Finger Spinners made me 10K in a few weeks!!

57 replies
Warriors

Been awhile since I last posted some good info hacks for the MMO niche

Of late most would have heard of the new craze called finger spinners , found out about this about 2 moths ago as I noticed some people making them for fun on YT

So on a gut feeling bought a cheap domain just a . info , and set up a sales page
and a quick guide on the new craze and how not to be left out !

As there was no comps around thought this will be a good omen , so whacked up a quick vid on YT and marketed it like a Yo Yo drop in some links where to buy and so in few weeks I had 10K in the bank

Check the stats and traffic has died off so deleted the vid and took site down
still not bad for 3 weeks

So before you say how or why does this not work in what ever niche you are working on try reverse engineering you never know what you may find

#Just an update think of it like this ! no seo no list building no social media its just like a crime though leagle SMASH AND GRAB #

Jason
#10k #finger #made #spinners #weeks
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11115894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by Alex Booster View Post

      Aren't those things called "fidget spinners"?
      I have always know them in my country as finger spinners !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11115927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author millionaireG3
    Congratulations!!! What are you planning next?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11115897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by millionaireG3 View Post

      Congratulations!!! What are you planning next?
      Not sure maybe go on cruise or Bali for a few weeks and try something new later in the year , made all my money ages ago on the web when it was the wild days so now just kick back have fun

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11115926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Nice Jayson...
    You got in at the right time, most of these fads are hit and run...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11115936].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Nice Jayson...
      You got in at the right time, most of these fads are hit and run...
      Mate it is the best way now to make money , what used to take ages to make you can pop out some info and bingo 3-4 weeks you have some dollars

      Timing is the key bet hey if you get in early you can make some good coin

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Nice Jayson...
      You got in at the right time, most of these fads are hit and run...
      Speaking of fads, since Adam West died yesterday from the original Batman television series. Ebay sent a list of top products in an e-mail. Batman was rate #2 of hot selling products in the world. The fad won't last long, but a bunch of old magazines are selling and other stuff. Don't forget he starred in other movies also.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116091].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

        Speaking of fads, since Adam West died yesterday from the original Batman television series. Ebay sent a list of top products in an e-mail. Batman was rate #2 of hot selling products in the world. The fad won't last long, but a bunch of old magazines are selling and other stuff. Don't forget he starred in other movies also.
        D

        A mate of mine has a signed photo of Adam on the set of a Western he did in Italy so sure that would be worth a bit now1
        Jason
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116138].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    Why would you take the site and video down??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Why would you take the site and video down??
      Only ever do 2-3 weeks not worth it after that the comps start !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116134].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gnojham
        Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

        Only ever do 2-3 weeks not worth it after that the comps start !
        But why waste your time taking the stuff down? Does it cost you money to leave it up? Is your domain registered on monthly basis? Does your hosting plan allow for only a fixed number of domains? I'm trying to understand the logic
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116144].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
          Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

          But why waste your time taking the stuff down? Does it cost you money to leave it up? Is your domain registered on monthly basis? Does your hosting plan allow for only a fixed number of domains? I'm trying to understand the logic
          Straight BS, Homie...
          Signature
          Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
          All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116191].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
          Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

          But why waste your time taking the stuff down? Does it cost you money to leave it up? Is your domain registered on monthly basis? Does your hosting plan allow for only a fixed number of domains? I'm trying to understand the logic
          Sorry just saw this to answer the hosting I bought a plan back in 2010 it was a WSO for $19 a year the company was called hostdeal it was unlimited domains and data and never ad an issue

          So as of this year a Canadian company dot Canada bought them out so things may have to change in OCT

          I buy au domains through a friend from his business so i get them cheap
          Hope that clears that up for you

          Jason
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118591].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author gnojham
            Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

            Sorry just saw this to answer the hosting I bought a plan back in 2010 it was a WSO for $19 a year the company was called hostdeal it was unlimited domains and data and never ad an issue

            So as of this year a Canadian company dot Canada bought them out so things may have to change in OCT

            I buy au domains through a friend from his business so i get them cheap
            Hope that clears that up for you

            Jason
            Doesn't clear up anything really, but thanks
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118618].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Why would you take the site and video down??
      Exactly what I'm wondering, considering the fact that I have been writing about them on SteemIt and am getting comments from people all the time who still have no idea what they are.

      The fact is they have yet to reach their height in popularity and there is still plenty of room to profit from the fad.

      Then you take into consideration that the OP didn't even know they were called "fidget spinners," and not "finger spinners" and I think what you have here is a very tall tale.

      In other words, I don't believe a word of it.

      Who the hell takes down a video that ranks #1 for a huge keyword, no matter how long it's been up? NOBODY with any sense, that's for sure.

      And you wonder why so many people are suspicious of Internet Marketers...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NetMan
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        ...

        In other words, I don't believe a word of it.

        Who the hell takes down a video that ranks #1 for a huge keyword, no matter how long it's been up? NOBODY with any sense, that's for sure.
        ....
        Almost word for word what I've been thinking instantly!
        Signature
        **GET...** Cash Magic Funnels @ 80% OFF | PM me for the Coupon! Available for a VERY SHORT TIME ONLY!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116286].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        Exactly what I'm wondering, considering the fact that I have been writing about them on SteemIt and am getting comments from people all the time who still have no idea what they are.

        The fact is they have yet to reach their height in popularity and there is still plenty of room to profit from the fad.

        Then you take into consideration that the OP didn't even know they were called "fidget spinners," and not "finger spinners" and I think what you have here is a very tall tale.

        In other words, I don't believe a word of it.

        Who the hell takes down a video that ranks #1 for a huge keyword, no matter how long it's been up? NOBODY with any sense, that's for sure.

        And you wonder why so many people are suspicious of Internet Marketers...
        Totally wrong in your assumption of a warrior who thinks if he does no it must be wrong maybe a scam , nope see the traffic for this device dies off because here in Oz the teachers and parents have been taking them away and at the time of the craze starting is where the money came in but now the kids have moved on

        Plus I removed the video as I was going to update but after checking the stats not worth it , so took it all down and enjoying what I made

        So before you sprout off at something you know nothing about I would stick to blogging

        Jason
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118202].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adrianne_
          Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

          ...nope see the traffic for this device dies off because here in Oz the teachers and parents have been taking them away and at the time of the craze starting is where the money came in but now the kids have moved on
          You live in Oz? Like the Wizard of Oz? I don't get why taking down
          a video just because views fell off. Just leave it up as a guide for
          a marketer to duplicate your efforts. If you bought a new domain
          for it, it should last you at least a year before it expires so why
          not let the video ride for the next year? Maybe taking it down
          draws some suspicion.
          Signature
          Request a FREE Starter Kit From This Direct Mail Order Company!!
          ~ No Stamps to Buy ~ No Envelopes to Stuff ~ Company Does All The Mailing
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118679].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
            Originally Posted by Adrianne_ View Post

            You live in Oz? Like the Wizard of Oz? I don't get why taking down
            a video just because views fell off. Just leave it up as a guide for
            a marketer to duplicate your efforts. If you bought a new domain
            for it, it should last you at least a year before it expires so why
            not let the video ride for the next year? Maybe taking it down
            draws some suspicion.
            Sorry Oz is Aussie slang for Australia
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118719].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
          Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

          Totally wrong in your assumption of a warrior who thinks if he does no it must be wrong maybe a scam , nope see the traffic for this device dies off because here in Oz the teachers and parents have been taking them away and at the time of the craze starting is where the money came in but now the kids have moved on

          Plus I removed the video as I was going to update but after checking the stats not worth it , so took it all down and enjoying what I made

          So before you sprout off at something you know nothing about I would stick to blogging

          Jason
          Why would you assume I know nothing about it? Anyway, I'm not going to trade insults back and forth with you, but if you'd like to have an adult discussion about this, then I'm happy to do that. Also, I don't think anybody called it a scam. I think a lot of people were just amazed at the kind of numbers you would have to put up to achieve that.

          All I'm saying is that if you took the time to make the video and post it to YouTube then taking it down at any point makes absolutely no sense.

          First of all, the fad is still going strong and it's still in it's early stages, so there is still plenty of money to be made from it. These things are still absolutely HUGE all over the world.

          Second, even when a fad cools down, there will still be interest in that product for months and maybe even years to come. Leaving the video up on YouTube doesn't cost you anything. Even if you only made 1 sale a month from it it would still be well worth it to leave the video there. Whether it's $2 or $20,000, it doesn't cost you a dime to leave the video up on YouTube, so why leave that money on the table?

          I honestly don't think I've ever heard of anyone putting in their time to make a video that makes 10K in a few weeks and then just taking it down. On top of that you made a squeeze page and created a guide. Maybe I am just an idiot who should "stick to blogging" because that logic just doesn't compute with me.

          Following your logic, this would mean:

          1. Buy a domain
          2. Make a video
          3. Create a guide/lead magnet
          4. Set up a squeeze page
          5. Leave it up for a month or so
          6. Take everything down

          Why would anyone do this? It's like wasting all of your hard work, even if it did make you money for a few weeks.

          Furthermore, to make $10,000 in any way, shape or form selling these things (even if you were somehow achieving a 100% ROI) in just "a few weeks" is quite an amazing feat, especially if, as you stated, you were promoting them as an affiliate. The price point on most fidget spinners is quite low, usually less than $10. Unless, of course, you were promoting some that were 24K gold and encrusted with diamonds. Even then, if you were promoting from Amazon, the commission rate is what? 5%? 6% maybe?

          Let's do a little bit of a breakdown. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that every fidget spinner bought through your affiliate link was bought for $20. I'll also bump up the commission rate to 7%. That means you made $1.40 commission per sale. So let's do the math:

          Commissions: $10,000

          Average commission per sale: $1.40

          # of units sold to achieve $10,000 in commissions = 7,143

          So you are claiming that from your YouTube video and squeeze page setup, you were able to sell 7,143 fidget spinners in 3-4 weeks? And again, bear in mind I'm being overly generous with the figures. I don't promote Amazon, so I'm not sure of the commission rate, but I understand it's around 4-5% for lower priced products. I also allotted $20 per fidget spinner (or finger spinner), and I know most of them sell for a lot less than that.

          7000+ fidget spinners; sorry, finger spinners sold in a few weeks...

          Well, I guess I have to give you credit then. That's simply amazing. I don't know how you were marketing that video/squeeze page, but it must be a truly incredible marketing method. I'd imagine you could make a ton of money simply teaching folks how to do that. Of course, you will probably want to keep that a secret. I know I would.

          Surely you wouldn't mind showing us a screen shot from your Amazon account?

          I would just love to be able to duplicate that kind of success.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118730].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
            Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

            Why would you assume I know nothing about it? Anyway, I'm not going to trade insults back and forth with you, but if you'd like to have an adult discussion about this, then I'm happy to do that. Also, I don't think anybody called it a scam. I think a lot of people were just amazed at the kind of numbers you would have to put up to achieve that.

            All I'm saying is that if you took the time to make the video and post it to YouTube then taking it down at any point makes absolutely no sense.

            First of all, the fad is still going strong and it's still in it's early stages, so there is still plenty of money to be made from it. These things are still absolutely HUGE all over the world.

            Second, even when a fad cools down, there will still be interest in that product for months and maybe even years to come. Leaving the video up on YouTube doesn't cost you anything. Even if you only made 1 sale a month from it it would still be well worth it to leave the video there. Whether it's $2 or $20,000, it doesn't cost you a dime to leave the video up on YouTube, so why leave that money on the table?

            I honestly don't think I've ever heard of anyone putting in their time to make a video that makes 10K in a few weeks and then just taking it down. On top of that you made a squeeze page and created a guide. Maybe I am just an idiot who should "stick to blogging" because that logic just doesn't compute with me.

            Following your logic, this would mean:

            1. Buy a domain
            2. Make a video
            3. Create a guide/lead magnet
            4. Set up a squeeze page
            5. Leave it up for a month or so
            6. Take everything down

            Why would anyone do this? It's like wasting all of your hard work, even if it did make you money for a few weeks.

            Furthermore, to make $10,000 in any way, shape or form selling these things (even if you were somehow achieving a 100% ROI) in just "a few weeks" is quite an amazing feat, especially if, as you stated, you were promoting them as an affiliate. The price point on most fidget spinners is quite low, usually less than $10. Unless, of course, you were promoting some that were 24K gold and encrusted with diamonds. Even then, if you were promoting from Amazon, the commission rate is what? 5%? 6% maybe?

            Let's do a little bit of a breakdown. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that every fidget spinner bought through your affiliate link was bought for $20. I'll also bump up the commission rate to 7%. That means you made $1.40 commission per sale. So let's do the math:

            Commissions: $10,000

            Average commission per sale: $1.40

            # of units sold to achieve $10,000 in commissions = 7,143

            So you are claiming that from your YouTube video and squeeze page setup, you were able to sell 7,143 fidget spinners in 3-4 weeks? And again, bear in mind I'm being overly generous with the figures. I don't promote Amazon, so I'm not sure of the commission rate, but I understand it's around 4-5% for lower priced products. I also allotted $20 per fidget spinner (or finger spinner), and I know most of them sell for a lot less than that.

            7000+ fidget spinners; sorry, finger spinners sold in a few weeks...

            Well, I guess I have to give you credit then. That's simply amazing. I don't know how you were marketing that video/squeeze page, but it must be a truly incredible marketing method. I'd imagine you could make a ton of money simply teaching folks how to do that. Of course, you will probably want to keep that a secret. I know I would.

            Surely you wouldn't mind showing us a screen shot from your Amazon account?

            I would just love to be able to duplicate that kind of success.
            OK for starters we do not have Amazon here is Australia yet , my contact in China made them there was no squeeze page just a sales page and the video was of his daughter playing with the finger spinner
            ( was copying some text from my 2000 thread trying to cut corner to post and did not realize that some of the info was not right have fixed that thanks for bringing that to my attention)

            So a person ( prob the Mum or Dad ) buys spinner and gets shipped to their home address and my friend would post them from China they were sold in packs of 3 for $20AUD we sold just over 500 units

            As of 1 week ago the schools have been cracking down on them and parents as well so the sales dried up and the current affair shows started bagging them as a distraction so I move on to better idea to wit i am working on at 3 am in the morning

            Jason
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118739].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author quadagon
              Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

              my friend would post them from China they were sold in packs of 3 for $20AUD we sold just over 500 units
              I mentioned in another thread that trends aren't for me but I know people who do really well with them.

              Out of interest how did the guy in China benefit from this if you made all of the $10,000?
              Signature
              I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118764].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
                Originally Posted by quadagon View Post

                I mentioned in another thread that trends aren't for me but I know people who do really well with them.

                Out of interest how did the guy in China benefit from this if you made all of the $10,000?
                He owed me for some video work I did for him and he was the one to put me onto them so we worked out a deal

                Jason
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118770].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author gnojham
              Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

              there was no squeeze page just a sales page
              Original post said squeeze page. Interesting.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118773].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
              Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

              OK for starters we do not have Amazon here is Australia yet , my contact in China made them there was no squeeze page just a sales page and the video was of his daughter playing with the finger spinner
              ( was copying some text from my 2000 thread trying to cut corner to post and did not realize that some of the info was not right have fixed that thanks for bringing that to my attention)

              So a person ( prob the Mum or Dad ) buys spinner and gets shipped to their home address and my friend would post them from China they were sold in packs of 3 for $20AUD we sold just over 500 units

              As of 1 week ago the schools have been cracking down on them and parents as well so the sales dried up and the current affair shows started bagging them as a distraction so I move on to better idea to wit i am working on at 3 am in the morning

              Jason
              Hmmm...

              Sounds plausible. Might even work, if you were able to get thousands upon thousands of visitors to that "sales" page you put up.

              EXCEPT, you lied again.

              Here is your original post:


              Notice where it clearly says the OP set up a "squeeze" page.


              Here is post #39, which the OP made in response to my post (#38):


              Notice how now the OP claims there was no "squeeze" page. Now the OP claims it was a "sales" page. The post depicted above was made at 12:13 pm today, June 14.



              And finally, here is the original post (#1), which just so happens to be edited at 12:15 pm today, just 2 minutes after the OP made post #39. The OP immediately realized his error, and edited the original post to say "sales" page instead of "squeeze" page. You will notice the underlined text at the bottom of the image which clearly shows that the OP edited the original post to correspond with post #39.

              You know, I just think this is sad.

              To the OP: WHY do you want to do things like this?

              It doesn't help anybody. It just raises hopes and could even cause people to waste money.

              It's completely FALSE.

              Look, I'm not the "WF Police" or anything like that, and I think we are all guilty of exaggerating from time to time, but this here is a bold-faced lie.

              And what's even harder to understand is that the OP is obviously not doing it to promote his sig link, since his sig link leads right back to this thread.

              I'm stumped...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118804].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author nblake58
                [DELETED]
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118825].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
                  Originally Posted by nblake58 View Post

                  It's just another example of "fake it 'cos you ain't going to make it"
                  They get more bizare each time Lol.
                  People also forget that there are tools that allow you to go back and look at cached pages. Just because somebody edits something doesn't mean that the original is gone from the internet.

                  People need to realize that once you put something on the internet, it's THERE FOR GOOD.

                  Here's the tool I used to bring up the original. Great tool if you ever want to check information to see if something has "mysteriously" changed.

                  Google Cached Pages of Any Website - CachedView
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118837].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
              Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

              ( was copying some text from my 2000 thread trying to cut corner to post and did not realize that some of the info was not right have fixed that thanks for bringing that to my attention)
              So is this your excuse for why you suddenly changed your original post from "squeeze page" to "sales page" then?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118878].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        Exactly what I'm wondering, considering the fact that I have been writing about them on SteemIt and am getting comments from people all the time who still have no idea what they are.

        The fact is they have yet to reach their height in popularity and there is still plenty of room to profit from the fad.

        Then you take into consideration that the OP didn't even know they were called "fidget spinners," and not "finger spinners" and I think what you have here is a very tall tale.

        In other words, I don't believe a word of it.

        Who the hell takes down a video that ranks #1 for a huge keyword, no matter how long it's been up? NOBODY with any sense, that's for sure.

        And you wonder why so many people are suspicious of Internet Marketers...
        Not everybody lives in the USA mate and name change for movies and products , but I guess you know that right?

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Nice Jayse. Yeah hit and run. Like the Covefefe a few weeks ago. It was another decent one for a few short days.


    Many make more than a living doing this. Hone in on 'Google Trends' to find potential candidates.

    P.S. Jason, if you don't mind me asking when you made that video did you buy any paid traffic or what was the main "ingredient" that you got folks to check it out ?? Did YT just naturally rank it high right after you made it because the item was so hot ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Nice Jayse. Yeah hit and run. Like the Covefefe a few weeks ago. It was another decent one for a few short days.


      Many make more than a living doing this. Hone in on 'Google Trends' to find potential candidates.

      P.S. Jason, if you don't mind me asking when you made that video did you buy any paid traffic or what was the main "ingredient" that you got folks to check it out ?? Did YT just naturally rank it high right after you made it because the item was so hot ?
      Rob

      I just put it up and let it go slow so after it had a quite a few views it rank quite high but the traffic dies off not worth it so just moved on

      Mate will PM tomorrow have some questions
      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author millionaireG3
    Moral of story:-Sticking to what you want to achive can bring success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Virtualghost
      Yeah these are all over my area usually sell for $7.99-$8.99 in stores good mark up as seen where can get lots of 20 for $11.00.And I know retail locally was a buyer for a bunch of stores in tourism district they usually double their price and add a $1.00 so I'm guessing they are buying from distributor for $3-$3.50 each.Just a little history these were originally invented for Autistic children.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anayb
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Originally Posted by anayb View Post

      So, basically you're a spammer, right?
      Nah he just started the thread to promote his signature. Just a common thing around here lately.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11116266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    Nothing this guy says makes sense.
    Who takes a video down to update it? You update a copy and replace the existing. At no time should there be an empty space where a video once was.

    Plus, he says he checked stats and decided to kill the site, then later he says he took the video down to update it and only then noticed the traffic drop so decided to kill the site.

    Edited so post doesn't get deleted
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Nothing this guy says makes sense.
      Who takes a video down to update it? You update a copy and replace the existing. At no time should there be an empty space where a video once was.

      Plus, he says he checked stats and decided to kill the site, then later he says he took the video down to update it and only then noticed the traffic drop so decided to kill the site.

      Edited so post doesn't get deleted
      This is impossible on Youtube. You simply can't "replace" a video. You can change a video that's embedded on your own webpages.
      Signature
      Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
      Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118510].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gnojham
        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

        This is impossible on Youtube. You simply can't "replace" a video. You can change a video that's embedded on your own webpages.
        Ok, so why would you remove it before the next vid is ready.
        I have a video up that helps me sell stuff, i want to update it. I take it down and work on a new vid? Wouldn't I make the new vid and upload it then take the old vid down?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118516].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kurt
          Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

          Ok, so why would you remove it before the next vid is ready.
          I have a video up that helps me sell stuff, i want to update it. I take it down and work on a new vid? Wouldn't I make the new vid and upload it then take the old vid down?
          I didn't say it should be removed. I just said it can't be replaced.

          You can modify the video as you said, but when you re-upload it, it will have a different URL and you can't directly "replace" it on YT. Whether you should take down the original video or not would depend on how much it was changed. Personally, I would change it and improve it enough to justify it being uploaded again, then I'd leave the first video up and add a card and a note in the description for them to view the updated version.
          Signature
          Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
          Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118525].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author gnojham
            Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

            I didn't say it should be removed. I just said it can't be replaced.

            You can modify the video as you said, but when you re-upload it, it will have a different URL and you can't directly "replace" it on YT. Whether you should take down the original video or not would depend on how much it was changed. Personally, I would change it and improve it enough to justify it being uploaded again, then I'd leave the first video up and add a card and a note in the description for them to view the updated version.
            OK, so we are saying the same thing. Cool.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Nothing this guy says makes sense.
      Who takes a video down to update it? You update a copy and replace the existing. At no time should there be an empty space where a video once was.

      Plus, he says he checked stats and decided to kill the site, then later he says he took the video down to update it and only then noticed the traffic drop so decided to kill the site.

      Edited so post doesn't get deleted
      Gnojham

      I did the site as I am working on something else and the amount of crap in the media about how bad they were and that parents and teachers were confiscating them just was not worth it as this was only for my country

      I just do short 5-7 days suites me fine just a hobby now

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    The thread was resurrected from the dead ? Thought they took it down ??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118576].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      The thread was resurrected from the dead ? Thought they took it down ??
      Rob

      They did but it was from idiots clamming this was a scam and I was signature spamming lol ! it goes to this thread

      So had a chat on the phone and now it is back though some just don't get it and Was only trying to show some new ways to make a buck and some like to hijack threads because they don't get so it must be a scam

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118583].message }}
  • All I know is, las' time anyone sat on my finger I got 2 fingers back.

    Point about the spinners is how it is gowin' noplace other than ... gotta have one.

    I tried 'em, they are fun -- but I got no compulsion to become a connoisseur.

    But I been wrong about stuff before -- like loominous lederhosen.

    This concept attracts add-ons, you got a site can reboot anytime, I guess.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      All I know is, las' time anyone sat on my finger I got 2 fingers back.

      Point about the spinners is how it is gowin' noplace other than ... gotta have one.

      I tried 'em, they are fun -- but I got no compulsion to become a connoisseur.

      But I been wrong about stuff before -- like loominous lederhosen.

      This concept attracts add-ons, you got a site can reboot anytime, I guess.
      Yep PB I agree 100% on what you have written just wish the other would

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    Selling 500 @ $20 doesn't mean you made 10k, it means you grossed 10k.

    Now you're saying the guy owed you 10k for some other stuff so he gave you the 10k that wasn't even made in the first place?
    This is getting better and better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Cleverness made you 10K. Finger Thingies are inanimate objects LOL. Had to share. Good for you! Enjoy Bali; been there 5 times, love it more every time.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    Maybe someone should send POTUS a good finger spinner.

    It might be an excellent alternative to Tweeting.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    If the teacher hassles you... just tell her you are an autistic kid and this helps you avoid a MELTDOWN...

    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round I really love to watch them roll. - John Lennon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    He had already stated he made a typo because he was copying and pasting from some other post he made.
    Sounds believable
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gnojham
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Sounds believable
      This was sarcasm btw
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      He had already stated he made a typo because he was copying and pasting from some other post he made.
      Sounds believable
      You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

      I guess it's also a coincidence that he edited the original post just two minutes after he decided to change his story from "squeeze page" to "sales page?"

      The post was unedited until right after I called him out on it. You don't find that to be just a little suspicious?

      Look, I don't know the guy at all, and I have no personal vendetta against him whatsoever, but COME ON.

      NONE of this makes ANY sense.

      He's got an excuse for every single hole in his story.

      It's an obvious lie.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Reed Floren
    I highly doubt this story as well...

    1. If you are going to make a claim like that why not show some proof? Traffic stats, Sales, would go a lot further with people as this really sounds like you are blowing smoke.

    2. Why would you remove something that made $10K in a few weeks? The only reason I can think of is it's BS or you were legally required to.

    3. Instead of a doing a post bragging about it... why not flip the site? or create an information product on how you did it? Or go one step further and also flip the site that sold the info product? LOL
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Reed Floren View Post

      I highly doubt this story as well...

      1. If you are going to make a claim like that why not show some proof? Traffic stats, Sales, would go a lot further with people as this really sounds like you are blowing smoke.

      2. Why would you remove something that made $10K in a few weeks? The only reason I can think of is it's BS or you were legally required to.

      3. Instead of a doing a post bragging about it... why not flip the site? or create an information product on how you did it? Or go one step further and also flip the site that sold the info product? LOL
      Answers:

      1. Because there is no proof.

      2. Because it was never there to begin with.

      3. Because there was no site, and the whole story was BS. Of course, that doesn't stop some people from creating an info product about it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    Whoever is deleting my posts, you're deleting the wrong persons posts...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118916].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by gnojham View Post

      Whoever is deleting my posts, you're deleting the wrong persons posts...
      There have been several deleted. I'm actually wondering why this thread is even still here.

      It was deleted by the mods once, and that was certainly the right decision.

      Somehow it reappeared, and then the OP dug himself even further into a hole.

      I outlined the entire lie in post #48, and yet that's still not enough to convince them that this entire thread is a fiction created by the OP.

      I'm still trying to figure out why the OP fabricated the story in the first place. It doesn't seem to be for sig link exposure. Maybe it's just an ego thing? Kind of like a "look what I can do" type of thing maybe?

      I really don't know. One thing I'm completely sure of, though, is that there isn't a single stitch of truth to the entire fable.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11119134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjsparacino123
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11119164].message }}

Trending Topics