This is embarrassing...

13 replies
Hey Warriors,

I've been doing affiliate marketing for a year now. I have a relationship blog that I just got serious about a few months ago that's doing okay the traffic and sales growth is looking good. I'm just waiting for google to do its thing.

I also decided to get into the 'get out of debt niche'. But with very limited success. My best opt-in page is converting at an abysmal 2.24%! I'm promoting a CPA pay-per-call campaign and I didn't think it would be so hard to get people to just call a phone number for a free debt analysis from a company with an A+ BBB rating but I'm just lost.

If anyone that's in the 'get out of debt niche' is willing to offer some advice I'd be eternally grateful!
#embarrassing
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Originally Posted by Notright View Post

    My best opt-in page is converting at an abysmal 2.24%!
    There's a miss-match between your traffic and your offer.

    One of them has to change.

    Maybe post your copy in the copywriting board and you'll be given some improvements.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Notright
      My facebook ad is targeted towards people considering bankruptcy. There is no section for people who just have a lot of debt
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dilipcybex
    It is normal for Google to promote old and big websites than new ones. Google wants you to build trust first. This happens mainly when big sites links to your website. Also there is some 6 month sandbox period in which no matter how hard you work, there will be no spike in traffic. You have organically improved traffic in this period, but no huge spikes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asector
    You must think of the service/ offer type you're going to promote. Is it something that relates to huge amount of money ? You should then give your traffic a chance to get listed on your opt-in first. Cause, they're not going to take action right away!

    Try to engage more closely through email. I would better suggest you to install a live chatting support software with your website, and ask your traffic what they are looking for, how useful they're getting your website & try to help them calling to the phone number with step by step instruction!

    Using your instant chatting feature, you will easily be able to evaluate your traffic, landing page & offer. Also, try to improve your landing page as much as you can including info regarding your promoted company, comparison among the other companies etc.

    Again, email optin should be your Golden chance to increase your leads in future. All the best!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365730].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Notright
      Originally Posted by Asector View Post

      You must think of the service/ offer type you're going to promote. Is it something that relates to huge amount of money ? You should then give your traffic a chance to get listed on your opt-in first. Cause, they're not going to take action right away!

      Try to engage more closely through email. I would better suggest you to install a live chatting support software with your website, and ask your traffic what they are looking for, how useful they're getting your website & try to help them calling to the phone number with step by step instruction!

      Using your instant chatting feature, you will easily be able to evaluate your traffic, landing page & offer. Also, try to improve your landing page as much as you can including info regarding your promoted company, comparison among the other companies etc.

      Again, email optin should be your Golden chance to increase your leads in future. All the best!
      Oh I would do that but I can't even get them IN my funnel in the first place. On FB I made a video telling me debt story. It's decent because I'm down to 17 cents a click on it but they won't opt in.

      I've tried offering the following:
      A Dealing with Debt Collectors Cheat Sheet
      An e-book going over options to get out of debt
      Another e-book now how to get out of debt
      A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE TRIP!
      I tried to sell the free debt analysis as a contest (I'm promoting a CPA offer)

      I'm out of ideas at this point. They just won't bite!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mostCPA
    While pay per call is primarily a B2C vehicle, it can work with a strict IVR and longer duration.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Notright View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I've been doing affiliate marketing for a year now. I have a relationship blog that I just got serious about a few months ago that's doing okay the traffic and sales growth is looking good. I'm just waiting for google to do its thing.

    I also decided to get into the 'get out of debt niche'. But with very limited success. My best opt-in page is converting at an abysmal 2.24%! I'm promoting a CPA pay-per-call campaign and I didn't think it would be so hard to get people to just call a phone number for a free debt analysis from a company with an A+ BBB rating but I'm just lost.

    If anyone that's in the 'get out of debt niche' is willing to offer some advice I'd be eternally grateful!



    Maybe the CPA vendor page sucks at conversions. Just because it's a vendor doesn't mean they have a clue how to sell anything.

    Does their page/process suck?
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11366988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Notright
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Maybe the CPA vendor page sucks at conversions. Just because it's a vendor doesn't mean they have a clue how to sell anything.

      Does their page/process suck?
      They use a quiz style conversion process. The fact that they're willing to pay $28 just for an email address and a phone number tells me this is a tough industry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11369658].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
        Originally Posted by Notright View Post

        They use a quiz style conversion process. The fact that they're willing to pay $28 just for an email address and a phone number tells me this is a tough industry.
        Have you considered other niches?
        Signature
        $1 Billion Free Traffic Loophole - 10 Done For You Free Traffic Software Tools
        Get FREE Traffic Right Now! >>>
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11370132].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Notright
          Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

          Have you considered other niches?
          Oh I have other sites. I'm just trying at this one because it has a $396 epc...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11370361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Consider if there's a MATCH between your offer, and the market.

    I mean the opt in page, the freebie and the market. Probably there isnt and it may be the cause of your lack of conversions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11368082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AshleyRivera
    I would take a better look at the market and see if something there can be altered. Can you broaden your target to people who want to get out of debt instead of just people who are considering bankruptcy?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11370129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I'd think of ways you're inspiring folks to trust you. Like; what free content do you offer - asking for nothing in return - to increase goodwill? Consider writing blog posts, creating videos, podcasts and as much solid, helpful content as possible, no strings attached. When folks see you are giving freely, their guard goes down, and those click rates will increase. All about being generous and you align with human beings who dig what you do, who trust you and who boost those clicks steadily.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11376192].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics