Forced viewing of threads, what do you think?

by Frank Bruno 108 replies
Did you guys just notice that you were forced to view a thread before you could continue viewing the thread that you were already on?

This is a feature that Allan can implement any time that he wants.

What do you think about this?

I think it's a very powerful feature that can keep us updated on new changes to the forum without wondering if we missed something that has recently changed or has become new.

I'm wondering what you guys think about this form of traffic diversion here on the warrior forum?

Frank Bruno
#main internet marketing discussion forum #forced #threads #viewing #warrior forum view thread
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kate Anderson
    I think it's great, especially when new forum rules are created or existing ones updated. That way, it eliminates those people who will screw around and then claim not to have known better

    I actually went off looking for the vb mod for it. I used to use something similar but it would only direct a forum member to the thread itself, rather than allowing us to feature a personal note.. Really cool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Great for buying a sold ad through the forum. That way everybody has to
      view it at least one time when logging in after the ad is placed.

      What do you think? And if so, what would you pay for such an ad?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113924].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author garyv
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Great for buying a sold ad through the forum. That way everybody has to
        view it at least one time when logging in after the ad is placed.

        What do you think? And if so, what would you pay for such an ad?
        I think that if it wasn't used too excessively, that it would be great. And it could probably fetch a high asking price, depending on how long it ran.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113935].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Bruno
        Yeah my mind is spinning from what you could do with this feature.

        Steve thats an awesome idea and I would support the use of "forced viewing" as a form of advertising here on the warrior forum only if it was used sparingly.

        I'd be interested to hear everybody else's feedback on this as well.

        Frank Bruno
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113941].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Neil Morgan
          Steve thats an awesome idea and I would support the use of "forced viewing" as a form of advertising here on the warrior forum only if it was used sparingly.
          Mm, did that feel like a test Allen was doing there?

          More power to him!

          Cheers,

          Neil
          Signature

          Easy email marketing automation without moving your lists.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113947].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Frank Bruno
            Well it took about 10 seconds for Alan to realize this completely smokes PM'ing users to get their attention.

            I bet his mind is spinning what he can do with this to. LOL

            Frank Bruno
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113956].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
        Hi Frank,

        I almost had a Heart Attack...lol

        I was thinking What did I do .

        Have a Great Day!
        Michael
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113944].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jason Zalesky
          Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

          Hi Frank,

          I almost had a Heart Attack...lol

          I was thinking What did I do .

          Have a Great Day!
          Michael
          Haha I thought I did something wrong also lol.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113966].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Frank Bruno
          Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

          Hi Frank,

          I almost had a Heart Attack...lol

          I was thinking What did I do .

          Have a Great Day!
          Michael

          That was my first thought too, I thought I did something wrong lol

          See what you did Alan! You might give some of these elders here heart attacks (not you Michael) lol

          Frank Bruno
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113971].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author IMChick
            Alan Rules!

            After I got past the shock of thinking it was something I did...

            I realized what this new toy actually can do--huge potential there.

            How do I put something like this on my own forums? Where do I get it?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113988].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author WritingMadwoman
            Originally Posted by Tom Borowski View Post

            Isn't it funny, almost all of us first thought we did something wrong, me included
            Not me! I thought it was a super-duper-top-secret-coded message from the Monkey God straight to little old me. "Hey Wendy, would you be interested in being the WF Ambassador for Foreign Relations?" "Hey Wendy, here's a little $25,000 bonus just for being a valued member..." I couldn't click fast enough!

            And then I find out that it wasn't just sent to me but everyone. I feel so let down now, so ... ordinary. *sigh*

            Cool feature though. LOL!

            Wendy
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114105].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Great for buying a sold ad through the forum. That way everybody has to
        view it at least one time when logging in after the ad is placed.

        What do you think? And if so, what would you pay for such an ad?

        Steven,

        That is an awesome idea!

        For this forum and an ad like that I have no idea what the price would be, maybe a little over my budget!

        However these is a lot you can do with a paid ad that good!

        Chris
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author admin
    Administrator
    At this point all I can say about it is that it smokes sending a PM to everyone.

    On the old forum at least 70% of the PM's went unread. And they still were very powerful.

    I agree with Kate, for news and updates this can't be beat. There's no getting around it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
    Yes it is awesome and really brings that "This just in" or "Up to the Minute" type feel and keeps us in the know.

    Very cool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Moser
    I just posted something and got redirected to that message. At first I thought I had posted something against the rules that got caught by a filter or something.

    Then I realized what it was and thought it was pretty cool.

    I like it!

    [EDIT] - Same here Michael
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Brian
    LOL me too, I thought I'm gonna be banned or something..
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NoBoss
    I found your re-direct helpfully newsworthy.

    But please...don't force someones ad on us.

    Thank you,
    ...Doug
    Signature

    " The more you give people what they want...
    ...the more they'll give you what you need." Zig Ziglar

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113976].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author admin
      Administrator
      Originally Posted by NoBoss View Post

      I found your re-direct helpfully newsworthy.

      But please...don't force someones ad on us.

      Thank you,
      ...Doug

      It will be used in the exact same way as on the old forum with the PM's. I don't think anyone ever got mad about those, except for the occasional new person asking why I was spamming them :-)

      If you still remember the old forum, I "might" have sent two PM's a month. Some months not even that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114127].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
        Originally Posted by admin View Post

        It will be used in the exact same way as on the old forum with the PM's. I don't think anyone ever got mad about those, except for the occasional new person asking why I was spamming them :-)

        If you still remember the old forum, I "might" have sent two PM's a month. Some months not even that.
        Nice feature. Glad to see it would be like the WF1.0, the suggestion that a "few times per day" was okay with someone had me nervous. That would border on intrusive, IMHO.

        But, now the problem is...how can you make the WF better? I keep thinking each new feature is the icing on the cake - then you go and bake another cake!

        All the best,
        Michael
        Signature

        "Ich bin en fuego!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114153].message }}
  • Yeah, that's a great feature. As long as it's not used excessively (and I know Allen wouldn't do that), it's really a good tool.
    Signature
    -----------------------------------------


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
    As long as it's not overrused, it can be a very helpful feature.

    Allen, promise me we won't see a ton of ads touting Cuba as a vacation destination, ok?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[113985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    I'm actually very happy Allen posted the ad. I never noticed the release of that forum.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricter
      I don't like it one bit.
      Signature

      - For your import/export/customs questions or problems, send PM.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by BlueSquares View Post

      I'm actually very happy Allen posted the ad. I never noticed the release of that forum.
      My thoughts exactly!
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    It's so much better than PMs because even non-members get the message!

    I was aware of that forum, but always assumed it was just meant for programmers and designers so it's great to hear that content providers are included too.

    Frank
    Signature
    I've just put Richard Branson's number on speed-dial. I call it my "Get-Rich-Quick" scheme.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114054].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stacie Bennett
      I really like it! Especially the one today. I had no idea that forum was there. And it was very timely, as my partner and I were talking about hiring a new coder just this morning, lol.

      Definitely beats the PMs.
      Signature

      WordPress not just for blogs anymore! Static Blogging... ***Great Job and Congratulations on one of the best WSO's I have ever bought...

      Come tweet with me... Stacie Bennett on Twitter

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SusanUSA
    I am okay with it, but it caused my system to crash and so I never saw it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Louis Raven
    Allen, is that feature for members only or do guests HAVE to view?

    Just thinking it may stop Google seeing ALL the content aswell.

    Louis
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sami
    I don't think you guys are paying attention.

    It is popular to say "yeah great ... in case I miss something"

    The whole point of a forum is for us to choose what topics we want info on and avoid that which doesn't interest us. This turns the whole thing upside down.

    I have been trying to analyse my traffic and back track to the posts that are referring visitors to my sites. But I can't get past the forced viewing coz it doesn't cookie me and so the next time I try to get back to that thread I am still forced to view that same irrelevant thread ... and it doesn't cache my intended target page, after I have viewed the message.

    My only chance is to manually find my way to that thread - not good. My time is precious like everyone elses.

    There is also a misconception about forced viewing VS PM.

    This is not a substitue for PM. "We" cannot use this to inform others of whatever. This only works for Allen and the Admins.

    I guess critical changes to the rules etc could be publcisied in this way. But as it stands without a "one-time" cookie it is a bit brutal and a right royal pain.

    A pop-over (with a one time cookie) could also just as easily inform you of events and still let you see your target page.

    Another option is a message/news section (that hides/displays using CSS) at the top of any page you want land on first. Again if you're not interested you can skip past the message.

    Sami
    Signature
    >>>> Free Webinars & Meetings - No Ads, No Limits <<<<
    Super Fast, Super Simple Entry Click Here BuzMe.in
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jjpmarketing
      @STEVEN W.

      I was right there with you... after my heart attack stopped of course. I saw that question about the feature... and first thing that came to mind was... where can I get this feature? Is it built into vBulletin?

      That would be an awesome format to announce a JV or Product Launch.

      Of course... Lucky me... when I was working on my WSO is when this notice popped up. Scared me to death. I was like, "What the &*## was wrong with my WSO?" I wasn't doing anything wrong...

      This would be really useful of notifying users of any rule changes... or contests...

      Think how much a once per week ad would cost on that notification tool. Allen could run an auction for it. I'm sure it would fetch a pretty penny.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114169].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Thomas Belknap
      Originally Posted by Sami View Post

      I don't think you guys are paying attention.

      It is popular to say "yeah great ... in case I miss something"

      The whole point of a forum is for us to choose what topics we want info on and avoid that which doesn't interest us. This turns the whole thing upside down.

      I have been trying to analyse my traffic and back track to the posts that are referring visitors to my sites. But I can't get past the forced viewing coz it doesn't cookie me and so the next time I try to get back to that thread I am still forced to view that same irrelevant thread ... and it doesn't cache my intended target page, after I have viewed the message.

      My only chance is to manually find my way to that thread - not good. My time is precious like everyone elses.

      There is also a misconception about forced viewing VS PM.

      This is not a substitue for PM. "We" cannot use this to inform others of whatever. This only works for Allen and the Admins.

      I guess critical changes to the rules etc could be publcisied in this way. But as it stands without a "one-time" cookie it is a bit brutal and a right royal pain.

      A pop-over (with a one time cookie) could also just as easily inform you of events and still let you see your target page.

      Another option is a message/news section (that hides/displays using CSS) at the top of any page you want land on first. Again if you're not interested you can skip past the message.

      Sami

      Sami, you are forgetting who owns the forum. We hardly ever get pms from Allen. He could have monetized this site a heck of a lot more than he has. He doesn't because that is just the guy he is. Honestly, there isn't a lot of boards out there like that.

      I know a lot of people making a lot of money off this forum. A lot of businesses have been created off this forum. My business got kicked off because of this forum as well. So if I have to read a post that Allen thinks is necessary, or read about a product that Allen thinks would be of interest to me then so be it. I am always interested in what Allen as to say because I want to learn from people that are doing well in this business.

      For some reason, I knew there would be a post about this before I even finished reading the thread that was brought to our attention. It seems everyone has something to complain about every day. Sometimes I don't even bother logging in because of all the negatively.

      It seems you're getting traffic and probably making sales from this website. Just tell Allen thanks for funding and keeping up the site for you. Leave it at that.


      This is not a democracy. Personally, I think that is one hell of an attention grabber. I loved it. You should be thankful Allen controls it and not me. I would direct you to pictures of Kevin Riley.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RealGem
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114191].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by RealGem View Post

      I didn't notice, but did we have the option to NOT click the link?

      Because I clicked it out of curiosity, but I won't from now on. If I'm forced to, it's nice knowing ya.
      LOL. Yeah, I think you're forced to. Small price to pay for all the good we all derive from the forum.

      If being required to click 1, 2, 3 or maybe even 5 times a month is too much for you, then it was "nice knowing ya", too.

      ~Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114203].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RealGem
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114236].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by RealGem View Post

          Someone said twice a day!
          I think that would get on my nerves too. I would probably still stick around, but I can understand how you feel. That would be a bit much, but it hasn't happened, so I can only respond to what I've seen.

          I hope it doesn't get to that point and you are able to keep hanging around.

          ~Michael
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114292].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Michele Miller
            I haven't seen it while using the forum, but while doing a search on a search engine today I saw the keywords I was looking for and a thread to the warrior forum, so I clicked on it... I saw the forced thread thing, clicked on it, but then I couldn't get to the thread I wanted to read, so I just clicked off.

            Michele
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    Neat that,

    I was a little concerned at first, thought I had done something wrong and was afraid to press the button for fear of seeing a message saying,

    Good Bye...

    But I was pleasantly surprised, cool idea...
    Signature
    Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulGee
    This would be a great way to remind people of the rules - especially spamming as it would seem some people do this regardless. It certainly doesn't bother me having to click to gain access as I've learned a hell of a lot since I joined this forum and the War Room. There's information here that I haven't seen anywhere else - priceless advice which I devour with anticipation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Tracey
    Allen has said 2 or 3 times a month max

    At that level nobody should have reason to claim when you consider what you get out of this forum

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114374].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Michael Tracey View Post

      Allen has said 2 or 3 times a month max

      At that level nobody should have reason to claim when you consider what you get out of this forum

      Michael
      Michael, as much as this forum has done for me, Allen could force me to
      read a thread a day for all I care.

      It's a small price to pay for the greatest free education you'll ever find
      anywhere.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114423].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
        I don't think it will work for any link....

        I won't be convinced until he tests it on a link with something I'm selling lol

        All kidding aside, I think it is a great feature to keep us all up to date on changes and parts of the forum that we might be missing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pete Lauder
    We'd all like to use that kind of power.

    Allen hasn't flooded us before, so I see no reason why he sould now.

    It's a great feature, in the right hands.

    Pete Lauder
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Roy
    Hate it. 'nuff said.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
    Here I was looking for a Clockwork Orange reference...
    Yes, I thought I was special and/or did something wrong. Oh well...

    TomG.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enrich
    Banned
    I find it extremely irritating (to say the least). I dont like to be forced to view a thread. It should be my decision whether I want to view it or not.

    A PM or a big unmissable text link at the top of the forum would have been better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114498].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by enrich View Post

      I find it extremely irritating (to say the least). I dont like to be forced to view a thread. It should be my decision whether I want to view it or not.

      A PM or a big unmissable text link at the top of the forum would have been better.
      No, you just want all the benefits of the forum without having to give
      anything back in return.

      How long does it take to click the link and then click one more link to
      navigate away from the thread you're being "forced" to read?

      Or maybe you'd prefer Allen went back to making this a paid membership
      forum.

      I'm sure you'd enjoy that a lot more. :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114540].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        No, you just want all the benefits of the forum without having to give
        anything back in return.

        How long does it take to click the link and then click one more link to
        navigate away from the thread you're being "forced" to read?

        Or maybe you'd prefer Allen went back to making this a paid membership
        forum.

        I'm sure you'd enjoy that a lot more. :rolleyes:
        Yes, but that whooping siren playing is a little bit irritating.

        TomG.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114547].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author enrich
        Banned
        Actually I think if most people are honest they would agree with me that being forced to view a thread is damn annoying but they're not saying that here as they don't want to upset Allen.

        I dont like being forced to view something, simple as that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114550].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by enrich View Post

          Actually I think if most people are honest they would agree with me that being forced to view a thread is damn annoying but they're not saying that here as they don't want to upset Allen.

          I dont like being forced to view something, simple as that.
          I think most people who have a clue realize that this forum is a goldmine
          and to have to view a few selected threads that Allen chooses to show us
          is a small price to pay.

          But hey, nobody is forcing you to stay here.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114557].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Martin Avis
        I wouldn't mind if it was just once for each message (and the messages were infrequent). But at the moment I'm sent to the nag screen every time I open the Warrior Forum.

        Doesn't the system cookie me to show that I've already been served the ad? If not, it should.

        I've also noticed several times that the ad causes the Warrior Forum to crash, (or at least hang) so I have to close it down from my browser and open it up again.

        Nice idea, but in this beta state it isn't working at 100% in my opinion.

        Martin
        Signature
        Martin Avis publishes Kickstart Newsletter - Subscribe free at http://kickstartnewsletter.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
    Here we go again, let me get the popcorn...

    TomG.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by tommygadget View Post

      Here we go again, let me get the popcorn...

      TomG.
      Tommy, the guy's been here 2 days, but he KNOWS how the forum members
      here feel.

      Yeah, right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114570].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author enrich
        Banned
        Cant anyone disagree about something on here without there being an argument?

        I've noticed there seems to be a heck of a lot of ass kissing that goes on on this forum, people saying things they dont really mean just to please other members and admin.

        Look I dont like to be forced to view webpages. I like to view things voluntarily, not just on this forum but anywhere online.

        Im sure most people would agree.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114584].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by enrich View Post


          Im sure most people would agree.
          See, THAT'S the problem.

          You don't like having to view threads? Fine, that's your right and nobody
          is going to take that right away from you.

          But it's statements like these that show me that you really have NO clue
          what the Warrior Forum is REALLY about.

          This is just another place to you. Well, to many of us, this is NOT just
          another place.

          And that is NOT an assumption on my part. That is a fact based on the
          many people who have publicly stated that this forum has greatly
          contributed to their success.

          Don't make assumptions for others. You don't like it? Fine.

          That doesn't mean others agree with you.

          And I don't kiss ANYBODY'S ass.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114601].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author enrich
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            See, THAT'S the problem.

            You don't like having to view threads? Fine, that's your right and nobody
            is going to take that right away from you.

            But it's statements like these that show me that you really have NO clue
            what the Warrior Forum is REALLY about.

            This is just another place to you. Well, to many of us, this is NOT just
            another place.

            And that is NOT an assumption on my part. That is a fact based on the
            many people who have publicly stated that this forum has greatly
            contributed to their success.

            Don't make assumptions for others. You don't like it? Fine.

            That doesn't mean others agree with you.

            And I don't kiss ANYBODY'S ass.
            This forum has a lot of great features, most of which I like. Just not that one.
            If others say they like being forced to view a thread (and mean it) then Im wrong. Maybe Im the only one that didnt like it.

            Anyway no need to make everything into a drama.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114628].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
              Dear Anonymous Chickenshit...
              Anyway no need to make everything into a drama.
              Hmmm. I sense a timber in someone's eye. Whoever's could it be?


              Paul
              Signature
              .
              Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114633].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author enrich
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                Dear Anonymous Chickenshit...Hmmm. I sense a timber in someone's eye. Whoever's could it be?


                Paul
                Whats wrong with you? Just because I disagree with you start calling people names? You are pathetic.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114638].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                  Dear Mr Cheney,
                  Whats wrong with you?
                  Aside from it being too early for popcorn and scotch? Nothin'.

                  Just because I disagree with you start calling people names?
                  No. I called you a name because you refused to call yourself by one, and decided to insult the rest of us.

                  You know. The folks who didn't agree with your stated position? The ones you called ass-kissers?

                  Ooops. There's that timber again. Be careful with that thing, Ralphie. You could put your eye out.


                  Paul
                  Signature
                  .
                  Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114651].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                    [quote=Paul Myers;114651]Dear Mr Cheney,
                    Whats wrong with you?[Aside from it being too early for popcorn and scotch? Nothin'.

                    No. I called you a name because you refused to call yourself by one, and decided to insult the rest of us.

                    You know. The folks who didn't agree with your stated position? The ones you called ass-kissers?

                    Ooops. There's that timber again. Be careful with that thing, Ralphie. You could put your eye out.


                    Paul
                    Paul, this isn't fair. You do realize in a battle of wits this guy is unarmed.



                    I need to go pop myself another box.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114663].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author enrich
                    Banned
                    [quote=Paul Myers;114651]Dear Mr Cheney,
                    Whats wrong with you?[Aside from it being too early for popcorn and scotch? Nothin'.

                    No. I called you a name because you refused to call yourself by one, and decided to insult the rest of us.

                    You know. The folks who didn't agree with your stated position? The ones you called ass-kissers?

                    Ooops. There's that timber again. Be careful with that thing, Ralphie. You could put your eye out.


                    Paul
                    If you had read my post properly youd have seen I said theres a lot of ass kissing that goes on here (which there is)

                    I never mentioned any names. Ive insulted nobody.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114665].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                      [quote=enrich;114665]
                      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                      Dear Mr Cheney,

                      If you had read my post properly youd have seen I said theres a lot of ass kissing that goes on here (which there is)

                      I never mentioned any names. Ive insulted nobody.
                      No, you've just insulted the whole forum and more specifically the senior
                      members here.

                      I think I need some Scotch with that popcorn.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114672].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                      To the Loon Ranger...
                      If you had read my post properly youd have seen I said theres a lot of ass kissing that goes on here (which there is)
                      By whom? Please be specific. It would be interesting to know if you have any basis for this assertion, or just assume that anyone who agrees with someone with whom you disagree is an ass-kisser.


                      Paul

                      PS: Who was that masked whatever?
                      Signature
                      .
                      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114677].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author enrich
                        Banned
                        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                        To the Loon Ranger...By whom? Please be specific. It would be interesting to know if you have any basis for this assertion, or just assume that anyone who agrees with someone with whom you disagree is an ass-kisser.


                        Paul

                        PS: Who was that masked whatever?

                        If Id mentioned names then that would have been insulting to those members who do the ass kissing. I dont insult people like you seem to enjoy doing.

                        You think you are so superior than everyone else dont you? You are making yourself look very stupid but if that's what you want then carry on.

                        No one likes a bully.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114708].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Cant anyone disagree about something on here without there being an argument?
          Sure. We tend to take the opinions of experienced people more seriously. And we tend to discount new folks with nasty tones and no names pretty quickly.
          I've noticed there seems to be a heck of a lot of ass kissing that goes on on this forum, people saying things they dont really mean just to please other members and admin.
          Figured that out in 2 whole days, or have you been lurking and imagining things for a while?
          Look I dont like to be forced to view webpages.
          No-one is forcing you to do anything. You can always choose to ignore the post and go elsewhere.

          Ooops. That would mean that you had to take responsibility for your choice. Can't have that, can we?


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114611].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            Sure. We tend to take the opinions of experienced people more seriously. And we tend to discount new folks with nasty tones and no names pretty quickly.Figured that out in 2 whole days, or have you been lurking and imagining things for a while?No-one is forcing you to do anything. You can always choose to ignore the post and go elsewhere.

            Ooops. That would mean that you had to take responsibility for your choice. Can't have that, can we?


            Paul
            Now we can get out the popcorn.

            Thanks Paul. This guy was getting on my nerves.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114620].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
            Steven,

            Troll.

            The link in his sig says it all... www.wimpforum.com - No such thing. Not yet registered.

            I wonder which N/A this is, come back from the dead to share his delusions of personhood?


            Paul
            Signature
            .
            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114623].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
              Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

              Steven,

              Troll.

              The link in his sig says it all... www.wimpforum.com - No such thing. Not yet registered.

              I wonder which N/A this is, come back from the dead to share his delusions of personhood?


              Paul
              Paul, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114626].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author enrich
              Banned
              Its a joke, please lighten up (see Kevin Rileys thread)

              Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

              Steven,

              Troll.

              The link in his sig says it all... www.wimpforum.com - No such thing. Not yet registered.

              I wonder which N/A this is, come back from the dead to share his delusions of personhood?


              Paul
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114629].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                Dear John Doh!,
                Its a joke, please lighten up (see Kevin Rileys thread)
                Hmmm. If you'll re-read Kevin's thread, you'll note that I tend to be rather on the light side.

                If you expect to be treated well when you come in and insult the majority of the members, you're a bit light yourself. But only north of the neck.


                Paul
                Signature
                .
                Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114642].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author enrich
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                  Dear John Doh!,Hmmm. If you'll re-read Kevin's thread, you'll note that I tend to be rather on the light side.

                  If you expect to be treated well when you come in and insult the majority of the members, you're a bit light yourself. But only north of the neck.


                  Paul
                  Ive insulted no one, just disagreed. But you have a damned cheek saying that considering you called me a "chickenshit". How hypocritical is that?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114645].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                    Miss Marple,
                    Ive insulted no one, just disagreed. But you have a damned cheek saying that considering you called me a "chickenshit". How hypocritical is that?
                    I've got plenty of cheek. Didn't need it for these purposes, though. I'll save it for getting slapped at the bar later.

                    No hypocrisy involved, Boy Dunder. You insulted people, and denied it. I insulted a nameless non-entity, and admit it freely, and with relish.

                    Don't pretend your feelings are hurt, child. You have none. You don't exist.


                    Paul
                    Signature
                    .
                    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114662].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
                      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post


                      Don't pretend your feelings are hurt, child. You have none. You don't exist.


                      Paul
                      Paul,

                      Regardless of your opinion...that level of condemnation is ...a little harsh at best... what's it based on?

                      Not existing is not enough, because (s)he clearly does...

                      Steve
                      Signature

                      Not promoting right now

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114709].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                        To the Scarecrow,
                        I dont insult people like you seem to enjoy doing.
                        The username I am insulting is not a person. It doesn't represent a person. It's a mostly empty space, with perhaps a bit of straw keeping the cloth ears apart.
                        You think you are so superior than everyone else dont you?
                        Nope. Nor inferior to them.

                        I do, however, despite being a self-avowed wimp in the aforementioned thread, have enough spine to put my real name behind my opinions.

                        Steven,
                        Regardless of your opinion...that level of condemnation is ...a little harsh at best... what's it based on?
                        It's based on the fact that a nameless twit came in here making unfounded assertions and insulting anyone who had voiced a different opinion than he held.

                        It's based on the fact that allowing such behavior to go unchallenged would lead to more of the same. It always has.

                        It's based on the fact that I truly enjoy the practice. Who's getting hurt, after all?

                        Note that I have never engaged Simon_Sezs in this fashion. He is equally anonymous, but behaves with respect for the other members and contributes in a useful and helpful way.

                        It's not just being anonymous or abusive, Steve. It's being anonymous AND abusive, simultaneously.


                        Paul
                        Signature
                        .
                        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114732].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                          Dorothy,
                          You really are one sad individual. You cant handle it when someone disagrees with you can you? You just cant handle it.
                          Ummm... You don't even know my opinion on the subject of the thread. I haven't expressed one.

                          I have, however, not poked and prodded anyone else involved, on either side.

                          Perhaps it's something specific to you. Do you suppose that could be it? Have you considered that your behavior might possibly have anything to do with my response?

                          Nah. There's that pesky responsibility thing again. Of course you haven't considered it.


                          Paul
                          Signature
                          .
                          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114743].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
                          Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post


                          Steven,It's based on the fact that a nameless twit came in here making unfounded assertions and insulting anyone who had voiced a different opinion than he held.

                          It's based on the fact that allowing such behavior to go unchallenged would lead to more of the same. It always has.

                          It's based on the fact that I truly enjoy the practice. Who's getting hurt, after all?

                          Note that I have never engaged Simon_Sezs in this fashion. He is equally anonymous, but behaves with respect for the other members and contributes in a useful and helpful way.

                          It's not just being anonymous or abusive, Steve. It's being anonymous AND abusive, simultaneously.


                          Paul
                          Ta.

                          Always fun getting a piece of Myers' wisdom ;-)

                          Thanks, Paul.

                          Steve
                          Signature

                          Not promoting right now

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114767].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                            Steve,
                            Always fun getting a piece of Myers' wisdom ;-)
                            Sorry, we're fresh out of wisdom. Today, it's all redneck.


                            Paul
                            Signature
                            .
                            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114777].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Thomas Belknap
          Originally Posted by enrich View Post

          Cant anyone disagree about something on here without there being an argument?

          Funny the hypocrisy of this he/she. He/She complains that they cannot disagree without being an argument while He/She calls the people the do not agree with him/her ass kissers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114703].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author John Rowe
            Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            And I don't kiss ANYBODY'S ass.
            Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            Paul, stop...you're killin me.
            If you ever give up Internet marketing, try stand up comedy.
            Take it easy Steven, you're getting pretty close there.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
    SEE? I went away to pop some corn and NOW LOOK WHAT I missed. OK, I'm back, let's roll...

    TomG.

    Anonymous chickenshit HAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enrich
    Banned
    You're an idiot and deserve to be made n/a.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Cant anyone disagree about something on here without there being an argument?
    So...we should argue about stuff we agree on?

    Just wondering...

    The only thing I see is that this thread presents a problem. There really is no "opinion" on this matter within the forum. Either Allen will do it, or not. It's not up for debate.

    I know Frank's intentions were good, but after thinking about it for a while, I relaized there was no cool way to disagree.

    I don't mind the feature. I think it would be awesome for rule changes or other vital announcements.

    ~Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enrich
    Banned
    Paul Myers, you seem to have a lot of posts. That doesnt give you the right to bully members like you're doing right now.

    I dont think I want to post here anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author n\a
      Originally Posted by enrich View Post

      I dont think I want to post here anymore.
      Then don't.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114839].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
        Some of you guys need to go to a third world country where people are living in grass shacks and literally starving, then come back here and tell everyone how hard your life has become now that you have to spend a whole 2 EXTRA SECONDS clicking thru a link before you can go to the main forum.

        Good grief people!!! Time for a R-E-AL-I-T-Y CHECK!

        Truth is, if Allen forced us to look at a 10 MINUTE VIDEO AD every single day before logging in it would still be DAMN worth it!

        This forum is a GOLDMINE. To those who can't appreciate the awesome FREE GIFT that you've been given here, all I can say is don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on your way out ( - ;
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enrich
    Banned
    Oh this is childish and pathetic. Just because I didnt like a certain feature you resort to name calling.

    Im not posting here ever again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114676].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
      Little Nell,
      Oh this is childish and pathetic. Just because I didnt like a certain feature you resort to name calling.
      Not true, Oh Great Moose Breath.

      I resorted to name-calling because you insulted the entire group, because you're an anonymous twit, and because it's fun to practice my craft on the non-existent. It's the only time I get to do fiction, after all.
      Im not posting here ever again.
      "Shane! Come back, Shane!"

      Sorry, little Joey. Shane is dead.


      Paul
      Signature
      .
      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114692].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

        Little Nell,Not true, Oh Great Moose Breath.

        I resorted to name-calling because you insulted the entire group, because you're an anonymous twit, and because it's fun to practice my craft on the non-existent. It's the only time I get to do fiction, after all."Shane! Come back, Shane!"

        Sorry, little Joey. Shane is dead.


        Paul
        Paul, stop...you're killin me.

        If you ever give up Internet marketing, try stand up comedy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114700].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author enrich
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

        Little Nell,Not true, Oh Great Moose Breath.

        I resorted to name-calling because you insulted the entire group, because you're an anonymous twit, and because it's fun to practice my craft on the non-existent. It's the only time I get to do fiction, after all."Shane! Come back, Shane!"

        Sorry, little Joey. Shane is dead.


        Paul
        I said there were a lot of ass kissers on here. I didnt say everyone was! And I am right. I think most people know who they are.

        You really are one sad individual. You cant handle it when someone disagrees with you can you? You just cant handle it.

        This is my last reply, no matter how hard you try to get me to respond.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114721].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author davebo
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114730].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Thomas Belknap
            Originally Posted by davebo View Post

            Well. there are a lot of a*s kissers here, I think that's a given.

            Given how people were so pissed off about opting-in for free bonuses, I can't help but think they would be pissed off by this.

            I found it annoying personally especially having to do it a few times already.

            Too bad life sucks so bad for them to let something so trivial piss them off.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114731].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
          Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

          No, you just want all the benefits of the forum without having to give
          anything back in return.

          How long does it take to click the link and then click one more link to
          navigate away from the thread you're being "forced" to read?

          Or maybe you'd prefer Allen went back to making this a paid membership
          forum.

          I'm sure you'd enjoy that a lot more. :rolleyes:
          Originally Posted by enrich View Post

          I said there were a lot of ass kissers on here. I didnt say everyone was! And I am right. I think most people know who they are.

          You really are one sad individual. You cant handle it when someone disagrees with you can you? You just cant handle it.

          This is my last reply, no matter how hard you try to get me to respond.
          You know, with all those "last replies", you remind me of Steve Martin as he's leaving his house. "All I need is this lamp, that's all I need..."

          TomG.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Louis Raven
    enrich, I think you passed the test. Paul's a good guy as I'm sure you're. Just move on, no need to "never post again".

    Back to topic, Allen could put 1 Adsense banner above the fold and make over $250.000 a year (my guesstimate), why does he not?.. Surely that must show if he had a choice of making loads of money and putting a strain on our eyes, OR losing an AMAZING amount of money from blatant "in your face" advertising, he'd choose his members feeling comfortable.

    What does this say about the WarriorForum?
    It says YOU come first and any message put up or which "FORCES" you to read, is for YOUR own benefit.

    Louis
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    Without starting trouble...

    Yes. Some people do kiss ass and keep silent about things that go against the majority. That's true every where.

    As far as the "forced view," I did't like it. At first, I thought "oh shit" BUT if this was my forum I would do it because of the benefits it has.

    I'd even offer an "OTO" ad in that place or an upgrade for OTOs.

    Garrie
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ricter
    This thread overdelivers! Good job, Frank!
    Signature

    - For your import/export/customs questions or problems, send PM.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evita
    I think it is a great idea

    Allen can make sure we don't miss important stuff.

    Evita
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
    Enrich stop bitching about this. It takes literally 2 seconds to click the link and go back to the forum....it's no hassle at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author admin
    Administrator
    Wow...

    When I get on a Unix server and install this:

    Instant SlideUp

    Some people here are going to have a stroke I guess.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
      Originally Posted by admin View Post

      Wow...

      When I get on a Unix server and install this:

      Instant SlideUp

      Some people here are going to have a stroke I guess.
      LOL

      You could probably still install that on the winblows server. It will take some fanaguling but it's do able. Most of the time.
      Signature
      Screw You, NameCheap!
      $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

      SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115391].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author admin
        Administrator
        Originally Posted by admin View Post

        It will be used in the exact same way as on the old forum with the PM's. I don't think anyone ever got mad about those, except for the occasional new person asking why I was spamming them :-)

        If you still remember the old forum, I "might" have sent two PM's a month. Some months not even that.
        Originally Posted by GarrieWilson View Post

        LOL

        You could probably still install that on the winblows server. It will take some fanaguling but it's do able. Most of the time.

        You're right it is doable Garrie...I just want off Windows as soon as possible and before I do anything else.

        Running a PHP forum on a Windows server is a hack job at best. Plus, actually working on a Windows server is a nightmare...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    I hope you keep an archive of the old forum. I still search it for stuff.
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      I'd set that feature up to run once a week and have the link go to the sales letter for the "War Room" forum.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    What a funny thread. Hurry up someone start something else.

    I like the new feature. I wouldn't like it for frequent advertising and I think that idea sucks. For an Admin broadcast, it was great.

    A side laugh to the latest troll melodrama herein, was the universally guilty conscience. tsktsktsk

    As guilty as I really am most of the time, my uh-oh moment was just uh-oh something is broken.

    I really love the new feature-rich-super-slick Warrior Forum and am having so much fun with it. Thanks, Allen!

    Pat

    I am never going to post here again. hahahahaha
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James B. Allen
    Where's the "forced" part some folks are taking issue with?

    I have no issue with this - I logged in and saw the recommendation. First time, I clicked the link and read the thread.

    Next time I logged in, the "please view this thread" recommendation was there, but since I'd already read it, I just clicked the link at the top of the page and went straight in to the main forum instead.

    Very effective, without being annoying. Perfect!

    Sincerely,

    James B. Allen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115869].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Erum Munir
      I actually liked the forced thread as it gave out important info. I so did not see that forum before.

      I did notice that the cookie only works if you are logged in. So if my login cookie expires and I come back as a guest, I see the forced thread again. Will be great if the cookie checked to see if you had seen the thread even if you weren't logged in.

      But I do prefer the announcements via the 'view this thread first' rather than via PM. Hard to miss this way LOL.
      Signature
      3DEcovers: Photoshop Ecover Actions
      DotsnDashes Website Designs: Custom Wordpress Themes
      My Blog: ErumMunir.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[115920].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics