about that. That's the last problem you have to solve.

      I'm mean... seriously... and this is supposed to be an IM forum where people that have no idea what they are talking about are giving other people advice? Lmfao.
      I'm not saying that you can't be successful blogging about something that you know nothing about. If you have the investment capital, that's not an issue because you can always hire people who are experts in that area to write for you. You can always learn the topic yourself as well.

      My point is that a lot of new bloggers fail because they pick a topic to write about based solely on it's popularity, not realizing that there are literally thousands of niches and sub-niches that they could get into and profit much quicker and easier.

      I'm also speaking from personal experience when I say that as a new blogger you shouldn't think so much like a marketer. You should think like someone who is blogging because they love to blog and because they have a true passion for wanting to provide unique, interesting content that is super helpful to others.

      I got into affiliate marketing in 2007 and was strictly into list building in the "make money online/biz opp" niche. Within 2 years I had built a list of almost 50K and was nearing the 6 figure per year mark. I had never blogged up until this point.

      I had the list building thing going great, and I wanted to try blogging because I knew a lot of people were cleaning up with that and so I wanted to try it.

      I didn't want to blog about the "make money online/biz opp" niche because I knew the competition was insane. I tried other niches like dog training and hair loss and my first 5 or 6 attempts failed miserably. Finally, I started a blog about what I loved, which was building a list in the MMO niche and doing in-depth REAL reviews on many of the new product launches.

      BINGO! I hit my stride with that one. Everything came easier. I actually began to enjoy writing the reviews. Not only that, I built a nice passive income for myself because lots of those reviews make sales on autopilot every month.

      You say that having a passion for what you are writing about is the least of your problems, but I disagree.

      I decided from the minute I started my review blog that I was not going to think like a marketer. I don't even do any SEO except on-page SEO. I simply put together incredible reviews that are 1500-2000 words, include videos, infographics, PDFs, audio files, etc, in every post.

      I can write a review right now about an MMO product that launched today and within 24 hours my review will be on page 1 or page 2 of Google. Every once in a while I end up near the top of page 3.

      With the exception of including my affiliate link in the article (obviously), I don't think like a marketer.

      Instead, I put myself in the mind of a potential customer who is looking for REAL information about a product. It's not that hard to stick out in the MMO niche because 95% of the reviews are written by people who don't have the product so maybe that's why I can stand out from the crowd so easily.

      Newbies fail because they try to break into niches and blog about things they know nothing about and don't really care about. They are only doing it for the money. And while we are all in it to make money, if something looks like it's written solely to extract money from a person, the person can usually sense that and they leave the site and look elsewhere.

      The main key to success is providing excellent content that keeps people engaged.

      It's certainly not technical knowledge, because WordPress is so easy to use that my 5 year old nephew could do it. It's not SEO, because people simply over complicate that.

      All you really need to worry about is on-page SEO. If your content is awesome you'll get natural backlinks, which is what Google wants.

      Blogging is simple. People who over complicate it or try to do it just for the money will always fail -- unless they have a ton of capital to put up front to pay writers, researchers, social media managers, buy paid advertising, etc.

      I would say that 99% of new bloggers don't have that kind of capital.

      So people need to keep it simple and yes, their first blog should be about something they love and care about and consider important.

      If they can make that blog successful, then by all means they should then branch out into other niches.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11056016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Why Most of the Newbie Failed into Blogging/Internet Marketing???
    Because they are not marketers.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11055552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joyce Birmingham
    I'm not sure about making your passion the topic for a successful blog. It might be more enjoyable but I find just about every topic is subject to saturation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11058853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Replace the word 'saturation' with 'competition'.

    You have to compete in any niche that's worth working in - if there is no competition, that tells you there are no buyers.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world of one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11058861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Replace the word 'saturation' with 'competition'.

      You have to compete in any niche that's worth working in - if there is no competition, that tells you there are no buyers.


      Wrong. Not even remotely true.

      I have no idea why you're stuck on that idea.

      You only have competition when you target the same traffic as someone else with the same product/service. Even then it's not always the death of a salesman/business.

      The same stuff being sold on ebay sells on Craigslist all day long with practically no competition on Craigslist while ebay is flooded with the same products from multiple vendors and magically all/most making sales.

      The reason multiple ebay sellers make sales for the same product is some of them bring their own traffic to ebay from other locations/sites on the web. Everyone selling on ebay doesn't depend on ebay as a traffic source, some use ebay simply as a checkout cart and the rating system.

      Also keep in mind everyone will not find every single seller and most will never comparison shop online.

      Applies to the rest of the universe.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11190987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Replace the word 'saturation' with 'competition'.

      You have to compete in any niche that's worth working in - if there is no competition, that tells you there are no buyers.

      I wonder if she really has ever sold anything online herself.

      I think she is one of those lifers that just hangs out on marketing forums. She talks about marketing all day, but doesn't do any herself.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randy McLean
    If money were not an issue, what would you be doing with your time for the rest of your life?

    Blog about that.

    Second, you have to know how to write. It takes a while to find your voice and "infotain."

    Just because I am interested in a topic doesn't mean I am going to be a regular reader if the paragraphs look like they were thrown into a blender.

    A good blog I like reading for example is markmanson.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    I've got loads of data on niches that aren't saturated at all, it's just having time to do something in these niches.

    Many people here are in the same niches. I've just seen yet another post from a newbie wanting to go into the fitness niche.

    All of my best sites have been created when I've had to try and find something out about a particular topic that I've not previously known anything about.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KinneyJ2014
    I think newbie bloggers failed in blogging because they have lack of patience and a lot of confusion. They choose different niches at once and try to conquer everything in short time. Which will make them more impatient and finally they quit.

    ----Creating high quality content is also a big factor for newcomers

    ---New bloggers will copy, scrape or plagiarize content from around the web and then wonder why Google does not like their blogs

    ---Blogging usually takes time to build up things to a point that success is reached and maintained. Nothing great can come that easy or everyone would do it!

    Source: Blogging Mistakes

    Signature
    Set S.M.A.R.T. goals
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11071424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I have no idea why you're stuck on that idea.
    And I have no idea why you would post to argue the point 6 months later...but so it goes.

    in any niche
    is not the same as 'where same products (in a niche) are being sold and the competition on those sites".
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world of one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191007].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      And I have no idea why you would post to argue the point 6 months later...but so it goes.

      is not the same as 'where same products (in a niche) are being sold and the competition on those sites".
      Really? You also posted 6 months later.





      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      is not the same as 'where same products (in a niche) are being sold and the competition on those sites".
      More nonsense.

      Like I said, go look at ebay, multiple sellers selling the same product on the same domain with public data showing sales.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by NichekwsBlog View Post

    Most of the Newbie are fail in Blogging.
    A Report Says "More than 90% Blogger Fail"
    But What is the Reason? and how to overcome.
    Reason..
    1. Most of the people start their blog on Tech, Blogging and very similar niches which are flooded in market, they are writing the same content..
    2. Major reason is without their interest in topic/niche they start their blog and after 15 days, 30 days they look for traffic and money.
    ==================
    Solution
    ==================
    So the solution is first identified your interest, either that is painting, dancing, cooking or anything else, make a Blog on that. Don't forget everything itself a huge niche.
    (Painting, Sketching are also Good niches)
    => Write content by self-ideas, focus on delivering quality.
    =>Be consistence for minimum 3 months.
    Sounds like a solid plan! What's your preferred blogging platform?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191540].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics