TOOLS VS STRATEGY: Why Most People Fail.

45 replies
Newbie Marketers are obsessed by the tools.

The glittering guru had told him that without the tool X, with the most advanced features, they will stuck at the end of the row.

So they ask:

Do i have to BUY Clickfunnels? Convertri? The Autoresponder with the function to send sticky images while the customer is in the bathroom?

No, no, no.

The problem why people are not selling ISN'T the tool.

It's not due you miss the last jvzoo discount timer price, with must-have functions of popping up your message in your site while you're sleeping.

It's the CORE STRATEGY.

The Strategy behind all the posts, tools, video, youtube channels, etc, you are making.
Frequently indeed people are just 'build a community', with nothing to sell.

They think "i'll check later".

Or they tend to join 7473729... facebook groups with the solely purpose of posting images like "Wanna make money? Write info below": What kind of leads do you think they jump in? Desperate ones with zero effort to appy the strategies.

Personally i don't want people who constantly dub system to system, and do not want to receive more than one email per day: do you really want to build a sustainable business and you get upset to receive more than one mail? Why? Cause you have jumped in too many quick rich scheme? Bye!

The Stategy belongs to:

- Having products to sell (no matter if yours or affiliate ones)
- Identify a Niche: is there a niche for that products? Do these products solve a problem?

You see the first points are hand in hand.

- Build Your List through givin away an insight of the solution for their problem.

- Infotaintement: get people engage, and present your offer as the solution.

- Advertise your UPS (Unique Selling Proposition) and constanly build Your Email List.

- Content Marketing: people have to find you in google. Spread your content everywhere is searchable. But don't miss Social Network too. Of course, link to your opt in page everywhere.

What sort of complicated tools you need?

A simple autoresponder like Aweber or Getresponse or whatever
A simple landing page builder like Leadpages or OptimizePress.

Stick with simplest ones: the most important feature of an autoresponder is delivering your mail. The most important feature for landing page builder at the beginning is be fast, simple, and adaptable.

Concentrate all your effort in LEARNING PERSUASION, Strategy and TEST it.

Not wasting time with technical features which bring no money in your hungry pocket.
#fail #people #strategy #tools
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I think JohnVianny has a great point. When marketing online, you need to put yourself in a position where you can profit, even at half of the standard results are. If you can imagine yourself in the worst position possible and still come up on top... then your pretty much have a great unique selling proposition (USP) that your competitors don't.

    Think about classic direct marketing in the early 1900's. No internet. No phone. They had to write and market so intelligently to the point where someone would pull out a check, fill it out, send it in the mail, and wait weeks for their product to (hopefully) arrive.

    Keep this mindset in mind, and you're on your way to being a great marketer.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398237].message }}
    • Haha strange to think back on but true

      Definitely have fun and you're never working still productive tho

      Result-based sales I think will start changing this where you follow through with the transaction after services rendered and client is satisfied

      Awesome advice

      Also surrounding yourself with people who are also doing it is a big part trying to go at this alone to me seems ridiculous

      I think front loading a service is important for just that reason because if they're on the fence and they say okay let's do this then you can show them results before asking for a hardcore commitment this helps ease them into realizing following systems tools strategies communities they can start to see this reality working for them self
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel1000
      Ah, Direct marketing. You can never go wrong if you study them.

      I was reading The Gary Halbert Letters today and it never ceases to amaze me how he was able to sell to people who were paying for his newsletter without coming off, once, as being a hungry salesman.

      It may have something to do with the way he framed his offers like he was doing you a favor. Priceless. Or maybe it was his constant yet subtle promotion of himself and his skill.

      Either way, his direct marketing lessons are still applicable today.
      Signature

      What happens after you drive traffic to a page? How do you convert them to customers? Take our free email course to find out how to attract and convert more customers.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11407901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Accessite
      That a great point
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sean1776
    Totally agreed. Especially in "People have to find you in google."
    Be the best of the best, then people start to believe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    The strategy definitely John, and the execution on that strategy and most of all, the energy behind the executing. Big difference maker. I did smart things for years blogging-wise, but backed my actions largely with a fear-filled, lack and loss energy. So I struggled. But when I blogged from an abundant, chill, fun vibe mainly, success flowed in with greater ease, as I worked less, played more and gave little thought to outcomes.

    Rocking post dude.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luis La Torre
    Awesome Post Johnny. You cover some great points and issues that are going on in today's world of internet marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seo medo
    Awesome Post for internet marketing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhushan3339
    Or they tend to join 7473729... facebook groups with the solely purpose of posting images like "Wanna make money? Write info below": What kind of leads do you think they jump in? Desperate ones with zero effort to appy the strategies. <<<<

    This is everywhere on Social Networking Platforms ....people brag about the achievement and try to Upsell you Garbage.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    This is the difference between tool-mindset and marketing-mindset.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399762].message }}
  • Tools are awesome. they can help you save time and money IF they fit into your strategy.

    Your strategy determines what type of tool best suits you, a simple email management system or something really complicate and automates everything including the kitchen sink.\

    Create a strategy first. Set up your system before you buy your tools.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boblev
    "Concentrate all your effort in LEARNING PERSUASION,"

    You nailed it in that one sentence. You can have all of the best tools with the finest education and the determination to get er done, with excess traffic to boot....and still fail miserably if you don't know how to S-E-L-L

    I would say that the art of persuasion as relates to copywriting is probably the first dam thing a new marketer should study before anything else.

    Try this experiment, log into to jvzoo sometime and look for products to promote as an affiliate, sort by launch date and scroll through the pages of failed launches that didn't sell a single copy.

    I guarantee that if you click through to those vendor sales pages you will immediately see why.

    Bob
    Signature

    "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hamshan
    Nice suggestion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thereikid
    Great post I totally agree. Only you will make you successful but tools and help you achieve your goals if you know what you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Owsley
    Very sound advice JohnVianny. The new tool or "Shiny Object" that will be what finally makes me $1 million per month just like the Guru said is something that many of us get caught up in during our entrepreneurial journey. Many people go down this rabbit hole and waste thousands of dollars and don't understand why they haven't had any success.
    Some people waste so much time with new tools, getting their website ready, studying this or that (analysis paralysis) but never make money from online business because they don't want to learn to sell. It's more comfortable to keep preparing, studying, and buying that one more thing that they have to learn before they can start getting customers.
    One of the reasons I decided to start a business is that I knew it would force me to expand myself beyond what I was comfortable with. Having to market your business means you will have network with people, make videos, podcast, go door to door, make cold calls, send cold emails, or whatever to get the word out about what you do. This can be very discomforting for some people especially if they are used to just going to work, keeping their head down and collecting a pay check.
    Thank you for this post because it will help a lot of people understand what will be required of them if they want to be successful not just in business but almost anything else they do in life.

    Done is better than perfect!!!

    Get out there and do it!

    -Enjoy your outcome
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by JohnVianny View Post

    Concentrate all your effort in LEARNING PERSUASION, Strategy and TEST it.



    I won't say that marketers don't need to be persuasive . . . but there is another approach, a different simpler approach . . .


    Have you ever stopped to consider that some very successful marketers focus their efforts on putting their offers in front of prospects who are ready to buy right now! These are folks that already have their minds made up on making the purchase - they don't need to be persuaded at all.


    To me, selling to people that don't need to be persuaded but simply need to "pull the trigger" on the offer is really the ultimate kind of selling.


    In this kind of selling, timing is very important . . . so is understanding exactly what your prospects are looking for, what they will pay for it, and how you can reach them. All these questions can be answered by your online marketplace research.


    The best to all of you,


    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author boblev
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      I won't say that marketers don't need to be persuasive . . . but there is another approach, a different simpler approach . . .


      Have you ever stopped to consider that some very successful marketers focus their efforts on putting their offers in front of prospects who are ready to buy right now! These are folks that already have their minds made up on making the purchase - they don't need to be persuaded at all.


      To me, selling to people that don't need to be persuaded but simply need to "pull the trigger" on the offer is really the ultimate kind of selling.


      In this kind of selling, timing is very important . . . so is understanding exactly what your prospects are looking for, what they will pay for it, and how you can reach them. All these questions can be answered by your online marketplace research.


      The best to all of you,


      Steve

      All true, and any newbie (and some oldies) reading this thread should print out your answer and read it every day until they understand every word of it!

      I would add that even when a prospect is "ready to buy" you have put them to the test and ask for the money.....

      cause if you give them the option of putting the decision off until tomorrow, that is exactly what they will do!

      Bob
      Signature

      "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salsym
    Originally Posted by JohnVianny View Post

    Newbie Marketers are obsessed by the tools.

    The glittering guru had told him that without the tool X, with the most advanced features, they will stuck at the end of the row.

    So they ask:

    Do i have to BUY Clickfunnels? Convertri? The Autoresponder with the function to send sticky images while the customer is in the bathroom?

    No, no, no.

    The problem why people are not selling ISN'T the tool.

    It's not due you miss the last jvzoo discount timer price, with must-have functions of popping up your message in your site while you're sleeping.

    It's the CORE STRATEGY.

    The Strategy behind all the posts, tools, video, youtube channels, etc, you are making.
    Frequently indeed people are just 'build a community', with nothing to sell.

    They think "i'll check later".

    Or they tend to join 7473729... facebook groups with the solely purpose of posting images like "Wanna make money? Write info below": What kind of leads do you think they jump in? Desperate ones with zero effort to appy the strategies.

    Personally i don't want people who constantly dub system to system, and do not want to receive more than one email per day: do you really want to build a sustainable business and you get upset to receive more than one mail? Why? Cause you have jumped in too many quick rich scheme? Bye!

    The Stategy belongs to:

    - Having products to sell (no matter if yours or affiliate ones)
    - Identify a Niche: is there a niche for that products? Do these products solve a problem?

    You see the first points are hand in hand.

    - Build Your List through givin away an insight of the solution for their problem.

    - Infotaintement: get people engage, and present your offer as the solution.

    - Advertise your UPS (Unique Selling Proposition) and constanly build Your Email List.

    - Content Marketing: people have to find you in google. Spread your content everywhere is searchable. But don't miss Social Network too. Of course, link to your opt in page everywhere.

    What sort of complicated tools you need?

    A simple autoresponder like Aweber or Getresponse or whatever
    A simple landing page builder like Leadpages or OptimizePress.

    Stick with simplest ones: the most important feature of an autoresponder is delivering your mail. The most important feature for landing page builder at the beginning is be fast, simple, and adaptable.

    Concentrate all your effort in LEARNING PERSUASION, Strategy and TEST it.

    Not wasting time with technical features which bring no money in your hungry pocket.
    Very Well written post. Brought lots of clarity to mind. I am happy that somebody seconded that what I am doing is correct. So, my doubt got removed.. Thanks mate
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by JohnVianny View Post

    Newbie Marketers are obsessed by the tools.

    The glittering guru had told him that without the tool X, with the most advanced features, they will stuck at the end of the row.

    So they ask:

    Do i have to BUY Clickfunnels? Convertri? The Autoresponder with the function to send sticky images while the customer is in the bathroom?

    No, no, no.

    The problem why people are not selling ISN'T the tool.

    It's not due you miss the last jvzoo discount timer price, with must-have functions of popping up your message in your site while you're sleeping.

    It's the CORE STRATEGY.

    The Strategy behind all the posts, tools, video, youtube channels, etc, you are making.
    Frequently indeed people are just 'build a community', with nothing to sell.

    They think "i'll check later".

    Or they tend to join 7473729... facebook groups with the solely purpose of posting images like "Wanna make money? Write info below": What kind of leads do you think they jump in? Desperate ones with zero effort to appy the strategies.

    Personally i don't want people who constantly dub system to system, and do not want to receive more than one email per day: do you really want to build a sustainable business and you get upset to receive more than one mail? Why? Cause you have jumped in too many quick rich scheme? Bye!

    The Stategy belongs to:

    - Having products to sell (no matter if yours or affiliate ones)
    - Identify a Niche: is there a niche for that products? Do these products solve a problem?

    You see the first points are hand in hand.

    - Build Your List through givin away an insight of the solution for their problem.

    - Infotaintement: get people engage, and present your offer as the solution.

    - Advertise your UPS (Unique Selling Proposition) and constanly build Your Email List.

    - Content Marketing: people have to find you in google. Spread your content everywhere is searchable. But don't miss Social Network too. Of course, link to your opt in page everywhere.

    What sort of complicated tools you need?

    A simple autoresponder like Aweber or Getresponse or whatever
    A simple landing page builder like Leadpages or OptimizePress.

    Stick with simplest ones: the most important feature of an autoresponder is delivering your mail. The most important feature for landing page builder at the beginning is be fast, simple, and adaptable.

    Concentrate all your effort in LEARNING PERSUASION, Strategy and TEST it.

    Not wasting time with technical features which bring no money in your hungry pocket.
    Agreed. Unfortunately I think many people see tools as a magic pill that will propel them to success. One thing that I recommend to people is do it manually a few times, then determine if spending the money will actually be worth that automation. Sometimes this is not applicable, but it's the general point.

    Also IMO if you aren't making money, the only tools you should buy are a tracker (hosting and domain as well but those aren't really tools) and an autoresponder. That's all you need to get started in terms of tools IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jenny Vox
    Completely agree!!!
    Actually, this is not just methodology.
    1. Lake of Team Involvement
    2. Execution
    3. decision making

    These are the main reason strategy fail in small business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400234].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickyz1
    True, you can crash it online with simple tools instead of running around with the latest money-making tools. but a newbie will never understand that until he has lost enough.
    Signature

    Make $100 to $500 a day by trading bitcoin free video. Watch a free video and start earning with your bitcoins today

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400732].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Hunsons
    It's both important, strategy and tool. once you use any tool, you have to make up strategy to use it wisely and in time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KyeM
    Awesome post, definitely easy to get blinded at the start by all the 'shiny' objects.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cearionmarie
    This was a great post. Don't become too reliant to tools as a sharper mind can device great strategies.
    Signature

    Cearion Uy - Marketing Advisor
    www.phlanx.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ahmed Asghar
    it is only useful when you use tools with a good strategy both goes hand in hand
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thereikid
    Great post I agree!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulfrank65
    I think one really have to maintain the synchronization with the all
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11409059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ncinsure90
    Thanks for this post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11409078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    The strategy is most important yes.I also agree with you that newbie marketers are obsessed with gadgets (shiny objects)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11409756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SmartClicks
    I agree, its not all about tools!
    strategy is important, an even more important factor is the value you're delivering. In today's world, if you're not delivering serious Value everyday it doesnt matter how fancy or complicated your tools are.
    Signature

    Tired of wasting money on traffic that doesnt convert?Grab my FREE Traffic Report http://stopthemadness.win

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Klark Devlin
    This is a very vital topic. I have often encountered such people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dipesh chamling
    Actually this is the great post and the title was so engaging I landed up here. I previously posted a reply but was removed by moderator as unintelligible feel sorry for not describing properly. actually I was supporting the strategy part like mentioned above said why people don't get sells? because people tends to offer only their products to buy but not the solution of what people want. if only you can make clear and provide solution to the problem people have they will buy your service. It's what reality is.
    But tools are also the important factor which plays great role when making your strategy more powerful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Thanks to ALL the supportive messages!

    I try to respond to all but nowadays i have limited time since i'm workin to my strategy and have to syncronize lots of streams of contents everywhere...

    Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

    I think JohnVianny has a great point. When marketing online, you need to put yourself in a position where you can profit, even at half of the standard results are. If you can imagine yourself in the worst position possible and still come up on top... then your pretty much have a great unique selling proposition (USP) that your competitors don't.

    Think about classic direct marketing in the early 1900's. No internet. No phone. They had to write and market so intelligently to the point where someone would pull out a check, fill it out, send it in the mail, and wait weeks for their product to (hopefully) arrive.

    Keep this mindset in mind, and you're on your way to being a great marketer.
    Marketing Principles in fact are the same, just different enviroments, platforms, to approach.
    Cause the humanity still respond to the same triggers.

    Originally Posted by sean1776 View Post

    Totally agreed. Especially in "People have to find you in google."
    Be the best of the best, then people start to believe.
    Yes, today i'm just focusin to spread the contents everywhere, in different streams, in order to provide value WHICH IS DIRECTED to the CTA of optin in my opt in page.

    Organic traffic in one of the red brick to implement to everyone

    Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

    The strategy definitely John, and the execution on that strategy and most of all, the energy behind the executing. Big difference maker. I did smart things for years blogging-wise, but backed my actions largely with a fear-filled, lack and loss energy. So I struggled. But when I blogged from an abundant, chill, fun vibe mainly, success flowed in with greater ease, as I worked less, played more and gave little thought to outcomes.

    Rocking post dude.

    Ryan
    Bloggin still be a good way to establish an authority: of course the people now have a little span of attention, so you have to produce videos etc. in addition

    Originally Posted by bhushan3339 View Post

    Or they tend to join 7473729... facebook groups with the solely purpose of posting images like "Wanna make money? Write info below": What kind of leads do you think they jump in? Desperate ones with zero effort to appy the strategies. <<<<

    This is everywhere on Social Networking Platforms ....people brag about the achievement and try to Upsell you Garbage.....
    The problem is the people who fall in these ponzi scheme: desperate people who speark to other desperate people

    Originally Posted by affmarketer101 View Post

    This is the difference between tool-mindset and marketing-mindset.
    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

    I won't say that marketers don't need to be persuasive . . . but there is another approach, a different simpler approach . . .


    Have you ever stopped to consider that some very successful marketers focus their efforts on putting their offers in front of prospects who are ready to buy right now! These are folks that already have their minds made up on making the purchase - they don't need to be persuaded at all.


    To me, selling to people that don't need to be persuaded but simply need to "pull the trigger" on the offer is really the ultimate kind of selling.


    In this kind of selling, timing is very important . . . so is understanding exactly what your prospects are looking for, what they will pay for it, and how you can reach them. All these questions can be answered by your online marketplace research.


    The best to all of you,


    Steve
    Dan Kennedy always talks about psychological manipulation etc, there is reason why.

    Selling is telling the "truth well said" but you have to emerge using psychological warfare.

    Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

    Agreed. Unfortunately I think many people see tools as a magic pill that will propel them to success. One thing that I recommend to people is do it manually a few times, then determine if spending the money will actually be worth that automation. Sometimes this is not applicable, but it's the general point.

    Also IMO if you aren't making money, the only tools you should buy are a tracker (hosting and domain as well but those aren't really tools) and an autoresponder. That's all you need to get started in terms of tools IMO.
    Beginners only need an autoresponder and a service like leadpages. Even with hosting you are relying on third party.
    But Leadpages can afford any amount of traffic, and you can buy a domain at least with a redirect or use the leadpages link

    Originally Posted by Daniel1000 View Post

    Ah, Direct marketing. You can never go wrong if you study them.

    I was reading The Gary Halbert Letters today and it never ceases to amaze me how he was able to sell to people who were paying for his newsletter without coming off, once, as being a hungry salesman.

    It may have something to do with the way he framed his offers like he was doing you a favor. Priceless. Or maybe it was his constant yet subtle promotion of himself and his skill.

    Either way, his direct marketing lessons are still applicable today.
    Direct Marketing is my bread and butter since i'm an Email Marketer: totally agree. Check also Ben Settle Email Players.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vasskachk
    I adore your posts, which are permeated with depth of thinking. Indeed, in order for you to do something, you must definitely concentrate all your efforts on training and after that always learn and learn all your life. Only in this way everything will turn out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11414267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jen Eick
    It's a great point, and one that those new to IM especially should be aware of.

    There are programs, and there are products.

    Most programs are a method of doing xyz, like the "flash in the pan" methods.

    Whereas products are tools you purchase to implement a long-range plan of action. (e.g., autoresponder, or a particular graphics program) - they depend on your goals and your strategy.

    For those newer to IM, it can be hard to learn the difference, and even when you do, it can still be hard to tell the difference.

    I always recommend steering clear of buying anything other than knowledge that tells you what you're supposed to be doing, until you actually know what you're supposed to be doing - in order to avoid getting blinded by those bright, shiny objects along the way. If it involves push-button anything, steer clear.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11414624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopEssayServices
    very interesting information, I really like it because it can add insight for me more broadly, thank you very much for this extraordinary information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11417267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    I like this thread alot. Thank you to the OP. Man... if people could just forget all the shiny objects, and realize that its just about common sense and a good plan... Just get the tools along the way , as you need them.... but you dont need as much as you think you do. The BIGGEST thing is your plan and your idea. You can even make things work that dont make sense technically... Just FIGURE IT OUT... Really. Make a plan that makes sense (non technically), and forget all the voices. Its really all about reaching a person who wants to hear what you have to say. Super basic. JF Straw's site was super basic. It was about his basic thing... the knowledge, understanding, and passion he shared. Thats what matters. The rest is just glitter.

    A car with a column shifter from the 1950's will still get you to work and back. It will still get you the same result.... My car has brains... its pretty cool... but the basic thing I need it to do is no different than one with a column shifter, and if I had to get somewhere, it would get me there all the same. Think of what really makes a transaction work. Its basic. Find that most basic way.... and throw some glitter on later if you want.

    For instance... I think there are much easier ways to get business than cold calling.... maybe not quicker, but easier... My whole thing is that, if you feel overwhelmed by everything else thats out there.... cold calling is a basic plan that works like the column shifer, and doesnt fail...even though it isnt glittery.

    You want to sell something? Start calling people and you will come across a person who wants to hear you. Super basic. Maybe not slick and glittery, but it gets you there without fail.

    Even the slick techniques of cold calling may be cool... but they arent needed. You dont need to be optimal from the start... you just need to get the result. Optimize along the way.... The basic truth is that if you ask enough people if they are interested, someone will say yes. Work from there.... Im just using cold calling as an example. Get slicker over time, but for now, just do the basic thing that will get you to the result.

    In this very moment, start sharing knowledge and put a link in your sig. That is an action that makes common sense. Its not being a pro at adwords, but its a simple, workable thing. Super basic , and it will get you optins. Start somewhere, and get a good result. The rest will unfold itself along the way.

    If you even got only one sale in a month, at least your friends wont think you are crazy and you have proven that something works. Most of all, you proved it to YOURSELF... you will grow from there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11417305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vasskachk
    Only beginners use only tools. The nonsensical professional uses both strategy and tools. It is necessary to be able to combine correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11417432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by vasskachk View Post

      The nonsensical professional.
      Please explain or define.

      Added 4 days, later: Crickets!
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11417814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BacklinkzTopper
    Impressive!
    Thanks for sharing this informative post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11417793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneynetwork
    This post shows the secret of success in affiliate marketing, and I must confess it has solved my problem,Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneynetwork
    There is something we call a sustainable winning strategy, not a get rich quick one that will run for some time and automatically expired.The strategy supersede the tool, however a good tool enhances your performance and make your strategy more effective and efficient.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian5
    Great job. Continue doing it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420531].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics