The "Habits", "Daily routines" of successful People are TOTALLY WASTE OF TIME!

16 replies
Yeah.

For this simple reason: they have these routines, healthy diet, NOW.

Not when they were people like you, who are strugglin' to achieve success.

I mean: Zucky, young entrepeneurs of Silicon Valley, didn't go to spa, have daily running routines, eat 5 couple vegetables times a day, red quotes, when they were creating their products.

They have eaten one or 2 time a day maximum, lived in front of the pc... they didn't go out with friends, didn't drink coffee outside...

...if they wanted to be Marketers like us, they put every pennies in the pocket for ads, for mentoring.

All of this lead to one "quote": successful is more dependent on what you are able to endure and make sacrifices, stick to a plan every day, even when you don't believe in it, with Will.

Yes, cause we may not believe one day in what we're doing, cause of what other people saying, the human tendency to change the mind, the "rumors"....but we have to Stick to the Plan

...of course if it's not an 'hope strategy plan' but a solid system like email marketing.
#daily routines #habits #people #successful #time #totally #waste
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Ged3
    Hi John,


    yes I can see the point you are trying to make.


    Its easy to write an article about being successful and having your daily routine as part of the process - but as you say - that healthy process probably wasn't part of the plan or the reason they became successful!


    Best Regards
    Ged
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341440].message }}
  • If a person can discipline themselves to run for 1 to 3 hours daily, then surely you should be able to sit in front of your PC for 1 to 3 hours to build your website, write an eBook, or spend that time in front of your video camera, to create a video product.

    It all boils down to discipline. Are you able to set achievable goals in a defined timeframe, and follow through until you have achieved your goals.

    Without discipline, dedication and determination, you won't be very successful, even if you were born into wealth.

    The billionaire and the beggar both enjoy 24 hour days, but the difference between their lifestyle is dependent on how they spend their time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chr1svee
    MOST people need the routines and structure to be able to achieve success. Grit and willpower doesn't work for the majority of people, but there are outliers of course...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    yes I can see the point you are trying to make.
    You can? You have better deciphering gibberish skills than I.
    Signature
    $1 Billion Free Traffic Loophole - 10 Done For You Free Traffic Software Tools
    Get FREE Traffic Right Now! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oppyeaunome
    I see what you mean. Many people get caught up with the routines of this person and the routines of that person. I was watching a documentary the other day on Bill Gates and it was talking about how much he worked in the beginning when they were building Microsoft.

    The guy literally worked so much, that he slept under his desk and hardly ever left the office for anything. I watched another one on Elon Musk and he spoke about how he and his friend would spend days coding and nothing else..

    So I understand what you mean. Before they were the people they are today, they had to work really hard. The daily habits and routines are good things if you want to organize your day better, but they should not become the things you depend on to be successful.

    What I mean is that not because you follow the routines of Zuckerberg, means you'll be the next Zuckerberg. The only thing that matters when building a business is how hard you work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by oppyeaunome View Post

      The daily habits and routines are good things if you want to organize your day better, but they should not become the things you depend on to be successful.
      There is no 'cookie-cutter' formula for success that applies to all - and - some people, even if they worked for 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, still would not be successful.

      Obviously, if someone is successful, it was their personal regimen and combination of work, play, relaxation, diet, exercise, spirituality or lack thereof that worked for them. To say, "To be successful, you need to . . . . . . .," and then list what you think the answers are, may be great for you and lead you to wealth and fame, yet might be ruinous for someone else.

      There are simply too many declarative statements proffered here that are presented as 'facts of life, or business' - that are nothing more than personal opinion. They sound good - but if examined closely it's obvious that most are nothing more than shallow platitudes that have little to do with the realities of life or business. They'd be great on a bumper sticker, but that's about it.

      Everyone's path is different. Discover your own path. Follow it in a way that you feel is most beneficial to you. There is more to life than work and money.

      When I worked full-time I would take an hour a day to sit on my dock, at least an hour a day to take a drive and at least an hour a day to spend in my fish room. That made the other 5 hours totally enjoyable, meaningful and as productive as possible. I never once said to myself, "Gee. I wish I was doing (fill in the blank) right now, instead of working." That's because if I hadn't already done it, today, I would be, later. lol

      Could I have made more money? I don't think so and truth be told, had I worked longer and harder, I believe I would have made less. It's not as much about how much time you spend as it is how you spend the time.

      My gospel for the day. lol
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        There are simply way to many declarative statements proffered here that are presented as 'facts of live (life), or business' - that are nothing more than personal opinion.

        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        Everyone's path is different. Discover your own path.

        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        There is more to life than work and money.

        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        My gospel for the day.

        Amen.

        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    "Man does not eat by bread alone."
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrownMason
    I think, there is no problem in that. Its health.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparrow
    love that stick to the plan

    except be careful what the plan is

    I see too many people on a daily basis sticking with the plan and fail to make progress, because the plan is not a plan without sound strategy

    Tactics is what most people follow and fail at for success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi John,

    These guys and gals put in mad time in front of a computer. This we know.

    But these guys and gals put in mad time in front of a computer because.....they followed routines Or regimens, or rituals, morning or evening....

    Most human beings live in Survival Mode, from an energy of fear. They work jobs because their main concern in life is trying to make money, have benefits, put food on da table and a roof over there head. Nothing wrong with that.

    Then you have a small percentage of folks who live in a predominant energy of love. These are people who follow their dreams and inspire others to live their dreams. Some IMers operate from this energy, for sure. Survival Mode aka fear tugs at us for a bit, but we are learning to release it.

    Then you have a few thousand folks who give their lives to a cause, or purpose, to better humanity. They are not the purest of the pure, but they totally give their lives to a purpose far beyond themselves. Totally out of Survival Mode. Like, when Mark Z was offered say, $50 million from investors to go public, and Sean Parker told him to wait, it wasn't cool yet. When you are totally out of Survival Mode, you wait until your idea benefits millions then billions of people, being almost completely detached from money, or the fear of losing it.

    Some icons are born with this detached energy; most though need to follow daily rituals to manage their energy, to vibe higher and higher, to see above the competitive plane of fear, the personal hell, most humans live in...aka, being in Survival.

    I say John; do what feels good to go. For me though; I'll keep following my rituals and billionaire advice....hasn't hurt me yet LOL.

    Have a great weekend.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    Like, when Mark Z was offered say, $50 million from investors to go public,
    So you are saying Zuckerberg stole the idea for FB to better humanity? No commercial intent just sweetness, light and fluffy bunnies?

    Delusional - characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

    Sometimes good for a laugh though!
    Signature
    $1 Billion Free Traffic Loophole - 10 Done For You Free Traffic Software Tools
    Get FREE Traffic Right Now! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342769].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      So you are saying Zuckerberg stole the idea for FB to better humanity?
      His motives may not have been totally pure, but look how well that turned out. sarcasm
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11343067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    it's not about avoiding the rituals or daily routines.

    It's about the cognitive bias of interpreting the well-spread quotes of millionaire's habits, the habits they have now, with what really lead them to success.

    I mean the habits they have now reflect the life status they achieved. There were probably totally different before, when they have to struggle a lot.

    So your plan has not to get inspired to these habits, but on the rituals, habits, etc, that can lead YOU to success, which may be a bit harder than their daily life now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11343120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Flm
    Teach a man to fish... you know the drill. It depends on the routine. You probably won't have to exercise psychological gymnastics to your minions because you don't have any - but you'd get a good idea, what's behind the scenes. The challenges that the affluent person deals with and every imaginable nut and bolt about his reality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11455124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Another 8 month old thread, dredged-up. Why?
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11455157].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics