What comes first, a website with traffic or a CPA network?

7 replies
Did you begin your online business based around an affiliate network or did you start your website around content then monetize with affiliate links?
#cpa #network #traffic #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Lets think about your question for a minute. You can join a affiliate network and have all your links, but nowhere to put them. Or you can have a site/blog, which is a place to put them.

    Sort of answers itself, wouldn't you think?

    al
    Signature
    The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ghost Shinobi
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193733].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by Ghost Shinobi View Post


        But I don't think that's what the OP was asking: the OP is asking for our individual experience.
        That is my experience. And to point out the OP did not ask about affiliate products he asked about joining a network first. If they asked about a specific product then my answer might have been different. But they basically said they do not have a plan.

        al
        Signature
        The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193747].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ghost Shinobi
          Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

          That is my experience. And to point out the OP did not ask about affiliate products he asked about joining a network first. If they asked about a specific product then my answer might have been different. But they basically said they do not have a plan.

          al
          I get you brother; and you've made a good point: some affiliate networks expect you have some sort of platform or plan in place before they accept you into their network. But it's not always the case.

          Peace,
          Ghost Shinobi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I've built most of my sites based on specific affiliate products.

    I found a product(s) I wanted to promote and built a site to fit.

    Some people build sites and then look for affiliate products that fit with their content.

    The beauty of this business is you can do it which ever way works best for you.

    Brent
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193731].message }}
  • I have a blogs the contents are related to affiliate product, To promote the affiliate product I had created a content in my blogs.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by Jn40083 View Post

    Did you begin your online business based around an affiliate network or did you start your website around content then monetize with affiliate links?
    I dabbled in affiliate marketing a little bit but quickly went to offering my own services and products. With affiliate marketing you have to differentiate yourself from all of the other affiliates promoting the same thing. That's not easy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 55sadhikar
      Originally Posted by Steve L View Post

      I dabbled in affiliate marketing a little bit but quickly went to offering my own services and products. With affiliate marketing you have to differentiate yourself from all of the other affiliates promoting the same thing. That's not easy.
      Nothing is easy in the beginning when you do not know what the heck you are doing, but once you have the skills set and knowledge all the vagueness disappears and you get clarity and set of path and plan to nail the problem.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11194113].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics