Are the WSO programs in the WSO section legit?

by xstraightedgepersianx 49 replies
Hello I am new to this forum and IM in general

How legit are the programs being advertised and promoted in the WSO section of WF? How can I sift out the duds from the winners?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!


Thanks
#main internet marketing discussion forum #legit #programs #section #wso
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Most of them are not legit.

    If you find a $7 ebook promising $18k per month, ask yourself why the seller of the $7 ebook isnt following his own advice and is instead selling $7 ebooks.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11175937].message }}
    • haha that is a very good point. So where do I find good advice and training on how to make decent passive income online?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11175944].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DanielBlue
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      Most of them are not legit.

      If you find a $7 ebook promising $18k per month, ask yourself why the seller of the $7 ebook isnt following his own advice and is instead selling $7 ebooks.
      Because they love helping people and they wana give back?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176197].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
        Originally Posted by DanielBlue View Post

        Because they love helping people and they wana give back?
        hahaha...right. i always chuckle when I see that.
        Signature
        Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
        CLICK HERE FOR INFO
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176219].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ken ny
        Why would they increase the competition in their market...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MValmont
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      Most of them are not legit.

      If you find a $7 ebook promising $18k per month, ask yourself why the seller of the $7 ebook isnt following his own advice and is instead selling $7 ebooks.
      Because it doesn't take a lot of time to create the e-book, and it creates a new source of passive income for the person. So basically, to make money.

      Are you able to understand that?

      I'm tired of people with thousands of posts assuming everything is a scam. Can't stand it anymore.

      Why are people making money online teaching other people how to make money online? To make EVEN MORE money. Seems simple to me.
      Signature
      Want To Make Money Online? Check My E-Commerce/Shopify System That Will Teach You Step-By-Step How To Be Successful Online. CLICK HERE.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177273].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
        total BS....

        your argument doesnt hold water..at all.

        If i know how to generate $18k/month with a business plan, im not wasting money on $7 ebooks. im spending my time growing my $18k business into $28k.
        Signature
        Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
        CLICK HERE FOR INFO
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177279].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MValmont
          Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

          total BS....

          your argument doesnt hold water..at all.

          If i know how to generate $18k/month with a business plan, im not wasting money on $7 ebooks. im spending my time growing my $18k business into $28k.
          If you actually educated yourself on online marketing instead of just posting here,

          You would have learned about sales funnels.

          Most WSO's are the front end offer, and most of them have what we call a back-end, with upsells, and this is where the real money is made...also, it is a great way to collect e-mails from PROVEN BUYERS.

          Also, YOUR argument doesn't hold water at all. It doesn't take long to create a WSO and you can make money with it for a long time. Let's say it takes two weeks and for two years you make $4000 per month with it, that's $416 000 for two weeks of work, PLUS the e-mail list of proven buyers.

          This is why most of the people that are actually making a lot of money online don't hang out here. It is a good place to start and everything but there are too much people with thousands of posts that don't even have online businesses and that are way too negative. What I explained in this post is extremely basic stuff that I learned in my first year online....Instead of posting 10 times per day I was building a real online business though.

          Another thing: You said if these people were making money they wouldn't waste their time on doing a WSO, they would grow their main business. Well guess what, Productive people like me are working a lot and we can do both....I'm not posting here 10 times per day so I have the time to do it.

          I personally learned a lot from the WSO section when I started. I bought about 10-20 of them and I think I only asked for a refund once or twice, so most of them were good.

          Sleep on it tonight,

          Have a good one.
          Signature
          Want To Make Money Online? Check My E-Commerce/Shopify System That Will Teach You Step-By-Step How To Be Successful Online. CLICK HERE.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177375].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steve B
            Originally Posted by MValmont View Post

            It doesn't take long to create a WSO and you can make money with it for a long time. Let's say it takes two weeks and for two years you make $4000 per month with it, that's $416 000 for two weeks of work, PLUS the e-mail list of proven buyers.

            Valmont,

            Huh? Is this really what WSO sellers make? Come on . . . you should know better than to throw out fantasy numbers like this.

            Not only is your post a pipe dream . . . your arithmetic is even worse.

            Steve
            Signature

            Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
            SteveBrowneDirect

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177418].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by MValmont View Post

        Why are people making money online teaching other people how to make money online? To make EVEN MORE money. Seems simple to me.
        This ^

        I see nothing wrong with successful marketers selling their methods. About 4 years ago, I bought a WSO for $14 from a relatively new Warrior, which described a system for making $20,000+ a month. The "system" really isn't new, but it really does work. And it is still being offered!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177458].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          This ^

          I see nothing wrong with successful marketers selling their methods. About 4 years ago, I bought a WSO for $14 from a relatively new Warrior, which described a system for making $20,000+ a month. The "system" really isn't new, but it really does work. And it is still being offered!
          This is simply cannibalism to make a quick buck. You don't see it in any other "real" business. It's largely relegated to MMO. You don't see legit, successful book authors writing $7 ebooks on how to become an author - because they are too busy writing the next novel. You don't see PC Mag selling $7 guides on how to launch and run a product review website - because they are too busy growing the business.

          Oh, you don't see florists hawking $7 "how-to" guides to making $18k/mo selling flowers - because they are too busy running their own businesses.

          Sure, there are some gems in that section. There are tools and services and information that can be had. However, a VAST MAJORITY of it is garbage. The question the OP asked was whether or not they were legit. The easy answer, as I stated earlier, is that most of them are not.
          Signature
          Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
          CLICK HERE FOR INFO
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177485].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
            Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

            This is simply cannibalism to make a quick buck. You don't see it in any other "real" business. It's largely relegated to MMO. You don't see legit, successful book authors writing $7 ebooks on how to become an author - because they are too busy writing the next novel. You don't see PC Mag selling $7 guides on how to launch and run a product review website - because they are too busy growing the business.
            It does happen all day every day in the real world.

            McDonald's, Supercuts, ServPro, and more sell their secrets to others selling the same things they are selling. The fact that it isn't cheap makes no difference if the argument is about creating competition for themselves.

            Likewise many legit companies such as Franklin Covey train and certify people to sell the same things they are selling.

            Of course, they get licensing fees, might sell buildings in this process, and have an ongoing stream of income by selling paper cups or floor wax to these competitors.

            So, in many cases, it makes perfect sense depending on the business model. For example, a WSO vendor may tie in ongoing hosting fees.

            I don't think it is wrong for a WSO vendor to sell something that helps others sell the same thing - it's a big world out there.

            However, there are two times when I questions the legitimacy of a WSO vendor type selling their secrets:

            1. When they are selling promised high rankings for any keyword on search engines.

            If they can do really get the high rankings for any keyword and since there are only 10 spots on the first page of Google in each country, why in the world wouldn't they get their own top ten ranking for "sex", "online dating", "lose weight fast", etc. They really are hurting themselves because there are only 10 spots. Who here wouldn't love to have a top 10 ranking for "lose weight fast?"

            2. When they are selling complete done for you packages with promised income.

            There is a guy selling "no touch" websites - they even drive the traffic - with a promised $x,000 a month income and the price is a 1x fee. According to their guarantee, you'll be in the $$ within 3 months and hosting, etc. is included - no additional fees or work to be done whatsoever..

            Why wouldn't he build a whole slew of these websites for himself, since they are no touch, and rake in that guaranteed income himself within 3 months of making the site instead of selling these sites for peanuts?

            Mark
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178290].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
              Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

              It does happen all day every day in the real world.

              McDonald's, Supercuts, ServPro, and more sell their secrets to others selling the same things they are selling. The fact that it isn't cheap makes no difference if the argument is about creating competition for themselves.

              Likewise many legit companies such as Franklin Covey train and certify people to sell the same things they are selling.

              Of course, they get licensing fees, might sell buildings in this process, and have an ongoing stream of income by selling paper cups or floor wax to these competitors.

              So, in many cases, it makes perfect sense depending on the business model. For example, a WSO vendor may tie in ongoing hosting fees.

              I don't think it is wrong for a WSO vendor to sell something that helps others sell the same thing - it's a big world out there.

              However, there are two times when I questions the legitimacy of a WSO vendor type selling their secrets:

              1. When they are selling promised high rankings for any keyword on search engines.

              If they can do really get the high rankings for any keyword and since there are only 10 spots on the first page of Google in each country, why in the world wouldn't they get their own top ten ranking for "sex", "online dating", "lose weight fast", etc. They really are hurting themselves because there are only 10 spots. Who here wouldn't love to have a top 10 ranking for "lose weight fast?"

              2. When they are selling complete done for you packages with promised income.

              There is a guy selling "no touch" websites - they even drive the traffic - with a promised ,000 a month income and the price is a 1x fee. According to their guarantee, you'll be in the $$ within 3 months and hosting, etc. is included - no additional fees or work to be done whatsoever..

              Why wouldn't he build a whole slew of these websites for himself, since they are no touch, and rake in that guaranteed income himself within 3 months of making the site instead of selling these sites for peanuts?

              Mark

              Mark...

              The first points you made aren't what I'm talking about. There is a very distinct difference between McDonalds bringing in franchisees and taking royalties and Joe WSO Seller telling people to buy his $7 ebook to learn how to make $18k/month with 4 hours of work. It's apples and oranges.

              My comment is directed primarily at the cases you referenced later in your post, which is exactly the point I was making. If Joe WSO Seller knows how to setup a niche website that makes $18k/month with 4 hours of work per month, it only stands to reason that his easiest path to $100k/mo is to deploy 6 of them himself and work just 24 hours a month. It's not to be screwing around with $7 ebooks.

              There are TONS of those cases in the WSO section.
              Signature
              Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
              CLICK HERE FOR INFO
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Start by forgetting about "passive income". There is no such thing. The only ones talking about "passive" income are those selling "passive income" systems.

    Do yourself a favor and follow what I'm about to show you:
    • Settle on a niche that you know something about (ie. flyfishing)
    • Build a flyfishing website and post one or two quality articles per week to it, along with a couple YouTube videos that you find on YT.
    • Make sure the website is on a brandable domain name
    • Build a matching Facebook page
    • Run a paid "like" campaign to grow your Facebook audience.
    • Tweak your campaign until your likes cost $0.10 each or less.
    • Throw $5-$10 per day on the ad campaign and let it run continuously, tweaking as necessary.
    • At $10/day & $0.09 per like, you will have 20K fans within 6 months
    • Assuming a Facebook reach of 20% and a click-through rate of 20%, you will generate close to 800 visitors to your website per day after 6 months.
    • You can then start promoting fishing equipment to them (maybe Amazon affiliate program) and make decent income.
    If you don't want to write articles, use high-quality PLR instead. Just make sure it's high-quality. Don't worry about SEO - drive traffic with social media.

    The above process works but it's not passive. If you use PLR, you'll need about 5 hours a month to run such a setup.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Javisito
    As with anything is it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Some are legit and some aren't.

    Much of the time when a WSO doesn't work, it isn't the WSO's fault but the person doesn't follow the directions. They never buy a domain name or set up a website or start a Facebook page or whatever and then complain that it's all a scam.

    Other times people follow the directions and they get their accounts or sites banned, deleted, etc. for violating terms of service or even breaking the law.

    And sometimes, people follow good advice found in a WSO and they turn their lives around for the better.

    Even though I haven't bought one in a long time, the way I judge things like this is:

    1. Avoid and/or have immediate doubt about anything that promises income, claims that a bunch of money was made, or talks about fast, easy, etc.

    2. Check the author's other posts. Many, these days don't participate on the forum but most do. Sometimes you'll find that the person promising riches in the WSO forum, was recently in another part of the forum asking how to earn money to pay the rent.

    3. Check and compare what is being sold with a simple Google search. Sometimes people are selling PLR (they have the right to resell the product but it isn't theirs originally). Sometimes you can check out their website. Does it look like the website of someone making $15,233 every 3 hours on autopilot?

    4. Check out any reviewers. Sometimes great reviews are given by people who have never used the product. For example, they give a shining review about how product A saved their butt from foreclosure and somewhere else they are asking about product B and whether you can really make money with it. Why do they need both a day a part? Check out the reviewer's other reviews and their posts.

    5. When looking for reviews, start from the last page and work forward. After a day or two, you may start to see negative reviews come in whereas on the first day everything is cupcakes and sunshine.

    6. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

    7. Don't buy anything based on promises made but on your needs. If you buy a lot of these, you probably already have something similar on your computer. Have you used what you already have to its full extent?

    8. Some of the worst situations are when people offer software, plugins, or themes that need regular updates. The WSO forum is full of broken themes and plugins that haven't been updated and may now not work or put websites in jeopardy security wise.

    That will hopefully get you started.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blue Horizons
    Check to see if the WSO was reviewed by any senior Warrior members,people with hundreds and even thousands of posts who have been members for many many years. See what they had to say about the WSO.I trust and believe such people-like Mark Singletary who posted above me.However,even if the WSO got good reviews and might make you money,is it something that you will be interested in doing on a medium to long term basis and have sufficient time for? Also as with everything in life and as Mark pointed out,if something sounds too good to be true,it probably is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I have a simpler view of WSOs.

    If I don't know who you are - if you haven't participated here or I haven't seen your sites/products online - I really don't care what your review/testimonial says. Why should I trust your opinion?

    I read sales pages fast - if I see something that doesn't make sense...I move on. I don't ask about it - it's the seller's job to explain his product to the buyer. If he doesn't tell me what he's selling...I don't want it.

    Buying a $7 or $12 WSO isn't going to cost you the family farm - but it will cost you time. No problem unless shopping for WSOs is all you do here (and some members do exactly that).

    If you don't understand what is being sold - you don't need it. If you think "I might do that later" rather than "I want to do that now" - don't buy it.

    WSO's come and go - some of them are outdated methods - some are flash in the pan - some never worked and never will. BUT some sellers are true experts and have the ability to teach and explain methods you may not know as yet.

    Don't expect long term customer service or full time coaching when you buy a $20 WSO. If buying WSO's is a stretch for you financially, DON'T BUY THEM NOW.

    Buy facts - buy plans - buy access to software, etc - buy information from experienced marketers. Don't buy dreams and don't believe the "no work, no experience, no knowledge, fast profit, big passive income".
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176243].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
      Excellent advice Kay.

      I tend to buy into a person over time, by patiently seeing what they have to offer on Warrior, their blog, and thru their email newsletter, then I'd buy into their premium offerings when I dig their consistent, persistent help. I dig the freemium so I buy the premium.
      Signature
      Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
      Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176675].message }}
  • Thank you everyone for your replies! Great advice.. What do you all think about David Mcalorum's WSO? The 7 year long running WSO ? Is it legit?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    We don't do that - you have to read through and make your own decisions.

    A long running WSO is not a scam or it wouldn't have been on the WF for long. Whether it's something you need or can use...is up to you.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176617].message }}
  • Thanks Kay King (damn 20K posts! impressive) I will make my own decision on that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Iannotti
    Alot of them provide information, if your new, learn all you can, for 7 bucks it's probably worth it. Yes there is junk out there as well, but it's like any other product you buy, there are good ones, than there is junk. Milwaukee tools are good, stuff in harbor freight is mostly junk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Pettit
    It's hard to tell the motives of some marketers (especially if you haven't heard of them before) However, once you start networking with other marketers, it becomes clearer who's training programs work best for you and who you can trust...it's taken me a long time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Some are legit.

    I'd say, get to know the sellers. Follow their blogs. Subscribe to their email lists. If they give away good advice for free, and are generous with their time in that way, they will likely put out excellent products.

    Anybody who has bought my eBooks or courses simply bought into my free advice first, then bought the premium products.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11176671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by DanielBlue View Post

    Because they love helping people and they wana give back?
    Or they want to bait you into their franchise of Upsell Hell.

    I don't troll the WSO page looking for things to buy. Most of the time, if I buy something listed there, it's because of a recommendation from someone I trust and respect - AND it's something I happen to be looking for.

    Just this morning, I bought something on JVZoo based on a review from someone I've followed for a very long time. Didn't listen to the VSL. Scanned the contents to make sure it was the same package. Clicked the buy button, ran the upsell gauntlet, jumped through too many hoops set up to make sure they could email bomb me later, and finally downloaded the package.

    Without the detailed review and recommendation, I'd have never even known about, much less bought, this package.

    Too late to make a long story short, another good way to winnow the grain from the chaff is to find someone whose opinion you respect and let them help point you in the right direction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Just this morning, I bought something on JVZoo based on a review from someone I've followed for a very long time. Didn't listen to the VSL. Scanned the contents to make sure it was the same package. Clicked the buy button, ran the upsell gauntlet, jumped through too many hoops set up to make sure they could email bomb me later, and finally downloaded the package.
    Don't forget the follow up - either opt out of the seller's emails or send them to a designated folder automatically.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    Before you spend money on a WSO I suggest you read through a lot of the free information/threads on the forum. This allows you to narrow down your search to two or three methods that you might be interested in learning more about.

    Then you can buy a WSO on a specific business model instead of buying a lot on many different topics and trying each one for a month and saying, "Scam! It didn't work."

    Rose
    Signature
    Grand Opening - PLR Island - Jan/2018
    Topic Ideas Welcome
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    must have touched a nerve...

    i wonder why...
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MValmont
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      must have touched a nerve...

      i wonder why...
      Because I can't stand people without any legit arguments.

      Also, you are selling a WSO in your signature..

      Sleep on that one too tonight

      All of this being said, to answer the thread question ; There are a lot of super good WSO out there, just look at the reviews, and worst case scenario is you ask for a refund.
      Signature
      Want To Make Money Online? Check My E-Commerce/Shopify System That Will Teach You Step-By-Step How To Be Successful Online. CLICK HERE.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    I know im selling a WSO. The difference is that I'm not selling promises of $18k/mo. I sell services and platforms. I sleep very well, thank you.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MValmont
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      I know im selling a WSO. The difference is that I'm not selling promises of $18k/mo. I sell services and platforms. I sleep very well, thank you.

      Exactly, You're an employee selling your time for money.

      Only a business owner could understand what I explained above.

      That being said, enough time spent on you, good luck.
      Signature
      Want To Make Money Online? Check My E-Commerce/Shopify System That Will Teach You Step-By-Step How To Be Successful Online. CLICK HERE.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    hahaha... keep selling those dreams...
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken ny
    As a buyer of these WSOs, I can say that many of them are filled with fluff. Vague information that leaves the reader wondering what to do and quite often, confused and puzzled.

    However, there are some rare gems out there that have value. Also, in my opinion, copy reviews nowadays always seem skeptical as who is going to bite the hand that feeds you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11177480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Why would they increase the competition in their market...
    They don't. Many times what they are selling is what they have done previously - and selling the 'method' makes more money as they move on to something new. That 'something new' will eventually turn into a new WSO - it's a process that seller's often follow.

    Sometimes competition doesn't hurt at all and a report about a good method or tactics provides extra income, builds brand recognition and reputation - and helps others all at the same time.

    Don't waste time wondering "why is he selling this" or paying much attention to those arguing about who is right or wrong....look at the products from your personal standpont. Do you need it? Do you understand what it does? Do you have time to implement it?

    Recently there have been several threads here that started with "a couple years ago I bought..... and now that I have time to try it...I can't get it to work". Chances are the product is totally outdated and likely unsupported after a couple years.

    Before buying WSO's read enough on the forum to identify those members you feel are worth listening to. If you see an interesting WSO - check out the previous posts/threads of that seller.

    Also, you are selling a WSO in your signature..
    Too many 'pot and kettle' arguments. There is nothing wrong with selling a WSO - or with advertising it in your signature. It's the SMART thing to do.


    xstraightedgepersonx (can I just call you Fred? - j/k)

    As you can see in this thread - if you read a while you start to get an idea of who you want to buy from and who you'd rather not associate with. It's your personal opinion based on how you view other members and what they have to say.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Clearly, my typing fingers are 'challenged' today - thanks.

    Sorry, 'straight...persian' - if I could read, I'd be dangerous!
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I bought one just a few days ago. I happily plopped down my $47. It's worth 10 times as much.

    The only reason I was even on the WSO forum was because, on the little pop-up, I saw a member I trust had posted a new offer. I knew they would have something interesting.

    Are the WSO programs in the WSO section legit?
    Some definitely are.

    Brent
    Signature
    Affiliate Video Pack Includes Everything You Need To Create Multiple Income Streams! [Only $1]
    Get Yours Right Now! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

    This is simply cannibalism to make a quick buck. You don't see it in any other "real" business. It's largely relegated to MMO. You don't see legit, successful book authors writing $7 ebooks on how to become an author - because they are too busy writing the next novel. You don't see PC Mag selling $7 guides on how to launch and run a product review website - because they are too busy growing the business.
    You're right, you don't see authors writing $7 ebooks on how to become an author. Most of them are more like $2.99 - $4.99, at least on Kindle. Looking at that category, it seems like almost a requirement to have a book out on some aspect of authorship, even if it's to prove you aren't one of those increasingly rare "Kindle gold rush" types.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      You're right, you don't see authors writing $7 ebooks on how to become an author. Most of them are more like $2.99 - $4.99, at least on Kindle. Looking at that category, it seems like almost a requirement to have a book out on some aspect of authorship, even if it's to prove you aren't one of those increasingly rare "Kindle gold rush" types.

      John, I was referring to prolific authors. Well-known authors. You don't see Stephen King publishing $4 "How to be an author" ebooks on WF. I wasn't referring to authors that write about MMO and the like.
      Signature
      Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
      CLICK HERE FOR INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178646].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
        Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

        John, I was referring to prolific authors. Well-known authors. You don't see Stephen King publishing $4 "How to be an author" ebooks on WF. I wasn't referring to authors that write about MMO and the like.
        It's not on the WF at $4 but it is on Amazon for $8.03.

        Mark
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178649].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
          Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

          It's not on the WF at $4 but it is on Amazon for $8.03.

          Mark
          Except that it's not a "How to make $18k/month writing novels" ebook. It's a 288 page memoir. Not exactly the same thing.
          Signature
          Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
          CLICK HERE FOR INFO
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178662].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

          It's not on the WF at $4 but it is on Amazon for $8.03.

          Mark

          You can find out how Stephen King earned millions of dollars from writing for just $5.70 here. This is exactly how he did it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11179263].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

        John, I was referring to prolific authors. Well-known authors. You don't see Stephen King publishing $4 "How to be an author" ebooks on WF. I wasn't referring to authors that write about MMO and the like.
        Since you specify "on WF", I'm in agreement. But if you hunt through the Kindle marketplace, you'll find King's book on how to write along with efforts by several other authors you would recognize.

        To be fair, though, King, et.al., sold millions of books before they published their book on how to write.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11179310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    OP: I think you get the point by now. There is LOTS of garbage in the WSO section and there is SOME good stuff. Your job is to figure out which is which.

    As someone else said earlier, only buy a WSO if it contains a tool, software, a platform, info, etc that you need for whatever business model you are following yourself. Be very wary of income promises and claims.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11178647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Besides the King example, this list Best CEO business books - Business Insider shows that real people share secrets, tips, etc. This could be used in any kind of business, including the author's.

    There are thousands of books just like these. No, they don't hype up promises, don't put you in an e-mail list, and don't do scarcity, but they are basically the same thing as training you could buy here.

    Yes quality may be different, but no one can say it doesn't happen in the real world.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11179578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      Yes quality may be different, but no one can say it doesn't happen in the real world.
      It happens all the time in the real world. A huge notable example is thousands of very successful business executives who volunteer as mentors to small businesses and startups for free or nominal cost.

      A non-profit organization known as SCORE has been doing this for over half a century. And for at least the past 20 years, this has included highly successful internet marketers offering free/low-cost webinars and mentorships in IM.

      In addition, there is a marketing system (persistently drowned out by a small group of self-serving detractors here on the WF) which offers free training in all aspects of marketing and business by multi-millionaires.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11180188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MValmont
    A lot of people would be surprised if we would ask for some proof in this thread...

    Lots of people are talking about fake income claims etc etc,

    I'm interested in proof that you guys bought WSO's (which ones? I want a list) and a proof of the numbers of hours you put implementing the teachings of the WSO's also...

    What about that?

    Again, lots of people posting and talking, but in the end not a lot of people are actually taking action....This is another reason why people teach methods that are working by the way. Nobody is taking action anyways so who cares, there is no real competition.

    I created two coaching programs and I'm amazed about how few people are actually even going through THE FIRST LESSON. Most people buy the thing, but don't even watch the first lesson...My friends with coaching programs told me the same thing; most people buy but don't even watch the goddamn thing! These are probably the same people telling WSO's are scam. These are the same people telling you that you need money to make money, these are the same people telling others what to do but in reality they have no expertise.

    The reality is that if the WSO is a scam, it would have been removed by the warrior forum a longtime ago.

    The reality is that it is easy to make money online, but you have to be a self-starter. You have to be able to put in the hours, and most people don't...Why? Most of the time because deep down these people are not convinced it will work. They have mental blockages....If you are not certain something will work, you won't put in the efforts.

    It is much easier to say that everything is a scam instead of working hard,
    It is much easier to be a sport commentator than an athlete,
    It is much easier to post here than build a real business.

    Valmont.
    Signature
    Want To Make Money Online? Check My E-Commerce/Shopify System That Will Teach You Step-By-Step How To Be Successful Online. CLICK HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11180959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
      Originally Posted by MValmont View Post

      Again, lots of people posting and talking, but in the end not a lot of people are actually taking action....This is another reason why people teach methods that are working by the way. Nobody is taking action anyways so who cares, there is no real competition.

      Most people buy the thing, but don't even watch the first lesson...My friends with coaching programs told me the same thing; most people buy but don't even watch the goddamn thing!

      The reality is that if the WSO is a scam, it would have been removed by the warrior forum a longtime ago.

      The reality is that it is easy to make money online, but you have to be a self-starter. You have to be able to put in the hours, and most people don't.
      Over the years long before there was the Internet I've taught people to do what I do as a business to do themselves at home so what you say does resonate in parts.

      I'd often have my competitors bad mouthing me because they though I was stealing their business by teaching people how to do it themselves.

      In those days people attended a six week evening course one evening a week and produced a few framed pictures they wanted to display.

      Out of the attendees everyone made at least a couple of framed pictures.

      Some made several.

      Maybe 20% went on and continued framing over the years.

      Of the 20% there would have been only something like 4% of the 20% that went on to start a business.

      It is the same now that I teach online although I tend to get more professionals who are already in business or further along the path to going into business than when I was teaching the general public.

      Most people want to get an understanding and give it a go and this translates into some of the IM stuff I also promote and sell.

      I don't sell things that don't work or that I haven't benefitted from personally and this is possibly where some of the negative attention towards WSO's comes from.

      Some sellers whether they are taught, or discover for themselves, think selling something that they haven't used successfully or developed and tested is an easy route to wealth.

      Perhaps there are suspect WSO's but I don't go looking to buy in that area unless I have seen or heard a recommendation from someone I know or trust and this is pretty much true of buying in the real world also. Take for example a recent WSO by Erica Stone. There is a someone who has worked in a particular area for a long time and has offered pretty solid advice.

      I was surprised to see a recent offer listed by her in the WSO section but then she is giving back to the forum by making such an offer.

      Unfortunately most people do think there is a magic bullet.

      Some believe in the fountain of youth.

      Most people are buying the dream.

      As you've discovered and as others have also is there is a gap between purchase and consumption and implementation.

      Many buy, few consume and even fewer implement.

      When you meet some of the super successful entrepreneurs and talk to them there always is a common thread of the early stages in their business lives where there was an extended period of struggle and a battle to persist through times of adversity.

      I think many people buy and see the end result without realising the consistent effort required over an extended time before some success is realised.

      Then...once success is realised...the real work commences to manage and grow into a long term business.

      People going into any business should realise it is never some short term thing.

      There will always be struggles and new adversities regardless of how big you grow your enterprise.

      Even today with abundance all around my business wen t from a pleasure to a nightmare in an instant with two staff sick and one already on holiday.

      Regardless of whatever your business is even just a one man online business those nightmares are always just around the corner. Your server goes down, you get a chargeback, your site gets hacked and so on.

      Most who buy a WSO are lucky in some way if they don't get to experience the stress that can come with long term success.

      Maybe that is the WSO secret. . .

      DREAM------>BUY--------->DREAM--------->BUY

      If you've got to implement you eventually will face the hardships and real work that needs to be done.

      So perhaps there can't be any dud WSO's because the DUD's really protect the innocent from the reality of hard work if they actually worked.

      Anyone buying any WSO needs to try to make it work otherwise what is the point?

      Dream on....

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11196252].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics