How To Get Them To Use My Referral Link?

by GS12
16 replies
I am an Affiliate for an investment bot that makes the customer money when they invest and get ROI for it. I get a % of the customer's profits for life if they use my referral link.

What kinds of benefits can I give to the customer if they use my referral link? So they don't just open up a new tab and sign up themselves?

(As opposed to saying "Please use my referral link sir!" like every other schmuck?)

I'm guessing letting them join an exclusive community, being their consultant about the product, support, etc? What else?
#link #referral
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author boblev
    I won't recommend cookie stuffing because it's unethical.

    An investment newsletter could work depending on your expertise in the subject.

    Exclusive bonuses are good if they are relevant and unique.

    Bob
    Signature

    "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    What top marketers do is add a 'product' or 'bonus' to the referral link....if someone signs up through the link you provide they get a free blueprint or quickstart guide or whatever....to help them get started with the product you are selling.


    The main reason some people will avoid an affiliate link is because they think they might pay more than if they go directly to the source. Or - they might be looking for another affiliate link that offers a freebie for signing up.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    I'm going to work on being less condescending
    (Condescending means to talk down to people)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    The biggest benefit to offer someone G; be helpful to earn their trust. If you create a content rich blog post, and link up, people click the link and sign up under you because they know you're an expert.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418835].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GS12
      Originally Posted by boblev View Post

      I won't recommend cookie stuffing because it's unethical.

      An investment newsletter could work depending on your expertise in the subject.

      Exclusive bonuses are good if they are relevant and unique.

      Bob
      I will create an investment newsletter along with an exclusive community that is "$2,400 worth of value" for free. Along with a free $1997 course (Already made). In addition, the value of me being their "Consultant".

      Whatcha think about that FREE VALUE?!

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      What top marketers do is add a 'product' or 'bonus' to the referral link....if someone signs up through the link you provide they get a free blueprint or quickstart guide or whatever....to help them get started with the product you are selling.


      The main reason some people will avoid an affiliate link is because they think they might pay more than if they go directly to the source. Or - they might be looking for another affiliate link that offers a freebie for signing up.
      Dude! I am going to offer more then a shitty eBook. I will offer a $2,400 annual membership to my community for free, a $1997 course for free, and full customer support for any help they ever need with the product I refer them to (Endless)

      You have to understand, this Customer LTV for 1 year alone is $1,500 PROFIT to me and it compounds each year as the customer grows their profits.

      So I REALLY need them to use my referral link.

      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      The biggest benefit to offer someone G; be helpful to earn their trust. If you create a content rich blog post, and link up, people click the link and sign up under you because they know you're an expert.

      Ryan
      Yes sir. I will create rich content. But Im going to create a persuading landing page and drive PAID traffic to it too.

      ---

      BIG QUESTION: I'm going to create a Landing Page around this.

      1st Landing Page (Lead Magnet) - Give them the "investment secret" in exchange for their email

      2nd Landing Page (Referral Link) - I explain the "Why, What, and How" behind the investment concept.. and then I tell them WHY they should use MY referral code (insert the big 3 benefits of exclusive community, free course, and full customer support).

      But HOW should I structure the 2nd landing page? Should it be a sales page? (I'm using click funnels btw)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    So - if you have all this already planned, why are you asking the simple question in the OP?


    Value of $1997 course and $2400 worth of value - is valid if someone has PAID that much for those items. Claims like that are why I sometimes DON'T click on an affiliate link.





    Dude!

    Ummmm- that would be 'dudette'.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    I'm going to work on being less condescending
    (Condescending means to talk down to people)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newton
    Provide something of REAL value. Tell them they will only get it IF they sign up via your link.
    Signature
    Check Out My Blog For Affiliate Marketing Tips => Click Here <=

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418875].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GS12
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      So - if you have all this already planned, why are you asking the simple question in the OP?


      Value of $1997 course and $2400 worth of value - is valid if someone has PAID that much for those items. Claims like that are why I sometimes DON'T click on an affiliate link.








      Ummmm- that would be 'dudette'.
      Dudette!

      Oh come on, everyone knows that its the norm to do that in IM. You're an internet marketer so that's why you're a Skeptical Suzie about it.

      General public just wants value, plain and simple.

      Otherwise, what's your suggestion?

      Also, I don't have it planned man. Its in rough draft mode and I'm getting feedback to tweak it.

      Originally Posted by newton View Post

      Provide something of REAL value. Tell them they will only get it IF they sign up via your link.
      Exactly! I already have an exclusive community, a $2,000 course, and being their consultant all for FREE.

      What else can I provide?

      PS: Please help me with the landing page aspect of this. Should I tell them to get in a consultation with me to find out the secret OR should I tell them the entire concept, put a referral link with our benefits listed, AND give the OPTION of a consultation if they need more 1 on 1 help with it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by GS12 View Post

    What kinds of benefits can I give to the customer if they use my referral link?

    I would suggest there are many, many ways to accomplish what you want.


    First, understand that getting the sign-up right now through your link is important. If people leave your offer without taking the action you want, chances are very good that you will not see them again. A few might end up buying the investment bot later ... but they will probably go right to the source and not hunt to find your referral link.


    Second, I would first offer to help your prospects personally to make the purchase. Tell them you'll call or chat with them to answer any questions they may have. Tell them that you'll help them set things ups and you'll give them some pointers ways to maximize the use of the bot so they earn the greatest investment possible. Tell them of your direct experience using the bot and how you have made $XXXXX yourself with the system. You do have personal experience making money with the bot, right? If not, you shouldn't be promoting it. Affiliates that promote blindly almost always fail.


    Third, I think whatever you offer in the way of bonuses or add-ons ought to be directly related to the product (service) itself. Like the following:
    • How to install or set up the product
    • How to use or benefit from the product
    • Examples or case studies of everyday folks that were successful in getting the most benefit out of the product
    • Ways to automate or enhance your time spent in using the product
    • Things to not do when using the product
    • Places to go online where strategies/tactics/methods are discussed
    • Where to find online communities, user groups, forums, of other owners of the product
    • Who and how to contact support if needed or the product fails
    • Your own personal findings and experiences with the product
    Basically, you want to enhance and magnify the use and results of the product by saving the buyer time and making sure that he/she gets the full benefit of the purchase. You are the product mentor. Think of all the product-related "goodies" that you can offer that no one else will.


    Good luck,


    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Yes, usa a bonus.

    But take in mind that people who open a new tab, cut your referral link, copy and paste the domain...

    ....they won't be your good customers anyway.


    Cloack the url using a domain with mask.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boblev
    You don't say whether you are concentrating on portfolio management , cryptocurrency or something else....

    You shouldn't be designing anything until you can clearly define your customer avatar.

    You have to find out what your ideal user wants and give them some of it in advance in order to build trust.

    You would get better answers around here if you would start off by laying all of your cards on the table instead of playing a cat mouse game of 'oh, you thought I'm a newbie cause I'm asking newbie type questions, so why are your answers so lame'....

    Example, you could have started the thread by telling us what you are promoting, the lead magnet you plan on using, the traffic source you are using and then explained that you are stumped about where to go after you get the initial sign up....

    As it stands, nobody has enough clear information to give any meaning full advice.

    Bob
    Signature

    "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GS12
      Originally Posted by boblev View Post

      You don't say whether you are concentrating on portfolio management , cryptocurrency or something else....

      You shouldn't be designing anything until you can clearly define your customer avatar.

      You have to find out what your ideal user wants and give them some of it in advance in order to build trust.

      You would get better answers around here if you would start off by laying all of your cards on the table instead of playing a cat mouse game of 'oh, you thought I'm a newbie cause I'm asking newbie type questions, so why are your answers so lame'....

      Example, you could have started the thread by telling us what you are promoting, the lead magnet you plan on using, the traffic source you are using and then explained that you are stumped about where to go after you get the initial sign up....

      As it stands, nobody has enough clear information to give any meaning full advice.

      Bob
      Ok. Thanks for that Bob. You're right. I've clearly answered your questions below and look forward to your advice based on what you see. This has also opened my eyes/clarified it all a bit more for me.

      Customer Avatar - Cryptocurrency Investor, Stock Investor, and Passive Income Seekers.

      What They Want - To make money during the bear market of Crypto. To make passive income. To get higher returns.

      What I'm Selling - A Cryptocurrency bot that makes you a certain % per day/month if you invest in it. Passive income for the investor. I get a % of all investor profits that I refer to sign up the bot.

      Lead Magnet - "The Investment Secret" (which is me explaining the bot) if they opt-in. Then it goes to the next landing page when they sign up.

      Traffic Source - Facebook/Google Ads (Targeted and Paid)

      Where I'm Stumped - I'm stumped on how to get them to the initial investment into the bot AFTER I get their email. Sure, I can explain it to them.. but how can I convince them to click on the referral link and sign up? Should I give them an option of a 1 on 1 consultation or just put the referral link there after listing the benefits of why they should use my referral link?

      Let me know please.

      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      I would suggest there are many, many ways to accomplish what you want.


      First, understand that getting the sign-up right now through your link is important. If people leave your offer without taking the action you want, chances are very good that you will not see them again. A few might end up buying the investment bot later ... but they will probably go right to the source and not hunt to find your referral link.


      Second, I would first offer to help your prospects personally to make the purchase. Tell them you'll call or chat with them to answer any questions they may have. Tell them that you'll help them set things ups and you'll give them some pointers ways to maximize the use of the bot so they earn the greatest investment possible. Tell them of your direct experience using the bot and how you have made yourself with the system. You do have personal experience making money with the bot, right? If not, you shouldn't be promoting it. Affiliates that promote blindly almost always fail.


      Third, I think whatever you offer in the way of bonuses or add-ons ought to be directly related to the product (service) itself. Like the following:
      • How to install or set up the product
      • How to use or benefit from the product
      • Examples or case studies of everyday folks that were successful in getting the most benefit out of the product
      • Ways to automate or enhance your time spent in using the product
      • Things to not do when using the product
      • Places to go online where strategies/tactics/methods are discussed
      • Where to find online communities, user groups, forums, of other owners of the product
      • Who and how to contact support if needed or the product fails
      • Your own personal findings and experiences with the product
      Basically, you want to enhance and magnify the use and results of the product by saving the buyer time and making sure that he/she gets the full benefit of the purchase. You are the product mentor. Think of all the product-related "goodies" that you can offer that no one else will.


      Good luck,


      Steve
      Thanks so much Steve.

      Getting the sign up now - I completely agree that I need to not just get in an opt-in now, but also the referral sign up. Maybe I should also put a countdown clock on my landing page too.. (Eg. 1 hour left to sign up before this awesome deal of getting ALL these benefits by using our referral link ENDS...)

      To answer your question of use case, yes myself and my business partners have used the bot and made money from it. Thus, we understand it inside and out AND can answer all the questions you listed along with providing the services you listed.

      I like the concept of being the "Product Mentor" to earn the referral %.

      Mind you, we are LITERALLY creating a full time business out of purely referring this product. (We will obviously diversify our revenue streams in the future, but first need to get cashflow from this coming in to do that).

      Therefore, we are structuring our initial brand around this product, acting as "The Consultants" for this product.

      I think we come across as "Consultants" for this product, we will seem even more credible purely from a marketing point of view when it comes to the name.

      BUT....

      My main BIG question is this.

      I'm creating the funnel right now on CF. I've created the lead magnet landing page. But where I'm STUCK is how should I structure my 2nd landing page (where I offer them the referral link and explain the bot)?

      My GOAL after I get the email sign up is to get them to sign up with the bot and make an investment.

      Options:

      1) Provide JUST the referral link on the landing page

      2) Provide BOTH the referral link AND a 1 on 1 consultation option

      What do you think is the best way to do the CTA after explaining the bot to them on the landing page?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        Originally Posted by GS12 View Post

        What do you think is the best way to do the CTA after explaining the bot to them on the landing page?

        I would suggest Option #1 - Provide JUST the referral link on the landing page.


        Here's why: you want to avoid confusion (hence, indecision) at all costs. To do that, you just have one choice or option (link) on the page. Click it or not.



        Since you already have the prospect's contact information (from your initial lead magnet squeeze page), you can still contact him/her to give further support, encouragement, answer questions, and provide another CTA if they don't give you the sign-up immediately. Phone followup would be great if you can. I'm sure you've seen the email followup format before . . . "John, I noticed you haven't joined our community of investors yet. Many have already earned back their investment in CryptoBot and are now experiencing significant additional income . . . yada, yada." Be positive, truthful, and upbeat.



        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419380].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GS12
          Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

          I would suggest Option #1 - Provide JUST the referral link on the landing page.


          Here's why: you want to avoid confusion (hence, indecision) at all costs. To do that, you just have one choice or option (link) on the page. Click it or not.



          Since you already have the prospect's contact information (from your initial lead magnet squeeze page), you can still contact him/her to give further support, encouragement, answer questions, and provide another CTA if they don't give you the sign-up immediately. Phone followup would be great if you can. I'm sure you've seen the email followup format before . . . "John, I noticed you haven't joined our community of investors yet. Many have already earned back their investment in CryptoBot and are now experiencing significant additional income . . . yada, yada." Be positive, truthful, and upbeat.



          Steve
          Very interesting insight Steve. Killing indecision with one straightforward option.

          After they sign up, I will chase them up to set up a consultation anyways (as I know that way I can get them to trust us more and invest more along with relationship building).

          Agreed about the follow up emails (That will be in my autoresponder email sequences for the segment that bounced off the page).

          You sure even saying something like "PS: If you would like a 1 on 1 free consultation on ARB, click here to schedule a quick call with us." wouldn't hurt?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rooms now
    offer free PDF, quality exclusive content and make your user believe authentic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jen Eick
    Hopefully I am understanding the flow of your funnel correctly.

    Offer the affiliate link immediately as a redirect upon signing up for your list.

    Additionally, in the freebie you offer, explain the benefits they'll get:
    - You'll get access to my xyz
    -You'll also get my exclusive xyz
    -All by clicking this link.
    (You might even add - "These exclusive bonuses can only be obtained through my link" - however you want to phrase it.)

    A small portion of your visitors will sign up directly through your redirect and be amazed at the value you offer afterward when you follow up - a nice bonus they were not expecting.

    The rest will see the immense value when you paint the picture for them in your freebie report.'

    Either way, you can follow up by email to present your larger offers such as the consultation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GS12
      Originally Posted by Jen Eick View Post

      Hopefully I am understanding the flow of your funnel correctly.

      Offer the affiliate link immediately as a redirect upon signing up for your list.

      Additionally, in the freebie you offer, explain the benefits they'll get:
      - You'll get access to my xyz
      -You'll also get my exclusive xyz
      -All by clicking this link.
      (You might even add - "These exclusive bonuses can only be obtained through my link" - however you want to phrase it.)

      A small portion of your visitors will sign up directly through your redirect and be amazed at the value you offer afterward when you follow up - a nice bonus they were not expecting.

      The rest will see the immense value when you paint the picture for them in your freebie report.'

      Either way, you can follow up by email to present your larger offers such as the consultation.
      Makes sense. I can avoid confusion about consultation (and reduce my already massive 1,000-1,200 word count on my landing page) by just mentioning it in the follow up emails.

      Besides, people who click on the link will likely not need a consultation instantly anyway to sign up. The skeptical people will need someone actually following up to get them to sign up.

      I just need to phrase the BONUS value and the GENERAL value of the product itself in the Landing page.

      I hope 1,000-1,200 words isn't too long. I explained a quick story (of myself and my founders using it) + the why/what/how behind the product + the CTA (bonuses if they use my link and why they should use my link).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420556].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics