How to start with paid advertising?

61 replies
I'm selling digital photography prints on Etsy and either that Etsy SEO isn't enough to get me sales, or that I don't yet master it!
So I want to learn how to use paid ads to promote my digital prints, but I don't know where to start?
The most important Promotion sources?
Google ads?
Facebook, IG ads?
Pinterest ads?
...
I'm getting low organic Etsy traffic and a few sales, I tried Etsy ads but they're expensive and not effective!!
WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?

Thanks!
#advertising #paid #start
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I suggest you start by using the forum search to find discussions here about each of those potential ad venues.


    But also - have you considere selling your prints through photography/image sites?
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11592857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joaquin112
    Try the different ads available. Start with Facebook, then Instagram, then Pinterest. I'd say Facebook could work well for you if you get the targeting/ad right. Also, don't forget to build an e-mail list instead of just sending people straight to the offer.
    Signature

    Publish your free e-book in our platform and gain e-mail subscribers. Sign up at WordWish.com.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11592868].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author talfighel
      Originally Posted by joaquin112 View Post

      Try the different ads available. Start with Facebook, then Instagram, then Pinterest. I'd say Facebook could work well for you if you get the targeting/ad right. Also, don't forget to build an e-mail list instead of just sending people straight to the offer.
      Find someone who is well known when it comes to Facebook marketing or any other platform and buy their course so that you start your ads on the right foot.

      You don't want to just throw a bunch of ads and money if you don't know what you are doing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11609271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Omar Ihcaamel View Post

    I'm getting low organic Etsy traffic and a few sales, I tried Etsy ads but they're expensive and not effective!!
    WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?
    Omar, before you dive into creating and paying upfront for ads, which usually comes with a steep learning curve, you should check out Etsy's recently launched "Offsite Ads" service. Essentially, the Etsy sales team use their experience to promote your items on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Bing. When someone clicks on an online ad featuring one of your listings and purchases from your shop within 30 days, you pay a 15% advertising fee on that order. But as you only pay when you make a sale, there's no upfront advertising cost. Obviously, you'll need to make sure your selling prices allow for whatever margin you need.

    You should also make sure you're fully optimizing your Etsy listings, using all the alloted tags and the relevant keywords in your title and descriptions. Look through the Etsy sellers handbook for tips on this and other advice on formatting your offers.

    Finally, you haven't said what kind of prints you're selling. If they cover a broad range of subjects, and appeal to a wide cross-section of potential buyers, you'll have a harder time establishing a reputation. If you can, it would be better to have a tight focus and concentrate on a specific genre or style of print - at least to start with. You'll find it a lot easier to promote your work and you'll probably get more repeat buyers.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11592873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

      Omar, before you dive into creating and paying upfront for ads, which usually comes with a steep learning curve, you should check out Etsy's recently launched "Offsite Ads" service. Essentially, the Etsy sales team use their experience to promote your items on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Bing. When someone clicks on an online ad featuring one of your listings and purchases from your shop within 30 days, you pay a 15% advertising fee on that order. But as you only pay when you make a sale, there's no upfront advertising cost. Obviously, you'll need to make sure your selling prices allow for whatever margin you need.

      You should also make sure you're fully optimizing your Etsy listings, using all the alloted tags and the relevant keywords in your title and descriptions. Look through the Etsy sellers handbook for tips on this and other advice on formatting your offers.

      Finally, you haven't said what kind of prints you're selling. If they cover a broad range of subjects, and appeal to a wide cross-section of potential buyers, you'll have a harder time establishing a reputation. If you can, it would be better to have a tight focus and concentrate on a specific genre or style of print - at least to start with. You'll find it a lot easier to promote your work and you'll probably get more repeat buyers.
      I have been getting a few shoppers visits from Offsite Advertising and 0 orders so far! So I wondered if offsite advertising would also help if you're already making a nice sales figure!!

      I'm trying to optimize my listings as I can, I've ranked most of my digital photography prints on the first page or on the first 3 pages, but can't you stay ranked on the first page for a long time, particularly on Etsy right?

      Right they cover a wide variety of subjects but all in black and white, so I've decided to sell only black and white digital photography digital prints that's what I'm trying to focus on in my shop, I guess my first issue is traffic and I found that if I list new items every day my Etsy traffic increased!

      Concerning repeat buyers Etsy showed I got my first one!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593116].message }}
  • I suggest you start with Facebook and Instagram ads campaign. Instagram is a very appropriate platform for your digital photography prints. Instagram has over a billion subscribers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martin smith
    Tips to Help You Get Started With Paid Advertising

    Create a Paid Advertising Checklist. When you're first getting started, take time to thoroughly walk through your campaign
    Build Your Advertising Keyword List
    Test and Evaluate Your Online Ads
    Don't Forget About Your Ad Campaigns
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonMorrisCMP
    First, don't just run ads by yourself with no experience.

    I have trained using AdSkills. The reason I like them is because they really focus on defining your target audience. If you are going to run ads on your own, then you will have to do the work to really define your customers. What are their wants? What are their pains? What are they hearing? You will need to research Facebook groups and competitor pages to gather information. Once you build that, you can start running ads on any platform. GDN, Facebook, etc.

    The other cool thing I like about these guys is, they strategies for retargeting. There is a claim that only about 2% of the ads running convert the first time they are seen. So, you will need to have a strategy that keeps showing an ad to others who clicked on your ad and ended up on your page, but maybe didn't buy.

    Full disclosure: I am no expert yet but, I spent a lot of money on ads to get no results. I am currently reworking my strategy after going through the training but, I now have a much better understanding of what my potential customers needs are.

    I hope that helps.

    Jason
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by JasonMorrisCMP View Post

      First, don't just run ads by yourself with no experience.

      I have trained using AdSkills. The reason I like them is because they really focus on defining your target audience. If you are going to run ads on your own, then you will have to do the work to really define your customers. What are their wants? What are their pains? What are they hearing? You will need to research Facebook groups and competitor pages to gather information. Once you build that, you can start running ads on any platform. GDN, Facebook, etc.

      The other cool thing I like about these guys is, they strategies for retargeting. There is a claim that only about 2% of the ads running convert the first time they are seen. So, you will need to have a strategy that keeps showing an ad to others who clicked on your ad and ended up on your page, but maybe didn't buy.

      Full disclosure: I am no expert yet but, I spent a lot of money on ads to get no results. I am currently reworking my strategy after going through the training but, I now have a much better understanding of what my potential customers needs are.

      I hope that helps.

      Jason
      Thank you so much for this valuable piece of knowledge, I will read about it as much as I can!
      As I learned, in Facebook Advertising the key points are:
      How to reach the right audience?
      How to scale up your ad if it's getting pleasant results?
      And as you said what's the customer problem you solve? Means I need to get to learn more about the target audience!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digital55
    With digital photography prints, you are going to want to advertise on something that's visual.

    You should try IG and Pinterest together and see which one gets you the best results.

    Be sure to send your visitors to an optin page and collect their emails. A lot of people won't buy from you initially when they click your ad so you need a way to follow up with them (and make back your ad costs)

    Build a list and then you can send your potential customers coupons to incentivize them to make their first purchase from you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VaneSSka
    probably you can learn in youtube videos ,also here in search find what you need and also you can try to find blogs about this topic .will help you i think .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    This is a thread just started with facebook ads, the right ways, it seems:


    https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...-paid-ads.html.


    Besides what Frank said, facebook and instagram would probably be good... You need, though, to have a really good idea of who's likely to buy your images.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593290].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      This is a thread just started with facebook ads, the right ways, it seems:


      https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...-paid-ads.html.


      Besides what Frank said, facebook and instagram would probably be good... You need, though, to have a really good idea of who's likely to buy your images.
      Right targeting correctly isn't an easy task!!
      I can't use facebook pixel with etsy, too, so I'm curious if advertising without a facebook pixel is not bad?!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris-
    Understand that a lot of people lose money with paid ads, so . . .

    You either need to do a lot of research and learning, and have enough budget for real testing . . . a good rule of thumb is that each test requires you to spend 3 times the payout.

    OR . . . find an expert to help you get good results. There are experts for each type of paid adds, and for different product types (for example, there are people who specialise in FB ads for online-business webinars). They will typically charge $1k to $4k per month, plus your ad spend, but they can help you get good results much more rapidly than doing all the learning and testing yourself.

    There are FB groups for FB ads, Google ads etc. where you can ask questions or find an expert.

    As for SEO, it takes time (weeks at least, and usually months), but the advantage is that for a fixed amount of work or cost, the results will continually increase over time.

    On-page SEO basics . . . high quality content is the most important factor. You should have a blog so you can create posts on the best of relevant keywords (use UberSuggest to find lots of possible keywords) . . . find keywords (phrases) with 500 to 6k monthly searches (you can aim higher than that as your DA increases) with the lowest SEO difficulty you can find (KWFinder is the most accurate for that), and write very high quality 2,400+ word articles on each of the best keywords, linking to your sales pages.

    Off-page SEO basics . . . ONLY build back-links from sites with Domain Authority (DA) of 20+ and only from pages with content relevant to yours. You also need plenty of social-media links and signals (Likes, Shares, comments etc.) to show Google that your content is popular. And you can also promote your products directly on social-media . . . find relevant FB groups and see how others are promoting effectively and do something similar, or build your own Group for your ideal buyers.

    Pinterest is great for images, so create a profile for your business and post daily. You can find relevant Group boards to join, which can boost your views. And make sure your account is set to "business" . . . it's still free but you get much better stats . . . clicks is what matters, of course, so optimise for those.

    Hope that gives you some ideas to explore

    Chris
    Signature
    HUGE Affiliate Opportunity! High quality online business course, by a proven 7-figure expert, sold by webinar.
    $297, 50% commission, paid in as little as 3 days. - Full details: Click here for our Partner JV Page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593666].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Thank you so much for that informative answer!
      Very much appreciated!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593953].message }}
  • Hi,

    Certainly I would not recommend PPC advertising for your nature of business. It is most important for your business to showcase your work thus visual plays a big part that PPC advertising is unable to provide.

    I would say visual effect by having Instagram advertising and channel the traffic from there to your Facebook Fan Page or Blog as this allows the channeled traffic to view your gallery of work.

    I do not recommend Pinterest though that is also a possibility as I feel (my personal opinion) that the viral effect of Pinterest is lower and more inclined to the female gender. I am sure you would prefer to target both genders in the case of your business.

    I hope the above helps. Good luck !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by Margaret Low Tremolieres View Post

      Hi,

      Certainly I would not recommend PPC advertising for your nature of business. It is most important for your business to showcase your work thus visual plays a big part that PPC advertising is unable to provide.

      I would say visual effect by having Instagram advertising and channel the traffic from there to your Facebook Fan Page or Blog as this allows the channeled traffic to view your gallery of work.

      I do not recommend Pinterest though that is also a possibility as I feel (my personal opinion) that the viral effect of Pinterest is lower and more inclined to the female gender. I am sure you would prefer to target both genders in the case of your business.

      I hope the above helps. Good luck !
      Interesting opinion! I use social media to push traffic to my Etsy shop but it's not working well, I don't even find out what I'm doing wrong and that's why I want to know more about paid ads!
      With regard to targeting, females are more interested in home decoration than males from what I see on Facebook insights so I was trying to target only females!

      Thank you so much for your opinions!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Why not buy shoutouts on instagram .search for a big influencer on your niche and pay himma small acount to see h0w it works
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author egrayson
    As you have organic traffic, I'd suggest you make a facebook page, connected with an Instagram account. Build that page up by using facebook groups and try getting shout-outs for free from other similar businesses. As a photographer, you can most attention and engagements on Instagram if you use the right keywords. Then you can use small ($5-10) ads on both platforms to see which one is more beneficial; tweak these ads as Chris has mentioned in this thread so that you don't lose money. This forum has a wealth of resources, videos, eBooks etc on how to post ads. Wish you success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11593977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author surveypacific
    you can use paid facebook and you can select your own audience on fb and instagram
    google business is also best for paid advertising
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11594857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LawrenceNetto
    Could you please narrow down your need with location, buyers persona, and style of "digital photography prints"? USA, UK, and Europe are the most promising locations to sell "digital photography prints".


    Facebook ads suit best for "photography prints" as you can target business nature, income size, location and many things which can bring the best conversions.


    Moreover, I would recommend using Facebook video ads for better exposure. Same Ad copy you can run on Instagram simultaneously.


    Best, Lawrence.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11594861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TobiMDD
    For your kind of business I think Instagram would be the ideal place to be.
    The key is to focus on one single thing and never get distracted from something else.


    So try to master instagram and get as much followers as possible by using popular hashtags in your posts and following potential customers in your niche.


    It's something what you can do every single day within only an hour maybe.


    The rest of your time you are using to learn about how to master instagram ads. You can find information about it all over the internet.


    Do this consistently and never give up and soon you will see great results :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11594867].message }}
  • Before diving in paid advertising, I'd recommend that you check your website and that is optimised for obtaining sales, perhaps is the layout or conversion funnel?

    Do you promote your website via social media or blog posts? Do you know the type of customer that you want to reach?

    Paid advertising is an additional channel but once you have learnt what drives conversion in your site.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11594901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author komal sitapara
    You can use Instagram, the Facebook group, and also start with forum and quora search for more guidance. Pinterest Ads is also a good option for paying ads. but you have to consider your business related site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11595357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ou Jason
    As I know about Etsy,you might not be able to create ads from google and promo for your store,but facebook or pinterest can,and if you want to increase your sales you should learn about the principle of CPC ads in every marketplace,you may need to choose the longtail keywords first which should be highly matched to your product and price per click would be lower,I think you should find out the reason why your ads not work and then decide whether to use facebook or another channel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11595742].message }}
  • Try Facebook Ads. They are a better approach here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
    You can try google and bingads

    target buyers traffic and you can make sales with some

    good targeted clicks. It's all about the buyer keywords list
    Signature
    Get Your Free Guide - Discover How I Generate Up To
    $250+/Day Online With This Copy-Paste-Profit System - Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    I recommend you utilize pay per click through Google Adwords and Reddit Ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Omar Ihcaamel View Post

    I'm selling digital photography prints on Etsy and either that Etsy SEO isn't enough to get me sales, or that I don't yet master it!
    So I want to learn how to use paid ads to promote my digital prints, but I don't know where to start?
    The most important Promotion sources?
    Google ads?
    Facebook, IG ads?
    Pinterest ads?
    ...
    I'm getting low organic Etsy traffic and a few sales, I tried Etsy ads but they're expensive and not effective!!
    WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?

    Thanks!
    Most of my customers come to us to get targeted traffic but I tell them always before even purchasing our traffic: is your website design okay? are you offering some discounts? is it easy for a customer to navigate on your website?

    Sometimes just those small things can make a huge difference in ROI
    Signature
    ★★★★★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goldenbold
    If you interesting paid advertising you should try from Facebook ads. Facebook ad conversion is so high
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598320].message }}
  • I would start with Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, FB ads (if they accept your website), IG, and even Ebay. Then branch out to see if there are sites, blogs, and forums in your niche that you can advertise on.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Golabb1
    Banned
    Hi you can try Facebook adds or Google adds. It will help you. I love Facebook adds. !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kjblitz
    I think the best to start is probably adwords. You can set a daily budget and test different campaign and keywords to see which one works
    Signature
    Who Wants A FREE COURSE On How To Build An Online Business, Using A Simple 9 Step System?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 55sadhikar
    Originally Posted by Omar Ihcaamel View Post

    WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?

    Thanks!
    If you can figure out, who are you selling to, it would be easier to talk about traffic source....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11604793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hsvdm
    I think for this kind of offer you shouold go with FB / IG ads. Shouold work fine but you have to do your home work before doing it


    Another route should be to create a fb fan page / Instagram page / Pinterest and show the world your stuff and sell from there. It takes time but you are selling visual stuff and it is easy to post daily.


    Maybe you can start contest to build up followers and email lists, so you have more opportunities to market your offers. Just think about it.


    Hope that helps
    Mirko
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11604796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
    Hi there!

    What you mention in your post, the paid traffic source
    Google
    Facebook
    IG,
    Pinterest

    They all work and you can start with any of them.

    But here's my advice. You start with one first

    You have to choose one paid traffic source, then really spend time
    and money to master it.

    If you don't master it, then you will make no money.
    Signature
    Get Your Free Guide - Discover How I Generate Up To
    $250+/Day Online With This Copy-Paste-Profit System - Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11604807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samsabir
    Starting off with Facebook ads can the best strategy as the audiences can be targeted easily and the budget is manageable as well.b Afterwards, you can move on Instagram and Pinterest. Google ads is very authentic and highly expensive as well, try moving on to it after you have done enough research from other campaigns first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin black
    If you have money then you can use Facebook ads, google ads, Pinterest ads campaigns. paid traffic can help your business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Do PAID advertising the SMART way.... reverse engineer your competition

    They are doing what they are doing for a reason!

    Build on what they are doing so you get a headstart

    No need to make rookie mistakes... you can't afford to
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606276].message }}
  • Start at typing Free Ad Coupon into search.

    But do not waste it. Do your homework first also there are Groups that can assist.


    Writeaway is spot on with studying long running ads they are long running because profitable. But you need to get the basics first. Ad Networks have some training if you dig for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    Originally Posted by Omar Ihcaamel View Post

    I'm selling digital photography prints on Etsy and either that Etsy SEO isn't enough to get me sales, or that I don't yet master it!
    So I want to learn how to use paid ads to promote my digital prints, but I don't know where to start?
    The most important Promotion sources?
    Google ads?
    Facebook, IG ads?
    Pinterest ads?
    ...
    I'm getting low organic Etsy traffic and a few sales, I tried Etsy ads but they're expensive and not effective!!
    WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?

    Thanks!
    You need to mount a serious campaign on social media, forums and even paid ads. Well it will take some time but eventually you will be somewhere.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author klixion
    You don't always have to pay to get exposure. Join all of the top social media platforms and put up your images with watermarks. Attach keywords and your brand/company to your posts as well as your web link. It's more fun to see your business grow with your effort instead of hiring someone else. It's also a good learning experience. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606407].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by klixion View Post

      You don't always have to pay to get exposure. Join all of the top social media platforms and put up your images with watermarks. Attach keywords and your brand/company to your posts as well as your web link. It's more fun to see your business grow with your effort instead of hiring someone else. It's also a good learning experience. Good luck!
      Correct, I'm really concentrating on posting frequently on Instagram and Pinterest, I get some monthly visitis from pinterest, but I'm not having visits from Instagram only interactions!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by Omar Ihcaamel View Post

    I'm selling digital photography prints on Etsy and either that Etsy SEO isn't enough to get me sales, or that I don't yet master it!
    So I want to learn how to use paid ads to promote my digital prints, but I don't know where to start?
    The most important Promotion sources?
    Google ads?
    Facebook, IG ads?
    Pinterest ads?
    ...
    I'm getting low organic Etsy traffic and a few sales, I tried Etsy ads but they're expensive and not effective!!
    WHAT and HOW do I need to learn in order to start successful marketing campaigns?

    Thanks!
    First of all, I would never spend advertising to promote another website. If you're going to advertise, you should have your own e-commerce website and drive traffic there. Use Etsy and other marketplace websites for the organic traffic that they contain.

    With that said, I'd start with Google Search Ad and Google Shopping Ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606421].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by Steve L View Post

      First of all, I would never spend advertising to promote another website. If you're going to advertise, you should have your own e-commerce website and drive traffic there. Use Etsy and other marketplace websites for the organic traffic that they contain.

      With that said, I'd start with Google Search Ad and Google Shopping Ads.
      I thought that if I drive traffic to my Etsy shop the conversion rate would be higher than my own website! Am I wrong?
      Driving traffic to my own website will allow me to use Facebook pixel which is great in facebook advertisements!
      It was previously possible to use facebook pixel with your etsy store, now you can't, means that any e-commerce platform would like to exploit their data and provide you with advertisement services!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mort Blacklock
    why you didn't mention Instagram? I think it'll work best for now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by Mort Blacklock View Post

      why you didn't mention Instagram? I think it'll work best for now.
      I said Facebook and IG paid ads, IG (Instagram).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606571].message }}
  • Starting with paid ads need to be mentored by a professional, Do it yourself can burn lots of money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Primitivesense
    Google ads and ads across similar niche sites are great. If you utilise social media a lot then you should use these(if you don't then I would not prioritise them). What content would you use for the graphic side of the ads. Would you edit something yourself or get a creative designer? You want to pay for ads but not waste the money posting a terrible ad. We are in the same situation, we have decided to get an advert specialist (yes it will be more costly) but we will have better adverts. You also need to decide the specs and sizes you are after, heres a list of google ones:

    Mobile Ads
    • 300 x 250
    • 320 x 100
    • 250 x 250 - Square
    • 200 x 200 - Small Square
    Computer Ads
    • 300 x 250
    • 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
    • 728 x 90 - Leaderboard
    • 300 x 600 - Half-Page Ad
    • 160 x 600 - Wide Skyscraper
    • 970 x 90 - Large Leaderboard
    • 468 x 60 - Banner
    • 250 x 250 - Square
    • 200 x 200 - Small Square
    Banners that perform best in rank order:
    • Medium Rectangle (300--250)
    • Large Rectangle (336--280)
    • Leaderboard (728--90)
    • Half Page (300--600)
    • Large Mobile Banner (320--100)

    Good luck, love everyone else's comments so take those on board too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606674].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by Primitivesense View Post

      Google ads and ads across similar niche sites are great. If you utilise social media a lot then you should use these(if you don't then I would not prioritise them). What content would you use for the graphic side of the ads. Would you edit something yourself or get a creative designer? You want to pay for ads but not waste the money posting a terrible ad. We are in the same situation, we have decided to get an advert specialist (yes it will be more costly) but we will have better adverts. You also need to decide the specs and sizes you are after, heres a list of google ones:

      Mobile Ads
      • 300 x 250
      • 320 x 100
      • 250 x 250 - Square
      • 200 x 200 - Small Square
      Computer Ads
      • 300 x 250
      • 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
      • 728 x 90 - Leaderboard
      • 300 x 600 - Half-Page Ad
      • 160 x 600 - Wide Skyscraper
      • 970 x 90 - Large Leaderboard
      • 468 x 60 - Banner
      • 250 x 250 - Square
      • 200 x 200 - Small Square
      Banners that perform best in rank order:
      • Medium Rectangle (300--250)
      • Large Rectangle (336--280)
      • Leaderboard (728--90)
      • Half Page (300--600)
      • Large Mobile Banner (320--100)

      Good luck, love everyone else's comments so take those on board too!
      Thank you so much!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Primitivesense
    Google ads and ads across similar niche sites are great. If you utilise social media a lot then you should use these(if you don't then I would not prioritise them). What content would you use for the graphic side of the ads. Would you edit something yourself or get a creative designer? You want to pay for ads but not waste the money posting a terrible ad. We are in the same situation, we have decided to get an advert specialist (yes it will be more costly) but we will have better adverts. You also need to decide the specs and sizes you are after, heres a list of google ones:

    Mobile Ads
    300 x 250
    320 x 100
    250 x 250 - Square
    200 x 200 - Small Square

    Computer Ads
    300 x 250
    336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
    728 x 90 - Leaderboard
    300 x 600 - Half-Page Ad
    160 x 600 - Wide Skyscraper
    970 x 90 - Large Leaderboard
    468 x 60 - Banner
    250 x 250 - Square
    200 x 200 - Small Square

    Banners that perform best in rank order:
    Medium Rectangle (300--250)
    Large Rectangle (336--280)
    Leaderboard (728--90)
    Half Page (300--600)
    Large Mobile Banner (320--100)

    Good luck, love everyone else's comments so take those on board too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Primitivesense
    Google ads and ads across similar niche sites are great. If you utilise social media a lot then you should use these(if you don't then I would not prioritise them). What content would you use for the graphic side of the ads. Would you edit something yourself or get a creative designer? You want to pay for ads but not waste the money posting a terrible ad. We are in the same situation, we have decided to get an advert specialist (yes it will be more costly) but we will have better adverts. You also need to decide the specs and sizes you are after.
    Good luck, love everyone else's comments so take those on board too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author itsmohiit
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Ihcaamel
      Originally Posted by itsmohiit View Post

      5 Quick Tips to Help You Get Started With Paid Advertising

      1. Create a Paid Advertising Checklist. When you're first getting started, take time to thoroughly walk through your campaign. ...
      2. Build Your Advertising Keyword List. ...
      3. Test and Evaluate Your Online Ads. ...
      4. Don't Forget About Your Ad Campaigns. ...
      5. Don't Forget to Optimize Your Ads.
      Thank you so much for these quick tips!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vinn12
    Narrow down your Audience Target , Try Youtube, FB and Instagram.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggerDeen
    SEO is slow really slow. Even I am moving on to paid ads. I have done paid ads in past but my focus has always been on seo. I would recommend you to start with ppc like adwords as they are the easiest one and give you most control. Then you can move on to facebook etc. Also a lot depend on your niches like if you are selling t shirts then facebook could really work great for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11606722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravikumarfront
    I think you should try Facebook Ads. They are a better approach here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11607110].message }}
  • Paid advertisement is something very crucial part of digtial marketing.

    First, you should understand all the metrics of Google ads and Facebook ads.

    Learn every metric and when to use them..

    if you are running Google ads you must ensure that what is marketing objective of your campaign. Learn each and every marketing objective. The same applies to Facebook.

    Once you know the basics of these Google and Facebook. you can run test campaign if you want..

    After 5-6 days start optimizing the campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lilach Bullock
    I would imagine Facebook Ads would be the best target however, they're not the cheapest. I've been experimenting with Reddit and Quora - Reddit is cheaper than Facebook but Quora is the winner when it comes to CPC. However, I'm still looking at the conversions and trying to decide if Facebook's conversion is higher - although Quora drives the most traffic (Facebook 0.77 / Reddit 0.47 / Quora 0.03)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaudet
    I would suggest Facebook with their high targetting criterias that you can use, but before diving into ads spending and just burn all your budget without any good ROI (if any at all), I would STRONGLY suggest that you do deeeeeeep researches on paid advertising and FB paid ads before you do anything that you would regret.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Mendita
    When it comes to Facebook marketing or any other advertising platforms, you should purcahse anEtsy course, FB ads course etc. It's better to be guided so you don't waste money and time. Just search on youtube or instagram and look for photographers doing the same thing you're trying to do and reach out to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612174].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics