Is a 5 figure per month "Set and Forget" website possible in 2017? (4 Hour Work Week Anyone?)

69 replies
Social Media is not part of my plan. I hate it. Ive been messing around on it for almost 15 years, and it annoys me now.

Also, I don't want to mess around with email lists particularly. (I know, I know, Listbuilding is king)

I will have one, but it will not be to sell anything. The purpose of the website would be to present all options to the consumer, and then let them decide which is best for them from the information. I will not be "selling" I will be "informing"

Here is my plan-
-The website would be information leading to affiliate sign ups, as well as a directory of sorts
-Reviews with SEO optimized content to bring targeted leads
-Minimal Upkeep After Initial Launch

Just wondering if you still think this type of website is possible?

My goal is a 5 figure per month website, with No Emails, Social Media, or any other repetitive task that brings in sales.

You can be as detailed, or as non-specific as you like in your answer.

I've been studying SEO for almost 2 years now, and I think I'm ready to tackle my second site. (Or first REAL one, is more realistic)

Just looking for some feedback from some fellow warriors who have created a 5 figure a month niche website before.

Thanks guys, any input is appreciated!
#2017 #figure #hour #month #set and forget #website #week #work
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I don't think it's realistic.

    When you try and set and forget it too many things can go wrong. Also social media and list building are very important for anything long term these days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      Thanks for the response!

      Looks like I'll just have to sub social media out then if it takes off..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    It can be done but it all depends on what products/services you promote.
    A high end product only needs a few sales to achieve your goal. If it's a
    run of the mill niche that everybody else is doing then it will be difficult.
    If you don't want to do social or e-mail marketing that is fine but your
    traffic has to come from somewhere and SEO keeps changing making
    it impractical to rely upon just that. I am certainly not trying to discourage
    you because you can achieve your goal over time with diligent effort and
    realistic expectations. Work your plan and be sure to offer lots of quality
    content. That is so important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
    This mentality worked in 2008. Now, you're competing against hundreds and thousands of incredibly talented people in just about every niche. The only way it works is if you somehow create a viral hit and have a funnel in place, but the odds of this happening are so incredibly slim you'd be better off pumping gas for money.
    Signature
    FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
    Well hey, at least I'm sort of grasping things if it USED to work ha.

    Thank you for the advice!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    No. Set and forget won't work (or for very long).

    Things keep changing in the marketplace (and life).

    If you want an ongoing income...you will have to keep working for it.
    Signature
    Want to Learn How to Write Your OWN Ticket For Life?
    ==>>ThePowerHouseMarketer.Com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
    I had moreso meant "set and forget" as in- update once a month with a new short but targeted 1,000-2,000 word article.

    I suppose I'm trying to be as efficient as possible. If I can do It once myself, I can scale with a couple of writers and a graphic designer and hunt keywords for a living- I assure you i'm not looking for the easy approach.

    Shelf life is probably 6 months at most, unless I go viral?

    Is that a fair general consensus so far?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    It's just not realistic.

    If you want to make $10K per month and work 4 hours per week.

    You need to figure out how to make $10K per month consistently regardless of the time commitment. Then automate everything that can be automated or makes financial sense to automate. Hire VA(s) and train them to do the work that you can't automate.

    Eventually, you should just be able to oversee the operation and get to your 4 hour work week.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    17+ Years Exp . . . . . .. . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
    Well.

    My current plan is this-

    I've got about 12k words of 100% original, optimized content split up into a nicely organized website. I plan on getting closer to 18-20k words, or about 15 pages, before I put it up. This way I can come out of the gate with a nice internal link structure, and link out to great resources.

    EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, will be SEO optimized with over 40 underexploited and crazy high paying keywords in the same niche. (According to Google Keyword Planner)

    As soon as I launch, I want to instantly be better than my competitor. At MINIMUM same level.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11162747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DRP
      Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

      Just wondering if you still think this type of website is possible? My goal is a 5 figure per month website, with No Emails, Social Media, or any other repetitive task that brings in sales
      LOL if you want "beer money", sure. But any significant income? Not at all! You can make some money selling this kind of dream though! That's how you typically make money online - by selling dreams.

      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Also social media and list building are very important for anything long term these days.
      That's not true. It largely depends on the company and industry. I work with a lot of financial clients and social media is largely useless. Social media is supposed to be fun and engaging. Most companies don't have a need for SMM and they suck at it anyway...just more useless noise.

      Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

      This mentality worked in 2008. Now, you're competing against hundreds and thousands of incredibly talented people in just about every niche. The only way it works is if you somehow create a viral hit and have a funnel in place, but the odds of this happening are so incredibly slim you'd be better off pumping gas for money.
      Good point. Although I wonder if the period between 2000-2008, really were the golden years...or if it was just as impractical then as it is now.

      Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

      Well.

      My current plan is this-

      I've got about 12k words of 100% original, optimized content split up into a nicely organized website. I plan on getting closer to 18-20k words, or about 15 pages, before I put it up. This way I can come out of the gate with a nice internal link structure, and link out to great resources.

      EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, will be SEO optimized with over 40 underexploited and crazy high paying keywords in the same niche. (According to Google Keyword Planner)

      As soon as I launch, I want to instantly be better than my competitor. At MINIMUM same level.
      What do you mean when you say everything will be SEO optimized (redundant btw)? It also seems like you don't understand how to use the Keyword Planning tool.

      Regardless, your plan will likely cause you to have a net loss. If you manage to make any money, it will be "beer money" that is not significant at all...like 99.9% of the "businesses" here.

      You are reinforcing the idea (to me) that I should get back into the business of selling dreams. There's some money to be made there...and with the current administration here in the U.S. it's prime time for the dream selling industry!
      Signature
      That which is asserted without evidence will be dismissed without evidence.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166473].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
        Hey DRP, thanks for chiming in.

        What do you mean when you say everything will be SEO optimized (redundant btw)?
        Can you please clarify the redundancy?

        When I say SEO optimized, I mean

        -Completely Original Images/Infographics (Full Descriptions, alt tags/text etc )
        -Yoast Plugin lets me write meta descriptions for everything- tags, categories, you name it.
        -Good link structure (outbound/internal)
        -Keywords have low competition and naturally can be internally linked to each other
        -LSI keywords sprinkled throughout
        -Cheap tricks like Teaser Titles and using (2017) in the title I think will launch me up immediately

        Plus I think my content is easily digested and will have a good time on page/bounce rate.

        I use Google Keyword Planner in conjunction with Moz Keyword Difficulty tool. Everything looks stellar. In fact, Moz says my target keyword should be 100% priority, however much water that holds.

        The #1 AND #2 spots are owned by the same site, and DA is in the 30's.

        Admittedly this is my first site where I am doing "Presearch" before launching. Any other things to check would be greatly appreciated.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166483].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by DRP View Post


        and with the current administration here in the U.S. it's prime time for the dream selling industry!
        or the nuclear proof bomb shelter industry.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11168267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Motley
    Set and forget isn't really a good idea. A stream of revenue from a website is like a garden. If you want it to produce, you have to pay attention to it because the environment is constantly changing.

    Even the best product/site requires tending, tweaking, adjustments. You might get moderate income out of it at first...but generally you'll see that income stream start dwindling after a while because you're not keeping things in order
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author n3o
    you can outsource your task
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    You do not have to be better than competition and evergreen niches rarely need updated.

    I know both these things from years of experience.

    You need to serve a purpose, people will pay you for that and be happy as long as the content/product is decent.

    Look at gardening, growing plants hasn't changed since the 1950s, here it is 2017 and people are still paying for that content (how to grow plants, etc...). That's an evergreen niche, rarely needs updated. BTW, DIY gardening is a multi-billion dollar industry, so there's money to be made in evergreen niches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      Yukon, I'm almost positive you helped me out when I started on this forum a year ago. Thank you for the wealth of information friend.

      I like the idea of that... "Evergreen Niche"

      Which, in fact, my new website can definitely be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      You do not have to be better than competition and evergreen niches rarely need updated.
      When you have put in the work to establish them....not daydreamed that you can work four hours a week and make five figures. Plus since we are talking SEO traffic it doesn't matter squat that the niche is evergreen. If you are not ranking theres still no traffic to speak of.

      The premise of the OP is drop dead stupid for ANY KIND OF BUSINESS online or offline. Its a formula for losing that you start any business trying to put in the least you can.

      This mentality worked in 2008.
      The failure rate for IM like that has been over 80% for well over a decade so in 2008 it still failed for most and frankly almost every time you looked close at the winnners they were putting in waaaay more hours and effort than they were calculating in their success equation.

      People keep blaming WSO sellers for selling crappy get rich quick sitting on your couch "products'; but its this lazy silly - I wanna get rich doing nothing that distinguishes me - mentality from the BUYERS that keeps the market full of crap.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163961].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
        Come on, Mike.

        Drop dead stupid?

        People keep saying I'm trying to be lazy...

        I'm talking 100's of hours on the front end before launch creating content.

        The niche is based toward people's wants, not needs.

        I will feel a small amount of moral satisfaction for creating the site, because it WILL help a targeted audience.

        However, this will not help make the world a better place, and I feel I can offer the world more than this (on paper) "profitable niche".

        Due to family issues, I just need to bank some good dough now, not later. I'm trying to be efficient, not lazy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163967].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

          Come on, Mike.

          Drop dead stupid?
          Yep. Stand by it...The internet is not filled with fairy dust. What would you say if you heard someone was looking for a 6 figure annual salary job where you work only four hours a week?

          Stupid

          What would you say if someone wanted to open a store and make 6 figures a year in profit attending to it only four hours a week?

          Stupid.

          yet people have this idea that because its the internet reality changes. If you were one of the first people or businesses online perhaps but the net is mainstream now and competition is everywhere.


          People keep saying I'm trying to be lazy...
          I can't say that with any certainty which is why i said the PREMISE is lazy. There no doubt about that.


          Due to family issues, I just need to bank some good dough now, not later. I'm trying to be efficient, not lazy.
          its not efficient. the idea you will drop 15 pages of content and so you will rank is not a strategy to rely on for you or your family. I say this as an SEO guy - SEO is NOT a strategy for really quick money. The one other SEO guy in this thread (yukon) has given you some hope but he has been at this for YEARS and I doubt even he will tell you you will dominate fast for "dough now".

          I know its not what you want to hear but if your family really is in need right now telling you to chase unicorns is far more impolite.

          In fact what you are ruling out because of personal preference is far more likely to bring quick cash - social and social PPC.

          Seo is being squeezed by ads above the fold with Google and with limited mobile space (with the fact that more searches now take place on mobile than desktop). To be honest the SEO gravvy train is almost over and already over in some niches where even ranking organic number one will get you real position 8 (after all the ads and other stuff above it).
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163988].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
            Mike,

            I can't decide if you're trolling, but either way thank you for extending the life of this thread.

            I'll keep "chasing unicorns" because its proven they exist. (I.E. websites that make good money with minimal upkeep)

            I'm not afraid to fail, I'm pretty good at it now actually.

            Its just fine if you think it has to be a grind, I just happen to think it doesn't have to be.

            Especially with the encouraging words from other warriors.

            Mind you, the original question was "is it possible."
            Not "how likely."

            It doesnt appear you have ever succeeded with this strategy or way of thinking, but thank you for your opinion Mike!

            Best of luck to you
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164011].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

              Mike,

              I can't decide if you're trolling,
              yes like I said...Get rich quick schemes drive the market because of buyers who love to chase unicorns so of course to them common sense is trolling.

              but either way thank you for extending the life of this thread.
              You're welcome. I don't mind extending threads by showing people the number one reason people fail at IM.


              I'll keep "chasing unicorns" because its proven they exist. (I.E. websites that make good money with minimal upkeep)
              you have proven no such thing. Lets review for the class

              A) you want "dough now"
              B) you don't want to build a list
              C) you don't want to have social traffic in your plan
              D) you want to work four hours a week
              E) your entire SEO plan stated is you are going to put up 15 pages of content.

              Rofl......and I am trolling while you are executing a great business plan. Yep..welcome to WF.

              Especially with the encouraging words from other warriors.
              Well in addition to not keeping up with SEO you sure have not read this forum very well either. There is rarely any idea on WF that you will not find some warriors encouraging.....still....I like guaranteed money for easy work too soo I'll be happy to put down a few hundred that 6 months from now you will still be floundering under your existing "plan"-

              Thats a set and forget plan I can believe in
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164327].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

          The niche is based toward people's wants, not needs.
          We live in a fickle society in which people's whims and wants are forever changing. No way to build a business there unless you are interested in constantly attempting to procure new entrants into your niche. An endless struggle that you don't seem to want to invest the time or energy, in.

          If you concentrate on what all people need, and provide a better mousetrap, people will beat a path yo your door and success will be much easier to achieve.

          Thank you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164345].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        When you have put in the work to establish them....not daydreamed that you can work four hours a week and make five figures. Plus since we are talking SEO traffic it doesn't matter squat that the niche is evergreen. If you are not ranking theres still no traffic to speak of.

        The premise of the OP is drop dead stupid for ANY KIND OF BUSINESS online or offline. Its a formula for losing that you start any business trying to put in the least you can.


        OP asked if it was possible, yes, it's very much possible.

        Whether OP does the upfront work is his problem, not mine or even yours.

        I have no idea what niche OP is targeting but to show you an example of how evergreen niches can be automated after the upfront work is done... I know a guy (seriously) who built a professional looking site that's full of public domain content that will never change. It's not supposed to change, it's historical data but it's in an extremely profitable niche. The site has a few thousand pages indexed. The site is about 3 years old now. It's one of those sites that has thousands of organic links (think webmd). He ranks for some decent keywords, doesn't build backlinks and no longer updates the site manually but new pages are automatically created as new public domain content is produced by his regulated source.

        My point is, it's not as complicated as most folks think when you take a systematic approach. Example, targeting niches where traffic is always building organic links. That was one of the steps planned out before the domain was even bought.

        It's not realistic to lump all businesses into one profile.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164360].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          OP asked if it was possible, yes, it's very much possible.
          Prove it. Anyone can post a thing is possible on a forum. I have no idea whether your sites have been successful since they have never been seen by anyone here but what I do know having read you for years is that you came up with several ideas regularly to enhance your site - create downloads, content and guides, work on your SEO and onpage and regularly tested things. You didn't forget those sites until years had passed. thats my point and unless you have been lying over the years your posts prove my point -

          People who claim success with set and forget often ignore all the work they actually did that was not set and forget.

          Whether OP does the upfront work is his problem, not mine or even yours.
          As long as this a forum for discussion we are free to discuss problems and solutions with any premise posted. If it isn't then close up shop.

          but to show you an example of how evergreen niches can be automated after the upfront work is done
          You continue to miss the point. Has nothing to do with evergreen niches. Just because you have an evergreen niche site does that mean it ranks automatically? The OPs plan is SEO based. If he doesn't rank he doesn't get traffic - evergreen or not.

          No one is claiming that a business cannot get to a point where it coasts making money. EVERY BUSINESS can reach that point but its not a set and forget business. It requires the work upfront and ongoing for some time until it gets to that point. What we have with this OP is someone who has stated he needs "dough now", listed a bunch of stuff he doesn't want to do and wants to get to a set amount of income with four hours a week after he has "set" it with 15 pages of content. The only thing you rail against more than Moz is the idea that putting up long content ensures ranking so why you are encouraging him in this is beyond me.

          The site has a few thousand pages indexed. The site is about 3 years old now. It's one of those sites that has thousands of organic links (think webmd). He ranks for some decent keywords, doesn't build backlinks and no longer updates the site manually but new pages are automatically created as new public domain content is produced by his regulated source.
          Thatsnot a set and forget site Yukon. You don't get thousands of organic links without marketing and ongoing marketing. Put up the site and I'll bet good money theres evidence of his ongoing marketing on the site. Furthermore to buttress my point even more you have completely ignored the work involved in automating the addition of new content. Sounds like this guy took the time to build an app that retrieves new content in his niche. That is a LOT of work and Ongoing work to build such an app. If thats a "set and forget" site then Zuckerberg has a set and forget site in Facebook if he does no further updates to it for a year. Shucks he probably never touches code anyway himself so its set and forget there even if it does update.

          Just as I said almost every example of a set and forget site that is successful overlooks a great deal of work and time put into it that takes it out of a set and forget category.

          It's not realistic to lump all businesses into one profile.
          Strawman...No one has done any such thing in this thread.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164369].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eden A
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        When you have put in the work to establish them....not daydreamed that you can work four hours a week and make five figures. Plus since we are talking SEO traffic it doesn't matter squat that the niche is evergreen. If you are not ranking theres still no traffic to speak of.

        The premise of the OP is drop dead stupid for ANY KIND OF BUSINESS online or offline. Its a formula for losing that you start any business trying to put in the least you can.


        The failure rate for IM like that has been over 80% for well over a decade so in 2008 it still failed for most and frankly almost every time you looked close at the winnners they were putting in waaaay more hours and effort than they were calculating in their success equation.

        People keep blaming WSO sellers for selling crappy get rich quick sitting on your couch "products'; but its this lazy silly - I wanna get rich doing nothing that distinguishes me - mentality from the BUYERS that keeps the market full of crap.


        I'm with you on this 100% and well said.
        Like you said:
        with that kind of attitude you actually
        hurt yourself by thinking that everything will go well in autopilot mode.well that don't work.

        And there is no magic wand that you just give it a
        wave and pufff traffic comes,

        People buy ... no that's a fairy tale ..

        people are not
        dumb and when they see something that worth to put
        there hard earn money on they will buy. but if it's
        Garbage they will move on.. and to make it good
        you got to put some effort there and think about
        your clients and not just how do I profit from this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11168164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Banned
    Look at gardening, growing plants hasn't changed since the 1950s
    In the 1950s people were not growing plants in completely controlled indoor environments under HID lights in Hydroponic systems.

    So, bad example?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163206].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ObsidianKnight
      With the exception of the HID lights, maybe.

      Greenhouses (or growing indoors dates back to the Romans and the first known reference to hydroponics dates back to 1627 in a book Sylva Sylvarum, where the author did experiment to test the effectiveness of soil and water mediums.

      Don't assume all knowledge is new knowledge.

      To the OP:
      There is no reason you "Can't" do it. The truth is it will depend on your topic, the level of initial work, and the format of what you do.

      I recently came across a site making almost 10k per month and it is all Amazon affiliate links. Its on a topic I don't care (growing weed) for but with the exception of commenting I am pretty sure the author does not put forth a ton of effort.

      It was only basic pages, each talked about a product for that niche and could push you to the affiliate link.

      So if your site solves a need for the people who visit it and can then in some manner make you an income, then go for it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      In the 1950s people were not growing plants in completely controlled indoor environments under HID lights in Hydroponic systems.

      So, bad example?


      Really?

      Hydroponics was being done in the 1850s and any light source for growing plants other than the sun is completely optional in 2017.

      So, bad example?

      BTW, I didn't say hydroponics in my first comment, I said gardening, which doesn't have to include hydroponics. Some people (most) use dirt for growing plants in 2017. Doesn't really matter, you helped prove my point. Evergreen niches.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eden A
    To set it up and forgot about it.
    it doesn't work and it's disrespectful for clients.

    After all the customer will all ways come from the point of view
    of how does it help me? why do I need this in my life?

    So you will need to keep and update the site all the time.
    bring new articles that really give some good info.

    and if you create subs you will earn customer for life. (if the content is good)
    be this we are going back to list building. where you have a list of customer
    that you provide them with some good content.

    Hope that helps in some way.
    Eden.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    In this day and age Nathan, it seems like such an uphill battle to set it and forget it. Google,Social, heck, all over online, these sites beg me to be present, to connect and to create, to help, to serve, to practice my skills.

    There would be a sliver of a possibility for success but you'd have to leverage like Tim Ferriss too, doing the most uncomfortable things that 0.00001% of the human population do. Hell; I write 2-5 guest posts daily, publish 2 posts weekly on my blog, read and comment on hundreds of blogs weekly, create a YT live, Facebook Live, Periscope live video daily, publish a podcast, have 3000 plus posts on Warrior, 115,000 views on my Quora answers, have written and published 260 guest posts on 2 sites *alone*, contribute on Steemit, Triberr, other various blogging tribes, work Twitter and FB and G Plus and LinkedIn, and I *still* am not leveraging myself near this guy's Universe LOL.....just because, to set it and forget it, it takes a willingness to do the stuff and be the person who has their muse, and it is highly uncomfortable to enter this space.

    My suggestion? Position yourself for a bigger business, learn your craft, create and connection, get your networking hands dirty (it is fun, don't worry) and do as virtually every highly successful person does: mix leveraging and passivity with being hands on, and build a rocking business.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Nathan - I sure hope you do not let the naysayers discourage you.
    Do your thing and do not ask for permission or opinions. There are
    hundreds of formulas to online income. The fact of the matter is that
    there are ugly outdated spammy niche websites raking in money all
    day long, and so whatever you do will so much better. Your project
    will be great and I hope you will post your results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      Monetize, your kind words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

      Hey by chance would you know, Is there a way for me to affordably pay to ask other warriors to give opinions on it? I.E. post a backlink like a dirty spammer, but pay for it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163597].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Monetize
        Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

        Monetize, your kind words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

        Hey by chance would you know, Is there a way for me to affordably pay to ask other warriors to give opinions on it? I.E. post a backlink like a dirty spammer, but pay for it?

        You are very welcome.

        If I wanted other Warriors' opinions on something I would PM my trusted Warrior friends.
        I cannot imagine anyone accepting payment for their opinions here. I have not been
        posting lately so I'm not sure what's up but I hope things haven't changed so much that
        we are not helping and looking out for one another.

        As to list building - not everyone needs a list. If you are running memberships, tutorials,
        consumable or recurring products/services then it is suitable to employ an autoresponder.
        If you are pushing something that is needed right away (for example - medical testing
        equipment), your target market has searched and found your authority site and is ready
        to buy, they don't have to be sold with e-mails.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iknowvations
    Interesting thinking but it is hard to believe the " Set & Forget " mentality can help anyone to achieve big target. If you see scientifically, there is no system in the world that can give output without any input. The same thing holds true for life also. Without constant proper inputs everything is going to die.

    You need continuous efforts to sustain anything. That will work every time. But " Set & Forget " method is doubtful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xpatlifestyle
    sorry mate, no much thing as set and forgot, still looking for free lunch without work?

    i know you don't like social media, but i'm afraid these sites will stay there and will be our main connection.

    have two options for you:
    1. have another go with the social networking, try to provide values and get the network, let's connect!

    2. if you prefer those blog type of website, you have to learn about seo and do lots of work on keywork research and linking. one method is doing guest blog ... sorry ... you just went back to the social connection again.

    otherwise, you may just require a lot of capital that you can play big on paid traffic to those niche site, will it work out for you ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163588].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      xpat, ive been on facebook since I was 15, about a year after it came out.

      I grew up on memes, selfies, and throwing a peace sign for your profile picture.

      I want to vomit if I'm on FB.

      Networking on forums like this are definitely my focus now.

      And I originally asked this question, because I want capital to apply to other projects, definitely not because I'm lazy. I was more so testing the feasibility of the option, and it's definitely opened up some great talking points.

      As far as guest posting....

      lol...

      Maybe I'm using this thread as a way to vet an expert to give my already written 2,500 word guest post away to.

      I didn't optimize this thread title or anything lol. Wait... (Sarcasm Right Back)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163600].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post


        I want to vomit if I'm on FB.

        Networking on forums like this are definitely my focus now.
        You need to evaluate your approach to business. Its not about what you like or don't like. Markets don't care what you like or don't like - thats fantasy. You go where the action and customers are not what you like. Forums are dying everyday. All but a few are losing users weekly...many effectively being replaced by facebook groups. I'd be surprised if this site gets even a third of the traffic if got five years ago.

        as unrealistic as your premise is you make it even more unrealistic by ruling out a major traffic source.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163965].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
          That's a fair response.

          Admittedly, I'd call myself a "journeyman" at SEO

          End goal is to run a team, not do the leg work.

          4 Hour Work Week was mentioned as the basis for the principles im trying to apply, looking at the project as a whole.

          If it is as successful as I hope it to be, there will be plenty of capital to outsource Social Media.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harry Exper
    If you want a passive income system which you will create once then forget about it and you will still be earning 5 figure per month from it, I suggest you try referral program promotion or monthly billing product promotion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      Harry, great suggestion.

      The website is entirely geared toward referral program promotion, as well as information on businesses to AVOID in the same niche that other sites are already promoting with referrals.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omarkenawy
    I think that you can`t ignore list building while you`re making five figures a month. As you know and said "Listbuilding is king", so for long run success you need to build your email list by involving in social media like Facebook and Youtube. No way I see It`s must have option, not choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11163683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

    Lol

    Crappy sites banking money is why I became interested in SEO in the first place.

    This is a very helpful post, Thank you.
    Crappy sites banking money is one of the main reasons Google tweaks its algorithm 500 or 600 times per year. Papa G is paying millions of dollars for high end geeks (a term of affection) to make plans like yours NOT work.

    Someone mentioned that your plan might have worked in 2008. I'd go along with that if they had said 1998.

    Now, even if you do manage to rank a page on the first page of SERPs, you have a lot of clutter to cut through. You have the ads, the other organic listings, the suggested searches, the back and forward links, and even G's attempt to answer the query without leaving the result page to compete with.

    As far as email marketing goes, it is definitely possible to set up a system of automated emails that do most of the heavy lifting for you, but these take time and market savvy to set up.

    Once established, your main job is to keep attracting people into the front end (generating subscriptions). There are even ways to use leverage for this. For example, having a book available on Kindle, where you offer a bonus for getting the book (which requires an email). Put the offer early enough so it shows in the "Look Inside" and sample sections. Even if people don't buy the ebook immediately, a number will opt in to check you out. This lets you leverage Amazon's pre-existing traffic. Contrast that with trying to post enough on social media (like a FB page) to get reach or count on cutting through the clutter on a SERP page.

    Heck, once you have a handle on your numbers, you may be able to pay affiliates a commission on subscriptions (a CPA type offer).

    You may be able to build something that generates $10k with only a few hours a week, but the odds of hitting that right out of the gate are between slim and none. And slim doesn't look all that healthy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      John,

      Thank you so much for the info.

      I'm working atm but I'll go through this later more thoroughly and edit this response
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      You may be able to build something that generates $10k with only a few hours a week, but the odds of hitting that right out of the gate are between slim and none. And slim doesn't look all that healthy.
      Your best chance at that is if something of yours goes viral. The OPs "plan" is SEO which is as close to the opposite of viral as it gets.

      Most of the people who have claimed success at "set and forget" worked their tails off getting to a point of "forget". They don't include the many hours of research, link building, order fulfillment, tweaking copy or content, networking , niche research etc.

      Every successful business can coast after a long period of hard work even if by hiring someone to run it but it takes the work upfront not chasing the lazy unicorn dreams of WSOs
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      You may be able to build something that generates $10k with only a few hours a week, but the odds of hitting that right out of the gate are between slim and none. And slim doesn't look all that healthy.
      'Slim' is a long-shot. My money's on 'none!'

      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author preets
    I think there is no 'Set and Forget" business exists in the real world. But you can achieve your target by working 2 hrs per day. In my opinion you can buy an existing online business which is making approx $5000 profit per month .But you have to invest a lot of money to buy that type of business .
    Signature
    BUY HIGH QUALITY BACKLINKS | Party Supplies Singapore | Affordable SEO Services
    Wordpress Developer | Sales Page Designing | Affiliate Site Development | HTML Website |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    Your best chance at that is if something of yours goes viral. The OPs "plan" is SEO which is as close to the opposite of viral as it gets.
    Agreed. Even then, "going viral" is no guarantee of going profitable.

    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    Most of the people who have claimed success at "set and forget" worked their tails off getting to a point of "forget". They don't include the many hours of research, link building, order fulfillment, tweaking copy or content, networking , niche research etc.
    As I wrote in another thread, it is possible to send one email and make thousands of dollars seemingly out of thin air. But reaching the point where one can do that can take years of study and practice.

    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    Every successful business can coast after a long period of hard work even if by hiring someone to run it but it takes the work upfront not chasing the lazy unicorn dreams of WSOs
    Again, I don't believe I said anything to the contrary.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post


      Again, I don't believe I said anything to the contrary.
      Hey John to be clear - didn't think you were saying so. That paragraph was not directed at you.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11165242].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MValmont
        Yes it is possible, but you will have to put in way more than 4 hours per week at first...

        I make more money than 99.99% that start online marketing because I've actually put in the hours.

        Now I could live the 4 hour work week but I like what I do too much
        Signature
        Want To Make Money Online? CLICK HERE To Get My E-commerce/Shopify Step-By-Step Video Training![/URL]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11165450].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        The 'redundancy' is in the language used.

        SEO Optimized

        is

        Search Engine Optimization Optimized
        Signature

        Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166484].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
          lol makes sense

          I wonder how I say that then?

          My site is SEO.

          Is that right? haha
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166488].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

        lol makes sense

        I wonder how I say that then?

        My site is SEO.

        Is that right? haha
        How about "my site will be optimized for search engine crawling and indexing"?

        Although I have seen people use the term "SEO'd" for Search Engine Optimized.

        Worshipping spiders can get so tricky sometimes...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11167442].message }}
      • There is nothing in the World which can yield when set and forget. Not in case of real offline work neither in online world. You can achieve 5, 6, 7, or 8 figure per month with dedicated hard work, concentration and devotion.

        Personally I don't believe in 4 hours of work in a week and get any number of fixed per month. Remember hard work always pays you. Either you are working offline or online with your full dedication and efforts.

        Thanks in advance !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11169526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamie3000
    I'd say it's not possible simply because if you are willing to work 4 hours a week there will always be someone willing to work 8 in the same niche that will crush you unfortunately my friend
    Signature

    I make FREE SEO/IM Software at www.SupaGrowth.com
    PBN Hunter / Expired Tumblr Hunters / Backlink Finders and more all 100% FREE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by jamie3000 View Post

      I'd say it's not possible simply because if you are willing to work 4 hours a week there will always be someone willing to work 8 in the same niche that will crush you unfortunately my friend
      That doesn't matter. What if I can successfully accomplish in 2 hours what may take you 8 hours? We all have varying degrees of efficiency.

      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
    Alright guys.


    Here is what I've learned so far from this thread to get the BEST CHANCES of making a 5 figure website like this-

    Evergreen Niche (Information doesn't change) - Check
    Provides a sorely needed resource - Check
    Low Competition - Check
    SUPER high priced CPC - Check
    Buyers in this industry? - Big Time

    The last detail I have not yet mentioned?

    I believe my main competition is making 5 Figures a month with 4 hours of work a week (or less) already!

    I know I can do better than the #1 result.

    I guess we'll see what Google thinks, but I HAVE ranked pages before at #1, even though there was stiff competition.

    P.S.- Any "success" from a "4 hour work week" would be because I've worked my *** off laying foundational knowledge.

    All of this came from me researching for countless hours, as well as at this point 1000's of hours of "content creating" that I have done in the past.

    Someone said "Prove these websites exist."

    Well I'm looking at one right now, but its my competition, so no.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11164830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post


      Someone said "Prove these websites exist."

      Well I'm looking at one right now, but its my competition, so no.
      I'm a big boy. You can call my name because the someone is me. claims are a dime a dozen and this one is rather obviously worth a penny. Theres no way looking at a site anyone can tell how much time was spent on it or marketing it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11165235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
    I'm a big boy.
    I tried to leave it alone, but remember you said this. Try not to get too triggered.

    You can call my name because the someone is me
    I'll attempt to make sure to include your name in my points.

    Mike doesn't know how to make 5 figures a month off of 4 hours a week, because Mike thinks its a good idea to spend 10 hours a week commenting on a novices thread; telling the novice how stupid he is.

    Mike hasn't done it, so its not possible, even though Mike admitted a success rate.

    Most of the people who have claimed success at "set and forget" worked their tails off getting to a point of "forget". They don't include the many hours of research, link building, order fulfillment, tweaking copy or content, networking , niche research etc.
    Mike misses the fact that i'm literally doing everything in this last quote, as well as tailoring my business plan around the excellent advice given by different warriors from this thread. INCLUDING HIS. Even if he is a ****

    Mike feels public humiliation and demoralization is the best teaching method.

    Right back at ya, buddy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11165429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Nathan Quick View Post

      Mike doesn't know how to make 5 figures a month off of 4 hours a week
      .

      Mike has never tried because if Mike thinks he has a good business idea he can't think of one good reason why he would hamper it by seeking to limit the time he spends on it to 34 minutes a day. Its just a silly premise and my interest in rebutting it is to show where this kind of lazy - whats the least I can do approach - hampers other people reading it on WF and other places . Its one of if not the single biggest reason people fail at IM.


      Laziness wrapped with unrealistic expectations. You might as well say Mike doesn't know how to get an office job paying $100,000 a year where you work 34 minutes a day. I don't because its an unrealistic expectation to spend time on. So?

      As a premise its just nonsensical to start a business trying to model it to be a success in a set limit of half an hour a day.
      You are enraged because I point out something obvious and strictly a matter of common sense and don't buy your premise without real proof which no one has offered in this thread but keep claiming they have.

      P.S if you think its taken ten hours to type what I have in this thread you are already no doubt failing the four hour a week dream already. That was a quick failed test.

      Mike hasn't done it, so its not possible, even though Mike admitted a success rate.
      Lying will get you nowhere nathan. I admitted nowhere a success rate for your premise....well unless you meant 0%
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iwantbreak
    Well Content Marketing is the best way to go about things...i am able to deliver 5000 words content on a daily basis and earning four figures as of now but will be reaching five figures soon...an article spinner or content rewriter has made it all possible as you can see on my website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11166841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      I've thought about spinning my own material into a second website, I wont be a dirty scraper though
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rappormomentum
    you could create a real business and have top people run it for a % of the profits....whoooa. I have just discovered fire.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11167146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Quick
      Yessir this is the end game plan.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kmnkumaran
    well....

    If you really really really really want it...

    and

    if you really really really really believe in it

    Then it will definately happen


    I JUST wanted my twitter to get 100000 impressions in 24 hours
    Now i got 234000



    Yes you can !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11167158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gm777
    I don't think it's possible without a list or you need to find another way to contact them regularly without overpaying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Well certainly its not impossible. But as just already been said myriad number of factors depends in order to get leads and sales from it. So, it pretty damn near to impossible.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170806].message }}

Trending Topics