As you know Chatbots & Messenger Marketing has been the craze lately in the marketing community and there has been a lot of debate over whether Email or Messenger Marketing is better.
One of the main arguments for Messenger is because their Open Rates & CTR are currently higher than Email on average. However, with recent changes by Facebook, Messenger Marketing seems to be getting a lot more restrictive.
I understand that both have their pros and cons but I think it would be interesting to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both platforms. I personally use Messenger Marketing more and here's what I like and don't like about it:
1. The ability to build your Subscriber List with Messenger Ads
2. Engagement Campaigns with Comment Growth Tools (you can have an automated flow that engages with people who comment on a post - they will subscribe to your list)
3. Exporting the Subscriber List to Create Lookalike Audiences for Ad Targeting
4. Real Time Chat & Automated Flows
1. Facebook is removing Broadcast Messages unless you're an approved page, but the catch is you can't send any promotional messages. The current workaround to that is running Messenger Ads ($20-40 per 1,000 impressions), Anyone who engages with your bot, you're allowed to send them another promotional message in 24 hours.
2. Approved Pages for Broadcast Messages can only send messages about News, Productivity and Personal Tracking.
What do you guys think after hearing about these updates?
Do you think this was the right move for Facebook Messenger?
Massive Messenger Policy Changes
Email VS Messenger Marketing Stats