The question is... Should This product have it's own domain or should it stay on our corporate site?
I believe it should have it's own domain for these main reasons...
1. It will allow itself to stand in the face of users looking for that specific service immediately.
2. With it being a separate domain, you can use related keywords that will allow us to rank allowing our company to occupy addition real estate on SERP's.
3. You can build strong back links.
I don't agree it should be brought into our corporate site for these main reasons.
1. It will get buried in our site so people have to find it... Sure maybe 1 or 2 clicks away, but they won't see it immediately.
2. It might cause confusion with visitors from our other service offerings (which are not SaaS models)
3. You can't optimize it as efficiently as you would on another domain cause all your strong keywords/phrases are already being used.
Now, I agree that we can and should advertise on our corporate site and then link it the SaaS domain.
Your thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.