Do you think that Solo Ads still work?

19 replies
Solo Ads work but you have to find Reputable sellers. This takes time and is a learning process in itself.

A problem that can exist is the solo leads may be getting too many emails from too many marketers which may make them less 'responsive' to you.

Another thing...

It seems like you are using broken English here and if you're writing to English speaking people they can get turned off.

You will need to supply more info here in regards to what you did like...How many emails have you sent out and how frequently etc?
#ads #solo #works
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author simplytheniceguy
    Rory Singh , I agree with you at some point, but I don't agree that his broken english skills might cause that his list isn't that responsive.

    I know a lot of marketers from india etc., successful marketers and honestly, their english isn't that good, but they are successful with email marketing.

    Of course, some people might get turned off when they open an email from a non native speaking person, but I believe as long as you deliver value, people don't really care that much if English is your first, second or third language.

    However, I agree with you when you say that you have to find a good seller, the problem with solo ads is that a lot of people buy them cheap from seller A and resell them to their customers for a bit more... some sort of arbitrage.

    And that's ok... but the problem is, like you already said, because of the fact that these kinda leads get 20, 30 or even more emails a day from all kind of marketers, chances are they won't be very responsive anymore.

    No offense, but I personally would stay away from solo ads. These kind of leads are responsive for only one type of offer:

    BIZ OPP offers

    For example, you could check out clicksure.com, this platform provides you with tons of biz opp offers.

    I found that these kind of offers convert the best.

    But again, if you're low on budget or if you're just starting out, I'd probably would consider another way to drive traffic and build my list.

    That's my opinion.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11186776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisniel
      Agree with you buddy,
      If you offer something that user exactly wants then he will convert from lead to customer in no time.

      Value addition is the thing we need to focus all the time.


      Originally Posted by simplytheniceguy View Post

      Rory Singh , I agree with you at some point, but I don't agree that his broken english skills might cause that his list isn't that responsive.

      I know a lot of marketers from india etc., successful marketers and honestly, their english isn't that good, but they are successful with email marketing.

      Of course, some people might get turned off when they open an email from a non native speaking person, but I believe as long as you deliver value, people don't really care that much if English is your first, second or third language.

      However, I agree with you when you say that you have to find a good seller, the problem with solo ads is that a lot of people buy them cheap from seller A and resell them to their customers for a bit more... some sort of arbitrage.

      And that's ok... but the problem is, like you already said, because of the fact that these kinda leads get 20, 30 or even more emails a day from all kind of marketers, chances are they won't be very responsive anymore.

      No offense, but I personally would stay away from solo ads. These kind of leads are responsive for only one type of offer:

      BIZ OPP offers

      For example, you could check out clicksure.com, this platform provides you with tons of biz opp offers.

      I found that these kind of offers convert the best.

      But again, if you're low on budget or if you're just starting out, I'd probably would consider another way to drive traffic and build my list.

      That's my opinion.

      Hope this helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11186802].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
      Originally Posted by simplytheniceguy View Post

      Rory Singh , I agree with you at some point, but I don't agree that his broken english skills might cause that his list isn't that responsive.
      .
      I didn't say that it was. I said that it can. Yes value is no.1 for 'sensible' people like you, OP and even myself. But people are people and they 'can' be picky.

      I give a lot of value online and some folks get turned off of me (or judge me) by the 'color' of my skin.

      Anyways...OP hasn't given enough details as to how many email he sent them or how often.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11186863].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author simplytheniceguy
        No worries bro... it's always tough if you deal with people.

        It's like you said, people are people, and because too many people are used to get a ton of free stuff by joining any people's list, doesn't make it easier to sell to them, even if you're offer solves their problem.

        Quite a while ago I've discovered something really important... it's really really a smart move to get as much free stuff away as you can IF you can deal with the fact, that probably only 1% of your subscribers will buy from you, 99% won't buy anything at all.

        But honestly Rory Singh , in my opinion if people from your list, or in general on the internet get turned off by you just because of your skin color, man... these people are so ******* stupid... I've had people who got turned off by me because of some other things... like my voice... it's a bit high and I consider my own voice as a mickey mouse voice...

        ... might sound stupid... but the point is like you already said... value is the key thing you should only focus on.

        If these people get turned off by your color skin or my voice... **** them, I am glad if those people unsubscribe from my list and you should too.

        Sorry for some bad talking here, but I really hate those kind of people who behave in such a racism way.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187030].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
          Originally Posted by simplytheniceguy View Post

          No worries bro... it's always tough if you deal with people.

          ... I've had people who got turned off by me because of some other things... like my voice... it's a bit high and I consider my own voice as a mickey mouse voice.
          Mickey Mouse voice. Lol.

          Yeah if these guys don't like Mickey...we sure don't want them on our list!

          Who doesn't like Mickey?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187235].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
        I sent them one email a day, sometimes 3 days one email.
        Signature
        Get Your Free Guide - Discover How I Generate Up To
        $250+/Day Online With This Copy-Paste-Profit System - Click Here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

    Solo Ads work but you have to find Reputable sellers. This takes time and is a learning process in itself.
    It would be good if you could post those sellers here together with the sales you've achieved.

    It might save a lot of people time and money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Chris Mollo a.k.a nicheblogger75 this is your cue, bro

    Seriously, they can work and some people do make them work. I have had moderate success with them and that was with some guidance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Baxter
    To answer your question, YES, solo ads work. It all boils down to having the right type of funnel in place.

    If it's ok with the mods, I made a video on this specific subject some time ago. It should help with knowing the exact funnel type that's needed.

    To the mods if it's not ok just delete it, no biggie. I removed my sig as well just so there's no self promo.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VidasVegas
    My traffic comes from solo ads 70% and it does work for me no doubt.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    After I got leads, seems like my prospects never open my emails ever again
    More than 90%
    They already have everything they want from you; whatever freebie you were offering.

    My squeeze page got conversions about 50%
    Means nothing. People always mention their opt in percentage. I would rather have 1% opt ins from people who might actually buy something than 100% of freebie seekers.

    The only figure that matters is ROI.

    Brent
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmarke
    I think solo ads are the most overated form of paid advertising that you can use for one reason.

    Many of the solo ad vendors are just recycling the same subscribers over and over again. You simply not getting the bang for your buck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Thatcher
    I think on solo ads . its a hit or miss game.i have used Fiverr. mostly for bad traffic. I now use udimi. but not sold on either. at this stage,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11245539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Gary Thatcher View Post

      I think on solo ads . its a hit or miss game.i have used Fiverr. mostly for bad traffic. I now use udimi. but not sold on either. at this stage,
      Both of those traffic sources are terrible for solo ads. The best sellers are in three places:

      1. Facebook groups
      2. Skype rooms
      3. Warrior Forum classifieds

      Fiverr is a total waste of money. Some people have luck with Udimi. I have my own personal reasons for not using them, which I'll keep to myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11245570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Hi,

    I always look for sellers who allow you to TEST their
    packages first before you buy bigger packages from them.

    Also I like to join their lists if I can to see how well they
    treat their subscribers.

    Always ask them Q's first and see if you get a clear
    and honest response from them.

    If they don't get back to you, well then from there you can make
    your own judgement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11245626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebsiteChecker
    I remember solo ads used to be great 5 or so years ago, however now the whole solo ad industry cannibalises itself, any big solo seller is spamming their list everyday and recycling users from other solo sellers so their end users are being spammed all the time and your offer will be buried amongst 1000s of others.

    Lot's of solos will deliver opt-ins but no sales....a lot of funny business goes on there I think. If you want a true solo then reach out to a popular blog in your niche that has opt-in forms on their website and ask them personally about a email out to their list, these manual approaches to real bloggers provide best results in my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11363749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    The most cost-effective use of solo ads is for list-building. Not every solo ad vendor will help you do this. Nevertheless, there are many who will.

    Try to find a free and compelling lead magnate that can help you with this. It's probably the most difficult part, but you'll likely have more success than with a shot in the dark opportunity where people who don't know you or the product are understandably reluctant to spend money.

    I'm not saying you won't make any sales with Solo ads. I'm suggesting that getting opt-ins with a free offer are more likely to pay off in the long run. You get the opportunity to build trust with them and they can be contacted again and again for various offers as your business grows.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11364120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

    Solo Ads work but you have to find Reputable sellers. This takes time and is a learning process in itself.

    A problem that can exist is the solo leads may be getting too many emails from too many marketers which may make them less 'responsive' to you.

    Another thing...

    It seems like you are using broken English here and if you're writing to English speaking people they can get turned off.

    You will need to supply more info here in regards to what you did like...How many emails have you sent out and how frequently etc?
    They can still work. There are many providers out there now that are selling, not all are the same quality. If you have a good quality provider and you have a good product and good email copy, then it can still work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11364153].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics