Input on joining Success University

by bmac 14 replies
I'm looking for input on Success University, I'm seriously thinking about joining but I would like the forums opinion. Thanks.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #input #joining #success #success university #university
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kym Robinson
    I have only 3 words for you!

    I LOVE IT!

    Kym
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Rogers
    Examine your motivations for joining, then get on Google and look for the good and the bad. What is it you want out of it? Try to discern through your research whether others with the same motivations are satisfied or not.

    Always be wary of hype.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author napoleonfirst
    Recommended. Success University is really cool. Go ahead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulSchubert
    I have to agree with John Rogers. Success University is very good if you believe you need it. There are other alternatives, some are free, some are less expensive, some cost more. John spelled it out correctly (in my opinion) when he said examine your motivations for joining.

    Have you taken a look at Mark Joyner's Simpleology? Just a suggestion as a possible alternative.

    Spend time doing some serious due diligence before you spend your money. Much can be found on the internet for free to get you started on your path. Unless you believe you need guidance.

    Best of luck.

    PAS
    Signature
    Paul Alan Schubert - "Success is a State of Mind"
    PaulSchubert.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      I actually used to be a member. For what it costs monthly, I feel there
      are better things for the money, which is why I left. The education is
      okay, but it's not worth what they charge, which they do in order to make
      it possible for members to create a decent income from recruiting.

      And therein lies the rub.

      You're only going to get that income if you can really recruit. And let me tell
      you, I did okay for about 6 months, but after a while, I just couldn't keep
      people motivated enough to stay and eventually, the income dried up.

      On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best) I'd give SU a 6.5.

      Not bad, but you could do a lot better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117619].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best) I'd give SU a 6.5.
        6.5/10 is good. Many other companies can't even smell a 3/10
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117624].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bmac
        Steven, you say I can do much better? Enlighten me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117628].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by bmac View Post

          Steven, you say I can do much better? Enlighten me.
          Bill, it's complicated to try to explain. SU has two problems.

          1. Their "education" is lacking. Now, having been doing this for 5 plus years,
          I'm critical. Some people might find it okay and even good. But honestly,
          there are products you can get from some of the Warriors here that blow
          away what SU teaches and for a fraction of the price. Heck, Traffic Secrets
          2.0 which is only $397, is less than 8 months of SU membership and it gives
          you a ton more.

          2. The income model is very difficult. You need to get a ton of people before
          you start seeing any money at all. The matrix setup makes it so that the
          guys at the very top really clean up big time. Ask Stone Evans. He'll tell
          you. It's just way too difficult for the average guy. Even I had a hell of
          a time. You'd be better off spending $20 a month on a top notch FFA
          hosting company. With the same effort, you'll make more money because
          the matrix is easier. You get paid even on just ONE person. With SU, it
          doesn't work that way.

          Like I said, too complicated to really get into here. There are just better
          ways to make an income and much better ways to get an education, and
          cheaper too.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117636].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
          Originally Posted by bmac View Post

          Steven, you say I can do much better? Enlighten me.
          Wait for my upcoming monthly marketing club Newbies On Fire Inner Circle...

          I'm an experienced marketer that knows what it takes to be successful consistently online. I don't want to say to much right now but it offers the most out of all those other monthly memberships.

          Mike Hill

          PS. I'll try and convince Steven Wagenheim to give his honest review when it's ready to go! It's like a Stomper Net for Newbies ... That's a big claim but, hey you'll just have to see
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117651].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kym Robinson
            I agree there are easier ways to make money - BUT......if what you are looking for is personal development - the only one better that I have found is Tony Robbins!
            Kym
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[118001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamtan
    If you really need, use and do the info in SU, then it'll be good.

    If you are in only for the promo of SU to earn comm, then reconsider.

    When I was in SU previously, many of the members in my team (a huge one) are only into referral for the sake of commissions. Few (to none) uses the product (info) in it to propel success.

    Like any "MLM" biz, if the members are not even using the product, it won't last.

    My 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[117633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chanvh
    I trust Steve and give him my vote in agreement simply because I was in SU before too and like Steve... we'll leave the details out of this.

    Bottomline, if you are looking to really do MLM then this was made for you, otherwise you'd be prepared to pay for its educational materials. Though, yeah I guess they could have invested to update their edu materials more often.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[118862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bmac
    I am so glad this forum exist, I appreciate ALL the opinions. You have helped me make up my mind and I am going to keep looking better opportunities. Thank you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[120529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devan Koshal
    i love it! its brilliant.... i dont really use the online office much the materials i receive to my door every month are great! need to be pretty expereinced with internet marketing if your optinin for the business side of it though.

    its worth the free trial + they give your free advertising
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[120542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asher
    Originally Posted by Neil Thrasher View Post

    I got involved with that program about 2 years ago. In my opinion, its not worth all its cracked up to be. They promised members being added to my downline and all that good stuff, but it never happened. Im not saying MLM cant work, but you may want to look into some other options before you spend your money on Success University.
    Since when did Success University promise to add members to your downline? They don't have such policies. Are you sure you're quoting Success University or are you quoting a member whose been trying to recruit with Success University?

    I'm a premium member of Success University and I enjoy the monthly products that I receive - mainly because I love personal development. That's the product of Success University.

    For bmac, if you're joining because you want to make use of personal development to help a certain aspect in your life, go ahead. If you're only planning to use it to make money, reconsider.

    However, if you're planning to make use of the product (which is personal development) and make money at the same time with its system, you're going to need a mentor who has been in Success University for a while to teach you how to do it.

    Steven, I disagree when you say that the education is lacking. Success University has a huge plethora of topics that is specifically targetted at personal development. It is NOT lacking in terms of personal development. In fact, it constantly delivers fresh content with teleseminars.

    You're comparing Success University (which is a personal development niche) with Traffic Secrets (which teaches, well, traffic) and saying that the latter gives a ton more. It's a wrong comparison already.

    You have my respect, Steven, as a full fledged internet marketer and you're already successful in it. But it's only complicated to you because it's not your particular niche.

    If someone said that article marketing was hard, you might disagree and say that all he/she needs to do is learn it. Same thing with Success University, all anyone needs to do is to learn the system.

    It's only "too hard" when you give up without seeing the success or result that's desired.

    I'm just standing up for Success University because of the negative flak that I see from some people who don't fully understand how it can be a positive change for people.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[120598].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Asher View Post

      Since when did Success University promise to add members to your downline? They don't have such policies. Are you sure you're quoting Success University or are you quoting a member whose been trying to recruit with Success University?

      I'm a premium member of Success University and I enjoy the monthly products that I receive - mainly because I love personal development. That's the product of Success University.

      For bmac, if you're joining because you want to make use of personal development to help a certain aspect in your life, go ahead. If you're only planning to use it to make money, reconsider.

      However, if you're planning to make use of the product (which is personal development) and make money at the same time with its system, you're going to need a mentor who has been in Success University for a while to teach you how to do it.

      Steven, I disagree when you say that the education is lacking. Success University has a huge plethora of topics that is specifically targetted at personal development. It is NOT lacking in terms of personal development. In fact, it constantly delivers fresh content with teleseminars.

      You're comparing Success University (which is a personal development niche) with Traffic Secrets (which teaches, well, traffic) and saying that the latter gives a ton more. It's a wrong comparison already.

      You have my respect, Steven, as a full fledged internet marketer and you're already successful in it. But it's only complicated to you because it's not your particular niche.

      If someone said that article marketing was hard, you might disagree and say that all he/she needs to do is learn it. Same thing with Success University, all anyone needs to do is to learn the system.

      It's only "too hard" when you give up without seeing the success or result that's desired.

      I'm just standing up for Success University because of the negative flak that I see from some people who don't fully understand how it can be a positive change for people.

      First of all, I never said SU was hard. I just didn't feel what I learned
      from it was worth what they were charging monthly. Plus, at the time
      I left (maybe they've improved) there weren't any new materials added
      for months. I had completed all the courses and was waiting months
      for new material. It never came.

      You can disagree with me all you like, but my feelings about SU are still
      MY feelings and I don't feel the program is worth it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[120604].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Asher
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        First of all, I never said SU was hard. I just didn't feel what I learned
        from it was worth what they were charging monthly. Plus, at the time
        I left (maybe they've improved) there weren't any new materials added
        for months. I had completed all the courses and was waiting months
        for new material. It never came.

        You can disagree with me all you like, but my feelings about SU are still
        MY feelings and I don't feel the program is worth it.
        Well, I didn't state that you said SU was hard. I compared a situation where if your expertise of article marketing was claimed by someone as too hard, you *might* say that it isn't and all he/she needs to do is to learn how to do it.

        Same thing with SU, anyone who wants to succeed with it simply needs to learn the system.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[120626].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics