How To Pitch 200 Investors Per Day?

by GS12
10 replies
My investment product that I am an Affiliate Marketer for requires me to do Direct Messaging to investors.

It is myself and my 2 co-founders focusing on direct marketing every single day.

Our goal is to contact at least 200 investors every single day in total between the 3 of us.

To do this, we currently have to our disposal:

A) 1,000 investor email list (cold list I got from someone)

B) 3 LinkedIn Premium Accounts (with limits to how many InMails we can send)

We will do things like content marketing, paid traffic, referrals, etc ONCE we have built our FOUNDATION via Cold Messaging investors.

This product has a minimum $250 investment amount, so anyone can invest in it really. But we are targeting more sophisticated/bigger fish type of investors (eg. people with an average of $5,000-$10,000+ minimum investments).

---

2 QUESTIONS TO YOU

1) What do you suggest I can do to hit our target of pitching 200 investors per day between 3 of us? (Eg. what channels, platforms, mediums, etc)

2) Would it be viable for me to send endless Connection Requests on LinkedIn with my message in the "Add A Note" section?
#200 #day #investors #pitch
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Obermair
    Re: Question Number 2... As an investor in numerous areas (real estate, oil and gas and internet businesses), if you pinged me via LinkedIn for a $250 investment, I would ignore it. It doesn't sound like anything real. Think about it. If you are seeking $250 and you have to contact a large number of folks to get one investor, what is your total investor acquisition cost? As an investor, I am assuming a return of at least 10-15% depending upon the risk and I know that the sponsor (that is you) has to make money. If you make 15% (a 30% is a fairly solid return), on $250 you make $75. Yeah - that doesn't make any sense to me. On LinkedIn you need to target a larger investment and have a hook that sounds realistic. Most of us on LinkedIn are corporate business folks or were, and we run the numbers pretty quickly. Returns promised of 50% we know are not real without significant risk in most cases so be realistic.

    I guess what I am saying is, "sure you can target LinkedIn folks, but make sure you understand your target client and what his/her needs are and make sure your investment offer makes sense to them". Otherwise you are wasting your time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11426798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Why pitch when they can come to you?

    Far easier and more sound, successful approach, long term. I'd stop throwing darts at a board and be the board. Create helpful content. Make friends with power brokers in your niche by helping them. Prospects flow to you. Attraction Marketing versus Chasing Marketing.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11426968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    What you're suggesting sounds like the job description of a stock broker "account executive."


    Brokerages hire young guys with little experience to cold call lists of people identified as having higher incomes in hopes of finding investors that will open accounts based on the canned sale pitch of the caller. They play the odds, knowing that for every 1,000 calls they make, some X percentage will sign up.


    Banks of phone solicitors play this same cold calling game for companies in nearly every marketplace imaginable.


    1) What do you suggest I can do to hit our target of pitching 200 investors per day between 3 of us? (Eg. what channels, platforms, mediums, etc)


    Paid advertising with a service like Nextmark that can help you target your prospect list so that you can build a direct marketing pool of clients interested in what you have to offer. I think you need to "warm up" your prospects with some nurturing about what you offer before you hit them up for a $250 "investment." Cold calling for a direct sale of $250 is an extremely difficult challenge - the numbers most likely won't give you a positive ROI.

    2) Would it be viable for me to send endless Connection Requests on LinkedIn with my message in the "Add A Note" section?

    I very much doubt it. LinkedIn polices their site religiously and I think you would raise red flags with your method, even though it may not break their terms of service. It would become evident that all you are after is a random pool of members to send offers to . . . and I think some members would complain. At the very least, I don't personally believe it is worth the considerable effort. I don't connect with strangers personally and I doubt that many others will, as well.


    In summary, "cold calling" marketing is a very difficult way to make higher end sales. IMO, you need a different sales approach - but that's just me showing my bias.


    As always, the best way to find out if something works in marketing is to test it, track the results, and optimize where you can until you get the highest ROI possible.


    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11426978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GS12
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Why pitch when they can come to you?

      Far easier and more sound, successful approach, long term. I'd stop throwing darts at a board and be the board. Create helpful content. Make friends with power brokers in your niche by helping them. Prospects flow to you. Attraction Marketing versus Chasing Marketing.
      Hi Ryan, thanks for that. The plan is as follows:

      Month 1 - Do purely cold calling/messaging/emailing to build our Foundation of Investors

      Month 2 - Create Sales Funnel. Then > Kickstart Content Marketing (LinkedIn/Instagram/Blog) + Drive Paid Traffic to Funnel. That way, we're driving both free and paid traffic to our funnel.

      I guess, this first month.I want to get our feet wet and learn at the grass-roots level by being in the trenches cold selling and building up a client base. From there, we scale with content and paid traffic. I also will use Investment Platforms (eg. Angel List) where investors are looking for opportunities.

      Do you have any examples of an Investment Product that has great Attraction Marketing or Paid Marketing?

      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      What you're suggesting sounds like the job description of a stock broker "account executive."


      Brokerages hire young guys with little experience to cold call lists of people identified as having higher incomes in hopes of finding investors that will open accounts based on the canned sale pitch of the caller. They play the odds, knowing that for every 1,000 calls they make, some X percentage will sign up.


      Banks of phone solicitors play this same cold calling game for companies in nearly every marketplace imaginable.


      1) What do you suggest I can do to hit our target of pitching 200 investors per day between 3 of us? (Eg. what channels, platforms, mediums, etc)


      Paid advertising with a service like Nextmark that can help you target your prospect list so that you can build a direct marketing pool of clients interested in what you have to offer. I think you need to "warm up" your prospects with some nurturing about what you offer before you hit them up for a $250 "investment." Cold calling for a direct sale of $250 is an extremely difficult challenge - the numbers most likely won't give you a positive ROI.

      2) Would it be viable for me to send endless Connection Requests on LinkedIn with my message in the "Add A Note" section?

      I very much doubt it. LinkedIn polices their site religiously and I think you would raise red flags with your method, even though it may not break their terms of service. It would become evident that all you are after is a random pool of members to send offers to . . . and I think some members would complain. At the very least, I don't personally believe it is worth the considerable effort. I don't connect with strangers personally and I doubt that many others will, as well.


      In summary, "cold calling" marketing is a very difficult way to make higher end sales. IMO, you need a different sales approach - but that's just me showing my bias.


      As always, the best way to find out if something works in marketing is to test it, track the results, and optimize where you can until you get the highest ROI possible.


      Steve
      Thanks Steve for your as usual detailed and helpful replies. I agree that its similar to what brokerages do. But if cold emailing/calling works for them.. why can't it work for me? Keeping in mind that I'm contacting actual investors who can afford to invest $250 to try it out? I will see how I go with it.

      As for that email list site, it looks awesome! I just found a 4M+ email list in my niche for only $150/mo to use. But are those lists high quality? Or do you think a 100 other guys are spamming them? Trying to gauge the value of these lists.. and hard to believe that I can get a 4M list for $150/mo!

      I will test, test, test.

      CURRENT CHANNELS (Month 1)


      - Email list marketing (I already have a 1,000 investor list)

      - LI InMails + Connection Requests (70 a day, each person on my 3 person team)

      - Investment Platform like Angel List (Where investors get connected to start ups)

      FUTURE CHANNELS (Likely in Month 2)

      - Content Marketing (LinkedIn, Instagram, Blog)

      - Sales Funnel (Opt In > Sales Page)

      - Paid Traffic (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Investment Platforms, etc)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427046].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        Originally Posted by GS12 View Post

        But are those lists high quality? Or do you think a 100 other guys are spamming them?

        I don't really know. You should be able to find out where the leads come from by talking with the brokers at Nextmark. I believe they come (at least partially) from magazine subscriptions where subscribers say they are interested in 3rd party offers. But I'm not sure about that. Ask them how many times the list is sold.


        To reiterate, I don't think you should get off on the wrong foot by spamming your offer. Do the squeeze page freebie offer for something very valuable related to your product and build a pool of prospects. Nurture them and get to know them, then you will be in a better position in your marketing system than if you merely hit the leads with a high end sales letter.


        Good luck,


        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Using LinkedIn and Facebook business profiles related to your niche. You can also pick up the phone and start making cold calls all day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GS12
    I'm starting to think that Webinars are the way to go here.

    Create a sales funnel. Drive paid traffic. Link it to a webinar. Pitch to hundreds to thousands of people at once. Massively high conversion rate.

    Boom.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by GS12 View Post

      Pitch to hundreds to thousands of people at once.
      Did you actually read the OP's post? They have a list of 1000 people they want to pitch to. Focus!
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427469].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GS12
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        Did you actually read the OP's post? They have a list of 1000 people they want to pitch to. Focus!
        I am the OP. LOL! But I'm considering doing Webinars and using the cold list.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427527].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by GS12 View Post

          I am the OP. LOL! But I'm considering doing Webinars and using the cold list.
          OOPS! Morning coffee, first, next time. :-)

          Why would you think that there are hundreds of thousands of people interested in your pitch?

          Rule No. 7 of business. "Realistic expectations."
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11427552].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics