What steps to take for a new blog

32 replies
Hey, I've seen blogs like Adam Enfroy's and decided to take upon this myself a month ago. So I have my hosting, domain (personal domain), and 8 articles published, each around 1000-1200 words which I think isn't enough right now, obviously. The original topic of my blog was Fitness/nutrition, but I realized the domain name just didn't look/sound right, so I created the personalized domain I have now. All the articles (8) are about workout/nutrition/mental health. So I decided to add another category for blogging about...I don't even know yet. That's part of the problem, because I am truly a fitness enthusiast, which is why that was my first choice, but I don't feel as it's enough.
I was thinking about starting another category on the same blog about piano/music because I love those too. But I'm kind of stuck right now because I realized the 8 articles I already had were not SEO optimized for a good long-tail keyword (heh, I have no chances on broad words). My goal is to monetize it ASAP and haven't taken any steps toward that yet, just still trying to think of a niche and getting content posted.
See, I'm just...stuck. Like, I have little to no SEO experience and nothing good for getting traffic to my site.
What I'm asking for is just advice to take next and I'll try to use that advice to kind of pin point the question I;m trying to get to, but just don't know how to explain.
Thanks!
#blog #steps
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    You need to get a following through social media on Facebook and Instagram. Great bloggers offer a new blog article once a day at a certain time to keep the readers coming back for fresh content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Hello Ricky!

    I would suggest you read a couple of books about blogging. I also
    advise you to stick to one main topic. If you want to blog about two
    completely different things you need to setup two separate blogs,
    one for fitness and another for music. You might consider getting
    a notebook/planner to organize your thoughts and projects. And
    don't worry so much about SEO right now because that is a major
    field that could take months to learn. Just focus on your blog and
    learn about the rest as you go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    What is your main way to make money from your blog. Let's say you had all the traffic in the world, what is your plan to make money from the visitors?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598470].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications for some reason. But I plan to use affiliate marketing and probably create a small ebook or course
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by ricky03wang View Post

    My goal is to monetize it ASAP and haven't taken any steps toward that yet, just still trying to think of a niche and getting content posted.
    Monetize what? The reason you are having problems is you are like 2 years and 500 steps ahead of yourself. Right now you are thinking "What a jerk" and I get it... BUT how many visitors did you have to your blog today? ( You and your mom dont count ) so you are monetizing to WHO exactly?

    Do you... write about fitness, write about Mental Health, write about nutrition, write about music write about tella tubbies. JUST write... and write and write.

    Do some research on "Pillar Content" share content on like branded social accounts Get seen, Get followed. basically develop traffic. Its hard to sell to 2 people a week... but if you have PATIENCE you might get to 2000 a month and selling with that many sets of eyes on you is a bit more profitable.

    You can get to the baseball field early and just imaging hitting a homerun... but you have to wait until the game with fans in the stands and the other team on the field and that perfect pitch to come right down the sweet spot before you can make your dream come true. I suggest right now you are in the dream stage, and you got to the stadium about 2 years early.

    Hope that Helps!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      Thanks for the honest thoughts! I guess I'm quite ambitious to say the least, but how would you say I should find exactly what to write so that I know I'm writing the right stuff, not stuff that no one cares about?
      Please reply if that doesn't really make sense, but again, thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Krish M
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Miracle Edet
      Thanks for this insight, can you please throw more light on "picking right keywords" thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megamind22
    Having multiple niche on one website is not the way to go my friend.

    1. It confuses your readers cause they won't have the slightest idea what your website is all about.
    2. It will confuse google when ranking your website. (Not Niche Targeted)

    Since you're a fitness enthusiast and you love what you do. Why not focus mainly on creating content that has to do with fitness, wellness, exercises, bodybuilding, nutrition, etc.

    When you do it this way:

    1. Your website will start growing organically,
    2. Be recognized by your targeted audience
    3. It would be easier to rank by Google and other search engines.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      Thanks for your reply, but would you recommend a more specific niche than just general fitness or is this fine? Because when I narrow it down to a semi micro niche, I can't seem to find stuff to write about
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incomenow
    Originally Posted by ricky03wang View Post

    Hey, I've seen blogs like Adam Enfroy's and decided to take upon this myself a month ago. So I have my hosting, domain (personal domain), and 8 articles published, each around 1000-1200 words which I think isn't enough right now, obviously. The original topic of my blog was Fitness/nutrition, but I realized the domain name just didn't look/sound right, so I created the personalized domain I have now. All the articles (8) are about workout/nutrition/mental health. So I decided to add another category for blogging about...I don't even know yet. That's part of the problem, because I am truly a fitness enthusiast, which is why that was my first choice, but I don't feel as it's enough.
    I was thinking about starting another category on the same blog about piano/music because I love those too. But I'm kind of stuck right now because I realized the 8 articles I already had were not SEO optimized for a good long-tail keyword (heh, I have no chances on broad words). My goal is to monetize it ASAP and haven't taken any steps toward that yet, just still trying to think of a niche and getting content posted.
    See, I'm just...stuck. Like, I have little to no SEO experience and nothing good for getting traffic to my site.
    What I'm asking for is just advice to take next and I'll try to use that advice to kind of pin point the question I;m trying to get to, but just don't know how to explain.
    Thanks!

    All you need to do at the moment is produce useful content consistently, promote your content on social media platforms, niche-related online communities, and social bookmarking sites. Also, endeavor to update the old posts on your blog for this will help you increase your blog rankings on SERPs in no distant time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      Thanks for your tips!
      But how exactly would I promote my content on social media?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Originally Posted by ricky03wang View Post

    Hey, I've seen blogs like Adam Enfroy's and decided to take upon this myself a month ago. So I have my hosting, domain (personal domain), and 8 articles published, each around 1000-1200 words which I think isn't enough right now, obviously. The original topic of my blog was Fitness/nutrition, but I realized the domain name just didn't look/sound right, so I created the personalized domain I have now. All the articles (8) are about workout/nutrition/mental health. So I decided to add another category for blogging about...I don't even know yet. That's part of the problem, because I am truly a fitness enthusiast, which is why that was my first choice, but I don't feel as it's enough.
    I was thinking about starting another category on the same blog about piano/music because I love those too. But I'm kind of stuck right now because I realized the 8 articles I already had were not SEO optimized for a good long-tail keyword (heh, I have no chances on broad words). My goal is to monetize it ASAP and haven't taken any steps toward that yet, just still trying to think of a niche and getting content posted.
    See, I'm just...stuck. Like, I have little to no SEO experience and nothing good for getting traffic to my site.
    What I'm asking for is just advice to take next and I'll try to use that advice to kind of pin point the question I;m trying to get to, but just don't know how to explain.
    Thanks!

    Hello my friend congrats for starting things in motion!

    I think you started on The Good Foot with Adam Enfroy but his entire premise is to treat your blog like a Startup not a blog. He is very responsive in his F.B. group you should be in there getting guidance at every step.

    Fitness and Piano let's leave those separate unless you can do some Work Out Piano Mixes.

    You can always go with some great List Posts in the beginning.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11598611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      Glad to see someone else whose seen his content lol, but he does have an upper hand because of his SEO background.
      And I'll keep the two separate, thanks for your advice!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    Originally Posted by ricky03wang View Post

    Hey, I've seen blogs like Adam Enfroy's and decided to take upon this myself a month ago. So I have my hosting, domain (personal domain), and 8 articles published, each around 1000-1200 words which I think isn't enough right now, obviously. The original topic of my blog was Fitness/nutrition, but I realized the domain name just didn't look/sound right, so I created the personalized domain I have now. All the articles (8) are about workout/nutrition/mental health. So I decided to add another category for blogging about...I don't even know yet. That's part of the problem, because I am truly a fitness enthusiast, which is why that was my first choice, but I don't feel as it's enough.
    I was thinking about starting another category on the same blog about piano/music because I love those too. But I'm kind of stuck right now because I realized the 8 articles I already had were not SEO optimized for a good long-tail keyword (heh, I have no chances on broad words). My goal is to monetize it ASAP and haven't taken any steps toward that yet, just still trying to think of a niche and getting content posted.
    See, I'm just...stuck. Like, I have little to no SEO experience and nothing good for getting traffic to my site.
    What I'm asking for is just advice to take next and I'll try to use that advice to kind of pin point the question I;m trying to get to, but just don't know how to explain.
    Thanks!
    Don't have sleepless night my dear. You have done enough. What remains is for you to hire an SEO expert and you will be set.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      I was considering that
      Just for a heads up, how much do you think it would cost?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    I really like this resource on Keywords Vs Alternative Creative Strategy

    https://neilpatel.com/blog/stop-keyw...-for-blogging/

    I did not know there is a site that just measures stuff all day like right now there have been 5 Million+ New Blog Posts..today only.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well create a nice design ,put all necesary pages like about us ,disclaymer ,privacy policy and make it look like adecent blog and very profesional then its ideal to start writing .At least 1 blog article per week to make people come to your website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Goldive
    I understand how you feel about getting to that hype for success in blogging, most bloggers felt this too sometime but focusing and writing about a niche in a website makes the stress for you easy. however if you want to write about all those niches, it is a a lot of job for you and you have to be writing interest stuffs that will make your targets keep coming back and you can affiliate with other site like amazon that will provide product to attach with any article you post. that way you are monetising as which may boost you up to write more article. also you want to be on social like having a fan page and joining other fan pages and group to spray your website. pardon my English.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11600272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Igor Kurochkin
    Try not to confuse all the articles in one place. Make thematic branches for each direction. Engage in quality content, this is very important.
    Choose the right keywords. Study the SEO, it will take a months, but it will help you a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601374].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Medon
      Originally Posted by Igor Kurochkin View Post

      Try not to confuse all the articles in one place. Make thematic branches for each direction. Engage in quality content, this is very important.
      Choose the right keywords. Study the SEO, it will take a months, but it will help you a lot.
      I support. Unless you get it right with SEO, you may not achieve much with any strategy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601699].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
        how far do you think I could get without SEO?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      I've never thought about "studying" SEO, always thought it was a little side thing to help rank on a search engine...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Always make sure that you capture leads onto your own autoresponder. That way you can follow up with them over and over.

    You need to build a list and a relationship with that list because if you do, people will buy what ever you recommend.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ricky03wang
      That's what I hear a lot, but building the leads is a problem because I have little content and that really won't rank so I can't get any visitors.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hussain2022
    Hello
    I advise you to focus on one area in each blog, and also be patient and patient in order to earn money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kjblitz
    I would say focus on one blog first before venturing into others. For SEO, you can install Yoast SEO plugin to optimizer your site. As for external SEO, do not worry too much about it for a start. Probably best to stick to a posting schedule even if it is just one article per month. Just my 2 cents.
    Signature
    Who Wants A FREE COURSE On How To Build An Online Business, Using A Simple 9 Step System?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    A niche specific blog works better. When you try to put everything under the one roof then it becomes very hard to bring the targeted visitors. So, Better Focus on Niche specific blogging.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://www.blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    Keep creating valuable content that solves the problems of the people in your target market.

    The secret to running a successful blog is consistency.

    Another thing you want to do is track your numbers (daily visitors,leads generated,revenue) so you know whether or not your making any progress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Medon
      Originally Posted by tyronne78 View Post

      Keep creating valuable content that solves the problems of the people in your target market.

      The secret to running a successful blog is consistency.

      Another thing you want to do is track your numbers (daily visitors,leads generated,revenue) so you know whether or not your making any progress.
      You forgot to mention the use of influencers. They too play a role in moving the blog to higher levels.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603342].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics