Just got approved for my first Clickbank Product...

17 replies
I am very excited about getting approved but I know now I need to work harder than ever to really get the ball rolling. I believe my first step should be to generate my own traffic in order to test my sales page and conversions. What is the best way to do this? I am passionate about my product and believe it has a chance to be very successful but I am a little stuck on how to get momentum started.

My product is called The 2 Step Diet and the website is twostepdiet.com

Any pointers on where to go from here and what to improve on would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
#approved #clickbank #product
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Brindamour
    Rm178234,

    Congratulations!

    You need to go out and find targeted leads for your offer now, that's the hard part. It is going to take a lot of trial and error before you find the right the right traffic, sales page, etc that converts the best for you.

    My advise, get started, keep testing on a small scale until you find something that works, then scale up.

    Chris
    Signature

    Subscribe to our Free Home Business Tips Newsletter and get insider tips on how to create wealth in an online business.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11270872].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11270896].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
      Hi Chris,

      I had an issue with my account and couldn't get back on until now. My current plan is to run Bing Ads to my product landing page and I have an exit intent popup that gives a free offer if they put in their email address. I will try to get an idea of my conversions and use split testing after getting some traffic to see what improvements I can make. I figure doing it this way would give me an opportunity at sales as well as list building.

      Does this sound like a good strategy for getting my product off the ground or should I be going a different route?

      Thanks for the help,
      Ryan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273230].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

        Hi Chris,

        I had an issue with my account and couldn't get back on until now. My current plan is to run Bing Ads to my product landing page and I have an exit intent popup that gives a free offer if they put in their email address. I will try to get an idea of my conversions and use split testing after getting some traffic to see what improvements I can make. I figure doing it this way would give me an opportunity at sales as well as list building.

        Does this sound like a good strategy for getting my product off the ground or should I be going a different route?

        Thanks for the help,
        Ryan
        Ryan, I think you're on the right track.

        If you're hoping to attract affiliates, you'll want to generate some sales figures using typical affiliate methods (Bing ads is one of them). If you can tweak things to the point where EPC is $1.00 or more, you can land serious affiliates.

        On that note, having an exit pop with a free offer might discourage affiliates, as they'll see it as a "leak" on your page. Many affiliates, especially on Clickbank, are wary of anything that might "steal" a commission, whether it's intentional on the vendor's part or not.

        There are good threads going back several years on the subject of what serious affiliates look for, and what raises red flags for them. A couple of hours with the search function should give you some great info.

        Best of luck to you...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273250].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
          Awesome info. I figured that exit intent could scare some affiliates and I could take it away when affiliates start joining in but I figured it would be a good back up option for me to build a list while testing out traffic. The way I have the exit intent and follow up sequence should still give the affiliate credit for the sale though. So if anything it is actually another opportunity at conversions for them (unless customer refreshes cookies). I understand why affiliates could be put off by it though.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273260].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author agmccall
            Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

            Awesome info. I figured that exit intent could scare some affiliates and I could take it away when affiliates start joining in but I figured it would be a good back up option for me to build a list while testing out traffic. The way I have the exit intent and follow up sequence should still give the affiliate credit for the sale though. So if anything it is actually another opportunity at conversions for them (unless customer refreshes cookies). I understand why affiliates could be put off by it though.
            There is no reason you can not have 2 sales pages. One for you and one for affiliates.

            al
            Signature

            “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
            – Benjamin Franklin

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273265].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
              Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

              There is no reason you can not have 2 sales pages. One for you and one for affiliates.

              al
              There is one possible reason unfortunately. I am using a site builder and I am not sure if it has the ability to create two different sales pages. I am inquiring now to try and find out.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273274].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author agmccall
                Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

                There is one possible reason unfortunately. I am using a site builder and I am not sure if it has the ability to create two different sales pages. I am inquiring now to try and find out.
                Then your site builder is probably cheap or free, you need to get professional here

                al
                Signature

                “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
                – Benjamin Franklin

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273411].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
                  Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

                  Then your site builder is probably cheap or free, you need to get professional here

                  al
                  It isn't cheap or free but it is very specifically tailored to ClickBank and is really easy to use at the expense of limiting functionality. I didn't want making a website to slow me down and possibly take me off track. I am happy with it overall but the limited functionality may be too much to use it longterm.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273525].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
                    Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

                    It isn't cheap or free but it is very specifically tailored to ClickBank and is really easy to use at the expense of limiting functionality. I didn't want making a website to slow me down and possibly take me off track. I am happy with it overall but the limited functionality may be too much to use it longterm.
                    But it only lets you create one sales page??? Maybe you do not really understand how it works.

                    what is the name of this site builder. Maybe we or someone with knowledge can let you know how to create more than one page.

                    al
                    Signature

                    “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
                    – Benjamin Franklin

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11277013].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

        Hi Chris,

        I h. My current plan is to run Bing Ads to my product landing page and I have an exit intent popup that gives a free offer if they put in their email address.
        Many high quality Affs. will NOT even entertain the idea of promoting it when they see this. A big turn off for them. In some respects, they will be helping you build your List for FREE.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273321].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
          Originally Posted by discrat View Post

          Many high quality Affs. will NOT even entertain the idea of promoting it when they see this. A big turn off for them. In some respects, they will be helping you build your List for FREE.
          Yeah from what I have gathered I am better off just not using it at all when I start recruiting affiliates. I feel it is a good idea for the early phases of sending traffic myself though right? Might as well try and build my list from people who are not going to be buying my product.

          Or do you think having it would have a negative impact on my own conversions as well?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273325].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
            Originally Posted by Rm178234 View Post

            Yeah from what I have gathered I am better off just not using it at all when I start recruiting affiliates. I feel it is a good idea for the early phases of sending traffic myself though right? Might as well try and build my list from people who are not going to be buying my product.

            Or do you think having it would have a negative impact on my own conversions as well?
            One thing you would have to take into account is where the conversion took place. In other words, did the sale come from the sales page, or from the email sequence?

            When pitching affiliates, your EPC should be clean. It's not fair to include sales from your house list when estimating EPC.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273341].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Rm178234
              Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

              One thing you would have to take into account is where the conversion took place. In other words, did the sale come from the sales page, or from the email sequence?

              When pitching affiliates, your EPC should be clean. It's not fair to include sales from your house list when estimating EPC.
              Yeah good point. I will make sure to keep them separate. Will be easy to do because I collect emails when they opt in as well as emails when they purchase so any emails on both lists will be voided from my calculations.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    sorry to burst your excitement. but getting approved will be your easy task. NOW, YOU HAVE TO FIND TRAFFIC AND TARGETED TRAFFIC. MAYBE MAKING A SALE HERE AND THERE WILL BE EASY BUT CONSISTENT SALES WILL BE THE TRICK.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11270913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezjob
    I recommend writing a press release and submitting it to a major press release site such as PRweb. You'll be surprised at the boost your site will get from a press release.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11273316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
    Good job man.

    Your income might turning around after this pont pretty quickly
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11274100].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics