One of the worst mistakes that people make is to appeal to everyone. This is wrong! You need to know how to define your target audience.
Appealing to everyone is the wrong way to go. You're not only spending your time, but also your budget on something that won't get you results.
Defining your target audience in business is used to select qualified people that might be potential customers.
Your first steps defining your target audience were done when you were just a kid. From an early age that you choose the people you want to spend the most time with, who you want to date, who you want to surround yourself with, who you want to go out with, etc.
For everything you do in business, you should always focus on the people who matter you the most and that will benefit the most from what you offer.
Today, I'm going to teach you exactly what you need to do to define your target audience and make sure you're targeting the right people for your business.
If you're just starting a busines here's why this is important:
1. Defining your target audience will help you understand not only what their real problem is but what they have tried and how you can give them the holy solution.
2. After you have your audience and you know who to sell to, you should craft an offer based on the information that you collected.
The end goal of knowing your target audience should always be to create a relationship with them. People are opportunities!
The way you're gonna do this is by once again understanding your audience and what they want, give it to them and they will end up coming to you. To get you need to give first!
Three types of people in your audience:
1. The person that will buy your offer
2. The person that has a word before your buyer can buy
3. The person who supports you
The first person is who we wanna focus on. This can be a person or company, depending on if you're selling B2B or B2C. Don't forget that in the end of the buying process there's always a person. In business words you might be selling B2B or B2C but you're always selling P2P (People to people).
4 steps to create a target audience:
1. Create the most complete description of the ideal client
2. Identify their personal and professional motivations and pains
3. Identify how you will help them achieve their goals
4. Create a plan to achieve results
Feel free to comment. Anything I can help with just let me know