Why there are a lot of people fail to make money online?

by Tonny Robb 75 replies
In my experience!

Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work

They did not want it bad enough. And when they did not want it badly enough?

Instead of found a way, they found an excuse. It's all because their mindset, their philosophy.

It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn

Reason #2. Look at reason #1

What do you think is the main reason?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #fail #lot #make #money #online #people
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

    In my experience!

    Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work

    They did not want it bad enough. And when they did not want it badly enough?

    Instead of found a way, they found an excuse. It's all because their mindset, their philosophy.

    It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn

    Reason #2. Look at reason #1
    Tony

    I have to disagree with what you have written as I don't think they don't stick it out ,it is the teaching or the course they are following is the problem nothing is ever updated just rehashed

    We as senior marketers have never changed what has been done before in teachings or courses either to lazy or bothered to do it !

    If you take list building before we could put up a squeeze page capture emails and spam them and because it was new people bought what we were selling never questioned

    Now look at today Re hash does not work anymore and unless you throw large sums of money at traffic you are not going to have a big list as before and why? they know what spam is and how to delete the email

    Does not mean you wont succeed just going to take a bit of time , some will get lucky but most wont

    Plus the other factor is the new marketers want to have it now and free , so as a collective it is up to us the change the perception in the MMO niche which is a bigger problem in its self

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11255225].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tonny Robb
      Not because the ecourse, training, anything updated or something like that.

      If that guy commit to make it happens, he will find a way, he will try new things, will ask people who already achieved what he desire that what they are doing....e t c

      It's All about stick with the game and commit to win. Nothing else is matter.

      That's my thought.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256366].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gianbizz
        A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
        Signature
        Visit BuycomDomain.com Over 700K Aged Domains with Good SEO Metrics for Your Money Site or PBN. Backlink, Traffics, DA, PA, TF, CF, Semrush, Ale... read more
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      I have to disagree with what you have written as I don't think they don't stick it out it is the teaching or the course they are following is the problem nothing is ever updated just rehashed.
      If a Person were determined enough ... They would find another course (etc.) and keep going until they're successful/making money. Sometimes it's good to take responsibility for your success/results ― instead of blaming something else.

      2c.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Linda McWilliams
    Quit interesting..
    Linda McWilliams PhD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11255424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cearion
    There are many reasons for this, but it will all fall down on your will, desire, perseverance and willingness to learn more. At the sight of failing some just give it up and go back to the secured job they have and closing the chances of ever being successful in this field. Failure is but of course pieces of success waiting to be put together.
    Signature

    Phlanx Marketing Specialist - www.phlanx.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11255523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chenbui
    "Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work. "
    I agree with it. Because they do not work long enough to get results. They all want to have the best results, but they are not persistent with their goals. It may be a year or two to get the result is normal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
    Yeah. Reason #1 man

    Only the masters will win. How to be a master?

    Spend enough time to master skills, to master what they do.

    Skills would take time, a lot of time, could be thousands of hours in the training room.

    A lot of people dont dare to pay that price, that's why.

    Because this journey is too long, maybe the winter is too long, too cold

    I mean. I agree with reason #1
    Signature
    Make Money Online - From Zero To Hero
    Buil A Money Machine-Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nic35
    Reasons:
    They are not persistent
    They are not interested to learn

    They are not investing enough
    They do not develop their skills

    They do not have a mentor
    They do not follow what other successful people do
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RuthMakesMoney
    There's a psychological model called the Emotional Cycle of Change that explains the stages that we go through when we're learning something new, and it's very applicable to understanding why most people throw in the towel before they get anywhere with making money online...



    When we're getting started, we're in 'uninformed optimism'. We think that ditching the 9-5 sounds great, that earning a load of cash from the comfort of our homes whilst wearing our pyjamas seems like the best thing ever. We don't really know what it'll involve (hence the uninformed bit), but we're eager to get started nonetheless.

    Then we dig into a bit more, and we're more informed about what to expect, but we also realise that it's not going to be a walk in the park. There's stuff to learn, tech to master, strategies to create and tweak, and tactics to weave together. There's money to be spent. We've got a better of idea of what the game really looks like, and suddenly we're not so excited anymore.

    Then we hit the valley of despair. It's too hard, we can't do it, nothing is ever going to work.

    So most of us stop right there. It's human nature.

    And then, inevitably, a few months later, we're repeating the cycle over again. We've heard about a DIFFERENT way to make money online, and the same thing happens. Again and again. That's why so many people get stuck jumping from one 'opportunity' to another, never really getting anywhere or creating any results.

    Success is a lot to do with recognising that valley of despair, and knowing that there are options that will serve you better in the long run, other than quitting.

    As a side note here... This is always a massively valuable tool that I use whenever I'm undertaking a big new project, or I'm working on something particularly tricky. Recognising that you're probably going to hit that 'valley of despair' at some point, and actively managing it, make it much easier to see things through.

    In terms of the outdated information...

    That just feeds into the cycle further. When we've got information that isn't serving us and we realise is no longer relevant, it just amplifies all these feelings.

    (Another reason why I love this... 'Valley of despair' sounds really dramatic. We've all been there and might be able to laugh about it now, but there's plenty of rock bottom moments on this journey)
    Signature

    I blog about creating online income streams at RuthMakesMoney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    1. Lack of money.
    2. Lack of time.
    3. Hope for a get rich quick magic button.
    4. Hope to get it for free.
    5. Hope the magic will happen.
    6. Lazy.
    7. Not trusting anyone than their dream/hope.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author htdkannan
    The reason behind for people who are failing to make money online is they're expecting quick result i.e earning money quick. They're not caring about the efforts, ideas and anything. In that case they easily give up, so they couldn't able to make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    people consider internet marketing as the #1 business on web to make money ( int. marketing is an hard niche!! )

    make $10K per month with other markets, Autopilot Businesses are more easy to do :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    So we are all agreed.

    The reason that the untrained, misinformed, uneducated, zero experienced newbie with a half baked dream and zero resources fail is not due to their lack of skill, ability or aptitude for business but because they didn't stick with the idea long enough.
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RuthMakesMoney
      Surely though, the two are actually related?

      Yes, someone might start with no relevant skills, education, etc. but that could be said about a ton of different career paths. It's seven years to train as a medical doctor, for example.

      It's time spent learning the skills that matters. So ultimately, does it boil down to a lack of respect for the time that it will take, coupled with not spending that time wisely and on the things that will move the needle?
      Signature

      I blog about creating online income streams at RuthMakesMoney.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258229].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
        Originally Posted by RuthMakesMoney View Post

        Surely though, the two are actually related?

        Yes, someone might start with no relevant skills, education, etc. but that could be said about a ton of different career paths. It's seven years to train as a medical doctor, for example.

        It's time spent learning the skills that matters. So ultimately, does it boil down to a lack of respect for the time that it will take, coupled with not spending that time wisely and on the things that will move the needle?
        But not everyone can get accepted to medical school. In order to be
        accepted the applicant must first complete a rigorous course of study
        in related subjects then pass a battery of competency exams just to get
        on the list.

        My point is, even for those who respect the time and process the number
        who will ultimately succeed in marketing is very small because the barrier
        to entry is so low. No one has to pass a test before declaring themselves to
        be internet marketers. Most, then, will fail the ultimate test... revenue generated.
        Signature
        If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259549].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RuthMakesMoney
          That's a great point re: the barrier to entry being so low. That in itself is a pretty good answer to the OP's question!
          Signature

          I blog about creating online income streams at RuthMakesMoney.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259751].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve B
          Originally Posted by Tsnyder View Post

          . . . the number who will ultimately succeed in marketing is very small because the barrier to entry is so low.
          Tom is right. Really the only thing a person needs in order to enter the online business owner ranks is access to the web and a way to take payments. And you can get access at free WiFi "hotspots" and take payments with a PayPal account so there really is nothing stopping anyone from trying to make money online.

          There's also another point, however, that few business creation gurus ever mention. Some people don't have the aptitude, personality, or skill to create and run a profitable business.

          Certainly anyone can be successful online . . . but very few will be given their current skill level, mind set, and aptitude. Some of what it takes can be learned over time - but most people won't apply themselves long enough to attain the level of proficiency they need to make a go of it.

          Internet marketing is not for everyone . . . but no one is excluded from trying if that's his/her desire.

          Steve
          Signature

          Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
          SteveBrowneDirect

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11260048].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
          They waste time spamming this thread and others with affiliate links only to have their posts removed.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261843].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author anayb
          You know what? If you have all those qualities, you can become a doctor or an engineer. But, you can or can't be cut out to run your own show despite having all those chops, BECAUSE there’s so much more to entrepreneurship than that. You can maybe run a small business. But you’re not going to be the best at something like Gates, Jobs, or Zuckerberg.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261847].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author discrat
            Originally Posted by anayb View Post

            You know what? If you have all those qualities, you can become a doctor or an engineer. But, you can or can't be cut out to run your own show despite having all those chops, BECAUSE there’s so much more to entrepreneurship than that. You can maybe run a small business. But you’re not going to be the best at something like Gates, Jobs, or Zuckerberg.
            Did you ever think that not everyone aspires to be Gates, Jobs, Zuckenberg??

            Hard to believe, I know. But some of us just like to have our small businesses and have the freedom to get "lost" in our little insignificant 'unGates' like Worlds
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261951].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
              Originally Posted by discrat View Post

              Did you ever think that not everyone aspires to be Gates, Jobs, Zuckenberg??

              Hard to believe, I know. But some of us just like to have our small businesses and have the freedom to get "lost" in our little insignificant 'unGates' like Worlds
              But truthfully, the only difference between Jobs, Gates,Zuckerberg
              and you or me is.... scale. Business runs on a certain and clearly defined
              set of principles. Those principles apply no matter how large or small
              the business becomes.

              They have huge businesses because they figured out how to scale what
              they were doing on a level most will never imagine.
              Signature
              If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11262533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NilbogKing
    The main reason people fail is that they are looking for the wrong kind of business. I call them the "Recluse Marketers". They are looking to be able to sit in their mom's basement and make money hand over fist. They are looking for a system that they can "set it and forget it". Unfortunately, there aren't systems out there like that. If so, then we would have all found it by now.

    To be successful in online marketing, you must be willing to work. The same way you work at your job or for your other businesses. If you work hard enough, eventually you can have a set it & forget it system based on your name and reputation.
    Signature

    Get out of the rat race!
    6 Figure Special

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rhadoo7
    "because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work"

    This is because they start with very high expectations. Many people get into this online marketing thing because they've seen an ad or some guru teaching them "how to make $10,000 in 10 days".

    And even if they make $100, they are still not happy because they were expecting $10,000.

    If the gurus were saying "I'll teach you how to make $10,000 per month after 5 years of work"... then no one would buy that product. Everyone wants quick results.

    No one goes to medical school and expects to become a great surgeon after the first semester. They know that it takes YEARS of hard work and dedication. But they don't teach that about online marketing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John963
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

    In my experience!

    Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work

    They did not want it bad enough. And when they did not want it badly enough?

    Instead of found a way, they found an excuse. It's all because their mindset, their philosophy.

    It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn

    Reason #2. Look at reason #1

    What do you think is the main reason?
    Also most people focus on short term and try to make a quick buck at the expense of long term gain.

    Instead if you provide value and focus on your backend you'll kill it.

    If your users can go through your content and get a whole lot of value and learn new things that help them without needing to buying anything from you then that means that your on on the right track for long term success.

    Anything they do buy from you is to simply enhance what they have already learned from your content.

    For example you show them how to set up a wordpress site in an article or video and link to relevant sources such as wordpress download, hosting company etc... So your giving value first which means that if they never buy from you they still can leave learning something new. However you'll probably find a much a higher conversion rate because your "selling" your free value (selling without selling) and also every anyone that buys from you will have gone through your value funnel first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shmol
    For me the number one reason people do not make money online is becasue they do not stick with one method long enough.

    However, with that said, there are other factors, like having unrealistic exceptions, like thinking they are going to make millions overnight.

    Lastly, I would say that people go into niches that they really have no interest in--they just do it because they think it will make them money.

    To me, this is a sure-fire way not to make money--I say this because you will not be motivated to work hard on a niche you know nothing about and or have no interest leaning about.
    Signature
    Need Hosting? Then Check out my reviews of the Top 5 Web Hosts of 2017
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    The fact shall always be that the majority of businesses (startups) fail.

    The only thing you can do, is endeavor to better create high quantities of value, all the while getting your message out to the world in an economically viable manner.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    3 words...

    Identify - Qualify - Convert


    Most people have issues with getting traffic... but traffic is not all created equal. Understanding how to identify your ideal customer, and create the content etc to draw those people to your offer is the silent key.

    Even with that.. Identifying the ideal customer is not enough.. you have to qualify that targeted traffic to weed out those that wont buy or cant for what ever reason.

    Once you have an ideal customer, that is qualified to make the purchase.... the conversion process is pretty straight forward.

    Its this kind of attention to detail from the get go in the traffic process where you see people with mid to high single digit percentage conversions... and those REALLY good at this bring in double digit conversions.

    Success is in the process of identifying and TARGETING the ideal customer for your product or service.

    This I believe to be the greatest disconnect between success and failure.
    Signature
    Tools, Content, and Strategies to Develop Your Online Commerce Business - Coming Soon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11256900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Uummmm... my opinion?
    Tons of "sellers" don't have a real BRAND of themself, that it's one of the first ways to collect money

    On FB is pretty easy to make $5K - $10K per month thanks to a powerful brand...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author litonkrl
    I want to add one more at bellow with pawandave
    4. Irregular activity
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author djnz
    Not sticking with it. Or they are trying to make money from an already bloated niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    The main reason people fail at making money is that they think it will be easily accomplished. If making money online was super easy no one would have a real job. It takes a lot of trying and failures to reach success in Online Marketing. Most people quit after the first failure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
    The odds of anyone starting today becoming successful within
    two years are astronomical... and most will give up long before that.

    Think about it...

    Success in marketing... internet or any other kind... requires the
    would be Seth Godin to at least become competent in a variety of
    skill sets.

    Product creation... copywriting... sales... traffic generation... those
    are just a few.

    Oh, you say... but I can outsource all of that. Sure you can but if you
    don't know at least the basics about the work you're outsourcing you will
    have no idea if you're hiring the right contractor. Newbies getting eaten alive
    in the outsourcing market is almost a cliche.

    So... it really isn't about wanting it badly enough. The fact is the vast majority
    of those who want it so badly they can taste it will still fail because they simply
    don't have the aptitude to even begin to know which skills they must acquire, let
    alone become competent in them.

    Lots of people criticize the profession I'm in for the number of failures they
    perceive but I sincerely doubt if the success rate in online marketing is more
    than about 2%.

    It's better odds than the lottery but it's a whole lot more frustrating... lol
    Signature
    If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vince Mosweta
    True, I agree with you, but I also think that the main reason as to why people fail to make money online is Information Over-load.
    Now there are literally thousands of ways to make money online. The problem is when you get over-loaded with the type of information to do so. For example when you check your email, how many times have you noticed a new program or product that will show you how to make money online. The simple fact is most of these products will work but it does take time, If you have been told that you can make a lot of money within a short time of period, I personally believe that cannot be done; especially if you are a complete newbie. There are steps you will need to learn before that can be done. In this business its easy to get over-loaded with information to the point where it does not even make any sense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11257563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author entrepreneurjay
    Reason #1 you have to be persistent there will be ups and downs with any business online or off.

    Ride out the bad times to get to the good times.

    Reason #2 Not learning email marketing and how to build a proper funnel that converts well.

    You must master the skills that directly put money in your pocket email marketing, product creation etc...

    And do not be afraid to sell just do it in the right way this is how you earn your money.

    So to recap: Persistence, continuously leaning and executing the skills that matter that directly correlate into money in your pocket.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

    In my experience!

    Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work

    They did not want it bad enough. And when they did not want it badly enough?

    Instead of found a way, they found an excuse. It's all because their mindset, their philosophy.

    It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn

    Reason #2. Look at reason #1

    What do you think is the main reason?
    That’s a good reason. Another one is they don’t take enough action imo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPG19
    Anybody can get into IM with little or no money and this is the reason why there is a lot of competition.

    The main reason why people fail online is because there is too much competition.

    People successful at making money online are really good at what they do, they are experts, they know what they are talking about and they are capable to differentiate from the rest of the crowd.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

      People successful at making money online are really good at what they do, they are experts, they know what they are talking about and they are capable to differentiate from the rest of the crowd .
      That's just one way of being successful. People often think their way is the "only" way or the "best" way ... When many times it's not.

      There are many paths to Entrepreneurial success and you don't necessarily have to be an Expert/Guru/etc. at anything: Just create something of value.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259186].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PPG19
        Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

        There are many paths to Entrepreneurial success and you don't necessarily have to be an Expert/Guru/etc. at anything: Just create something of value.
        To create something of value, something that has a USP you need to be an expert and know what you're talking about.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259310].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex July
          Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

          To create something of value, something that has a USP you need to be an expert and know what you're talking about.
          You can be a complete newbie and still create value.
          One quite famous youtube personality started a youtube channel two years ago. At that time he was a complete newbie in bodybuilding and knew nothing about affiliate marketing.
          Today he makes a few tens of thousands of dollars per month selling his workout courses, t-shirts, etc.
          The process of achieving his dream, not his skills - this is what attracted followers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259313].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author PPG19
            Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

            You can be a complete newbie and still create value.
            One quite famous youtube personality started a youtube channel two years ago. At that time he was a complete newbie in bodybuilding and knew nothing about affiliate marketing.
            Today he makes a few tens of thousands of dollars per month selling his workout courses, t-shirts, etc.
            The process of achieving his dream, not his skills - this is what attracted followers.
            Of course there will be always exceptional cases.. but that's not the norm.
            I bet he is now an expert at what he does.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259315].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
            Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

            To create something of value, something that has a USP you need to be an expert and know what you're talking about.
            Not necessarily.

            (You didn't read or misunderstood when I said "Create something of value."). For example with my main Website at the moment I'm definitely not an "Expert" (Just a fellow "Student") ... However I'm bringing all of the greatest knowledge/information in the niche together.

            (I'm sure there are countless other examples ...)

            Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

            You can be a complete newbie and still create value.
            Great point. Thanks Alex.
            : )
            Signature
            "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11260029].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Rhadoo7
            Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

            One quite famous youtube personality started a youtube channel two years ago. At that time he was a complete newbie in bodybuilding and knew nothing about affiliate marketing.
            Today he makes a few tens of thousands of dollars per month selling his workout courses, t-shirts, etc.
            The process of achieving his dream, not his skills - this is what attracted followers.
            Just curious...who is this guy?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11260165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mistery13
    On the Internet, a lot of ways to earn money, so not everyone can immediately find the right type of earnings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CNOpportunities
    If you are looking for a passive income that is proven and works great ! Then have a look at USI-Tech here... https://cnopportunities.usitech-int.com
    I make money while I sleep, all from an investment of less than £50 !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rameez Ramzan
    Nice question you asked.

    Why did we fail? because of we don't have a plan. Like if someone doing blogging and he/she doesn't know about blogging niche then how they survive or even if they don't have writing skill then they can't survive. I also failed because of writing skill. While I am doing blogging I am happy but after Google Penguin launched then Google hit my site then everything vanished.

    Idea and Plan would be two components. If you have idea and plan then you will survive easily without any hesitation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex July
    Lack of persistence, motivation, inspiration, need, etc...
    Over 95% of new businesses fail within the first five years. Over 99% of bloggers abandon their blogs.
    Therefore, no wonder why most people fail at making money online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

    In my experience!

    Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work...It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn...
    I agree. I seen a guy break even on his first PPC campaign, and then he stopped cause he said he didn't make any money. Dude read countless books about backend marketing, and didn't have crap lined up on the backend to sell to the customer. He didn't stick with it long enough. Just like most people who don't make $5k within their first 30 days.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tritrain
    No. There are a lot of variables that come into play. Some of it is simply being at the right place at the right time. Like being an early adopter of an opportunity.

    I know a lot of people over the years who have worked really hard and end up losing out. One mistake is putting every egg in one basket. Or trusting a system will be around in 3 or 5 years, when a lot of them get bought or go under. All that investment down the drain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    In a word: laziness.

    Many aren't willing to learn what they need to learn, and/or won't do what they need to do. They're looking for easy money to fall in their lap.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex July
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      In a word: laziness.
      Laziness does not exist. Laziness is the lack of knowledge.
      If you knew what exactly you should do (A, B, C... Z) in order to become a billionaire, would you be lazy?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259319].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PPG19
        Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

        Laziness does not exist. Laziness is the lack of knowledge.
        If you knew what exactly you should do (A, B, C... Z) in order to become a billionaire, would you be lazy?
        You are contradicting yourself. You are now saying that knowledge is what it takes to be successful. People that are knowledgeable are experts.

        Laziness exists but that's not the reason in my opinion. People work hard for what they want... You are not the only one that works hard to achieve your goals.

        Lack of knowledge and competition are the problems in my opinion.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259322].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex July
          Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

          You are contradicting yourself. You are now saying that knowledge is what it takes to be successful. People that are knowledgeable are experts.

          Laziness exists but that's not the reason in my opinion. People work hard for what they want... You are not the only one that works hard to achieve his goals.
          Well, by "knowledge" I mean "absolute knowledge". I might be wrong.
          In reality, laziness, lack of persistence have to do with neuropsychology. It's all about hormones. Dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphins.
          I've read over 50 books on self-development within the last two years and came to the conclusion that motivation, inspiration, goals setting and achieving them have to do with our mental state. And our mental state depends on these chemicals.
          For example, motivation depends on a level of dopamine. You can easily increase your motivation by feeding your body with dopamine (gingko biloba, for example).

          For the most part of my life, I was a depressed pessimistic person. Then I asked myself, why is it so that some people are happy, inspired, motivated, and I have no dreams, no goals. I researched A LOT and realized that success depends on your hormones. I wish I were a native speaker if English in order to be able to better describe my thoughts. Nevertheless, one day I will write an ebook about that.

          Because there are tons of books on motivation and so on, but almost nobody talks about neuropsychology and neurophysiology.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259333].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author PPG19
            Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

            Well, by "knowledge" I mean "absolute knowledge". I might be wrong.
            In reality, laziness, lack of persistence have to do with neuropsychology. It's all about hormones. Dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphins.
            I've read over 50 books on self-development within the last two years and came to the conclusion that motivation, inspiration, goals setting and achieving them have to do with our mental state. And our mental state depends on these chemicals.
            For example, motivation depends on a level of dopamine. You can easily increase your motivation by feeding your body with dopamine (gingko biloba, for example).

            For the most part of my life, I was a depressed pessimistic person. Then I asked myself, why is it so that some people are happy, inspired, motivated, and I have no dreams, no goals. I researched A LOT and realized that success depends on your hormones. I wish I were a native speaker if English in order to be able to better describe my thoughts. Nevertheless, one day I will write an ebook about that.

            Because there are tons of books on motivation and so on, but almost nobody talks about neuropsychology and neurophysiology.
            Are you saying that if someone drinks 10 gallons of ginko biloba will be successful online?

            Originally Posted by Alex July View Post


            I researched A LOT and realized that success depends on your hormones
            This is the first time i hear something like that...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259352].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

        Laziness does not exist. Laziness is the lack of knowledge.
        If you knew what exactly you should do (A, B, C... Z) in order to become a billionaire, would you be lazy?
        You must have missed the part where I wrote "aren't willing to learn" - that could often be attributed to laziness. People buy MMO products every single day and many don't even bother reading them. Of those who do, many don't bother trying them. It's a well-known phenomena in this industry.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Many are lazy people.... but it is not really a problem if you have an autopilot business that works for you.

    Yep, make your money work for you by using automated solutions and you can stay VERY lazy ( customers make $5K - $10K per month)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pheonix44
    I believe having too high of expectations too early is the problem. Expectations have to be set at a fair level. As a person gains momentum then they can set the bar higher. Some things also have to be learned through trial and error. Once you do find the one thing that works for you and is aligned with the amount of effort you're willing to put it, then success is assured.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ingiare66
    Useful to me! Thanks
    In hộp giấy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ash Kechum
    Because we do not want to spend money..i personally not unable to get traffic in fb and instagram..then i buy a product what bring me lots of traffic...i can give you the link..we always doubt in advice but sometimes it may be helpful..
    https://tinyurl.com/ydfncn98 and http://bit.ly/2j1KkvD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    I think that it comes down to a lack of understanding of the skillsets needed in order to make sales and a lack of patience.

    Some marketer do want it "bad enough" but reality of the matter is that simply working hard or "wanting it bad" isn't the key ingredients. Many marketers work hard and get burned out and discouraged because they aren't strategic and don't do up front research to get grasp of things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adongmanila
    Lack of Knowledge is the main factor to fail in this sector. Lack of Patience is also responsible for failing. Thanks for your advance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11261643].message }}
  • In my experience, I think one of the reason why many fail to make money online is that they do not know how to maximize their online presence. Creating a website or making social media pages is not enough to make money off of the internet.

    You have to know how to use theses mediums properly. An example would be creating relevant content for your audience. Or optimizing your search engines, making sure that when people search online, they can actually see your page.

    These are just some of the things that many lack doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11263090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jefay
    Which money making methods do you prefer?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11264235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thephantomcouk
    Hello All,

    The reason I think is that when we start, we see and idealize the people who are already doing it successfully or at least earning a fair amount. This is the key driving force for us all. What we do not see is the amount of effort and time they spent in order to reach their current level.

    We think if they can do it, why can't I. We just jump into it. I am also new to creating site and blog. I self-taught my self through youtube and created a new site. Now I am also excited to make money through Adsense and other forms of advertising.

    Now I will also quite like any other new blogger when if I do not realize the goals in the time which I had in my mind, it will be discouraging. Resulting me to stop what I am doing. As an ordinary human being, we always want quick/high results, with less effort and less time.

    Here I would also request to all readers to review my website, and give suggestions to improve and what to avoid, dos and donts... Please do review the site, at least couple of pages before giving your valued opinion.

    The site does not have any ads, so please do not worry about crazy pops and ads opening in new tabs.


    HOME - The-Phantom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11264348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naveen33
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11264365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rozzski999
    Simple : They think its an overnight success, so after a week when they make no money they throw the towel in and moan, request refunds, put no effort in!! I have been in the internet world for 5 years selling websites and making them, but 3 months ago decided to try marketing as an affiliate- I have spent out about $600 in total and recovered about $400 so far... so a loss... but.. I have a 5500 email list, I can build squeeze pages and funnels, make money every day from my list and getting there! I am giving myself until this time next year to be making $3000 a month... will I do it?? Yes, no issues! STICK at it people!
    Signature

    Make money in 24 hours THIS WORKS!http://bit.ly/2zLFiP9

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11264492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Definitely a mindset thing; tons of folks want to make money online, mainly, and have little interest in following some niche they enjoy working, improving their skills through practice, and, they have a general distaste of giving/serving, which means, not getting aka making money for them.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11264641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azizur655
    Most people come to earn online without knowing the jobs, which makes them fail to make money online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11265481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robinaraoz
    Hi Tonny,

    Here's an interesting article I read from one of our fellow WF members that might throw some light on the subject:

    https://profitcopilot.com/the-ugly-t...ro-online.html

    Regards,
    Robin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    Most of people fail because they do not want to win. They think they do, but in the end they really dont. (I want to lose 10lbs but I refuse to diet or exercise .. ie I dont really want to lose 10lbs)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    What makes you think there are a lot of people who fail to make anything online?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marks2424
    I believe for some people they get into it at just the wrong time and don't really understand what to do and get discouraged. I have been doing this for years and sometimes I get so sick of it because of all the changes that happen all the time. Google for me is the biggest thorn in everyone's side. Even if you do everything the way they want it done and do itperfectly they will change something and your site will drop off page one or two to who knows where. One week backlinks mean everything then the next week they tell you great article this long are great then a month later the say the articles need to be longer. I often find sites on page one with noting but a picture on their home page and wonder how did they get there since there is no article there at all and that is what Google keeps telling us we need to have. It isn't just that as it is Google analytics as well as it seems every time they make a change it is almost like you have to start all over again because the way you use their system is totally different then it was before which means you now have to take tons of time to re learn how to use it. So I think people fail for many reasons but getting fed up I think is a big one. For me I never quit I may take a long break but I always have my sites up and I keep trying to make them better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Some great advice in this thread, in summary this is what has helped me in offline and online business success over the past years:

    - Learn with an intent to act...this forces you to guide your learning in a very efficient way and to ALWAYS take action to refine your learning getting maximum leverage
    - Have a long-term vision that drives you emotionally (this is the WHY you get out of bed with enthusiasm each day no matter how shitty the day before was)
    - Have a strategy that drives toward your vision (This may change over time, but you always need to have one otherwise you become lost in the middle of the ocean without a plan)
    - NO FEAR when it comes to testing...the very definition of an entrepreneur to me is someone who is willing to try harder, fail faster/more often and learn from the setbacks to improve their chances going forward
    - Be patiently impatient...in other words be impatient about your current state which drives constant improvement but be patient about how long it will take you to complete the journey...the very best entrepreneurs I know practice this religiously

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

    In my experience!

    Reason #1. It was because they do not stick with it long enough to see how things work

    They did not want it bad enough. And when they did not want it badly enough?

    Instead of found a way, they found an excuse. It's all because their mindset, their philosophy.

    It's not because they lack of the right system, training, ecourse to learn

    Reason #2. Look at reason #1

    What do you think is the main reason?
    I think there are many reasons.

    Lack of effort/not enough taking action
    Bad direction
    Giving up too early

    These are just a few off the top of my head
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11267906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Combs2564
    Hi there
    they want quick results and they give up. online business is a business that is rewarding but it needs patience and perseverence. Check the link i have attached for some ideas on successful affiliate marketing secrets. The product is selling for just under $10

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11268093].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics