Warrior Forum Marketing Value

18 replies
Hi Warriors,

Before spending the resources advertising on Warrior Forum, I thought I'd reach out to the community for it's opinion on the effectiveness of the paid advertising on Warrior Forum.

I'm aware there are many factors involved in the success of an ad, but all things being equal, how have your experiences been? How did you measure success?

Thanks all!
#forum #marketing #warrior
  • Originally Posted by DebtShare View Post


    I'm aware there are many factors involved in the success of an ad, but all things being equal, how have your experiences been? How did you measure success?

    Thanks all!
    Funny enough, it depends on what your product is.

    For instance: Most people who visit the WSO section are tactical loophole addicts who salivate all over their laptops when they read an ad that promises them quick traffic, quick money or quick traffic that makes them quick money.

    That's the way it is.

    If you take a look at the most popular ads, you'll see the pattern.

    It's a perfect place for people who have no issues with writing ads like...

    "How to Earn $10k in 30 Days"

    Dopamine addicts love that stuff.

    That's all I can say my friend. I don't put out WSO's often because I actually do have a problem with tricking people with "quick" and "easy" promises when clearly they have never worked unless all you care about is tactics and not strategies.

    That doesn't mean everyone who visits the WSO section is an opportunity seeker. There are people who are serious about creating a business, just not many.


    Think of the WSO section like the Pornhub of the MMO niche, and you'll do just fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    If you are selling anything that is more than $10-20 and does not promise to make someone with no experience, zero skills, and no desire to actually work more than 45 minutes a day into a millionaire within a few weeks, it is a waste of money.

    That's the quality of traffic here these days.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564312].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post


      That's the quality of traffic here these days.
      Well it is also the quality of the offers

      al
      Signature

      "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat." ~Lilly Tomlin~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564315].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        Well it is also the quality of the offers

        al
        And which came first?

        I think as the traffic slowed and the quality of the traffic went into the shitter, the offers started to match the market.

        That or the higher quality offers left leaving the plethora of lower quality ones that were always there to take up the space.
        Signature
        SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
        Get a FREE Quote.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564321].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Sour grapes out in force - but I have a different take on this thread.


    You joined two days ago and your first interaction is asking if you can make mmoney from members here. No one knows what you do or what your products are or anything about you because you have no participation here as yet.


    You can run an ad thread here for $20. and test the market for yourself. That would make more sense than asking what the 'value' is.
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Sour grapes out in force

      No sour grapes at all. I was never a seller here. I didn't lose anything.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564330].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      S
      You joined two days ago and your first interaction is asking if you can make mmoney from members here. No one knows what you do or what your products are or anything about you because you have no participation here as yet.

      on the other hand theres no such requirement to advertise here (and very few other places) so isn't it natural for a potential advertiser to ask? Facebook and adword advertisers don't even know many of the places and individual communities their ads will show up on.

      I just know that asking is not going to get an unbiased answer given theres a natural inclination not to speak negatively of the landlord (If there were in fact anything negative to say). I've wondered myself of the present value but I ask privately.

      Point of not knowing what the poster is selling is a valid point though. The question has no context regardless of participation. No advertising venue has the same value regardless of product or service .
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    If you are selling anything that is more than $10-20 and does not promise to make someone with no experience, zero skills, and no desire to actually work more than 45 minutes a day into a millionaire within a few weeks, it is a waste of money.

    That's the quality of traffic here these days.
    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    No sour grapes at all. I was never a seller here. I didn't lose anything.
    IOW, you have no actual first hand experience selling here but you still feel qualified to offer an opinion on selling here.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      IOW, you have no actual first hand experience selling here but you still feel qualified to offer an opinion on selling here.
      I know plenty of people who were sellers here as well as people who tried to sell here in more recent times.

      Also as a former mod, both at the peak of the forum's popularity as well as after the change in ownership, I got to see a lot of things behind the scenes.

      So yeah, I do feel pretty qualified to offer an opinion.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564356].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        I know plenty of people who were sellers here as well as people who tried to sell here in more recent times.

        Also as a former mod, both at the peak of the forum's popularity as well as after the change in ownership, I got to see a lot of things behind the scenes.

        So yeah, I do feel pretty qualified to offer an opinion.
        Of course you do. I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

        But since I can match all of your "qualifications", been here much longer, have all the info you claim to have, plus have actually sold here, you shouldn't offer heresay as first hand experience. Next time tell people it's your opinion, it's what you heard, but you have no actual experience.

        I don't have an issue with "reporting". I do have a problem with people not saying they are reporting and making their comments appear as first hand experience. This is also an issue in this forum and as a self-proclaimed expert of this forum, you should be especially aware of this issue.

        At the very least you should understand why Kay would assume that you did based on your earlier comments and that others, especially someone new here, may assume that you are giving first hand advice. The FACT is you didn't. Spin all you want. I'll stick with FACTS.
        Signature
        Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
        Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564363].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          But since I can match all of your "qualifications", been here much longer, have all the info you claim to have, plus have actually sold here, you shouldn't offer heresay as first hand experience. Next time tell people it's your opinion, it's what you heard, but you have no actual experience.

          Malarkey. No need to insult long time members here because they say something that ruffles your opinions but is the truth. I've never sold suits but I can tell you what many men like in a suit because I know enough of them and men in general (being one). We have all done business here (including MikeF ). Even without running a WSO we can speak to the market and the attitudes and pocket issues of those we have encountered in business . The average Imer is known to not want to spend much and not want to do very hard work. Thats not a mystery and frankly anyone that counters a well known fact hurts his own credibility. The failure rate of those in IM speaks to that fact and is well known and discussed by every experienced marketer.


          Pardon Mike for being real



          Your experience is just your opinion as well (aren't we all expressing ours? Not laying claim to the papacy?) and signing up to a forum here a few years earlier doesn't mean a hill of beans because those experienced and well known members here know the place has changed more than once. You can tell us about the good old days of the wild wild west and how you saw Wyatt Erp playing poker in a salon as tumbleweeds rolled by outside the swinging doors but...that doesn't speak to the market in Los Angeles now or any time modern. So its irrelevant.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564372].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kurt
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            Malarkey. No need to insult long time members here because they say something that ruffles your opinions but is the truth.
            We have all done business here (including MikeF ). Even without running a WSO we can speak to the market and the attitudes and pocket issues of those we have encountered in business . The average Imer is known to not want to spend much and not want to do very hard work. Thats not a mystery and frankly anyone that counters a well known fact hurts his own credibility. The failure rate of those in IM speaks to that fact and is well known and discussed by every experienced marketer.


            Pardon Mike for being real



            Your experience is just your opinion as well (aren't we all expressing ours? Not laying claim to the papacy?) and signing up to a forum here a few years earlier doesn't mean a hill of beans because those experienced and well known members here know the place has changed more than once. You can tell us about the good old days of the wild wild west and how you saw Wyatt Erp playing poker in a salon as tumbleweeds rolled by outside the swinging doors but...that doesn't speak to the market in Los Angeles now or any time modern. So its irrelevant.

            Actually, my experience here is a fact. It's an opinion as to how much value that experience has. My point wasn't to claim "authority" it was in response to Mike's "appeal to authority" fallacy. If one is going to claim "authority" they probably shouldn't do it to someone with more. The only real authority is I have is sold and he hasn't, nothing else in all that BS matters.

            You seemed to have missed many other of my points. You said:
            'No need to insult long time members here because they say something that ruffles your opinions but is the truth."
            My experiences are facts. It's an opinion on how much someone should take them into account.

            But speaking of "long time members"...I guess that only applies to MikeF and not me. See how you bring up things like "long term" and it's suppose to mean something, but with me it's only an opinion?

            100%

            You have another incorrect assumption. I never said I didn't agree with his opinion. I disagree with him not mentioning he never sold here and the way he presented his opinion.

            I notice you deleted this part of your post that gave an example of you being able to comment on the quality of suits, without having sold them. I'll assume you deleted it because it made my point, that you said you have never sold suits.

            All MikeF had to do was say, "I haven't sold here but from my experience talking to those that have..."

            His response wasn't wrong, it was incomplete.

            Your experience is just your opinion as well (aren't we all expressing ours? Not laying claim to the papacy?)
            Actually no. My experience is fact and having sold here is a fact, not an opinion, as is Mike having never sold here. An opinion would be based on that experience and what others think of my experience is their opinion.
            Signature
            Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
            Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564384].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              Actually, my experience here is a fact. It's an opinion as to how much value that experience has.
              Which proves my point since you are claiming your opinion has more validity based on experience. No it doesn't because no one can independently even verify your experiences. You are relating them which is subjective.Don't get confused in your own argument because you have been legitimately challenged on logical grounds. No one said you could not state your opinion. I challenged your claim to having more validity to your opinion based on longer experience (which frankly signup date to a forum doesn't even confirm)



              You have another incorrect assumption
              Theres no "another" since you haven't demonstrated any incorrect assumptions at all (proving only your own assumptions). Case in said point -


              I notice you deleted this part of your post that gave an example of you being able to comment on the quality of suits, without having sold them. I'll assume you deleted it because it made my point, that you said you have never sold suits.
              I'll assume you hit the sauce early (and HARD. Tequila?) today because my reference to suits is still right there as posted and it stills stands. NOTHING DELETED. I CAN offer an opinion on what men want in a suit without selling one. Captain obvious!




              Actually no. My experience is fact and having sold here is a fact, not an opinion, as is Mike having never sold here.
              and hence demonstrating your ignorance on his experience. Mike was referring to officially selling here. He has in fact taken clients here and HAS encountered many of the same buyers in WSOs. He and I routinely have been contacted by PM for advice and options particularly in SEO (still a part of IM) due to the participation Kay referred to. We know full well what many people here have bought and thought because they came crying to us when it didn't work

              So all this going on and beating your chest was just based on you not understanding context and what goes into experience. He has experience and since you claim experience is fact your argument is dead in the water. What you are really begging for is superior more reliable experience but that of course


              is nothing but your opinion.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    Originally Posted by DebtShare View Post

    how have your experiences been? How did you measure success?
    I can tell you that the recent ads I've run in my sig. have produced 95% third-world traffic. The remaining 5% were from the 20 or so Native English speakers who still regularly visit here (about half of whom have replied to this thread) and were curious about what I was up to.

    But of course, Kay is right. Test it for yourself.

    If you don't have the $20 to lose on a thread or $5 for a sig., I really don't know what to tell you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564376].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      $5 for a sig., I really don't know what to tell you.



      sigs are $5 now? Thats a value almost anywhere.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564378].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        sigs are $5 now? Thats a value almost anywhere.
        Two lines and I believe two links. Can't even buy a beer for that anymore.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564380].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

          Two lines and I believe two links. Can't even buy a beer for that anymore.



          ummm. Sorry I confused that with the Images in your ad option which I see is the same price.. Sigs by themselves used to be free for established members.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author codyhay
    I am not seller myself, but upto my experience. its the marketing strategy that actually counts for a successful campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564470].message }}

Trending Topics