Has anyone had success with a local multi niche site?

14 replies
Hi all, im wondering if anyone has managed to create and rank a local multi niche website?

My thoughts are creating multiple articles and targeting each specific type of business in my city. Its not a directory as such, because each article will be keyword specific with calls to action throughout the article. A unique voip phone number on each specific article to generate leads and forward them to one business in my area.

Would this work? Has it worked for you?
#local #multi #niche #site #success
Avatar of Unregistered
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477321].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Originally Posted by InternetMarketingMadeEZ View Post

      It looks not so professional if you have multi niches in one domain.
      So Walmart is not "Professional"? Target? Lowes? GAP? Ebay?

      Come on now... On this forum when you are trying to sell an offer it is suggested, and rightfully so, that you want to keep your CONTEXT very pinpoint. In the case of the OP.. the CONTEXT is "the local market" they will be serving.. so regardless if there is a plumber and a lawyer and a café and a donut shop there is CONTEXT within the city those business' reside.

      Now to answer the OP I have never set anything up like that.. I have however set up more than a few Directories. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Everything would be in the sites overall ranking.

      Best of luck!
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477332].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
        Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

        So Walmart is not "Professional"? Target? Lowes? GAP? Ebay?

        Come on now... On this forum when you are trying to sell an offer it is suggested, and rightfully so, that you want to keep your CONTEXT very pinpoint. In the case of the OP.. the CONTEXT is "the local market" they will be serving.. so regardless if there is a plumber and a lawyer and a café and a donut shop there is CONTEXT within the city those business' reside.

        Now to answer the OP I have never set anything up like that.. I have however set up more than a few Directories. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Everything would be in the sites overall ranking.

        Best of luck!

        Agreed. Also, in my experience, local directories do in fact do generate leads, but are limited to the location. And most local directories when monetized are via Adsense. In my experience the sites of good quality normally average $80.00 or less monthly as long as the geo is growing. When the geo growth slows so do the earnings and leads.
        Signature

        Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477333].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author savidge4
          Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

          Agreed. Also, in my experience, local directories do in fact do generate leads, but are limited to the location. And most local directories when monetized are via Adsense. In my experience the sites of good quality normally average $80.00 or less monthly as long as the geo is growing. When the geo growth slows so do the earnings and leads.
          The few I have right now.. no adsense... Im making more than $80, AND if you set them up correctly they become a local SEO asset IE a citation for ALL of your current clients. Kinda a win win.

          Hey let me build that site, and FREE of charge is a premium listing as long as we are hosting...

          Give until it hurts LOL
          Signature
          Success is an ACT not an idea
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477339].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
            Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

            The few I have right now.. no adsense... Im making more than $80, AND if you set them up correctly they become a local SEO asset IE a citation for ALL of your current clients. Kinda a win win.

            Hey let me build that site, and FREE of charge is a premium listing as long as we are hosting...

            Give until it hurts LOL

            Many of my clients have many local directories and of course earn much more that one site which is what the OP is asking about. Now I was going to suggest more that one local directory to multiply the profit, but thats different.
            Signature

            Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477341].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author homeriscool
            Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

            The few I have right now.. no adsense... Im making more than $80, AND if you set them up correctly they become a local SEO asset IE a citation for ALL of your current clients. Kinda a win win.

            Hey let me build that site, and FREE of charge is a premium listing as long as we are hosting...

            Give until it hurts LOL
            Hey thats encouraging....thanks

            How would you go about setting them up correctly?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post

    Hi all, im wondering if anyone has managed to create and rank a local multi niche website?

    My thoughts are creating multiple articles and targeting each specific type of business in my city. Its not a directory as such, because each article will be keyword specific with calls to action throughout the article. A unique voip phone number on each specific article to generate leads and forward them to one business in my area.

    Would this work? Has it worked for you?

    It appears to me that you are describing a "local niche lead generation site" instead of a "local multi niche site" correct me if I am wrong?


    In my experience a "local niche lead generation site" does not do well in terms of generating leads in a local demographic.
    Signature

    Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477331].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author homeriscool
      Hi, this is a good example of what i mean -

      https://threebestrated.co.uk/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477697].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post

        Hi, this is a good example of what i mean -

        https://threebestrated.co.uk/
        Please don't follow that as a model other than the idea of it.. the link button field is Terrible.

        To increase site "Depth" I would break the main page navigation into regions first. This creates a region landing page.. and from there I would then list cities creating the city lander.

        The example looks like:
        • Main
        • City
        • Services
        • Service provider

        The way I suggest is:
        • Main
        • Region
        • City
        • Service
        • Service provider

        Does wonders for ease of use, plus its less overwelming. AND gives you an amount of SEO advantage.

        So setting things up correctly.. things like above obviously.. The BIGGEST consideration is Hosting.. you want to host the site locally... if you are listing the whole country.. UK hosting would be fine.. Just London. you want your hosting provider server IN LONDON.

        As an example I have a Directory of sorts for a foreign country and have not so micro sites broken by region, and each server is in said region. The primary main brand site is actually located in the states - that is my primary traffic target and then the satellite portions of the sites are served from said country.

        Aside from creating directories, I do offer services to business' such as SEO, and CRO etc.. and having those regionalized sites is an advantage in MY SEO efforts.
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477710].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author homeriscool
          I see....what are your thoughts about a sponsored page as opposed to a directory? Only 1 business can sponsor the page once its ranking and producing leads. Could that work?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477726].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author savidge4
            Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post

            I see....what are your thoughts about a sponsored page as opposed to a directory? Only 1 business can sponsor the page once its ranking and producing leads. Could that work?
            I see where you are getting with this.. back to the OP.. I understand. and my answer would be that would be variables in figuring out if this would be viable. The top of the list variable would be geography / proximity. How big is the community you would be developing this for? A small village I would say go ahead.. something like London.. you would be wasting traffic at least 70% of the time based on the end users location.

            A doctor as an example has an office on the east side of town and someone happens on your page and lives on the far west side of town.. what is the likelihood that they would want the services of this doctor? see what I mean?

            Allowing a number of listings based on location maybe? Downtown, eastside, westside etc etc

            Another example... I live in a pretty small town.. 30,000. The next closest community of any size is 50 miles away.. the next closest Walmart is 20 miles away.. the next closest home depot is 100 miles away. proximity becomes a major factor.

            Hope that Helps!
            Signature
            Success is an ACT not an idea
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477781].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author homeriscool
              Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

              I see where you are getting with this.. back to the OP.. I understand. and my answer would be that would be variables in figuring out if this would be viable. The top of the list variable would be geography / proximity. How big is the community you would be developing this for? A small village I would say go ahead.. something like London.. you would be wasting traffic at least 70% of the time based on the end users location.

              A doctor as an example has an office on the east side of town and someone happens on your page and lives on the far west side of town.. what is the likelihood that they would want the services of this doctor? see what I mean?

              Allowing a number of listings based on location maybe? Downtown, eastside, westside etc etc

              Another example... I live in a pretty small town.. 30,000. The next closest community of any size is 50 miles away.. the next closest Walmart is 20 miles away.. the next closest home depot is 100 miles away. proximity becomes a major factor.

              Hope that Helps!
              The town where i live is approx 50,000 people. Not a huge town. If i could target pages on a site and rank it then rent out the page......

              An example would be a plumber. A good plumbing company can cover all of my town. Its about 24 km x 11km.

              I dont see the point in a directory such as yellow pages. However, 1 highly targeted page with only 1 business listed on it....maybe?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477955].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author savidge4
                Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post

                The town where i live is approx 50,000 people. Not a huge town. If i could target pages on a site and rank it then rent out the page......

                An example would be a plumber. A good plumbing company can cover all of my town. Its about 24 km x 11km.

                I dont see the point in a directory such as yellow pages. However, 1 highly targeted page with only 1 business listed on it....maybe?
                I would suggest you are thinking to micro on this.. but the answer to your question COULD YOU? and YES you could.

                Would you want to? I guess that would be up to personal debate. my Directory business model would say no. I would rather shoot for $20 a year from 5000 local business' than get 3 $4000 a year from 5 or 6.
                Signature
                Success is an ACT not an idea
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477985].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author homeriscool
                  Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

                  I would suggest you are thinking to micro on this.. but the answer to your question COULD YOU? and YES you could.

                  Would you want to? I guess that would be up to personal debate. my Directory business model would say no. I would rather shoot for $20 a year from 5000 local business' than get 3 $4000 a year from 5 or 6.
                  Ah ha! I see what you mean. Its a numbers game. So i guess this is were niche directoys come into place.....easier to rank.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11478015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nhaban24h
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11477363].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics