Starting a Passive Income Blog...

6 replies
Okay, running a blog isn't something new to me - but I haven't done one for so many years (at least since automatically posting content for posts worked ).

Anyhow, I'm in the process of starting a new blog and something that I'm writing myself instead of just aggregating a load of rubbish from the web and passing it off as my own.

I've in fact been doing very well in the gambling niche, which is a pretty spammy industry, hence why the market fits me well However, I believe I have some good experiences I can share with people, and maybe people will like to read.

I also noticed people like to see posts about how much people earn online (I think it's reassurance people look for when looking at making cash online) - so I've done a few posts of how much I've made a month with some screenshots and what not.

I'm always looking at passive income means, so I've also got some passive income product reviews on there. Also, I hope to add some posts about my real estate business.

I do have some questions though:
  • So, my question is - I feel like I'm covering a lot of different 'niches' within making passive income. Is this a good thing or bad thing? should I stick to one thing, for example my real estate business can't be further apart from my online gambling marketing. However, they do all related to passive income.
  • I think I actually suck at writing, even though I'm proof reading over and over again - it just doesn't sound as engaging and natural as some other blogs I read. Is this okay, as long as my content is useful?
  • Should I be looking to promote products on each posts? or is it ok to just post something useful without me making any financial gain from it. My thought is, it maybe a good article, Google may pick it up, and even though nothing is gained from that post, they may go on to read something else on my blog?
  • I spent a lot of time making my blog fast on the Google score, I think it's 95 at the moment - should I try and get it to 100? will it make a difference?

Sorry, lots of questions - looking forward to any responses. If anyone wants to take a look at the blog for reference, the link is in my signature.
#blog #income #passive #starting
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by bushell86 View Post

    [*]So, my question is - I feel like I'm covering a lot of different 'niches' within making passive income. Is this a good thing or bad thing? should I stick to one thing, for example my real estate business can't be further apart from my online gambling marketing. However, they do all related to passive income.
    Took a quick look at your blog. Since these are things you are actually doing, I think it's okay. But the way your blog is presented makes things look a bit chaotic. Spend some time looking at similar blogs that appeal to you from an organizational standpoint. Your home page should be more than just a chronological list of your latest post.

    Lots of good info out there on how to organize a blog to create a good user experience.

    Originally Posted by bushell86 View Post

    [*]I think I actually suck at writing, even though I'm proof reading over and over again - it just doesn't sound as engaging and natural as some other blogs I read. Is this okay, as long as my content is useful?
    Your actual writing doesn't suck as bad as you think it does. Proofreading is something you can hire.

    Guided practice will help you polish your writing skill. Again, lots of good free information out there.

    Originally Posted by bushell86 View Post

    [*]Should I be looking to promote products on each posts? or is it ok to just post something useful without me making any financial gain from it. My thought is, it maybe a good article, Google may pick it up, and even though nothing is gained from that post, they may go on to read something else on my blog?
    My main goal for this blog is to share ideas with my readers about how passive income is achievable for the masses, and not just the rich. I'll try and share ideas that covers a wide range of experience levels and investment levels.


    That's a quote from your About page. Kind of a disconnect between that and trying to promote something in every post - added to the ads scattered about the page already.

    Something strange happens when you start looking to promote something in every single post - you start picking your topics with an eye to squeezing in another promotion rather than serving your audience.

    A rule of thumb that's always served me well is to weave in promotions where they naturally fit, and they serve the user/reader. For example, in one of your posts, you link to a domain seller. That seller does have an affiliate program, so you're missing a chance to use a natural affiliate link (assuming that you use that seller and endorse them).

    Originally Posted by bushell86 View Post

    [*]I spent a lot of time making my blog fast on the Google score, I think it's 95 at the moment - should I try and get it to 100? will it make a difference?
    You have bigger fish to fry. Your site loaded very quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11209486].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bushell86
      John, thats some really good feedback I can focus on now. Really appreciate the time you took to give these tips. I come from a different niche all together, so having someone give some constructive criticism is very welcome.

      I've still got to organise some of the posts better on the site like you say. It's not fully complete yet.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11209500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by bushell86 View Post

    Okay, running a blog isn't something new to me - but I haven't done one for so many years (at least since automatically posting content for posts worked ).

    Anyhow, I'm in the process of starting a new blog and something that I'm writing myself instead of just aggregating a load of rubbish from the web and passing it off as my own.

    I've in fact been doing very well in the gambling niche, which is a pretty spammy industry, hence why the market fits me well However, I believe I have some good experiences I can share with people, and maybe people will like to read.

    I also noticed people like to see posts about how much people earn online (I think it's reassurance people look for when looking at making cash online) - so I've done a few posts of how much I've made a month with some screenshots and what not.

    I'm always looking at passive income means, so I've also got some passive income product reviews on there. Also, I hope to add some posts about my real estate business.

    I do have some questions though:
    • So, my question is - I feel like I'm covering a lot of different 'niches' within making passive income. Is this a good thing or bad thing? should I stick to one thing, for example my real estate business can't be further apart from my online gambling marketing. However, they do all related to passive income.
    • I think I actually suck at writing, even though I'm proof reading over and over again - it just doesn't sound as engaging and natural as some other blogs I read. Is this okay, as long as my content is useful?
    • Should I be looking to promote products on each posts? or is it ok to just post something useful without me making any financial gain from it. My thought is, it maybe a good article, Google may pick it up, and even though nothing is gained from that post, they may go on to read something else on my blog?
    • I spent a lot of time making my blog fast on the Google score, I think it's 95 at the moment - should I try and get it to 100? will it make a difference?

    Sorry, lots of questions - looking forward to any responses. If anyone wants to take a look at the blog for reference, the link is in my signature.
    I wish I had answer to your exact questions friend but monetizing a blog is no easy task. I personally like creating my own info products but I know that's not for everybody.

    If you're looking to make some xtra spending cash from your content, you should consider blogging on Steemit. By no means am I saying you shouldn't try to run your own blog too but I personally have made more money from blogging on Steemit in one year than about 7 years of traditional blogging. Of course my original blog when starting out was about punk rock so I'm not sure that's a good comparison haha.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11209513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author King Ahmed
    i think from adsense on your blog you can make money and even by selling digital products by installing wordpress addons if you use wordpress for blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11210208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    I think if you can manage then choose multiple niche. Otherwise a single niche can works great. It helps you to get targeted visitors and it will increase conversions on your site. You can monetize your site with affiliate networks, AdSense and other PPC networks. However affiliate networks works great for me.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11210213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bushell86
    Thanks guys for some much appreciated feedback - working on fixing this as we speak.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11210665].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics