LinkedIn uses data sourced on the platform to compile its list of the ten most in-demand jobs. It maps more than 706 milion professionals, 55 million companies, 11 million job listings, 36,000 skills, and 90,000 schools to come up with the results. The platform arrives at the most in-demand roles by examining which positions have the most jobs advertised - but it looks at other stuff too:
- Job growth over the past four years.
- Whether the jobs pay a livable wage.
- Whether the required skills can be learned online.
|"We used our Economic Graph to identify 10 jobs that are in-demand in today's economy and well positioned to continue to grow in the future. We were able to filter for jobs that can be obtained without a four-year degree, those that pay a livable wage, and those that can be successfully reskilled for online."|
So, ranked in order of most global job openings, here are the top ten most in-demand jobs on LinkedIn:
- Software Developer: 15 million job openings
- Sales Representative: 8.5 million job openings
- Project Manager: 2.7 million job openings
- IT Administrator: 2 million job openings
- Customer Service Specialist: 1.8 million job openings
- Digital Marketer: 860k job openings
- IT Support/Help Desk: 590k job openings
- Data Analyst: 360k job openings
- Financial Analyst: 360k job openings
- Graphic Designer: 355k job openings
The most in-demand skills for each of the roles also get counted, so here's the skills employers are currently looking for when it comes to digital marketers:
- Social media
- Content strategy
- Marketing channels
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads