Is it stupid to launch a paid information product without any upsells?

by dekwxd
16 replies
Hi everyone,

I've made an information product with professional quality sales copy and now I'm wondering if I absolutely need to include an upsell in the sales funnel.

When I asked a coach that I had this question he told me that I needed an upsell as I would be 'leaving money on the table' if I didn't have one, but can anyone tell me how much I would be 'leaving on the table' if I just launched with one front-end product and no upsells? Since I'm new to product launches I don't really have that much of a conception of how much can be made with a product launch, but apparently it's a lot. Judging by what I have so far I think it would be successful if I followed through with it all and my coach even told me as much.

So again, my question is, what is the difference in terms of how much can be made when it comes to launching a product with just a front-end offer versus launching a product with a front-end offer and at least one upsell?

Thank you for any thoughts you may have on this.
#information #launch #paid #product #stupid #upsells
  • Profile picture of the author Storemakers
    Yes , you'll be leaving money on the table , Correct, But it's not important to have it. As a buyer I rather not finding any.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11062935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I've made an information product with professional quality sales copy and now I'm wondering if I absolutely need to include an upsell in the sales funnel.
    First find out if the FE sells. You can always add an upsell later.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11062937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HamzaW
    Hello, coach? 2003 called, they want their cliche back.

    Why not make the upsell as easy as possible to set up and just get it out there? An hour of one-on-one consultation with you for $97, or a 4 week group training webinar for $197. It doesn't have to be an information product or a recurring membership thang.
    Signature
    The Fastest & Easiest way to Get Your Landing Pages Online - with Built-In Split Testing, Geolocation and Analytics.

    Now on an UNBELIEVABLE monthly deal => SplitLeads.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11062956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
      Originally Posted by HamzaW View Post

      An hour of one-on-one consultation with you for $97
      And the sales copy would be:

      I'll teach you how to post questions on Warrior Forum?
      Signature
      Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
      All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063022].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HamzaW
        lol the OP never said it was an MMO info product....
        Signature
        The Fastest & Easiest way to Get Your Landing Pages Online - with Built-In Split Testing, Geolocation and Analytics.

        Now on an UNBELIEVABLE monthly deal => SplitLeads.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by HamzaW View Post

      An hour of one-on-one consultation with you for $97.

      I'll do it for $96.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AceOfShirts
    Find an affiliate program for a product or service that complements your current offer. You should definitely at least offer them something else to buy, even if you didn't create it.

    I'm sure there is some "tool" they will need to take action on your information: webhosting, autoresponder, domain name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11062993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faisalmaximus
    Almost all newbie do this for at least once in life, I did also. I learned after first experience, and one of my fellow marketer knocked me to say how much I am loosing. The amount depends on how much traffic you are generating. Hope best for your next sales copy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Welter
    I agree with your coach, getting an upsell would be an advantage. Maximize your product launch.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by dekwxd View Post

    Hi everyone,

    I've made an information product with professional quality sales copy and now I'm wondering if I absolutely need to include an upsell in the sales funnel.

    When I asked a coach that I had this question he told me that I needed an upsell as I would be 'leaving money on the table' if I didn't have one, but can anyone tell me how much I would be 'leaving on the table' if I just launched with one front-end product and no upsells? Since I'm new to product launches I don't really have that much of a conception of how much can be made with a product launch, but apparently it's a lot. Judging by what I have so far I think it would be successful if I followed through with it all and my coach even told me as much.

    So again, my question is, what is the difference in terms of how much can be made when it comes to launching a product with just a front-end offer versus launching a product with a front-end offer and at least one upsell?

    Thank you for any thoughts you may have on this.
    I would word it a little different, it would be better to do upsets, but at the same time, it's better to do a paid information product with no upsets than nothing at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shams Sikder
    You don't need one, but you definitely will make a lot more money if you have upsells. Most successful Internet marketers make most of their money from upsells since the front end product is usually sold at a relatively low price. To put things into perspective, If you had 100 sales of your front end offer of $10, you'd have $1000. Now if you added an upsell that costs $50, and 40% of your 100 buyers bought your upsell, you'd have an extra $2000 which could be much higher with more than one upsell. Obviously, the numbers depend on how good your offer is, but you can definitely make more money with a few upsells.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bizopboost
    Yes that is right, you definitely will make a more money if you have upsells on your offer, I dont have a long experience as an affiliate marketer but what i can confirm is that about 60% of my commissions are comming from the upsells of the offers i promote.
    Good Luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex A2Hosting
    Not having upsells is always going to leave potential money on the table. Though is the product you're looking to sell proven? Why not launch it with what you have, see how it goes and if all is well you can invest more time into upsells.

    I'd imagine you could offer these new upsells to your existing clients anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Alex A2Hosting View Post

      Not having upsells is always going to leave potential money on the table. Though is the product you're looking to sell proven? Why not launch it with what you have, see how it goes and if all is well you can invest more time into upsells.

      I'd imagine you could offer these new upsells to your existing clients anyway.
      This.

      How much money are you leaving on the table if you never ante up and get in the game?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11063749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author youngestceo
    launching a product without a good funnel means you are leaving lot of money on the table and many JVs out there will not want to promote your product since they wont be able to make more money promoting it.
    Signature

    Would You Like To Partner With Me On Product Launches? Then PM Me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11066018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      No, it does not.

      In order for you to leave money on the table, you have to already have something to upsell. If you don't have anything to upsell, you're leaving nothing on the table.

      You'd be leaving money on the table if you did not sell what you have while you're creating something to upsell.

      Originally Posted by youngestceo View Post

      launching a product without a good funnel means you are leaving lot of money on the table and many JVs out there will not want to promote your product since they wont be able to make more money promoting it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11066024].message }}

Trending Topics