Use curiosity to make more sales

10 replies
Curiosity is a great way to motivate your prospects.

People go to great lengths to satisfy their curiosity, and because they do, you can include curiosity in your marketing funnel to generate sales.

In a typical funnel, there are four places where curiosity works especially well.

One is to use curiosity bullets in your sales page.

They're effective, because they claim a strong result, and they tease the reader.
For example, check out this curiosity bullet...
  • My "evergreen" technique to get you traffic for years... completely on autopilot. (And these leads are red hot buyers... ones that you don't generate from your own product sales.)
A prospect gets very curious after reading a bullet like this. He wonders, "What are these red-hot buyer leads that I can get for years completely on auto-pilot?"

In some cases, one curiosity bullet alone has been known to generate sales!

Alex


[Moderator's note: please refer to sig file rules]
#curiosity #make #sales
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

    A prospect gets very curious after reading a bullet like this. They wonder, "What are these red-hot buyer leads that I can get for years completely on auto-pilot?"

    In some cases, one curiosity bullet alone has been known to generate sales!

    Alex

    K, so now you got evrywan inclooded!


    Plus also, for sure there is powah in AND.


    You can add stuff on from anyplace with AND.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    It all boils down to the RESULTS you claim

    Can you back them up with hard evidence?

    Is there an appeal to a verifiable outside authority?
    Signature

    ORIGINAL CONTENT: Only $0.005 USD per word
    Quality Bulk Content for Articles / Blogs / Websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Livengood
    Interesting, thanks for the share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
    This is exactly why Blind Copy works so well. Ethical or not, is up to you to judge

    For anyone wanting to use Blind Copy, here's an example:

    Reveal Copy: Learn how to build niche websites that make money

    Blind Copy: Learn how to build these simple 'Samurai Campaigns' to make money.

    Poor effort but hope the point comes across.
    Signature
    Free Case Study: How I Generated $680.79 With 'Sneak Promotion'

    Click Here To Watch The Free Case Study (No Optin Required)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577606].message }}
    • Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      This is exactly why Blind Copy works so well. Ethical or not, is up to you to judge

      For anyone wanting to use Blind Copy, here's an example:

      Reveal Copy: Learn how to build niche websites that make money

      Blind Copy: Learn how to build these simple 'Samurai Campaigns' to make money.

      Poor effort but hope the point comes across.

      Samurai? Really? It's 2020. Your second headline is better than your first one, simply because it's more believable. In a time where marketers are trusted even less than murderers, being transparent and upfront stands out more.

      Your approach is outdated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577706].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        Samurai? Really? It's 2020. Your second headline is better than your first one, simply because it's more believable. In a time where marketers are trusted even less than murderers, being transparent and upfront stands out more.

        Your approach is outdated.
        1. For starters, it was to make a point that blind copy sells.

        2. You can spell out exactly what you're teaching, what they are getting and I can pretty much 100% of the time, increase conversions by adding some blind copy to it. Outdated or not.

        3. "In a time where marketers are trusted even less than murderers, being transparent and upfront stands out more"

        So, I'm guessing if you were to write up an ad, you'll write up something like

        "Lose weight by eating healthy". If yes, no comment.
        Signature
        Free Case Study: How I Generated $680.79 With 'Sneak Promotion'

        Click Here To Watch The Free Case Study (No Optin Required)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Offhander
    It's a great idea. There's a certain talent to being able to catch people's attention. One that would come with time and experiecne, I imagine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577626].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post


    They're effective, because they claim a strong result, and they tease the reader.
    For example, check out this curiosity bullet...
    • My "evergreen" technique to get you traffic for years... completely on autopilot. (And these leads are red hot buyers... ones that you don't generate from your own product sales.)
    In my mind a bullet like that creates more skepticism than curiousity. Telling a prospect they can get free traffic on autopilot, for years, is a claim they have heard so many times before that it raises doubt, because many who have made a similar claim in the past, have not fulfilled the promise.


    Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

    A prospect gets very curious after reading a bullet like this. He wonders, "What are these red-hot buyer leads that I can get for years completely on auto-pilot?"
    2015 called. They want their bag o' copy tricks back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author depotgang
    More than Curiosity I think most people buy out of HOPE that something real is going to happen.

    This is what creates a lot of disappointments and refunds, but it does convert. Now my copywriter has used a lot of curiosity for OPTINS and HOPE for sales letters.

    As for me as a buyer I look at the benefits, I understand if it will benefit my business and I take action when something looks to be of value. If its not..I ask for refund usually within minutes of purchasing. JUNK is JUNK!

    Selling someone with experience will be different the selling HOPE to the mindless crowd that still thinks it will take 3 clicks to make 10 million bucks.

    Consider your audience and then be prepared to handle the blow back.

    Good luck
    Signature

    The Only Plugin You Need to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Best Part is It Free

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    People interested in curiosity marketing may also want to read up on how MOVIES are marketed through 'anticipation marketing'

    These are all just variations of 'launch marketing' techniques - not exactly new.
    Signature

    ORIGINAL CONTENT: Only $0.005 USD per word
    Quality Bulk Content for Articles / Blogs / Websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577924].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics