$10k a month just by sending emails - Possible?

51 replies
Hi all,

Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

Comments?
#$10k #emails #month #sending
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Comments?
    Anything is possible, especially if you have a long, time horizon.

    The question you need to ask is, how likely is it? I have my opinion, but I'd rather not start my Sunday morning off on a negative note, regardless of how accurate I might be.
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Obermair
      You are more optimistic by suggesting anything is possible... I know you qualified it by a long time horizon.

      What is planning on being offered in the email if no video tutorials, webinars, social media...

      Back to my coffee
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428637].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author smm station
        Originally Posted by Obermair View Post

        You are more optimistic by suggesting anything is possible... I know you qualified it by a long time horizon.

        What is planning on being offered in the email if no video tutorials, webinars, social media...

        Back to my coffee
        I am agree with you
        sounds promising thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428652].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Obermair View Post

        You are more optimistic by suggesting anything is possible... I know you qualified it by a long time horizon.

        What is planning on being offered in the email if no video tutorials, webinars, social media...

        Back to my coffee
        I'm a bit down on myself for being even the least bit optimistic, because I realize I'm not being true to my core beliefs. Although I don't really care what anyone thinks about me or my opinions, I'm getting a little tired of being accused of being 'negative' because I don't subscribe to the totally ridiculous assertion that if you just, "believe and never, ever quit," you will achieve all you desire.

        It was a Sunday morning, pre-coffee comment. I apologize for my indiscretion and promise that it will never happen again. :-)

        The scenario, as presented, is doomed to failure. How's that? I feel much better, now! lol
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428657].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Obermair
          Outstanding
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428664].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author helisell
          Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

          I'm a bit down on myself for being even the least bit optimistic, because I realize I'm not being true to my core beliefs. Although I don't really care what anyone thinks about me or my opinions, I'm getting a little tired of being accused of being 'negative' because I don't subscribe to the totally ridiculous assertion that if you just, "believe and never, ever quit," you will achieve all you desire.

          It was a Sunday morning, pre-coffee comment. I apologize for my indiscretion and promise that it will never happen again. :-)

          The scenario, as presented, is doomed to failure. How's that? I feel much better, now! lol
          I agree completely with that.

          The OP's chances are nil.

          It takes months and years to learn all the different things you'd need to do in order to get to $10k a month just by affiliate commissions and just be emailing the list with offers.

          It's brutal, but it is the kindest thing to say.

          Kidding someone, or even giving them hope that the scenario as given by the OP is possible is wrong.
          Signature

          Making Calls To Sell Something? What are you actually saying?
          Is there any room for improvement? Want to find out?

          Say This Instead

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428827].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
            Originally Posted by helisell View Post

            I agree completely with that.
            I can assure that you won't make any friends agreeing with my position, but I do appreciate it. :-)
            Signature

            "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428836].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steve B
              Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

              I can assure that you won't make any friends agreeing with my position, but I do appreciate it. :-)



              OptedIn,


              My own opinions are contrary to yours quite often; however, I value your input into the discussions almost always! I know you are giving your real opinion without "milk toasting" your response. Sometimes it comes across as a little harsh, but we're all that way on occasion. This is after all, a public forum where we each are free to voice an opinion. Keep at it!

              Steve
              Signature

              Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
              SteveBrowneDirect

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429287].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
                Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

                OptedIn,

                My own opinions are contrary to yours quite often; however, I value your input into the discussions almost always! I know you are giving your real opinion without "milk toasting" your response. Sometimes it comes across as a little harsh, but we're all that way on occasion. This is after all, a public forum where we each are free to voice an opinion. Keep at it! Steve
                A little harsh? Yeah, I hear that a lot. 'Pointed,' I feel, would be a better descriptor. lol

                Well, just as I don't claim to be Willy Wonka, I ain't no Mary Poppins, either.

                Sometimes you have to use the tactics of a 6th grade substitute teacher to get your point across. You have to get their attention, first. A strong verbal slap, upside the gray matter, generally does the trick.

                Cheers.

                P.S. Did you mean, milquetoast or is 'milk toasting' a colloquialism? Just curious as I'm always looking at words and phrases. Saw 'cosplay' used by a member, today. First time I have ever encountered the word in my entire life. :-)
                Signature

                "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429301].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Steve B
                  Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

                  A little harsh? Yeah, I hear that a lot. 'Pointed,' I feel, would be a better descriptor.

                  However you take it, my only intent was to thank you for speaking your mind.


                  BTW, and for your amusement:

                  "milquetoast or milktoast - n A mild, ineffectual person; a timid person; a wimp" (Source: American Slang by Robert L. Chapman, p. 285)


                  Steve
                  Signature

                  Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
                  SteveBrowneDirect

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431156].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
                    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

                    However you take it, my only intent was to thank you for speaking your mind.
                    And, you sir, are most welcome.

                    BTW, and for your amusement:

                    "milquetoast or milktoast - n A mild, ineffectual person; a timid person; a wimp" (Source: American Slang by Robert L. Chapman, p. 285)
                    Amusement? No way. That's an educational tidbit. I'm happy to know that.

                    Thank YOU!
                    Signature

                    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fated82
    Rather than creating videos tutorials, podcast, social media, I just use emails to send sub to my affiiate offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    More than possible.

    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    But it takes . . .

    - Skill

    - Time

    - Investment

    $10K is only $333 a day.

    In other words, you can achieve it with as few as 34 PPLs a day, paying $10 a pop.

    And that's just one route (PPL) which you probably won't be taking.

    Being realistic . . .

    The model sounds a lot easier than the reality. It isn't easy.

    What I'd suggest:

    If you're intent on email marketing, then use that as your hub. Use a combination of organic and paid traffic sources to feed it.

    Focus on email marketing.

    Master it.

    You won't be earning 10K over night, but at least you'll be learning a solid form of online business.

    Am I the biggest fan in the world of email marketing? No. I use it, sure, but I prefer growing socials.

    But each to their own.

    A list at the heart of your business? It's a good thing to own, and you'll be starting off with a solid, tried and test business model.

    - Tom
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic
    Learn one way I earn money: I give away free stuff.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    It is certainly possible but will take time to build up to that level ... won't happen overnight.

    I've been promoting affiliate / CPA offer for almost 18 years using nothing other than email

    I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

    I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

    Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

    The bulk of the PPL offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get too caught up on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same or possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

    I have also done just as good with dating website sign-ups and pretty good with free trial + S/H offers. I also promote a very limited number of offers that are straight sales. For them, mass appeal is still the number one thing I look for and I also look for one of the following...

    1) The product is new and/or novel-unique and you can't purchase it locally or even something similar. I don't waste my time with it once something similar shows up in Walmart.

    2) The buyer can truly get what is being offered at a decent discount.

    3) Solves a house is on fire type problem.

    However, I mainly promote non-PPL offers on the backend.

    Bottom line, it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

    I drive traffic and build responsive email lists by acquiring different forms of email data.

    Fresh / targeted 3rd party data, which is email leads of users that have shown an interest in a specific PPL niche or offer and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record of each user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

    Generate real-time Co-reg, which works by placing an ad for a specific PPL offer on a co-registration network and their publishers display it and users that view the ad can request more info about the offer. When a user requests more info, their contact info is automatically imported into your ESP account / campaign and they are sent a message regarding the offer. You pay on a per lead basis.

    There is also rev-share data, which is basically 3rd party data (typically fresh / targeted) that you get for $0 upfront costs and you split the revenue generated from sending it with the data provider. Those that provide rev-share are typically just aggregating the data and aren't marketers and provide it to those that know how to monetize.

    So with the above, I am getting fresh / targeted leads specifically for the PPL offers I'm promoting. However, they are not typically as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list that you build yourself. So to compensate for this you need to work with higher volume. This is not a big deal since the cost is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to traditional list building methods.

    When mailing, you want to skim off the top any fast-track conversions and then for long-term success, you want to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting and removing unresponsive users...converting the leads from quantity to quality and into responsive lists. Which you can then also cross-promote other offers on the back-end.

    So basically the real reason I promote PPL offers because they provide the path of least resistance to generating conversions / $$$ and converting the data into cash producing assets.

    There's actually more to it than it sounds, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

    Couple things I didn't mention because it is beyond anyone doing when they first start out.

    You can get aged 3rd party data but it is more involved and requires special tools to do successfully.

    Once you have experience, you can find companies that have opt-in / buyer lists that do little with them or nothing at all via email marketing...mainly they call all the users and or don't know anything about promoting affiliate / CPA offers to fully monetize their data. This requires more work because you have to find the companies, where the other options above it's easy to get access to the data. This is what would be considered 2nd party data, as you manage the companies data and monetize it for a percentage of the net profits generated.

    Something to think about.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    18 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    Where is your focus today? Where is your time being spent other than here asking about possibility? Why aren't you FOCUSED on doing it?

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428667].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

      Why aren't you FOCUSED on doing it?

      GordonJ
      Because deep down in side they know that it's an unrealistic goal for 999 out of 1000 and they don't honestly see themselves as that one in a thousand.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fated82
    Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

    More than possible.

    But it takes . . .

    - Skill

    - Time

    - Investment

    $10K is only $333 a day.

    In other words, you can achieve it with as few as 34 PPLs a day, paying $10 a pop.

    And that's just one route (PPL) which you probably won't be taking.

    Being realistic . . .

    The model sounds a lot easier than the reality. It isn't easy.

    What I'd suggest:

    If you're intent on email marketing, then use that as your hub. Use a combination of organic and paid traffic sources to feed it.

    Focus on email marketing.

    Master it.

    You won't be earning 10K over night, but at least you'll be learning a solid form of online business.

    Am I the biggest fan in the world of email marketing? No. I use it, sure, but I prefer growing socials.

    But each to their own.

    A list at the heart of your business? It's a good thing to own, and you'll be starting off with a solid, tried and test business model.

    - Tom
    Yes Tom.

    My main skill is email marketing.

    I asked because I see my peers doing videos promoting themselves (self promotion), webrinars, fb marketing and podcasts to increase visibility while I am the lay back sort of guy and doesn't like to be on camera.

    I am fine with writing copy, running ads and building my list and am wondering if it's possible to make $10k without being on camera (main concern).

    Not seeking an overnight success, I know work is necessary.

    Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

    It is certainly possible but will take time to build up to that level ... won't happen overnight.

    I've been promoting affiliate / CPA offer for almost 18 years using nothing other than email

    I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

    I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

    Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

    The bulk of the PPL offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get too caught up on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same or possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

    I have also done just as good with dating website sign-ups and pretty good with free trial + S/H offers. I also promote a very limited number of offers that are straight sales. For them, mass appeal is still the number one thing I look for and I also look for one of the following...

    1) The product is new and/or novel-unique and you can't purchase it locally or even something similar. I don't waste my time with it once something similar shows up in Walmart.

    2) The buyer can truly get what is being offered at a decent discount.

    3) Solves a house is on fire type problem.

    However, I mainly promote non-PPL offers on the backend.

    Bottom line, it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

    I drive traffic and build responsive email lists by acquiring different forms of email data.

    Fresh / targeted 3rd party data, which is email leads of users that have shown an interest in a specific PPL niche or offer and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record of each user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

    Generate real-time Co-reg, which works by placing an ad for a specific PPL offer on a co-registration network and their publishers display it and users that view the ad can request more info about the offer. When a user requests more info, their contact info is automatically imported into your ESP account / campaign and they are sent a message regarding the offer. You pay on a per lead basis.

    There is also rev-share data, which is basically 3rd party data (typically fresh / targeted) that you get for $0 upfront costs and you split the revenue generated from sending it with the data provider. Those that provide rev-share are typically just aggregating the data and aren't marketers and provide it to those that know how to monetize.

    So with the above, I am getting fresh / targeted leads specifically for the PPL offers I'm promoting. However, they are not typically as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list that you build yourself. So to compensate for this you need to work with higher volume. This is not a big deal since the cost is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to traditional list building methods.

    When mailing, you want to skim off the top any fast-track conversions and then for long-term success, you want to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting and removing unresponsive users...converting the leads from quantity to quality and into responsive lists. Which you can then also cross-promote other offers on the back-end.

    So basically the real reason I promote PPL offers because they provide the path of least resistance to generating conversions / $$$ and converting the data into cash producing assets.

    There's actually more to it than it sounds, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

    Couple things I didn't mention because it is beyond anyone doing when they first start out.

    You can get aged 3rd party data but it is more involved and requires special tools to do successfully.

    Once you have experience, you can find companies that have opt-in / buyer lists that do little with them or nothing at all via email marketing...mainly they call all the users and or don't know anything about promoting affiliate / CPA offers to fully monetize their data. This requires more work because you have to find the companies, where the other options above it's easy to get access to the data. This is what would be considered 2nd party data, as you manage the companies data and monetize it for a percentage of the net profits generated.

    Something to think about.
    Hi Diablo, I really like your insights and have been following your posts. Really good.

    Your comments here gave me a boost in confidence.

    I am not looking for overnight success, just want to validate my thoughts to see the possibility.


    Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

    Where is your focus today? Where is your time being spent other than here asking about possibility? Why aren't you FOCUSED on doing it?

    GordonJ
    I am building my list and writing daily emails right now. My focus is email marketing

    Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

    Because deep down in side they know that it's an unrealistic goal for 999 out of 1000 and they don't honestly see themselves as that one in a thousand.
    Hmm....any other advice?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428712].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

      Hmm....any other advice?
      I didn't really offer any advice. I simply made an observation based on what I have witnessed through this type of post, over the years. List building is not something that I have ever employed to market my products and/or services, so I would have little to offer you in that regard.

      With that said - you didn't ask for advice. You asked for comments. :-)

      This is no different than most things in life. You'll never know the answer to your question until you try it and see what level of success you achieve over a certain time frame and then ascertain if that was worth the effort you expended. What others have to say is meaningless. Even what is offered in the way of advice is rarely of any significant value because most people, (I'm loathe to say all) never follow through. If they did, we'd have scads of people making $10k per month (which won't all be profit) on this forum and you'd have all the answers you would need.

      Most people will never make $10k profit for as long as they work in email marketing, because most quit long before hitting anything close to that goal.

      Just my 2¢.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    Why?

    Are you afraid to work? Afraid to interact with humans? Afraid to help people?

    I'd ask those questions and get honest answers. Then you can get clearer on email marketing or maybe use these other sweet methods to serve people and to grow business.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well it depends on many factors and i am not an expert to give you a clare opinion .But what i learn in my affiliate marketing road over the years its to not put your eggs in a single basket .Maybe combine emails and youtube
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author domainiac
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    I guess someone has to take the other side of things. 10k/month is not only doable with just offers it's actually rather easy as long as you have a few things in place.

    Obviously you have to build a list, have the right niche and mail the right offers.

    It's a numbers game. A 100k list with a low 10% open and 10% CTR will generate 1000 clicks per email. At .50 EPC, thats $500/email. Email every other day gets you $7500/month.

    This would be on the low side.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author backatit
    Very good thread and advice to the fated82. I read Diablos post with great advice twice. I'm just getting back into email marketing after 6 years off. Mostly going to do pay per lead till I get good at it again 2018 styles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428877].message }}
  • Yes you can if you have large subscriber list, but the reality is you need to use all sort of marketing methods including social media in order to build your list fast.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anisur903
    More than possible. I know many people, who earn $2k per day. But it is very difficult. It depends on your patience and hard work.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11428939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by anisur903 View Post

      More than possible. I know many people, who earn $2k per day. But it is very difficult. It depends on your patience and hard work.
      Really? That's $730k a year. You know lots of people making that? I'll bet they're all living in Bangladesh, too?
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JessicaLauren
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?

    I know some people that do it, but only after building a good relationship with the people on that list...
    Signature
    Learn how to build a blog for profit <--- Click here for complete guide
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Renatas Budrys
    How do you plan on getting those leads coming in if you're not doing marketing and by the way webinars are the best thing if you want to sell high ticket affiliate products.
    Signature
    FREE Ebook 7 Proven Methods To Make $300 A Day And Much More Online.
    Download Here: http://bit.ly/7methodsformoney
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bionictortoise
    All the affiliate marketing gurus at the moment are teaching email marketing together with Facebook ads. If you can target the right people in ads you can do it.

    You don't need to show your face on the ad. If you use video you can outsource the presenter or voiceover.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    You don't have to be on camera to make videos and you don't have to be on Facebook all day promoting webinars. I encourage you to follow your email marketing inclinations, but I'd also encourage you to add some other strategies to your mix.

    Learning how to be effective with emails, writing them, getting comfortable with an autoresponder can certainly take some time at first, but you should devote some of your marketing time to learning other skills. Not putting your eggs in one basket is an old cliche, but worth considering. No doubt, though, that email marketing is not quite as effective as it once was, at least in my experience.

    I'm still struggling to use Instagram with a PC. You never know what's going to catch on in internet marketing. Voice search? Messaging? Periscope? Like the Google algorithm updates, change and successful tactics can change very quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jane Johnson
    Yes, it can be. But first you will spend money for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Jane Johnson View Post

      Yes, it can be. But first you will spend money for it.
      Very informative. Thank you.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    Yes it is possible to earn this and more. A marketing technique I recommend is writing articles to online/offline publications with an audience relevant to your offers. You'll need a strong optin-page incentivized with a free or low-cost bonus of a high perceived value. It will take a few years of hard work and dogged persistence to build up to that income level, but there are people doing this now selling Clickbank, Amazon, and other affiliate products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rdevansii
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    Sure anything is possible. However, is it realistic? It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to do all of this. Affliliate marking is tough, however is 10k/mo real, why yes it is! I would say you would want to put some effort into Social Media marketing because you get faster results. Sure you can do solo ads, but why not focus where the emotion is at. That is why advertisers for large corporations do what they do. Emotion sells...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11429825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HowToWritePro
    What quantifiable actions are you going to take to drive traffic to your optin and offers? How much time do you have? How much money can you budget to buy traffic?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431140].message }}
  • Sure it's possible, but i think there are a lot of other easier ways to get 10k per month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by 'огдан Клопов View Post

      Sure it's possible, but i think there are a lot of other easier ways to get 10k per month.
      Well, that's most informative for your very first post. Howzabout you use your second post to teach us all how one might accomplish that.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
    Let me ask...

    Why would you ask others what is possible?

    Why not set it in stone, as to a goal you want to reach,
    and then work your tail off to figure out the steps and knowledge
    you'll need.

    You don't need anyone else to tell you "Yes or No".

    You only need to truly decide what you want and then
    figure out how to get there... working your ass off in the process.

    There will ALWAYS be people telling you that something can't
    be done.

    Does listening to anyone else matter?

    The only person you have to convince about whether you
    can do something... is yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11431170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GiorgioGD
    Yes is definitely possible!

    But...

    It is going to take some time to reach it. Collecting thousands of quality email addresses isn't going to happen in a week.

    However, if you are willing to achieve this using the paid route it would speed the process up.

    You need to optimize properly your landing page in order to get the most out of your money.
    Take a look at Facebook ads, Bing ads, Adwords, but also solo ads. Latter has the potential to deliver quality leads depending on the vendor.

    Free traffic doesn't cost you anything except time, which is really valuable in my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris-
    If you have a list (of at least 5k), then webinar JV's would typically be the best way for you to monetize your list, so I don't know why you'd want to avoid them . . . they usually convert about 10 times as well as a sales-page or sales-video, and sell the same product at a higher price with less refunds too.

    If you are concerned about YOU having to make webinars . . . that's not how it usually works . . . the webinar would be made by the creator of the course or service, although if you'd be willing to make a brief introduction, that will help conversions (it's very easy to do), so yes, with webinar JV's you'd not have to do much other than just send emails.

    Some list-owners won't even talk to a webinar JV-broker unless the webinar produces $50 PER LIST MEMBER, and a typical set of webinars is 1 week. That is 200 times the profit from the same list, compared to most mailing-lists which average around $1 per month per member, using the usual sales-pages etc.

    Chris
    Signature

    If you have a product/course, or list/following, I will help you do a WEBINAR JV for best results. Click here now . . .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndreiMorariu
    If you provide value to your list and develop a relationship based on trust and goodwill, 10k/month can be achieved with a small email list.

    Just don't pitch them every day cause you're going to lose subscribers and people won't trust you.

    As a general guideline, only promote things you personally bought/use that you think will genuinely help your audience. I think 3 value emails for every 1 pitch email is a good guideline to follow. Hope you make it happen man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
      Originally Posted by AndreiMorariu View Post

      If you provide value to your list and develop a relationship based on trust and goodwill, 10k/month can be achieved with a small email list.

      Just don't pitch them every day cause you're going to lose subscribers and people won't trust you.

      As a general guideline, only promote things you personally bought/use that you think will genuinely help your audience. I think 3 value emails for every 1 pitch email is a good guideline to follow. Hope you make it happen man
      Great advice here. I only send educational emails to my list, but every email I send out has an offer in the P.S. line. That has worked well for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newton
    It's absolutely possible but you still need to provide some value. Otherwise you'll burn through your list in double quick time.


    You should nurture the list, provide value and they will be more open to buy what you recommend.


    If you just send out affiliate promotions in every email then your open rate will drop down to almost nothing. So you'll need to keep churning and burning your list regularly to keep more people coming in.


    If you nurture a list properly by giving them value though, even a small list can make you $10k a month if done right.
    Signature
    FREE VIDEO TRAINING COURSE REVEALS: "How To Create Affiliate Email Funnels That Bring In 4 Or Even 5 Figures A Month On Autopilot!"
    --> Click Here For Instant Access
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Tinson
    It depends on how good your list is in terms of buying. It is possible to make money from email marketing using affiliate for sure. Generally if your list is strong, people will respond if you are offering a good product/service.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koolphoto
    Just curious. How do you build a list without doing video tutorials, webinars, social media marketing, and all sort of things?
    Signature

    My name is Ken Katz and I am a Web Designer and Photographer. My motto: "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

    Celebrity Portrait Photgapher - My Photography Portfolio.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433174].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
      Originally Posted by koolphoto View Post

      Just curious. How do you build a list without doing video tutorials, webinars, social media marketing, and all sort of things?
      You could just have a capture page and do lots of paid advertising such as pay per click and solo ads. That is what I do and it works great.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    Originally Posted by fated82 View Post

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to make $10k a month in affiliate commission without doing video tutorials, webrinars, social media marketing and all sort of things?

    I just want to focus on building a list and sending emails...That's all.

    Comments?
    It's possible if:

    1. You find the right niche
    2. You build your list and PROVIDE tons of value to that list, so they like you, know you and trust you
    3. You offer products and services that SOLVE their problems

    To make the big money you will need the right niche, a BIG list (because of email deliverability issues, lots of hard work and patience. In most cases, you will need a list of at least 15k people (and probably more) to make that type of money, although there are a ton of factors that can affect that.

    Email marketing is my # 1 source of income. It is alive and well, but it is constantly changing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrew kisilu
    Yes it is possible..

    Build your list in a profitable niche,provide value and then promote other people's offers,webinars,videos etc you don't have to do the webinars and offers yourself.

    I don't know if this helps because I have not understood a lot from your question..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mihai1555
    you can probably make $5,000 doing that if you are willing to invest to get a big list... i see people making $100 / $200 per day just sending promo emails all time.. so, it is possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Well that is how us experienced bloggers and internet marketers. as the saying goes the money is in the list. However it will take a while to build a size-able email list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Bridgen
    Yes the top affiliate marketers make more then $10k per month But if you have just started you have to build your business. You need a lot of people to join your list thousands. Then you stand a chance. But the top marketers like Omar Martin and Michael Cheney I work with both have professional squeeze pages. On top of that the emails are also the best money can buy. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money or time to build your list to thousands. I think you should look for something else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434510].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics