Long time lurker here, but finally decided to post and ask for opinions. In 2012 I have created a simple WordPress website with 15 categories in health niche with total of ~500 articles. I have a main business of selling my own b2b software so it was an attempt something new in unfamiliar field of IM. What I did:
- Opened a ClickBank account and picked up 15 random subcats from Health category;
- For each subcat I did a keyword research and came up with 30-40 most searched keywords around it;
- Hired writers to write a short article relating to each keyword, 30-40 per subcategory.
- Posted it on WP with a set of cloaked CB links on the bottom of each page.
- Did some simple on page SEO with a related WP plugin, no promotion except directory submission.
Then I became too busy with my main business and literally forgot about the site. It did not have any traffic before 2014 and since then it started getting a small amount of visitors (about 900 uniques per month). Had a few sporradic sales but I invested 10x more on content alone.
So my question is: what can I do with this site? Pages offer some tips for readers and then I just say - try out these products and post a bunch of links. Promote each page separately? Looks like if I spend ~150 for a simple SEO package this will be a huge investment which I doubt will pay off with CB anytime. Thanks for all ideas!