A little about me
So I started my self development/improvement blog in late 2016 and have been posting lots of articles and videos and trying to promote them on social media... unfortunately, this got me very low traction and I've only amassed 30 people on my email list so far...
I have a product that I created. Its a 250 page book that I sell for 37$ that teaches people how to solve the biggest pain point in my niche.
My 2017 traffic strategy:
Article creation on website: Created 50 keyword rich articles (1,000 words - 4,000 words) on topics in my specific niche that had a search volume on more than 1,000 searches per month.
Result: I get zero traffic from google, none of my articles are even close to being on the first page... dont know what im doing wrong... I even targeted long tail keywords that had a very low search volume (300-500/m) to try and rank for those but for some reason i am not.
Created YT videos: I created 30 videos on my niche topics and pitched my freeby at the end of each video.
Result: My views on my videos are extremly low so i did not get anybody to optin to my list via YT.
Email capture: I have numerous opportunities for people to opt in to my list when they are on my website. (Just recently changed my freeby to something more valuable).
Results: Around half of my 33 email followers opted in from my website.
Article and video promotion: I have promoted my articles and videos on facebook groups, reddit groups, pinterest, forums in my niche, Digg, StumbleUpon, Medium, Thumblr. Everytime id write a new article, I would promote it once by writting a sumary on each of these sites mentioned above.
Results: To my surprise, most of my website traffic came from reddit. I would get on average 250 views everytime i would promote an article there. But sadly, the sub reddit i was posting on deleted my account and all my post because they said I was spaming them with my website links... (i didint know I couldent link my website ;S)
So right now, im getting zero traffic per day... and im very discouraged. I have been working out what my 2018 strategy will be and here is what I came up with:
My 2018 traffic strategy:
1. Stop writing so much (as it takes me forever to write one article) and focus on creating shit tonnes of videos on yt... I could create 100 targeted quality videos this year. I will focus on video since that is what I am good at and absolutely love to do and also because video is more popular then written articles. I want to make YT my biggest traffic source. Each video will link to my opt in at the end.
2. I will use REV .com to transcribe my videos to still have written content on my blog.
3. I will start building an instagram page with lots of posts dedicated to helping people in my niche (most people that use YT as their main brand awareness platform also have an instagram following)
4. I want to submit at least 10 articles on other big sites similar to mine and add value with a link to my website.
5. I also want to create a kindle lead capture funnel on amazon with 2-3 permafree kindle books.
That's all I have for now, bassically I want to make YT my main platform (thats how people will know me). I know YT takes time... (It took PewDiePie 150 videos to get his first 1,000 subscribers). But I think it will pay off and I love making videos and improving at it...
Any thoughts? How do you try and get traffic to your site?