Why is no one in the Sleep Better niche?

by v3nge
40 replies
Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?
#niche #sleep
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

    Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?
    Well if you can provide a good/viable solution it could be successful. The only "problem" is I'm guessing there are loads of free advice already on YouTube.com (etc.)
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author v3nge
      Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

      Well if you can provide a good/viable solution it could be successful. The only "problem" is I'm guessing there are loads of free advice already on YouTube.com (etc.)
      There's free info on pretty much everything on YouTube.

      But, there must be some reason no one is doing it, I can't be the only one who's thought of this...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352615].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

        There's free info on pretty much everything on YouTube.
        True. However with a Niche like sleep deprivation it can be communicated in a couple of videos or so.

        But, there must be some reason no one is doing it, I can't be the only one who's thought of this...
        You're not. It's not just with YouTube.com ... There is free advice all over the Net. My guess is (although I admire your ambition) is that it would be very difficult to monetize it. Why? Because of all the free information.

        2C
        Signature
        "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352619].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author v3nge
          Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

          True. However with a Niche like sleep deprivation it can be communicated in a couple of videos or so.



          You're not. It's not just with YouTube.com ... There is free advice all over the Net. My guess is (although I admire your ambition) is that it would be very difficult to monetize it. Why? Because of all the free information.

          2C
          I mean doing a product not a blog/vlog etc.

          I see what you're saying.

          There are lot's of free videos about setting up dropshipping stores though, yet people pay for shoppify courses.

          Maybe, it's because no one has been able to come up with a good USP to differentiate from the free stuff?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352635].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
            Fair enough. If you can differentiate yourself/target a Niche .. Then maybe it could work.
            Signature
            "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352636].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author v3nge
              Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

              Fair enough. If you can differentiate yourself/target a Niche .. Then maybe it could work.
              I'm really just spit balling, trying to figure it out. I don't want to waste money and time in a market, to find out that there was no market to begin with.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352642].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post


        But, there must be some reason no one is doing it, I can't be the only one who's thought of this...
        It seems many people believe that if a niche is not discussed on the warrior forum then nobody is doing it. After an exhausting 3 second search on clickbank, I found many products in the sleep niche with several sub-niches.

        al
        Signature

        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
        ~Jack Handey~

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    How are you going to monetize it?

    Figure that out and maybe it is viable.

    This reminds me of a guy who figured out how to build email lists using Instagram, but it was all in niches he couldn't monetize and just wasted all his time.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    18 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author v3nge
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      How are you going to monetize it?

      Figure that out and maybe it is viable.

      This reminds me of a guy who figured out how to build email lists using Instagram, but it was all in niches he couldn't monetize and just wasted all his time.
      Something like a course targeted at optimizers, people who want to get the most out of life, but have trouble with sleep and waking up early, etc. Something like that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352630].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PPG19
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

        Something like a course targeted at optimizers, people who want to get the most out of life, but have trouble with sleep and waking up early, etc. Something like that.
        I did a quick search and found this sites and products which i think is what you are talking about. If this is what you are talking about then there are hundreds if not thousands of sites and products like this out there... "The sleep better/cure insomnia" niche has been there for a long time, it's a well known niche (a really competitive one as well i imagine) and lot of people are marketing and have products in this niche.

        Some examples:

        https://www.sixstepstosleep.com/

        http://www.naturalsleepmadesimple.com/

        https://www.sleeplessnomore.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352650].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
          I have to say I was kind of humbled from reading that Sales Letter: There's more to this Niche than I initially thought.

          Jonathan
          Signature
          "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352655].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      3w
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      How are you going to monetize it?

      Figure that out and maybe it is viable.

      This reminds me of a guy who figured out how to build email lists using Instagram, but it was all in niches he couldn't monetize and just wasted all his time.
      Diablo,

      The more i decide to only "read", and not participate... : the more I agree with you. Period
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353245].message }}
  • I think it's because in most cases, sleep deprivation or insomnia is a symptom or side effect of something bigger. It depends on the cause and when you fix the underlying problem, the sleep problem also goes away.

    The stress reduction niche also indirectly touches on the sleep better niche.

    I think it does have potential. You just need to be specific on what type of sleep problem you want to address. Like are you looking into insomnia? Bruxims? restless legs?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    Which country and what software did you use to check?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dylansmith22
    In a niche of Sleep Better it is more associated with videos that YouTube can provide.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lichensa
    I personally think just because no body is doing it or there is free info everywhere about the topic, you should restrain yourself for joining this niche. Just make sure you have enough products / merchants to get this monetize once you get organic traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You began this thread with the premise "why do you think there is no competition?" and it's been 'conjecture on' as a result.

    Sleep better - 339,000,000 million results in google
    "Sleep better" - 10,200,000 results

    How many of the sites resulting from a google search did you visit and analyze? How many of the products being sold did you look into in?

    A quick look tells me this is a site for 'tips' and for 'sleep aids', sounds machines and bedding - and not a niche for major 'ebooks' - unless you write a book so boring it's guaranteed to put people to sleep.
    Signature
    Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352906].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author v3nge
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      You began this thread with the premise "why do you think there is no competition?" and it's been 'conjecture on' as a result.

      Sleep better - 339,000,000 million results in google
      "Sleep better" - 10,200,000 results

      How many of the sites resulting from a google search did you visit and analyze? How many of the products being sold did you look into in?

      A quick look tells me this is a site for 'tips' and for 'sleep aids', sounds machines and bedding - and not a niche for major 'ebooks' - unless you write a book so boring it's guaranteed to put people to sleep.
      I've done quite a bit of research. There are people with websites generating leads for doctors. There are people selling equipment, mattresses, and pillows. And of course, there are the pharma companies selling sleep aids. There was one person with a course on clickbank, but her website was crap and she wasn't sending any paid traffic to it. (She's a nurse, so I assume she refers enough people that way to keep the site up.)

      Anyway, I should have been clear, I'm wondering why there is no competition for sleep better courses. I don't make mattresses and I'm not looking to get into the pharma business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352919].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

        I've done quite a bit of research. There are people with websites generating leads for doctors. There are people selling equipment, mattresses, and pillows. And of course, there are the pharma companies selling sleep aids. There was one person with a course on clickbank, but her website was crap and she wasn't sending any paid traffic to it. (She's a nurse, so I assume she refers enough people that way to keep the site up.)

        Anyway, I should have been clear, I'm wondering why there is no competition for sleep better courses. I don't make mattresses and I'm not looking to get into the pharma business.
        Search Google for this:

        https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...r+sleep+course

        The Sleep Doctor and Udemy come up with courses for sale.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352931].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author v3nge
          Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

          Search Google for this:

          https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...r+sleep+course

          The Sleep Doctor and Udemy come up with courses for sale.
          I stand corrected, for whatever reason I didn't see those before. So there are a few courses online.

          So it seems there is some competition there. Thanks for that!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353248].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

        Anyway, I should have been clear, I'm wondering why there is no competition for sleep better courses. I don't make mattresses and I'm not looking to get into the pharma business.
        Probably because most people have been sleeping pretty much since birth, so they think they know how to sleep.

        Unless they have a problem, they don't believe they need someone to teach them how to sleep. In other words, they don't see the problem as a lack of knowledge. They usually see sleep problems as the result of some external factor, from stress/worry to too much bean dip.

        Most of the sites/products mentioned above tend to deal with those external factors. Which leads to thousands or more quickie articles and tips lists, most accompanied with either a buy button, affiliate link or sponsorship disclaimer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353025].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

        I've done quite a bit of research. There are people with websites generating leads for doctors. There are people selling equipment, mattresses, and pillows. And of course, there are the pharma companies selling sleep aids. There was one person with a course on clickbank, but her website was crap and she wasn't sending any paid traffic to it. (She's a nurse, so I assume she refers enough people that way to keep the site up.)

        Anyway, I should have been clear, I'm wondering why there is no competition for sleep better courses. I don't make mattresses and I'm not looking to get into the pharma business.
        What could you possibly sell in a course to make someone sleep better?

        Tell them to buy a better mattress or pillow?

        Seriously, what would be included in a course? I don't think you or anyone else can talk someone into sleeping better. Please don't say, turn off phones or pull down window shades.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author risan14
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post


      A quick look tells me this is a site for 'tips' and for 'sleep aids', sounds machines and bedding - and not a niche for major 'ebooks' - unless you write a book so boring it's guaranteed to put people to sleep.
      That is a good idea. If you hire writers for such a book, be specific, they will be amazed with requirements.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

    Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?

    Could it be that you don't know how to assess competition? I think so.

    Doing a very quick Google search I find over 30 million SERPs including digital paid products in "how to sleep" type ebooks and courses.

    Go to Amazon books and search on the string below:
    "sleep disorders"

    Here are the results: 1-12 of over 8,000 results for

    Books : Health, Fitness & Dieting : Diseases & Physical Ailments : Sleep Disorders :

    To say there is "no competition" suggests you just don't understand how or where to find it.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352971].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author v3nge
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      Could it be that you don't know how to assess competition? I think so.

      Doing a very quick Google search I find over 30 million SERPs including digital paid products in "how to sleep" type ebooks and courses.

      Go to Amazon books and search on the string below:
      "sleep disorders"

      Here are the results: 1-12 of over 8,000 results for

      Books : Health, Fitness & Dieting : Diseases & Physical Ailments : Sleep Disorders :

      To say there is "no competition" suggests you just don't understand how or where to find it.

      Steve
      Like I said, I should have mentioned I'm talking about direct competition when it comes to the online course format. Obviously there are products and services related to sleep...

      However, as someone else pointed out, I did miss some keywords, so there does seem to be some competition.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    About 10 years ago I had a lot of success promoting a stop snoring device. Moved on to other projects over the years, but I'm sure its still a viable niche to consider.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cearionmarie
    There is, it's just called differently other that "sleep better".
    Signature

    Cearion Uy - Marketing Advisor
    www.influencerauditor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimmyGraham
    Im testing one of my hypnosis programs for insomnia right now.
    Small test but getting 20-30 clicks to the product page, no sales yet after 2 days.

    I wanted to capture leads, but Im not sure what would be a good lead magnet as Im assuming people who cant sleep just want a solution, not information
    Signature

    Jimmy Graham -MindPowerPrograms ]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by JimmyGraham View Post

      Im testing one of my hypnosis programs for insomnia right now.
      Small test but getting 20-30 clicks to the product page, no sales yet after 2 days.

      I wanted to capture leads, but Im not sure what would be a good lead magnet as Im assuming people who cant sleep just want a solution, not information
      Here's one idea...

      Write a small report on some of the causes of insomnia and how hypnosis can/has overcome them. Don't get too salesy here, and furnish outside corroboration for what you say (like a study in a bona fide medical journal).

      You want to make a case for A hypnosis program. Then finish up with a link to YOUR program for more specific information. Remember, your lead magnet isn't the selling vehicle. It's the key to unlocking the vehicle. Your lead magnet makes the case for a solution and starts creating the "know, like and trust" position in the lead's mind.

      Both your lead magnet and your follow up emails lead people to your sales page, which does the actual selling.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

    Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?
    I haven't played around in this yet.

    I haven't really seen any real products that catch my eye. There are some, but they just don't appeal to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11356357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    The reason is simple.

    Because anyone can find answers via both Google and Youtube search where there are dozens and dozens of solutions offered.

    But while those worked for certain people, they do not work for everybody.

    Like for my case, if I don't sleep well, I simply watch TV or listen to music via iPhone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11359767].message }}
  • Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

    Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?
    What makes you assume nobodys in that niche? There are TONS of websites ranking for all sleep related, and even mattress review types of keywords and phrases...

    Would love to know what research method you used to determine nobody is in it?
    Signature

    Donate Now: Help the Warrior Forum Come out of it's 3rd world state!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360064].message }}
  • Do it. Go into the niche and create a small priced info-product, and see how they respond. In fact, just create a free ebook and squeeze page and see if people subscribe to your email newsletter. If they do, and they do in masses.... you might have a good chance at making it work. There's a lot of free info on everything on the internet. Heck there's probably a lot of free info about YOU on the internet. Most people are just too lazy to do the research and put a product and system together.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Haris Tahic
    Mobile apps (both Android and iOS) are flooding the niche. Try your luck there...
    Signature
    Great investment opportunity! Click HERE! <-- Permanent traffic!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sioh Boon Yap
    Originally Posted by v3nge View Post

    Curious, has anyone ever tried to get into the "sleep better" niche? And why do you think there is no competition?
    Very interesting subject. Why no one choose sleep better niche after all we have to sleep everyday. For me, this subject could be too broad and nothing to sell in particular. If you could narrow down the topic such as how to sleep better everyday or the importance to sleep better everyday, I think you could create a group of people who have this problem and share their thought. Eventually, someone would get something to promote in this topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366149].message }}
  • It may be because of all the free info out there, but there's lots of free info in relation to other niches too. It could be because there are many factors that cause sleep problems, making it quite a complex problem to solve. I haven't checked, but if there aren't many affiliate programs out there for the niche, it normally means people with the problem aren't prepared to pay for the solution.
    Signature
    Why You And 98% Of Affiliates Are Failing Online Go Here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    Sorry...I dozed off.
    Signature
    Gone Fishin'...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mostCPA
    In fact, this niche, insomnia, is a very large problem and there are literally millions of people continuously searching for help.

    Market Size & Worth
    1 -Global Insomnia Market was valued at $4 billion in 2016
    2 -It is estimated to reach $5 billion by 2023
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author franamico
    Typically, if in a niche there's no competition, there's no starving crowd for it.
    Have you checked on Google keyword planner the search volume for the related keywords?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11370560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I am pretty sure more than 1 person is in it Or no niche would exist. At least with billions of humans on planet earth.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382185].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics