I have a health and wellness Website at https://middleage.org/ that I created basically to establish myself as a knowledgeable person i that field, and an example to the visitor so that I could build an email list and then sell them related products.
Recently I asked for some feedback on my site, and got some excellent advice, including that I should offer a product that is related to the health and fitness I personally have. Based on that advice, I have tentatively decided to take the 13 sections of my site and make them into a video course. There would be about 80 videos, each about 6 minutes long, and I would offer them in a course format where they would be presented in 13 units, each with lessons. (I'm using WP Courseware.)
They would be streaming only, no downloads. If I do create this video course, then I could strip away most of the content on the site, and just have overviews for the section. Another option would be just keeping all the content as is, but emphasizing in my ad copy (popup)that most people will not follow the sections and would get lost, so it's a good investment for them to buy the course. Any suggestions?
My projected price would be $49. There are several reasons for this low price.
1) This is not going to be a "studio quality" production, but rather me scrolling down the page (with images), reading the content and making some comments. Here is a short sample of the format,
2) Because this is a digital product, once it's done, there is basically zero cost to sign someone up, so it's perhaps better to sell a lot more courses at a low price. It has been suggested that I show this course as priced at $97, and then offer a discount to $49 for the first 50 buyers or whatever. Then I could raise the price later.
3) If the price is low, I will have less people asking for refunds, as many people who get all excited about getting healthy, often burn out, and then may ask for their money back. Based on feedback which I have received on this forum, I will be offering a money-back guarantee. How long of a guarantee do you suggest?
Although I am open to suggestions, my main question is this:
if a course, produced at the quality level of the sample I have linked to, is saleable. I realize that you guys are professionals, and maybe used to high-budget HD productions, but I can't afford that right now. In addition, at least with a format of the scrolling pages and images along with my narration and comments, there would be something for the viewer to see instead of 8 hours of a talking head. So, taking all of this into consideration, do I have a saleable product, and for that low price?
Also, may I ask if you think my pacing is OK? I tried a faster pace, and was advised that it sounded phony.
To summarize, here are my questions:
1) Is my concept of putting my site in an 80-video course a valid one or not?
2) If I do, should I strip all of the info off of my site that will be in the course, or keep it on the site, believing that most people will be overwhelmed by the 100,000 words on the site and order the course?
3) Is the quality of video in the sample good enough to sell for $49 for 8 hours of info?
4) May I have your opinion on my $49 pricepoint?
5) May I have your opinion on my pacing in the sample video?
6) Should I transfer the site over to middleage.net, which I also own? I have been advised on the forum that people may perceive a .org domain as a "public service" site, if you will.
I am also open to any suggestions or constructive criticism.
7) How long of a guarantee do you suggest?
Let me mention that I am aware that my site needs a new design, etc., and I will address those points in another thread.
I look forward to your kind and helpful advice, and thank you in advance. :-)