How to Contact Affiliates

28 replies
Hi everyone,

I'd like to reach out to affiliates and ask them to promote my product when it launches. They must get a lot of emails asking them to do the same.

What is the best way of going about this?

Many thanks,

John
#affiliates #contact
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author George Flm
    That's the million dollar question.

    Did you know that the good affiliates find you more than you find them.

    Make a splash in your industry and affiliates will find you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
    Thanks, George. Great advice.

    I've started making my presence known on various JV boards.

    I'm wondering what else I can do?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author e-mail2u
    Your going to need a way to manage, track and pay your affiliates sites like codecanyon have some good scripts you can buy for really cheap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    Link out and connect and build awareness about yourself in groups or you tubing or blogging .My question to you is have you ever sold any products or have testimonials from people advocating on your behalf .You can find affiliates to promote but don't need tire kickers and spammer promoting your.items .If You wanted people with brand authority and a good reputation to promote for you there has to be a value proposition .You have to ask yourself why would anyone promote your products .Are you somewhat established because if not I would focus on building brand equity still build the product get proof of concept before you try to get a mass by in
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
    Thanks, Jamel. Very useful information. I'll definitely add YouTube videos to the mix. It's a very good product that I've made (hopefully!) but reputation is my challenge.

    Chicken and egg situation!

    And thanks for the tip about being choosy with affiliates.

    More contributions would be welcome.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Miller
    But cold mailing will never be redundant. I advice you to pay attention on coupon websites. They are really good affiliates for selling your products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11584965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ajith Beliv
    Bro, focus on big youtuber related to your niche . Try to make relationship with them by giving small small help to them . Even the big YouTubers have some problem in making new creative contents for satisfying their audience . So make research on their niche , write best valuable articles for their audience and give this article for FREE to the YouTubers. If they found useful , they will again contact you . Slowly build relationships . Then they trust you in this niche . So they ask you what you are doing . You explain about you and your product . And tell them as you are an internet marketer , you have a product . They will help you in return [ Reciprocity Principle ]

    Thank You
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
      Originally Posted by Ajith Beliv View Post

      Bro, focus on big youtuber related to your niche . Try to make relationship with them by giving small small help to them . Even the big YouTubers have some problem in making new creative contents for satisfying their audience . So make research on their niche , write best valuable articles for their audience and give this article for FREE to the YouTubers. If they found useful , they will again contact you . Slowly build relationships . Then they trust you in this niche . So they ask you what you are doing . You explain about you and your product . And tell them as you are an internet marketer , you have a product . They will help you in return [ Reciprocity Principle ]

      Thank You
      A very different approach and very interesting. All it will cost is a little of my time. Thank you for the idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585204].message }}
  • If you have no name recognition, then 99.9999% will ignore you or say no.

    If you're starting out with no name recognition, I suggest you use the Dana Derricks approach and "bribe" them by sending gifts, gift cards, cash, etc upfront. I don't need to these days but I still do it because I get more big names on my launches. Can discuss in more detail sometime if you'd like.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585154].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
      Originally Posted by Steven of Polonius View Post

      If you have no name recognition, then 99.9999% will ignore you or say no.

      If you're starting out with no name recognition, I suggest you use the Dana Derricks approach and "bribe" them by sending gifts, gift cards, cash, etc upfront. I don't need to these days but I still do it because I get more big names on my launches. Can discuss in more detail sometime if you'd like.
      Thanks, Steven. Most appreciated and I've made a note.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Here's the thing...


    WHY would they want to promote for you? I want to choose a high converting offer, preferably from somebody I know - as I know how they operate their business, and I know how they treat their customers.

    People like to reciprocate - if you want to big players to promote for you - promote for them, get on their leaderboards, send them a shit ton of sales, get to know them on social media. But don't just approach them and say "hey, want to promote my shit?" that happens to me all the time, happened yesterday even - and I said no, BC i had no idea who they were, and their JV page looked like shit.
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
      Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post

      Here's the thing...


      WHY would they want to promote for you? I want to choose a high converting offer, preferably from somebody I know - as I know how they operate their business, and I know how they treat their customers.

      People like to reciprocate - if you want to big players to promote for you - promote for them, get on their leaderboards, send them a shit ton of sales, get to know them on social media. But don't just approach them and say "hey, want to promote my shit?" that happens to me all the time, happened yesterday even - and I said no, BC i had no idea who they were, and their JV page looked like shit.
      Thank you, Jeff. some plain speaking which is absolutely right, I'm sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    If you are going to try and recruit good affiliates to promote your offer. You need to fully test the offer and have all aspects dialed in and be able to show that it's a high converting offer and have the stats to back it up?

    I'm what is considered a super affiliate. I have what I've always termed opportunity costs. During any given day/week I can only promote a certain number of offers. So I'm obviously going to promote those that have proven to produce the greatest ROI ... will provide me with the best opportunity to make the most amount of money.

    So if an advertiser can't show me that it is worth testing (worth risking my opportunity cost) then I'm just going to pass. Additionally, I won't work with anyone unless they are using a proven 3rd party affiliate management system. If they have some cheap self-hosted script, again, I'm just going to pass.

    Anyway, something to think about.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    19 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      If you are going to try and recruit good affiliates to promote your offer. You need to fully test the offer and have all aspects dialed in and be able to show that it's a high converting offer and have the stats to back it up?

      I'm what is considered a super affiliate. I have what I've always termed opportunity costs. During any given day/week I can only promote a certain number of offers. So I'm obviously going to promote those that have proven to produce the greatest ROI ... will provide me with the best opportunity to make the most amount of money.

      So if an advertiser can't show me that it is worth testing (worth risking my opportunity cost) then I'm just going to pass. Additionally, I won't work with anyone unless they are using a proven 3rd party affiliate management system. If they have some cheap self-hosted script, again, I'm just going to pass.

      Anyway, something to think about.
      Thank you, Diablo. There is some great advice on this thread from some real big affiliates and it can only help to see things from their side. I hadn't thought about the affiliate system. The thought had not crossed my mind to host my own affiliate system (I'm with one of the big ones) but I shall certainly never consider my own hosted script. Who knows, the idea might have come into my mind in the future.

      Good, useful thoughts.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mody5
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      I won't work with anyone unless they are using a proven 3rd party affiliate management system.
      Can you list some of the 3rd party aff management system you know?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585443].message }}
  • Hi ! Most affiliates still go back to the few key platforms like Amazon, ClickBank, JV Zoo, etc. Depending on your product niche, certain platforms are more well suited than others in terms of the nature of the product.

    The key question is not finding affiliates but rather finding GOOD and COMMITTED affiliates.

    As a merchant, giving affiliates good support (like sampling upon request, etc) help them to promote your product better through stronger copywriting, reviews, etc> When merchants are more supportive, good affiliates will come and stay with the merchants and that's where the committment comes.

    Good luck and best wishes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    You will need to find an appropriate affiliate service provider. It all depends on the niche you choose.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    I have been in JV launch groups with Creators making statements like someone had the audacity to contact them cold about promoting. I have mixed emotions on this.

    I totally understand it. Someone probably told them to pound sand when they were just starting out and reached out.

    Personally I think the key will be your own email list. It is a must have before a launch.

    You survey them on their pain points. You deliver exactly what they were craving or missing.

    You get them excited for your launch day. You build first day MOMENTUM.

    It is that first day momentum, first 24, 48 hours that will get an Affiliates Attention to come along for the ride....or not.

    But also make things drop dead easy for them to join with a helpful Affiliate page that may include banners etc.

    Join the launch boards.

    Be Creative.

    Remember you can offer your Product as a Bonus to an already successful Launch and maybe add theirs to yours.

    There is also option of 100% on the front end to affiliates if you have some quality higher priced back end upsells.

    Congrats on your New Launch.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585797].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Marshall
      Originally Posted by Profit Traveler View Post

      I have been in JV launch groups with Creators making statements like someone had the audacity to contact them cold about promoting. I have mixed emotions on this.

      I totally understand it. Someone probably told them to pound sand when they were just starting out and reached out.

      Personally I think the key will be your own email list. It is a must have before a launch.

      You survey them on their pain points. You deliver exactly what they were craving or missing.

      You get them excited for your launch day. You build first day MOMENTUM.

      It is that first day momentum, first 24, 48 hours that will get an Affiliates Attention to come along for the ride....or not.

      But also make things drop dead easy for them to join with a helpful Affiliate page that may include banners etc.

      Join the launch boards.

      Be Creative.

      Remember you can offer your Product as a Bonus to an already successful Launch and maybe add theirs to yours.

      There is also option of 100% on the front end to affiliates if you have some quality higher priced back end upsells.

      Congrats on your new New Launch.
      Thank you, Profit Traveller.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    You could also list your offer on muncheye.com

    I go there as an affiliate but never as a vendor so you might want to do a little research first.

    al
    Signature

    "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time" ~Steve Jobs~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    If you're going to manually contact affiliates you might as well target the super affiliates. Successful website owners who have a list of some sort (email, blog, youtube). Offer them a generous commission and have tools available at their disposal so they can check on the campaign at all times.

    This essentially will be a JV request, so start with site owners in your niche who has mechanisms in place that indicates they have a list to promote to. You can find them everywhere. Forums, google searches, youtube, blog directories, and even ebay and amazon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Frink
    use mobedia or topoffers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11585988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smithmary01
    Write a blog post and email to your newsletter inviting people to join your affiliate program. Contact other bloggers and internet marketers in your niche and ask them to promote your product. Search forums for quality people who sound like they have a successful business and ask them to promote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11586291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneyroad
    Hey, you could list new product launch on muncheye.com
    Make competition between affiliates with prizes- it may be one of the reasons promote.
    Signature
    peakminute - blog about marketing and online business
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11586327].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics