13 replies
Hi

Haven't been on here for a while - unfortunately had the mishap of WA instead and only then did I realise this place!!

Anyway, my question is this.

I am open to suggestions / advice on what to do next. I am currently doing lots of article marketing on my chosen niche. I have 36 articles on Ezine and the exact same ones have been submitted manually to about 20 other article sites.

The links within the articles and resource box all point to the affiliate sales page (I purchased a couple of cheap .info domains and forwarded them on to the sales page).

Currently I have made 7 sales (2 of which have since been refunded!!). I seem to be flogging my backside off with article marketing and I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Currently I do not have a blog - I am simply just article marketing with forwarded .info domains. Any ideas guys??

James
  • Profile picture of the author phil.wheatley
    Hi James

    Uhh, yeah, I remember you posting this at WA? Some hard truths about advice, is often when people have been given the right thing to do, they don't do it as they feel there must be an easier way??

    Anyway, If you have been writing all those articles, I'm guessing you know your niche quite well now. Why don't you take all those, and create a report or ebook out of them? Then record yourself reading out the ebook, now you have a product which everyone else can write tons of articles promoting ;-)

    Phil
    Signature



    It's still not working for you??? Need direction?...
    ---->>>> BrainDirection.com <<<<----
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James401
      Originally Posted by phil.wheatley View Post

      Hi James

      Uhh, yeah, I remember you posting this at WA? Some hard truths about advice, is often when people have been given the right thing to do, they don't do it as they feel there must be an easier way??

      Anyway, If you have been writing all those articles, I'm guessing you know your niche quite well now. Why don't you take all those, and create a report or ebook out of them? Then record yourself reading out the ebook, now you have a product which everyone else can write tons of articles promoting ;-)

      Phil
      Hi Phil

      Don't think I posted this in the WA forum but then my memory isn't what it used to be!!

      I actually considered your idea a while back but once I have read it out and recorded, then what?? Are you suggesting creating my own product to promote I would assume?

      I'm just at a bit of a lull at the moment and seem to be doing nothing but writing articles (just written another 2 articles today).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vaan
    Hi James,

    Try to make a free report about your niche and build squeeze page..

    Then focus to deliver traffic to your squeeze page first before send then your affiliate offer,

    This will make you real money, after all the still become your list and you free to deliver them another affiliate offer on your niche..

    Cheers,
    Vaan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James401
      Originally Posted by Vaan View Post

      Hi James,

      Try to make a free report about your niche and build squeeze page..

      Then focus to deliver traffic to your squeeze page first before send then your affiliate offer,

      This will make you real money, after all the still become your list and you free to deliver them another affiliate offer on your niche..

      Cheers,
      Vaan
      Hi Vaan

      Thanks for the kind words of advice.

      Why would it make the difference by sending them to a squeeze page first and then onto the affiliate sales page?

      I appreciate there is the benefit of list building available on a squeeze page but ultimately I am looking for sales so what is wrong with just directing customers direct to the affiliate sales page first??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270755].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author elaine drennan
        Originally Posted by James401 View Post

        Why would it make the difference by sending them to a squeeze page first and then onto the affiliate sales page?

        I appreciate there is the benefit of list building available on a squeeze page but ultimately I am looking for sales so what is wrong with just directing customers direct to the affiliate sales page first??
        Hi!

        The purpose of list building is to make sales too - after a while

        The problem with traffic arriving at a sales page - and not buying - is that they simply go away & you never hear from them again...

        If you direct your traffic to a squeeze page and capture their email addresses you can keep in contact with them via autoresponder messages or a newsletter.

        Very few visitors to your site will buy "cold" - you need to warm them up!

        THEN they will be ready to buy when you direct them to your product.

        Good Luck!

        Elaine
        Signature
        Make Your Own Website Free
        Make Your Own Products

        FREE eBook & Newsletter - SKILL-BUILDER - the little skills which make A BIG difference to your income...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FriendlyRob
    Do your sales pages have opt-in boxes?

    If not, that's what I would do next.
    Signature

    See What I'm up to Now The New Blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James401
    Originally Posted by viteshb View Post

    Mate I think your problem lies in that you are doing your keyword research wrong. Try to learn kw researching it will save you alot of time in the end. When you see that an article is getting traffic then build backlinks to it to make it go up in the SERPS.
    I actually think my keyword research is fine. I am relatively new to all of this still but I actually purchased a WSO about a week ago and I am just in the early stages of implementing the techniques I have learned.

    This covers the art of getting backlinks to my Ezine articles in order to get them ranked higher so time will tell on this one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Are the 36 articles all for the same keyword?

    36 articles for one keyword is a good thing .

    If this is for a 10 keyword list .... you do not have nearly enough articles .

    If you do it this way 36/10 3.6 articles per keyword .


    That .6 of an article could be killing you :-)

    Just kidding on the .6 thing .


    Less than 4 articles per kw will get you nowhere fast if it is a competitive niche.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James401
      Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post

      Are the 36 articles all for the same keyword?

      36 articles for one keyword is a good thing .

      If this is for a 10 keyword list .... you do not have nearly enough articles .

      If you do it this way 36/10 3.6 articles per keyword .


      That .6 of an article could be killing you :-)

      Just kidding on the .6 thing .


      Less than 4 articles per kw will get you nowhere fast if it is a competitive niche.
      Hi Troy

      Yeah I know what you're saying!!

      The real problem is that being quite new to article marketing (I am only 4 months into my IM adventure) I am running out of what to write my articles about.

      I have a list of keywords which is I have researched thoroughly and is about 30 keywords long but without sounding incredibly repetative (and not wanting to pi** Ezine off) I am running fast out of ideas about what to write.

      The main thing which is keeping me going right now is that despite this, I have made 7 sales already so something somewhere must be right - I think!!

      James
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Some on here would slam open the window open and tell the world " I made seven sales"!

    Others would jump out the window :-)

    If you are making sales ... hey that is what it is all about .

    Main kw .... Hillbilly teeth

    Long tail.... hillbilly teeth colors

    Pick one color , write a shorter article . 500 words are not getting any better ctr than 300 word articles .

    Make the long tail rich title a hyped one

    Just write about one color per article .

    Now change the title around and write a different article about every color you can think of .

    People too often think that their article has to read like a scientific report ... it doesn't .

    Tell a story about a dude that wears a certain color of hillbilly teeth in your community . (ok the hillbilly teeth niche might have not been a good example but you see what I mean)

    Lead the visitor up to the climax and have them click on a link to get the rest of the story .
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270847].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1270987].message }}

Trending Topics