Facebook is going good for the first month then it will ask more money for less targeted leads, and the cost of tier 1 leads will become higher and higher. It's a fact. Also, MMO and Marketing is not seen good by Facebook itself.
Google ads has become for rich people, unless you use display ads, and even IM Guru's are sharing their money for acquiring leads together
Nowadays it's very hard to acquire a lead for the Internet Marketing space, even if you use push notification, etc. It requires a lot of technical skills etc.
So here are the solutions i think would work on the long term:
1) The price of items sold, coaching, course, necessarily have to be high-ticket. it's a simple math: if you spend a lot for acquiring a 'potential customer' you cannot sell to a real customer for 97 usd. You will be out of the market soon.
2) You need an organic part which would become more and more big as the time passes: that's cause a 'lead' is a person, who before buying search infos from you, and your content must be there to speak for yourself. You need to pay attention of what people and google says about you.
That's why you need a Youtube channel, blog, etc. Facebook page only or a blog only isnt enough anymore.
3) You cannot really track.
If a lead buys from you something, how could you know if it's cause he's in your mailing list, or he have seen a video on youtube about you, or a facebook post/video?
It's quite impossible. You need to be everywhere and spend less time tracking.
4) Leads MUST be co-reg.
There are lot of co-registration service out there. You need to carefully find one, and use it. People today are subscribed to more than 10 lists, so if you wish to be the only one they listen to.... im sorry.
So why don't exploit this? People sharing leads, permission-based, are a goldmine if the service is good.
5) You must work on customer-retention.
Selling to people and repeat the proccess. It's not OTO OTO OTO, it's giving services related to the interest in different times.
6) You cannot survive with passive income.
There's no passive income. Even if you're making money with a funnel on autopilot, you need to update, change, and build new courses etc. Cause it will never be the same forever.
A course lasts aproximately after one year. Before that date, you need to produce more content. And this content need to sell something new.
7) You cannot retire doing only IM.
If your lifestyle grows, you wil have more to spend, and informarketing isnt forever. You need to produce more content, course, forever.
UNLESS you invest also in other things, like real estate etc. to sustain your life.
Ok, this is not regarding 'leads' but everything is connected
So, these are my opinions, thoughts, not the Bible.
Take it for your convenience.