I am a newbie in cpa marketing. I have some questions about similarweb. Many people use it to see what traffic source a website is having. If similarweb shows a website have 70% direct traffic and the remaining 30% are referral from cpa sites. What does it mean? Does it mean nobody finds the site via google or bing ads or social media?
Another question I have is, if similarweb shows a website only have, say, less than 2 - 3% traffic from social media. Does it still worthwhile to promote the offer on social media? I see that many people are taking about using Facebook ads to promote. But if similarweb shows that social media isn't a popular way to attract traffic for that website, will we still use social media?
I am very confused now with similarweb. What's the best way to use it? How much should I rely on its data in order to know which channels to focus on?