1. Know what I am good at. Can be IM or other things like investing, health and fitness, manga drawing, playing guitar, personal development, sports etc.
2. Find, connect and build relationships with a group of people related to my niche through Facebook and Meetup groups as well as other networking events. At least 500-1000 pax.
3. Follow up with and invite them to join MY Facebook / Meetup group.
4. Once they joined, that is when I provide more info and tips through my articles, blog posts, e-books and videos.
5. Through these, they will be educated and begin to trust me as one able to help them.
6. Once that happens, that is when I begin to recommend products and services be it others I am helping to promote as affiliate or my own.
You see, guys and gals, my point is very simple.
Most marketers will tell you to pick a niche and top selling product from Clickbank, JVZoo, Warrior Plus or their own products.
Then they ask you to design a squeeze page, promote through free and paid advertising to get leads and sales as well as do email marketing.
I am very sorry to tell you this.
That is TOTAL BS.
When I say this, I am not referring to those methods above.
What I am referring is the angle they position you in your marketing.
Now here is the fundamental truth which I mentioned before in my previous post.
People DON'T Just Buy From People
They Buy From Those They KNOW, LIKE and TRUST
Based on what they need or want.
Especially when it comes to info products be it e-books, video tutorials, memberships and even coaching programs.
But when it comes to physical products from Amazon, AliExpress or E-Bay, that is a different story.
Sure you can do free and paid advertising.
But both cost you time and money with 50-50% chance of success.
My good friend David Donovan Lee - who is into MLM promoting health products from Nuskin - once told me this:
Regarding of what you promote,
At the end of the day, it is about getting people to see your offer.
And that offer is based on what they need and what they want.
Having come from Singapore where our government and people - especially seniors / baby boomers - placed a lot on social and community values, I can honestly tell you.
Though most of my young fellow compatriots don't see it.
Nothing BEATS Selling To People
Who Know, Like And Trust You
Based On Their Needs And Wants
Whether you are promoting on-or-offline or through free and paid marketing methods.
If you are able to connect and build relationships with people who are better than you and not so good and want to learn from you,
That is when magic starts to happen.
Financially and emotionally.
To you and others.