Your Product Might be an Obstacle, not a Solution

4 replies
How many books, reports, training courses have you followed through with, to completion?

Were those products solutions to your problems, or were they just another obstacle to the solution you thought you were buying into?

In a marketplace where the most common complaints are overwhelm, procrastination and confusion, why would another product, filled with information, be a solution?

It would be an obstacle, wouldn't it?

I have a friend who is a professional Plasterer.

On his website he talks a lot about how great his service is. How great he is at his profession. How his prospects should choose his Plastering service over the competition.

I don't know about you, but I want a Plasterer in my home as much as i want a sledgehammer to the nutsack.

I'd prob'ly prefer the sledgehammer.

In this case, just as with information products: the service, the product... is an obstacle, not a solution.

And there he is, talking about the very thing his prospects dread most; having a Plasterer in their home.

They want their living room Plastered, no doubt. But what they want more, are the spanking new walls that will bring their currently dull room to life.

That's what they are paying good money for.

They certainly aren't paying good money to have a stranger shit in their toilet, play loud music in their living room, and trample dirt all over their carpets.

So when you are trying to sell your product, talk more about the result - what happens after the job is done - and at any opportunity, make the unpleasant process they have to go through, to get to the solution, seem as painless as possible.

If you can, create or adjust your product to make the entire process easier to live with.

At least then you can bring up the objections, and turn them into benefits.

Either way, never forget that your product might be another obstacle they have to contend with, just to get to the solution they are paying for.
#obstacle #product #solution
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Great post, OP.

    If I may add something...

    One of the best ways to PROVE you can deliver RESULTS are VERIFIABLE testimonials

    - Video testimonials with screenshots
    - Before and after screenshots
    - 'In process' video

    Most TALK...

    Few DELIVER
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11512211].message }}
    • Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

      Great post, OP.

      If I may add something...

      One of the best ways to PROVE you can deliver RESULTS are VERIFIABLE testimonials

      - Video testimonials with screenshots
      - Before and after screenshots
      - 'In process' video

      Most TALK...

      Few DELIVER

      Absolutely. The best testimonials are the ones where you ask your customer what they thought before they purchased; their concerns. And then to ask them to tell you what they discovered after they purchased.


      Cheers mate.
      Signature
      I'm bigger. I'm better. I'm quicker. I'm easier. I'm richer. I'm sexier. I'm prob'ly lying to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11512381].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        Absolutely. The best testimonials are the ones where you ask your customer what they thought before they purchased; their concerns. And then to ask them to tell you what they discovered after they purchased.


        Cheers mate.

        May be the best promotion to offer prospects. NOW, before they buy...and AFTER they have crossed the bridge to greener pastures, HOW they feel then.

        If more Warriors thought about this, before they made their WSO or any offer, they would do much better in the marketplace, alas, we have too many plasterers in the group, thanks Declan.

        GordonJ
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11512384].message }}
        • Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

          May be the best promotion to offer prospects. NOW, before they buy...and AFTER they have crossed the bridge to greener pastures, HOW they feel then.

          If more Warriors thought about this, before they made their WSO or any offer, they would do much better in the marketplace, alas, we have too many plasterers in the group, thanks Declan.

          GordonJ

          That's a good point, Gordon.



          I doubt there would be many of the "after they've crossed to greener pastures" testimonials, eh?


          Have a good one mate.
          Signature
          I'm bigger. I'm better. I'm quicker. I'm easier. I'm richer. I'm sexier. I'm prob'ly lying to you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11512405].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics