1. Identify Your Niche - As in what you like most, know a lot and are good at. Can be make money online or others like health and fitness, personal development or certain hobbies like certain sports, photography, music etc.
2. Identify Your Niche Market - As in finding and connecting with a group of people who are also interested in what you are interested. Offline, there are Meetup networking and other event groups by company, successful gurus and even your friends or family while online, you can join forums or Facebook groups in which people gathered for a common cause, passion or problem.
Remember: ANY place with A LOT of people talking about a topic, problem or passion IS a potential market.
Do this for at least 3-5 months like how you get to know your friends, boy/girlfriend or spouse.
Though there are faster ways to get customers through paid ads, those are for people who can afford to lose money short-term and know what to do to earn long-term.
3. Research And Find Products - As solutions to solve their problems or fulfiling their desire. This is where you can go to affiliate networks like Amazon, Clickbank, JVZoo and Warrior Plus. You can also go to JVNotifyPro which is an internet marketing calendar showcasing which marketers promote what products for the first 6 months of the year and then the next come July.
4. Brand Yourself Online - This is when you get a domain, web hosting and autoresponder to set up your blog, squeeze page and social media channels like Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
Domain and web host is for your blog to generate trust with your visitors while squeeze page is for getting their emails in exchange for giving them your PDF report about the topic you specialize in.
As well as following up with them in your emails in case they do not buy the products you offered them first-time on your blog or download page. which you should direct them after they put in their emails through your landing page.
5. Provide Them Valuable Info, Tips And Recommend Relevant Products - This is when you start to MAKE MONEY by sending them emails pertaining to those.
Either other people's products you are promoting as affiliate or your own.