For Content Marketing, what's the most respected online course?

9 replies
I'm a content creator ready for Professional Development to build on the work I'm doing through a course in Content Marketing. But, I don't want to waste my time with a course that's outdated or poorly presented.

What are the best, most respected, most practical online courses out there? For example, how do these rank, and are they respected in the marketing world?

Coursera- The Strategy of Content Marketing

Coursera - Content Strategy for Professionals

Udacity - Digital Marketing Nano Degree Program

Hubspot Academy

Marketo

Content Marketing Institute

UC Berkeley extension - Certificate Program in Marketing

Certificate in Content Marketing with T Brand Studios (NY Times)

Columbia Journalism School
#content #marketing #online #respected
  • Originally Posted by Naomi Ture View Post

    I'm a content creator ready for Professional Development to build on the work I'm doing through a course in Content Marketing. But, I don't want to waste my time with a course that's outdated or poorly presented.

    What are the best, most respected, most practical online courses out there? For example, how do these rank, and are they respected in the marketing world?

    Coursera- The Strategy of Content Marketing

    Coursera - Content Strategy for Professionals

    Udacity - Digital Marketing Nano Degree Program

    Hubspot Academy

    Marketo

    Content Marketing Institute

    UC Berkeley extension - Certificate Program in Marketing

    Certificate in Content Marketing with T Brand Studios (NY Times)

    Columbia Journalism School
    I have been in content marketing for over 10 years now and I have never found a paid course that was worth it. While they may have good information, everything I have ever found in a paid course was available online free of charge.

    If you spend some time googling different phrases around content marketing, you'll find a wealth of great knowledge to help you.

    Benjamin Ehinger
    Signature
    Ready to Explode your Content Marketing?

    Discover How to Increase Revenues with My Complete SEO Content Strategy Here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    A lot of marketers are big fans of Problogger.... Ebooks, podcasts and courses available.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    I concur. Why pay when you can become proficient in Googling and find free information covering virtually any topic you desire.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445532].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Benjamin Ehinger View Post

      I have been in content marketing for over 10 years now and I have never found a paid course that was worth it. While they may have good information, everything I have ever found in a paid course was available online free of charge.

      If you spend some time googling different phrases around content marketing, you'll find a wealth of great knowledge to help you.

      Benjamin Ehinger
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      I concur. Why pay when you can become proficient in Googling and find free information covering virtually any topic you desire.

      And isn't that why MOST people are struggling? Confusion, Overwhelmed, Clutter?

      Wouldn't it make more sense to pay someone who has already done the work?

      Of course it would.
      Signature
      -----------------------------------
      SKINNYTACTICS
      Give Yourself 20 Minutes to Improve
      Your Business and Marketing IQ

      -----------------------------------
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11538265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vimalc98
    you should waste money on this types of courses.
    Because they don't contain much information compared to what you can get from other free websites.
    You should google every problem or question you have about content marketing, and you will find your answer for free.
    So start doing it now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by Naomi Ture View Post

    I'm a content creator ready for Professional Development to build on the work I'm doing through a course in Content Marketing. But, I don't want to waste my time with a course that's outdated or poorly presented.

    What are the best, most respected, most practical online courses out there? For example, how do these rank, and are they respected in the marketing world?

    Coursera- The Strategy of Content Marketing

    Coursera - Content Strategy for Professionals

    Udacity - Digital Marketing Nano Degree Program

    Hubspot Academy

    Marketo

    Content Marketing Institute

    UC Berkeley extension - Certificate Program in Marketing

    Certificate in Content Marketing with T Brand Studios (NY Times)

    Columbia Journalism School
    What is a content creator? And a "Professional Development" track look like?

    I have no idea what you mean by CONTENT CREATOR OR MARKETER.

    Please tell.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11537939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Content Marketing (CM) is akin to the pieces of a puzzle and we need to know where all of the pieces come from, so we can know where they should go.. to complete the puzzle.


    I would suggest a free from eCourse in the fundamentals of Digital Marketing to understand where and why the pieces come from before taking a course in CM. Straight out of Google:
    Get certified in the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing


    A good CM also knows how to write for people and at the same time format the content for the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP). When you follow Google's course you will discover more about that.


    Good luck.
    Signature

    Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11537945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
    Can't comment on any of these courses in particular, but...

    If a course can save you hours and hours of research by consolidating it all in one place, why wouldn't that be a good use of your money?

    I've paid for courses that have saved me years of time developing certain skills, saving more money than I could possibly imagine. Despite the fact that I could have probably learned them for free by searching out articles, filtering out good information from bad, trialing things out etc... but surely the cost would have been much greater.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11538105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    Thread is from 2018 bumped by a spammer (post was removed). The Original poster has not been here since Oct 29,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11538281].message }}

Trending Topics