What are the best article directories?

9 replies
Hey guys,

I've been wondering around the forum lately checking several posts and a question arose. Can you name the best choices for article directories?

So far i only know about GoArticles and EzineArticles.

Also can anyone clarify if i have to pay EZA to get instantly approved articles or can i move up to some status like they had before (now i just can't find those rules and how do they apply).

Thanks for your help guys.

TheGodfather
#article #directories
  • Profile picture of the author tommen
    These article directories are great:
    Articlecity.com
    Ideamarketers.com
    Associatedcontent.com
    Buzzle.com
    Amazines.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1281564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    The best article directories are those that are not adsense farms ... Pay close attention because those that you see that have adsense all over the place and then have ads for junk marketing products and then have ads for cpa offers.

    These article directories are trying to sell to "YOU" because they do not have any type of marketing plan and most of the time the traffic will only be from authors. If an article directories is hittting you with ads on every single page of the site then it is best probably to stay clear because they have no idea what marketing is.

    If they do not understand proper marketing then they obviously are not going to help you drive traffic to your article.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1281868].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
      If I could mash the thanks button more than once I would wear it out on this reply .

      Never did understand how a directory could edit for being commercial and then have ads competing against you

      Website articles dot net is a great directory with no ads whatsoever . Just don't think you can get by with junk articles . But then again this is why the spiders camp out there so much .




      Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

      The best article directories are those that are not adsense farms ... Pay lose attention because those that you see that have adsense all over the place and then have ads for junk marketing products and then have ads for cpa offers.

      These article directories are trying to sell to "YOU" because they do not have any type of marketing plan and most of the time the traffic will only be from authors. If an article directories is hittting you with ads on every single page of the site then it is best probably to stay clear because they have no idea what marketing is.

      If they do not understand proper marketing then they obviously are not going to help you drive traffic to your article.

      James
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1281963].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
        Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post

        If I could mash the thanks button more than once I would wear it out on this reply .

        Never did understand how a directory could edit for being commercial and then have ads competing against you

        Website articles dot net is a great directory with no ads whatsoever . Just don't think you can get by with junk articles . But then again this is why the spiders camp out there so much .
        Thanks Troy... This is the exact reason why I have a 100% ad free article directory. The authors are posting to make money and sell their good/services, why on earth would I want to slap their articles with junk ads and stupid google ads...

        As of late I have even been getting "marketing" emails from some article directories. They are getting so desparate with their poor marketing that they must use their authors list to spam you with junk products.

        James
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1282291].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
          Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

          They are getting so desparate with their poor marketing that they must use their authors list to spam you with junk products.
          LOL.... good one, well i don't mind the article directories having advertisement on their pages i just don't like them creating links out of my random words and using them to promote junk products.
          Signature

          TheGodfather

          Perception is reality

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1282321].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
            Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post

            LOL.... good one, well i don't mind the article directories having advertisement on their pages i just don't like them creating links out of my random words and using them to promote junk products.
            Oh that is not the best one ... Get this ..

            Add-Articles (If I remember) just sold their site to someone else. So they send out an email to let all the authors know. Ok no problem, that was nice of them...

            But .........

            When you read the rest of the email it is nothing more than an adevrtisement for a "new" membership site they are launching for junk resell rights products. They asked all authors to go and join..

            Ok wait a minute, you just sold the site to a new owner and you are trying to get those members to follow you to another site... Hmm.. A little questionable on that one.

            James
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1282364].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
              Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

              Oh that is not the best one ... Get this ..

              Add-Articles (If I remember) just sold their site to someone else. So they send out an email to let all the authors know. Ok no problem, that was nice of them...

              But .........

              When you read the rest of the email it is nothing more than an adevrtisement for a "new" membership site they are launching for junk resell rights products. They asked all authors to go and join..

              Ok wait a minute, you just sold the site to a new owner and you are trying to get those members to follow you to another site... Hmm.. A little questionable on that one.

              James
              Actually that's what a forum did several times in a row. It was a warez forum and they had enormous traffic and i'm talking about tens of thousands hits a day.

              So one day they decide to sell their domain, and they got about $1 mil. for it, (not 100% sure on the number) enormous amount of money. So a day before they gave the admin rights to the guy they send a email to all members inviting them to their new site (same subject and all). So we all moved there, to the new site, and the guy that bought the domain ended up with about 30 hits a day until the rest of the members didn't notice that the forum was sold...

              BRILLIANT MARKETING STRATEGY
              Signature

              TheGodfather

              Perception is reality

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1282403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Ames
    This is the best one in the world: It's just fantastic!!

    Article Directory - Article Marketing Community


    Right Allen Graves?
    Signature

    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. -Winston Churchill

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1282314].message }}

Trending Topics