14 replies
I am running a classified website and recently I removed 30,000+ ads that came from hired ad posters (I assume they work for SEO and ad posting companies). 99% of those ads came from one particular country. The ads don't look junkie and the links in them lead to legit websites, but I am thinking Google is not going to look favorably if my classifieds is filled with ads coming from hired ad posters.

If you ran a classifieds would you allow those types of ads stay or would you remove them? Do they bring value to a classifieds?

Maybe some of you have had a similar experience. I'll be happy to hear any suggestions and ideas.
#ad internet marketing #classified ad
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    Well, you can buy 500 Craigslist ads for $50. There are numerous sites offering the service. No pay for flagged or ghosted ads. So I'm guessing GL lets most of them stay.

    I'm no SEO expert but I would think as long as they are not spammy junk and the sites they link to are also not spammy junk then what would be the harm.

    I have ads running on your site and I see your TOS forbid paid posters, but you are offering free ads.

    Personally I would let them stay as long as they seem legit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author qwikaddotcom
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      Well, you can buy 500 Craigslist ads for $50. There are numerous sites offering the service. No pay for flagged or ghosted ads. So I'm guessing GL lets most of them stay.

      I'm no SEO expert but I would think as long as they are not spammy junk and the sites they link to are also not spammy junk then what would be the harm.

      I have ads running on your site and I see your TOS forbid paid posters, but you are offering free ads.

      Personally I would let them stay as long as they seem legit.
      Good points. Much appreciated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    This link is blacklisted, so you have some work to do:
    trckapp.com/DollarTravelBiz6/qwikad
    Signature
    In the minute it took me to write this post.. someone died of Covid 19. RIP.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569349].message }}
  • As long as the ads lead to a legitimate page, i cant see the problem. I post links with content on scoop.it and all the links are being re-posted on facebook, tumblr , list.ly, enetget, etc. SEO works better than ever
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author qwikaddotcom
    Thanks everyone. Best advice ever.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11573266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanofar banu
    If all the link leads to a legit websites, Then there is Not much of a problem. If all went to same website with same targeted keyword means, May be it will considered as a spam, And also it can affect your users experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11573409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author praetserge
    That's just spam... so keep it but don't come back and ask why real people don't want to post on your site. Would you post a genuine ad on a site with 30k spam ads?
    Signature
    PREMIUM WP THEMES AND PLUGINS - Download unlimited WordPress & Shopify downloads. All downloads are 100% original and can be used on unlimited websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574190].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
      Originally Posted by praetserge View Post

      That's just spam... so keep it but don't come back and ask why real people don't want to post on your site. Would you post a genuine ad on a site with 30k spam ads?
      That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

      I have "genuine" ads running on the site and so do a lot of other people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author praetserge
        Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

        That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

        I have "genuine" ads running on the site and so do a lot of other people.

        30k ads from the same person... definitely not natural and pure spam.
        You can keep them if you want... but i doubt I've ever seen a forum or clasifieds which would allow 30k ads/posts for the same website. Somebody is botting.
        Signature
        PREMIUM WP THEMES AND PLUGINS - Download unlimited WordPress & Shopify downloads. All downloads are 100% original and can be used on unlimited websites.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574421].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
          Originally Posted by praetserge View Post

          30k ads from the same person... definitely not natural and pure spam.
          You can keep them if you want... but i doubt I've ever seen a forum or clasifieds which would allow 30k ads/posts for the same website. Somebody is botting.
          Do you not know how to read? Nowhere does it say they are for the same site.

          Try reading this entire thread, if you can.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574461].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author praetserge
            Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

            Do you not know how to read? Nowhere does it say they are for the same site.

            Try reading this entire thread, if you can.

            I read the whole thread... you asked for an opinion and I gave you my opinion... that's all.
            It's your site... you decide what to keep and what to delete.
            Signature
            PREMIUM WP THEMES AND PLUGINS - Download unlimited WordPress & Shopify downloads. All downloads are 100% original and can be used on unlimited websites.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cmsminds
    I think having a lots of links to a particular website from single domain would not have any issue until it looks legit. It should look like originally posted by real users and not by bots.for instance if they are having the same title, description, links; it may look spammy. So check whether it looks spammy of its natural posts from different users and take the decision wisely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    OP, in all likelihood, those ads were posted by bots

    Given the fact that your site has become a target for link farms, Google might consider your site a source of "negative SEO" - ie., people build links on your site to deliberately poison the rankings of competitors

    You're in a tough situation. For starters, I suggest you do the following
    1) Install a CAPTCHA system to prevent bots from posting on your site
    2) Do a backlink audit using ahrefs/semrush or some other legit backlink checking tool
    3) Do MASS DISAVOWALS of links from dubious sources to your site
    4) Actively manage all outbound links so they don't go to spam sites

    Depending on how much money you make off your site (if at all), you might want to ditch it and start over again.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574475].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574916].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics