32 replies
Hi,

I just wanted to know your view what is the best way to promote promoting clickbank products as an affiliate. I see 3 options:

1) Use payed add like Google Ads to direct ad directly to vendor sales page
2) Use a specific funnel, like clickfunnel
3) Use own website, write article or review and add affiliate link to vendor's sales page

My view is that 1) might be the best if you start with a new product that you don't know. So with minimal effort you can check if the product is interesting and finds enough buyers. When the product looks "good" you can start putting effort into 3). Starting with own webpage looks dangerous for me if you start a new product because you might invest lots of time in website design and SEO and at the end nobody is interested in the product.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Chris
#clickbank #strategy
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Mabu Map
    To me

    The best and the fastest that i love is PAID traffic.
    Here's Google & Bing

    the beauty from this is the if we master one of them
    we can easily master them both.

    It's fast and extremely targeted because we can target BUYER KEYWORDS
    I would like to build my list so i can follow up.

    That would be the best way in my own view.

    Linh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597140].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chris011980
      Linh,

      thanks for your response. When you use Google Ads, two questions on that:
      1) Where do you add your Clickbank affiliate link? Is it under "Tracking Template" in our Ad?
      2) How do you crack conversions, e.g. if any of the add visitors also get to the order form (to know who is a "good" audience for you)?

      Chris

      Just to understand your point.

      So, for you the key objective of the site is not a conversion (visitor but product) but collecting emails for later campaigns. Is this correct?

      And can you tell me which software can be used to send out the email campaigns? Or do you just use your regular email account (I can image if you send to many mails, your provider might block you)?

      Thanks

      Thanks for your response. Also here some clarifications:

      1) Clickbank is probably one of the best solutions but maybe to expensive for me at the beginning. Are there also any free tools or can I even build a funnel with free WordPress plugins?

      2) I don't know Solo Ads, will research. Are there any specific providers / portals that you can recommend for Solo Ads?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    The best way is to create a site where you collect their emails, then market to them in your email follow-up.

    Think about the cost per click and how much you make per sale.

    It is easier to get people to give you their email address than to buy.

    Once you have their email address, you can put offers in front of them many times.

    Let me put your choices differently.

    1. Make $21 for every $20 you spend
    2 and 3. Make $53 for every $20 you spend.

    Which one do you choose?

    By the way, 2 and 3 have to end up with you getting an email address.

    If 2 gets them to a product sales page, it is worse than 1.

    Originally Posted by chris011980 View Post

    Hi,

    I just wanted to know your view what is the best way to promote promoting clickbank products as an affiliate. I see 3 options:

    1) Use payed add like Google Ads to direct ad directly to vendor sales page
    2) Use a specific funnel, like clickfunnel
    3) Use own website, write article or review and add affiliate link to vendor's sales page

    My view is that 1) might be the best if you start with a new product that you don't know. So with minimal effort you can check if the product is interesting and finds enough buyers. When the product looks "good" you can start putting effort into 3). Starting with own webpage looks dangerous for me if you start a new product because you might invest lots of time in website design and SEO and at the end nobody is interested in the product.

    What do you think?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ayomyde
    Hi, as a beginner, I will not advise you to start with Adwords. Reason is that Adwords has a lot of complexities especially for beginners. It is not also adviseable to direct your traffic to the vendor website. You should rather have a bridge page that captures your lead first before directing the visitors to your vendor. Your list is an asset!

    My best recommendation to you is to:

    1. Build a landing page (clickfunnel or any other one, depending on your budget)

    2. Use Solo Ads to drive traffic to your landing page. Using solo ads is magical (from my experience). your visiors are ready to buy and if your landing page is good enough, you could be converting at a very high rate (30-40%)/

    I hope it helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cheese1688
    Personally I think(I am using this strategy and it works very well), best is to do proper keyword research and find low competitive keywords which get a quite nice number of searches, for example, 1000-3000 searches per month, find 10 such keywords each one targeting your niche. These keywords MUST be low competitive so you could rank them pretty easily. Build a website, start uploading high-quality content with your keywords, start building links (PBN's) and your site will start ranking in SERP's, so visitors will click on your site, they will find high-quality and engaging content and hopefully, they will buy your affiliate offers.

    This is just a broad explanation and process, this works 100%, but you need to dig deeper by yourself.

    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TobiMDD
    Originally Posted by chris011980 View Post

    So with minimal effort you can check if the product is interesting and finds enough buyers.

    you can check this when you understand clickbank offers better.
    do your own research and use the parameters clickbank gives you to see whether you are promoting a good product or not.


    and don't forget to think about yourself: would you buy what you are offering to others?


    these steps decide if the product finds enough buyers.
    You don't need to run ads to find this out.


    -> once you know that you just need to find the right targeting
    Signature
    STOP getting confused and lied to. Click Here to get the best book about affiliate marketing out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11597606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    Well of course you want a product that is high in demand and has a good gravity. Second I would build a list. Create a page offering something of value in the niche and warm up the traffic. Build an email sequence again offering value and pitch your affiliate in like 2 out of 5 or 7 emails.

    You want to build trust with your subscribers and just not sell to them all the time because then your open rates and click through rates will get lower and lower.

    Shorter subject lines work the best.
    Signature
    Free Video Training Sharing The Steps To Succeed With Affiliate Marketing.
    Get Access At www.cbaffiliatecareer.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megamind22
    From personal experience, the best way is through paid traffic. Initially, you might lose a few bucks at the beginning which is normal when you're just starting out but as you continue to test new campaigns you'll become good at it and be able to determine winning campaigns the product you are promoting.

    More importantly, make sure that the product is of high demand and try and have a good sales funnel in place. Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incomenow
    Originally Posted by chris011980 View Post

    Hi,

    I just wanted to know your view what is the best way to promote promoting clickbank products as an affiliate. I see 3 options:

    1) Use payed add like Google Ads to direct ad directly to vendor sales page
    2) Use a specific funnel, like clickfunnel
    3) Use own website, write article or review and add affiliate link to vendor's sales page

    My view is that 1) might be the best if you start with a new product that you don't know. So with minimal effort you can check if the product is interesting and finds enough buyers. When the product looks "good" you can start putting effort into 3). Starting with own webpage looks dangerous for me if you start a new product because you might invest lots of time in website design and SEO and at the end nobody is interested in the product.

    What do you think?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Though it's faster to use ads like Google Ads or Facebook Ads, it can give you a long-term success if you start building a blog around the niche product you want to promote on Clickbank. Most people run away from blogging just because it takes time, energy, and resources to achieve results, but it's the best way to go about affiliate marketing online. It lets you earn income passively.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    It depends on your affiliate commission, amount of traffic, and conversion rate. The higher the commission rate the more room for error you have.

    The smaller the commission you get, the more paid advertising is out of the question.

    Email capture is fine, but you need to always know your cost per click, cost per lead, cost per sale... and if the results from all these metrics makes it worthwhile to promote that affiliate product.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    You are doing a mistake starting with paid traffic ,only if you have a lot of money to loose then its ok .But if not be prepared to loose a lot of money as paid traffic its not easy ,you have competition also ,and you need to learn a lot ,Why not combine both of them ,work hard with free traffic and your earnings invest them in paid traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    first, you need to develop your website. generate traffic before linking it to a click funnel you have chosen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Forseti
    Is it possible to create sites for promotion on free site designers?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prvegas
    Youtube videos are always a good source of traffic. If paid ads are not working for you then consider making videos about the product with a tag line, click link below for more information.

    Sell the Sizzle not the Steak
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sogeshirts
    I definitely agree with those recommending getting them to subscribe to your list. If you can't afford a paid service like Aweber then use Mailchimp at first.

    Create an email sequence that presells whatever Clickbank product you are promoting. Paid traffic like Bing or solo ads can help build your list quicker. For free methods targeted YouTube videos and building a targeted Twitter following can work, but it is a much slower process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Medon
      Originally Posted by sogeshirts View Post

      I definitely agree with those recommending getting them to subscribe to your list. If you can't afford a paid service like Aweber then use Mailchimp at first.

      Create an email sequence that presells whatever Clickbank product you are promoting. Paid traffic like Bing or solo ads can help build your list quicker. For free methods targeted YouTube videos and building a targeted Twitter following can work, but it is a much slower process.
      There is the Tick Tok social media. I hear it can bring you a fortune if you target anyone between 14-30 years.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prvegas
    Short YouTube videos work to drive traffic for specific niches but always always give something away or anything you can do to collect an email address from your efforts.

    Once you have an email address then marketing becomes easier and more direct. If you are shy to be on camera, use a screen capture software to record and just talk about your offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    I recommend utilizing Google Adwords be sure to research the Golden keywords for your niche market that convert into sales. Find your biggest competitors then use Spyfu to get their keywords list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chris011980
    Thanks for your response. Would like to hear you experience with selecting a clickbank product based on their parameter.

    I have selected a clickbank product with the following parameters:

    Stats: Initial $/sale: $37.75| Avg %/sale: 75.0% | Avg Rebill Total: $0.00| Avg %/rebill: 1.0% | Grav: 206.07

    I was able to get around 120 visitors to the vendor's page now through Google Ads but just few visit the order form and no purchases so far.

    Based on the parameters, do you think this product is suitable for payed ads?

    And how do you select your products based on the clickbank parameter?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by chris011980 View Post

      Thanks for your response. Would like to hear you experience with selecting a clickbank product based on their parameter.

      I have selected a clickbank product with the following parameters:

      Stats: Initial $/sale: $37.75| Avg %/sale: 75.0% | Avg Rebill Total: $0.00| Avg %/rebill: 1.0% | Grav: 206.07

      I was able to get around 120 visitors to the vendor's page now through Google Ads but just few visit the order form and no purchases so far.

      Based on the parameters, do you think this product is suitable for payed ads?

      And how do you select your products based on the clickbank parameter?
      You will most assuredly waste all of your money if you're going directly to the vendor page, especially since the product has such an extremely high gravity metric. You are perhaps competing against hundreds or more other affiliates with this offer.

      As others have said, you will do better by building a list and promoting through an incentivized funnel system. I always offer buyers a free gift or bonus by purchasing through my link. The perceived value of the bonus should be close to or even slightly above the purchase price.

      As for choosing a product, I simply ignore every parameter. These hardly ever are relevant to my own marketing system or prospects. Choose a niche or demographic for which you are knowledgeable and can provide value and build a list. Then choose relevant products based on your subscriber interests or pain points.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600177].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Medon
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        You will most assuredly waste all of your money if you're going directly to the vendor page, especially since the product has such an extremely high gravity metric. You are perhaps competing against hundreds or more other affiliates with this offer.

        As others have said, you will do better by building a list and promoting through an incentivized funnel system. I always offer buyers a free gift or bonus by purchasing through my link. The perceived value of the bonus should be close to or even slightly above the purchase price.

        As for choosing a product, I simply ignore every parameter. These hardly ever are relevant to my own marketing system or prospects. Choose a niche or demographic for which you are knowledgeable and can provide value and build a list. Then choose relevant products based on your subscriber interests or pain points.
        I agree, developing your own funnel and promoting your product through it will give you better results.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600186].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chris011980
        Hi,

        just to understand your response. You are saying: "You will most assuredly waste all of your money if you're going directly to the vendor page, especially since the product has such an extremely high gravity metric. "

        I do not fully understand it. If I was running my own website with organic traffic, I agree that this would be very hard to sell the product as I would have a high competition with other sellers in terms of Google search.

        However, when I am routing a visitor directly from my paid Google Ad to the vendor site, I should have exactly the same chance of a purchase as any other seller that brought a visitor to the vendor's page? Or is your argument that also many other affiliate marketers already brought the same visitor to the vendor's page so that my chances get reduced?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600315].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by chris011980 View Post

          Hi,

          just to understand your response. You are saying: "You will most assuredly waste all of your money if you're going directly to the vendor page, especially since the product has such an extremely high gravity metric. "

          I do not fully understand it. If I was running my own website with organic traffic, I agree that this would be very hard to sell the product as I would have a high competition with other sellers in terms of Google search.

          However, when I am routing a visitor directly from my paid Google Ad to the vendor site, I should have exactly the same chance of a purchase as any other seller that brought a visitor to the vendor's page? Or is your argument that also many other affiliate marketers already brought the same visitor to the vendor's page so that my chances get reduced?
          You have a snowball's chance in hell of getting sales from one click of an ad compared to more professional marketers who send their subscribers to the same vendor sales page multiple times in a marketing campaign. Particularly with high gravity Clickbank products, buyers will almost always do a Google search of your ad offer.

          For example, I have never made a Clickbank sale from the first click of my subscriber lists. It takes 3-5 contact points on average for a 10-12% response rate. Most sales (70%) are made on the 5th-12th promotion. Conversion rates can be significantly higher by offering a relevant bonus which has a high perceived value as I mentioned earlier.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrispop
    What about using social media paid ads like FB Ads? Or do they have some kind of ban against direct affiliate links?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amit Thawrani
      Originally Posted by chrispop View Post

      What about using social media paid ads like FB Ads? Or do they have some kind of ban against direct affiliate links?

      Hi,

      Yes, they actually ban your direct affiliate link and that's the reason you need to first create a sales funnel with bridge/landing page which will mask your direct affiliate link. Facebook will allow you some affiliate links through chat but not with ads. In order to run your Facebook ads successfully, you'll have to create a landing page or else they'll just banned your ads account.
      Hope this helps
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Google ads is expensive especially if you are a beginner. I suggest you build a review site with wordpress and put affiliate links on it and do some seo work to get the website ranked. You need to write articles based on low competition keywords to get them ranked quickly. You should also offer like a free ebook to collect emails and build up a sizable email list that you can market to over and over again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I suggest you own any product that you want to promote as an affiliate. That way you have an authority to tell your prospects about that product.

    Never send to an offer unless it has a follow up funnelbut you want to capture leads first before you send any traffic to and producr's own funnel.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601793].message }}
  • if you have capital you go for the paid ads to promote clickbank products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joaquin112
    Paid traffic to build a niche e-mail list, then e-mail them constantly.
    Signature

    Become an instructor for our Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship academy. Create online courses and earn a percentage of every sale. Learn more here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602663].message }}
  • Dear Chris

    I would always direct to your own optin page the redirect to new product. At least if product does not work out, you still have a list to promote with and therefore paid traffic is not wasted.

    All the best

    Dominic
    Signature

    Confused? Overwhelmed? Join me now and learn the 3 Easy Steps to making $300 a Day (No Experience Required): Click Here To Start Right Now

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Cheng21
    The very best method is to produce a website where you gather their e-mails, then market to them in your e-mail follow-up.

    Think of the expense per click and just how much you make per sale.

    It is much easier to get prospects to provide you their e-mail addresses than to purchase.

    As soon as you have their e-mail address, you can put deals in front of them many times.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603010].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics