How I use this point system to make myself don't give up

9 replies
Hi,

just a quick share here for those who struggling to stay persistence or always give up half way before result comes to you. Please note this may not for everyone, but it works for me.

I use point system to make myself stay commit to my plans and goals. Here is what I do.

Let's say you need 100 points to start earn online income from a product, and every time you market (can be video marketing, forum marketing, or other marketing method) to that product you gain +1 point. So every time I did some marketing/promoting I know I am one step closer to the income.If I reach until 100 points and no income, then I will start to do some review on my marketing strategy. Of course in between from 1-100 I will adjust strategies according.

I hope this points system may help you to look forward something and be persistent until you success and see result.

Leo
#give #give up #make #persistent #point #result #success #system #tips and guide
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by newbieleoling View Post

    Hi,

    just a quick share here for those who struggling to stay persistence or always give up half way before result comes to you. Please note this may not for everyone, but it works for me.

    I use point system to make myself stay commit to my plans and goals. Here is what I do.

    Let's say you need 100 points to start earn online income from a product, and every time you market (can be video marketing, forum marketing, or other marketing method) to that product you gain +1 point. So every time I did some marketing/promoting I know I am one step closer to the income.If I reach until 100 points and no income, then I will start to do some review on my marketing strategy. Of course in between from 1-100 I will adjust strategies according.

    I hope this points system may help you to look forward something and be persistent until you success and see result.

    Leo
    Really? Wouldn't it be better if you gave yourself rewards for actual accomplishment? For RESULTS? Sorry, this is probably the silliest thing I've read about motivation and staying with something.

    Much better than points are REASONS, what got you started and what is the end goal? It was Earl Nightengale who said, "Motivation comes from the anticipation of achieving a worthy goal"...

    IF anyone is quitting, they need to go back and figure out why they even started.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I drink a shot of whisky for each point.

    I've lost count.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135735].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I drink a shot of whisky for each point.

      I've lost count.
      I feel the person who posted this , wrote some crap over the weekend it was posted but i deleted it about 10 mins ago

      If this stays up it is going to get skewed by the OT gang

      Jason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrianne_
    Ok warriors. Let's think about this for a minute. How is doing whatever
    you gotta do to be consistent, a load of crap? There's a reason why
    the percentage of successful IM'er is only around 2%. Don't you think
    a lack of consistent effort rank pretty high in the failure rate?

    Sure, having a strong why is important but sometimes that's just not
    enough to push you through those tough times when you're not getting
    any results. You have to have some type of plan to keep you on track,
    and moving forward regularly. If a point system does the trick, then
    more power to ya.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    There's the basis for a good system here for those folks who lose track of the forest for looking at the trees.

    Use the point system to lay out a series of specific "trees" to look at. Then, as Gordon points out, assign a reward for reaching your points.

    You see the system in use every day.

    > Follow your diet for six days, then reward yourself with a "cheat day", where you enjoy a treat outside of your regimen.

    > Do your workout, then reward yourself with a smoothie or something from the juice bar.

    > Finish a project, and reward yourself with a little Netflix time.

    > Even the 12-step programs award medals for a year, two years, etc. of sticking with the program. I've know people who have avoided binges for fear of not getting their medal.

    And don't discount the value of awards. Napoleon once noted that men will lay down their lives for a bit of shiny ribbon pinned to their coats in front of their peers.


    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    I drink a shot of whisky for each point.

    I've lost count.
    And we can usually tell...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I drink a shot of whisky for each point.

      I've lost count.


      And we can usually tell...


      I don't get no respect! - Rodney Dangerfield
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11136294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    No offense newbieleoling.

    I think the only thing that matters to most people is pain & pleasure.

    If failing will mean more pain for you than 'the work' it takes to let yourself succeed, then you can pull through.

    But if you are like most people, then it may feel less painful to just 'settle' with what ever lifestyle they have.

    All human beings seek pleasure and AVOID Pain.
    Signature
    ==>>Here's My # 1 Recommended Affiliate Marketing System
    Low Cost Start Up | Full Training | Powerful System | High Profit Potential
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11135978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newbieleoling
    It's ok, I am used to critic and it happened everywhere lol... Feel free to comment your thought, it can be good or bad. Appreciate it or not doesn't matter, if my sharing can help at least few people then I am happy with it.

    By the way, those who are smarter than smart will see more things in this point system which I think someone did. lol...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11136483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
      Don't worry about any criticism. I use a similar system for some of the most important things in my life. It's kind of a checklist and a reminder all in one.

      Different people may measure different things.

      I think if you do enough of the tasks that need to get done (in the right way, right order, adjusting as needed etc.) that the results will turn into accomplishments. Without doing those tasks (earning the points), though, the accomplishments never come.

      Mark

      Originally Posted by newbieleoling View Post

      It's ok, I am used to critic and it happened everywhere lol... Feel free to comment your thought, it can be good or bad. Appreciate it or not doesn't matter, if my sharing can help at least few people then I am happy with it.

      By the way, those who are smarter than smart will see more things in this point system which I think someone did. lol...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11136527].message }}

Trending Topics