printing and shipping customised T-shirts

15 replies
We are planning to launch an apparel shop (mainly T-shirts) and sell to an already existing large audience.

In an ideal scenario, the customer would order through our website, the order would get sent to the printing company, they'd print the shirts and ship to the customer.

I actually found a business that does just that - https://www.streetshirts.co.uk

All would be perfect, however they don't have the shirt type and quality I am looking for.


Anybody knows of a similar site, which offers printing on T-shirts that we'd sent to them ?
(I've already contacted a supplier that has the exact shirt we need).

Or a completely different approach ?
#customised #printing #shipping #tshirts
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    There are probably 100s of sites that can do this. I have familiarity with Spreadshirt - they also, like Zazzle, for instance, do mugs and other tchotchkes. You can find a lot of suppliers by checking Spotify.

    Probably your best bet for finding the best solution is to checkout the UKs T-Shirt Forum...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Originally Posted by McCloud94 View Post

    Anybody knows of a similar site, which offers printing on T-shirts that we'd sent to them ?
    Doubting that one. These companies make more selling you the shirt they are printing for you, than through the printing, itself. They buy those shirts for close to nothing, by the hundreds of thousands.

    Or a completely different approach ?
    Find a screen printer in your area. They are more likely to be willing to print on shirts that you supply.
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by McCloud94 View Post

    Anybody knows of a similar site, which offers printing on T-shirts that we'd sent to them ?

    You need to do some research on the marketplace for custom t-shirts.


    There are dozens and dozens of companies that will take your designs, print them on customer-ordered t-shirts, and ship them to the buyer for you. It's mostly hands off (for you) except the marketing.


    In addition, you can take it one step further and place your designs on t-shirts from companies that are already marketing their inventory for you. You earn a commission every time your design is purchased. You can make commissions without marketing (although it is much more profitable to add your own marketing and send your traffic to the t-shirt seller).


    The point is, all of what you want is already available from multiple outlets. But you need to understand this very competitive marketplace, how it works, and the alternatives available.


    IMO, there is more money to be made and much less hassle by outsourcing the whole sell-print-ship process and you focus on coming up with great designs.


    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      You need to do some research on the marketplace for custom t-shirts.
      I've looked into this in the past. I only found one company that would print on shirts that we would supply to them as they were custom designed shirts that they could not replicate.

      The price for them doing so was the same price as if they were printing on their shirts.

      They definitely do all they can do dissuade one from taking this route. In the end, we went with a local screen printer.

      Cheers.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11410590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author McCloud94
    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

    IMO, there is more money to be made and much less hassle by outsourcing the whole sell-print-ship process and you focus on coming up with great designs.
    Steve
    that's exactly what I am trying to do... what exactly do you mean by outsourcing in this case ?

    Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

    I've looked into this in the past. I only found one company that would print on shirts that we would supply to them as they were custom designed shirts that they could not replicate.

    The price for them doing so was the same price as if they were printing on their shirts.

    They definitely do all they can do dissuade one from taking this route. In the end, we went with a local screen printer.

    Cheers.
    ye, that's probably what I am going to do as well...
    How did you then handle the orders from customers and shipping the shirts to them ?

    You're doing everything by yourself ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by McCloud94 View Post

      tye, that's probably what I am going to do as well...
      How did you then handle the orders from customers and shipping the shirts to them ?

      You're doing everything by yourself ?
      My client would drop off the shirts with their custom design and pick them up just a few days, later. This particular screen-printer offered no other services. Everything else was on the the client.

      Obviously not a great solution for a large-scale operation, but this was a boutique venture and the client was able to handle all other aspects of fulfillment.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redone111
    There is Printful.com and have good qulaity products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411638].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Hodgins
      Originally Posted by redone111 View Post

      There is Printful.com and have good qulaity products
      Suggestion seconded. They also plug the app right into Shopify, so sales platform is nearly seamless.

      ~Jay
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newton
    There's dozens of them nowadays.


    It really depends on your location and what type of shirts you are looking for. Printful, GearBubble, Printify, Inkthreadable are all good.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techwizard
    So, If I understand that well you're looking for a "Print on demand" company.


    I would suggest Teelaunch, Teescape or Printful, We have tried all of them and the 3 offer a very good quality with a large choice of styles.


    All these companies have an app that you can integrate with Shopify and Woocommerce (the later with Printful & Teescape).


    You can auto fulfill orders directly by selecting that option from your admin dashboard.


    The Shipping rates are quite good (starting from $3.99 for USA orders and for small packages).


    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author McCloud94
      Originally Posted by techwizard View Post

      So, If I understand that well you're looking for a "Print on demand" company.


      I would suggest Teelaunch, Teescape or Printful, We have tried all of them and the 3 offer a very good quality with a large choice of styles.


      All these companies have an app that you can integrate with Shopify and Woocommerce (the later with Printful & Teescape).


      You can auto fulfill orders directly by selecting that option from your admin dashboard.


      The Shipping rates are quite good (starting from $3.99 for USA orders and for small packages).


      Good luck!
      thanks! just out of curiosity, which of those 3 did you find the best ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robby Chandra
    do you have a special application for designing clothes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dout
    I've sold hundreds of thousands of t-shirts over the years.
    But, got out of it last year. Competition has driven the price way down.

    You have 4 options. I've used each of them.

    1. Print on demand company.

    Pros: They will print and ship it for you fairly quickly
    .
    Cons: Price is usually high. They use direct to garment technology which is not as good as screen printing.


    2. Contract Printer

    Pros: Lowest price and high quality.

    Cons: You need a large volume. They will only ship in bulk.


    3. Local Printer

    Pros: Easiest and quickest to work with. They are hungry for business. You can check on the quality.

    Cons: Most can't handle large rush orders. They probably won't ship for you.


    4. Set up your own printing

    Pros: You have complete control. After set up the cost per shirt will be the lowest.

    Cons: Upfront cost. Learning yourself or hiring and managing staff.


    If I was starting a new t-shirt company I would go with the Local Printer and then expand to the Contract Printer when I had the volume.
    Signature
    IM ROUNDUP
    Curating the Best of Internet Marketing


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thejames
    We're currently using Gearlaunch and Prinitfy and they've been working great.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11488116].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics