What Will I Do If I Start All Over Again?

by amuro
21 replies
Here is what I will do if I have to start all over again.

1. Know what I am good at. Can be IM or other things like investing, health and fitness, manga drawing, playing guitar, personal development, sports etc.

2. Find, connect and build relationships with a group of people related to my niche through Facebook and Meetup groups as well as other networking events. At least 500-1000 pax.

3. Follow up with and invite them to join MY Facebook / Meetup group.

4. Once they joined, that is when I provide more info and tips through my articles, blog posts, e-books and videos.

5. Through these, they will be educated and begin to trust me as one able to help them.

6. Once that happens, that is when I begin to recommend products and services be it others I am helping to promote as affiliate or my own.

You see, guys and gals, my point is very simple.

Most marketers will tell you to pick a niche and top selling product from Clickbank, JVZoo, Warrior Plus or their own products.

Then they ask you to design a squeeze page, promote through free and paid advertising to get leads and sales as well as do email marketing.

I am very sorry to tell you this.

That is TOTAL BS.

When I say this, I am not referring to those methods above.

They worked.

What I am referring is the angle they position you in your marketing.

Now here is the fundamental truth which I mentioned before in my previous post.

People DON'T Just Buy From People
They Buy From Those They KNOW, LIKE and TRUST
Based on what they need or want.

Especially when it comes to info products be it e-books, video tutorials, memberships and even coaching programs.

But when it comes to physical products from Amazon, AliExpress or E-Bay, that is a different story.

Sure you can do free and paid advertising.

But both cost you time and money with 50-50% chance of success.

My good friend David Donovan Lee - who is into MLM promoting health products from Nuskin - once told me this:

Regarding of what you promote,
At the end of the day, it is about getting people to see your offer.
And that offer is based on what they need and what they want.


Having come from Singapore where our government and people - especially seniors / baby boomers - placed a lot on social and community values, I can honestly tell you.

Though most of my young fellow compatriots don't see it.

Nothing BEATS Selling To People
Who Know, Like And Trust You
Based On Their Needs And Wants


Whether you are promoting on-or-offline or through free and paid marketing methods.

If you are able to connect and build relationships with people who are better than you and not so good and want to learn from you,

That is when magic starts to happen.

Financially and emotionally.

To you and others.
#start
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
    Some good advice here.

    If I had to start all over one thing I would do differently, is I would save up my money and pay for 1-on-1 coaching with somebody who has already achieved what I'm setting out to achieve. Then I would put my blinders on and just do exactly what my coach instructs me to do.

    It wasn't until I got a mentor that my business really began to take off, but it took me about 6 years before I realized the importance of having proper guidance from an expert.

    Trial and error works too, but it can take a long time to figure things out, and get consistent results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crackhouse
    exactly, this is why building an email list is so important. Selling to your existting customers, having a list of people who already trust you and readdy to business with you you, is the KEY to success in this game.
    Signature
    I sell backlinks on some of the most lucrative editorial websites in the world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by amuro View Post

    Here is what I will do if I have to start all over again.

    1. Know what I am good at. Can be IM or other things like investing, health and fitness, manga drawing, playing guitar, personal development, sports etc.

    2. Find, connect and build relationships with a group of people related to my niche through Facebook and Meetup groups as well as other networking events. At least 500-1000 pax.

    3. Follow up with and invite them to join MY Facebook / Meetup group.

    4. Once they joined, that is when I provide more info and tips through my articles, blog posts, e-books and videos.

    5. Through these, they will be educated and begin to trust me as one able to help them.

    6. Once that happens, that is when I begin to recommend products and services be it others I am helping to promote as affiliate or my own.

    You see, guys and gals, my point is very simple.

    Most marketers will tell you to pick a niche and top selling product from Clickbank, JVZoo, Warrior Plus or their own products.

    Then they ask you to design a squeeze page, promote through free and paid advertising to get leads and sales as well as do email marketing.

    I am very sorry to tell you this.

    That is TOTAL BS.

    When I say this, I am not referring to those methods above.

    They worked.

    What I am referring is the angle they position you in your marketing.

    Now here is the fundamental truth which I mentioned before in my previous post.

    People DON'T Just Buy From People
    They Buy From Those They KNOW, LIKE and TRUST
    Based on what they need or want.

    Especially when it comes to info products be it e-books, video tutorials, memberships and even coaching programs.

    But when it comes to physical products from Amazon, AliExpress or E-Bay, that is a different story.

    Sure you can do free and paid advertising.

    But both cost you time and money with 50-50% chance of success.

    My good friend David Donovan Lee - who is into MLM promoting health products from Nuskin - once told me this:

    Regarding of what you promote,
    At the end of the day, it is about getting people to see your offer.
    And that offer is based on what they need and what they want.


    Having come from Singapore where our government and people - especially seniors / baby boomers - placed a lot on social and community values, I can honestly tell you.

    Though most of my young fellow compatriots don't see it.

    Nothing BEATS Selling To People
    Who Know, Like And Trust You
    Based On Their Needs And Wants


    Whether you are promoting on-or-offline or through free and paid marketing methods.

    If you are able to connect and build relationships with people who are better than you and not so good and want to learn from you,

    That is when magic starts to happen.

    Financially and emotionally.

    To you and others.
    Good for YOU.

    You say;
    People DON'T Just Buy From People
    They Buy From Those They KNOW, LIKE and TRUST
    Based on what they need or want.


    I don't recall a single name of the people I have bought a new car from, my TV, in fact almost everything in my house, can't recall a single person. Barely remember my Realtor, and I wasn't particularly fond of her either.

    In fact, I may argue that 90% of everything we buy, including big purchases, are NOT because of knowing and LIKING someone.

    I like my tailor, but he's a small part of my wardrobe. Same with shoe maker. Didn't buy those Jordan's because some guy in a shoe store was likable.

    A billion dollars of EdenPure heaters were sold by remote means, and it wasn't because anyone liked the people selling them. Truth is, very little of what people want and need are purchased BECAUSE of a relationship.

    Your very narrow view may have some truth when hawking IM products, but even then, a bond doesn't have to happen. I may not care for Tony Robbins, but it doesn't stop me from buying his books. If anything in this post is total BS, it might not be what you say it is.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377800].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

      Good for YOU.

      You say;
      People DON'T Just Buy From People
      They Buy From Those They KNOW, LIKE and TRUST
      Based on what they need or want.


      I don't recall a single name of the people I have bought a new car from, my TV, in fact almost everything in my house, can't recall a single person. Barely remember my Realtor, and I wasn't particularly fond of her either.

      In fact, I may argue that 90% of everything we buy, including big purchases, are NOT because of knowing and LIKING someone.

      I like my tailor, but he's a small part of my wardrobe. Same with shoe maker. Didn't buy those Jordan's because some guy in a shoe store was likable.

      A billion dollars of EdenPure heaters were sold by remote means, and it wasn't because anyone liked the people selling them. Truth is, very little of what people want and need are purchased BECAUSE of a relationship.

      Your very narrow view may have some truth when hawking IM products, but even then, a bond doesn't have to happen. I may not care for Tony Robbins, but it doesn't stop me from buying his books. If anything in this post is total BS, it might not be what you say it is.

      GordonJ
      If people only bought from those they liked, I'd be living in a cardboard box.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377804].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        If people only bought from they liked, I'd be living in a cardboard box.


        Jeff Bezos would be worth $11.87.

        ...and living in a cardboard box.

        Instead, he sells to anyone with a dollar in their pocket and is worth $140 billion.

        F%$# that cardboard box.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377819].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Jeff Bezos would be worth $11.87.

          ...and living in a cardboard box.

          Instead, he sells to anyone with a dollar in their pocket and is worth $140 billion.

          F%$# that cardboard box.
          F%$# being liked. Don't like me, just love my work. lol
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377826].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author amuro
          Because the products he sell have high perceived value and more affordable than offline stores.

          If I sell physical products, I will just advertise since I am also marketing from Amazon.

          Amazon has its own autoresponder to track and follow up with prospects who visited or filled the order form halfway but did not buy.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        If people only bought from they liked, I'd be living in a cardboard box.

        Or in a van down by the river.

        Mark
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377822].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

          Or in a van down by the river.

          Mark
          Just up the road from Big Frank.
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377827].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        If people only bought from those they liked, I'd be living in a cardboard box.
        Maybe, but you'd still be able to make money by sounding like a guru:

        "How To Make Millions Per Year Living In A Cardboard Box".
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381890].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

          Maybe, but you'd still be able to make money by sounding like a guru:

          "How To Make Millions Per Year Living In A Cardboard Box".


          "Homeless person sells cardboard box for millions?"

          This way you're not making any claims, lmao.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark-Dickenson
    I think the original poster makes a good point...but like all things, there are exceptions to every rule.

    I used the Raving Fans business model to build both my Mortgage business for 10 yrs and my Internet Marketing business for the past 10 yrs.

    It certainly works...Ben Settle is a good example of the opposite.

    He actually wants to be polarizing. Makes for good publicity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11377805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by Mark-Dickenson View Post

      I think the original poster makes a good point...but like all things, there are exceptions to every rule.

      I used the Raving Fans business model to build both my Mortgage business for 10 yrs and my Internet Marketing business for the past 10 yrs.

      It certainly works...Ben Settle is a good example of the opposite.

      He actually wants to be polarizing. Makes for good publicity.
      He says this:

      they ask you to design a squeeze page, promote through free and paid advertising to get leads and sales as well as do email marketing.

      I am very sorry to tell you this.

      That is TOTAL BS.


      YOU should be especially offended. BECAUSE, he is calling your sig file offer, TOTAL BS. Right?

      The offer is for a simple 3 step system, and the steps Mike says are:

      1-Drive tageted traffic to a simple squeeze page.
      2- Offer that traffic a free gift to convert them into email subscribers.
      3- Send those subscribers valuable content and offers.

      The EXACT 3 steps that produces over $1,000.00 a DAY for Mike, is what he is calling BS. So what did you find in the OP that is a good point?

      Or am I wrong?

      GordonJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffiliatiCloaker
    After reading this, I wonder, when is the moment when you realise you need to start again. Maybe when you lost everything or when you don't feel comfortable with what I'm doing right now!!
    you choose that moment. Anyway thank you in advance for that information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenhenbie
    I spent years not having a list and often think of the money I have lost by not collecting any email or such.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    That system is too intensive

    Thankfully, there are tried and proven shortcuts out there

    I see your point though... build a brand first

    But for those looking for faster (although shallow) results, curated content and 'cross pollination marketing' are more to the point.

    Still, solid informaton on relationship marketing. Should always definitely be part of any success equation
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Yessir.

    Learn a skill. Develop that skill thru practice. Serve people with that skill. Build your friend network to gain trust. Be everywhere. Profit while having fun.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381635].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Yessir.

      Learn a skill. Develop that skill thru practice. Serve people with that skill. Build your friend network to gain trust. Be everywhere. Profit while having fun.

      How many friends are in your "network"?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Yes, but what are you saying is building a Brand.

    Setting up a SQUEEZE PAGE and BUILD YOUR LIST is the first step to build your brand: of course you cannot limit yourself from this, but you have to "popolate" google search results with your content, and to engage people, in order to make people trust you delivering good things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381924].message }}
  • phrase. If you say that something is happening all over again, you are emphasizing that it is happening again, and you are suggesting that it is tiring, boring, or unpleasant.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11389498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmarke
    If I had to start over again...The #1 thing I would do is do research on list building and email marketing and then build a list of subscribers.


    I wasted a lot of time and effort in the beginning because I did not want to be paatient enough to build and optin list.


    You will find most successful marketers have an optin list because it's a source of free recurring traffic to your offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11389604].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics