I feel like all marketing avenues are being throttles by big tech

35 replies
Hi,

I've been away working on building products and writing a book for a couple of years.

I'm now looking at marketing options that don't involve advertising.

That leaves for me in my mind email marketing, networking, forums, social media, seo, and a few others, however, I feel like the whole marketing landscape has changed in the last few years.

Does anyone else feel like this?

I remember a friend of mine saying 2 years ago that he thought it was more dofficult to make money online.

GDPR seems to have crushed any email marketing and SMS marketing opportunities in the EU at least.

SEO seems to be dominated by the large corps (I did notice a year or two ago that the small car mechanics and tradesmen were usurped almost overnight by gumtree, checkatrader and the likes.

Where there were many forums on a subject only 1 or 2 dominate and if you even remotely look like you are associated with a product or service they ban you.

Facebook groups are so closed its almost impossible to post.

It seems to me that we are all being pushed into having to advertise with big tech and spend a lot of money.

Is anyone else feeling this?

Thanks,

Jay
#avenues #big #feel #marketing #tech #throttles
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I'm now looking at marketing options that don't involve advertising, email marketing, networking, forums, social media, seo, and a few others, however, I feel like the whole marketing landscape has changed in the last few years.
    If you rule out all forms of marketing/advertising - what's left? Of course there is competition - and of course things change over time. The marketing landscape is constantly changing and growing - we adapt to keep up.

    Where there were many forums on a subject only 1 or 2 dominate and if you even remotely look like you are associated with a product or service they ban you.
    I see it here daily - people join and believe they are so smart that no one will notice the link in the post or their deceptive location. When you pay for advertising - you can quickly see results. Promoting through a forum or FB group requires you to build a reputation as someone worth listening to - and that takes time.

    What forms of advertising have you done in the past - or tried recently? What were the results?
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
      Thanks for replying @Kay King, I did edit the post as I realised I had made a mistake with the sentence:

      "I'm now looking at marketing options that don't involve advertising, email marketing, networking, forums, social media, seo, and a few others, however, I feel like the whole marketing landscape has changed in the last few years."

      It should not have included email marketing, networking, etc. Only advertising. The reason being is that it seems that is the only option a business is left with nowadays if they dont have an email list or audience. Which I dont.

      I tried FB marketing 2 years ago. I hired someone for a lot of money who was supposed to help, but they didnt do anything. I was getting great conversion rates for a webinar with a sales funnel behind it using clickfunnels, but I didnt understand FB marketing.

      Well, my experience with a weight loss forum was honest. I was there for help in getting back to regular training. It took me a lot to open up and write my first diary. The fact that I've been in the mental health industry makes it difficult not to bring it up in conversation, but they banned me even though there was no mention of a product. However, that is besides the point, maybe. But yes, you are right and there seems to be no leniency with this and maybe they dont want experts to offer advice or something, even though I hadn't offered advice, but asked for help.

      So, do you think SMEs are being pushed/forced into advertising with big tech and big corps?

      Are there ways of building an audience or list that dont cost advertising?

      Thanks
      Signature

      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641641].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

        It should not have included email marketing, networking, etc. Only advertising. The reason being is that it seems that is the only option a business is left with nowadays if they dont have an email list or audience. Which I dont.
        You talk about "nowadays", but anyone starting a business in the pre-internet age had even fewer options. You needed significant financial resources and most advertising was more costly, less efficient and much riskier. At least now, a business can target prospects relatively cost-effectively and if appropriate, can cast its net far wider.
        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
    OK, with no money to invest, where should I start?

    I have a nice site, a sales funnel of sorts, lots of
    great content, lead magnets in pdf guides, audios, and video, twitter (7k followers but not many respond), a youtube channel with some good videos, FB group with just a few people. SEO on site isnt great but no doubt natural. No email list.
    Signature

    The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
    The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

      OK, with no money to invest, where should I start?

      .
      I have said this many times in the past. Get some money to invest. It is not hard. People do not realize but doing simple menial jobs can get you some decent cash in a few weeks.
      Especially if it will be a second job.

      There will be many that will tell you that you can, but reality will set in really soon. You do not need a lot of money but you will need a few hundred dollars.

      al
      Signature
      The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641750].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        I have said this many times in the past. Get some money to invest. It is not hard. People do not realize but doing simple menial jobs can get you some decent cash in a few weeks.
        Especially if it will be a second job.

        There will be many that will tell you that you can, but reality will set in really soon. You do not need a lot of money but you will need a few hundred dollars.

        al
        Yes, you are right. I shouldn't need to be told that, but I hear you. I have put together a cv. I have worked for myself for over 20 years so it's bit new. However, I need some cash to play with.

        I have thought about freelancing on Upwork. Is that any good do you know?
        Signature

        The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
        The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641755].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Matthew Stanley
          I have thought about freelancing on Upwork. Is that any good do you know?
          There are extreme opinions on either side of this question, but imo this IS a viable way to make decent side income (or more, if you're truly dedicated and strategic with your positioning there). No affiliation with him whatsoever, but would suggest Danny Margulies' stuff on winning sales and positioning yourself there to start.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
      Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

      OK, with no money to invest, where should I start?

      I have a nice site, a sales funnel of sorts, lots of
      great content, lead magnets in pdf guides, audios, and video, twitter (7k followers but not many respond), a youtube channel with some good videos, FB group with just a few people. SEO on site isnt great but no doubt natural. No email list.

      I would tailor what you are doing/creating to appeal to someone or several people that already has that type of audience in place relative to the topic/niche.

      Create a joint venture where they can have some excellent content/value to promote to their responsive audience.

      May as well be overly generous on the percentages as well.

      You can always create a future promo to that exact same audience and it becomes a win all around.

      Also that audience you tailored your products and services to that someone else owns becomes yours as well once they sign up/purchase from you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641753].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
        Originally Posted by Profit Traveler View Post

        I would tailor what you are doing/creating to appeal to someone or several people that already has that type of audience in place relative to the topic/niche.
        years ago I heard about JV but I've never even got one going. I know this is a rookie question, but what are the steps involved? Could you tell me as well how the process might work? Would they send an email and link to my site? Would I give them a % on all sales of the ladder? Thanks like that.

        Thanks
        Signature

        The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
        The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641756].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
          Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

          years ago I heard about JV but I've never even got one going. I know this is a rookie question, but what are the steps involved? Could you tell me as well how the process might work? Would they send an email and link to my site? Would I give them a % on all sales of the ladder? Thanks like that.

          Thanks

          Everything has to be custom fitted to each individual. That will determine how you appeal to their audience and how you approach that person.


          Everything begins with doing your homework and thinking strategically based on the market/niche/target audience that will get the most benefit from your products and services.


          It is only natural to magnate towards successful people with similar interests.
          Just do not come off "pitchy" initially. Find that common ground first.


          You gain from being extremely generous upfront. You end up with an asset of proven buyers that will buy again if you create quality products and services.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ejuradenja
    Yes, you are right, to get real traffic one has to migrate to Pro or Premium pack.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
    Also, nobody has really answered my OP question. I appreciate the advice, but "are marketing avenues are being throttles by big tech?"
    Signature

    The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
    The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

      Also, nobody has really answered my OP question. I appreciate the advice, but "are marketing avenues are being throttles by big tech?"
      Short answer, yes, as time has gone on since say 2012 legit corporate firms have taken over. I remember when WF here was a destination for strange people who made little bits of money doing weird stuff on the internet. Now it's mainstream. An Inc. Top 1000 franchisor I worked for in 2012, my last job, was all about managing SEO and advertising for their franchisees, and was furiously learning the skills. There were books even back then.

      Professional companies, with cash flow, budgets, employees, standards and processes now offer these services that freelancers are selling. If you ran a real company, who would you rather work with?

      I also have worked in the 3rd party sales business, closing on behalf of coaches and trainers and the like. I can tell you over the past several years that market has dropped considerably as the cost per lead has skyrocketed. Remember the phrase, whoever can spend the most on customer acquisition will be the winner. Will it be a freelancer, or an internet marketing coach, or a mainstream corporation with institutional knowledge, financing connections and infrastructure?

      That all being said, nothing is stopping you from getting customers. Where I see most marketing problems is not in the ad spend or technical areas, but rather the targeting. Who's your ideal customer? Where are they? Most can't answer those questions.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641779].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        That all being said, nothing is stopping you from getting customers. Where I see most marketing problems is not in the ad spend or technical areas, but rather the targeting. Who's your ideal customer? Where are they? Most can't answer those questions.
        Thanks, Jason. That makes sense. Was what I feared. And was what I saw/heard was happening back then.

        I only quoted the last part of your response due to space and I think it is the key to my success now too.

        I did have a profile, etc written out. I hired a marketing "expert" who then sent me in a completely different direction. He didnt have a clue it turned out.

        I'll work on that again. I am sure it is the same female, affluent, 35-50, etc

        I guess my issue is how to get in front of them and start a conversation.
        Signature

        The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
        The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I have a nice site, a sales funnel of sorts, lots of
    great content, lead magnets in pdf guides, audios, and video, twitter (7k followers but not many respond), a youtube channel with some good videos, FB group with just a few people. SEO on site isnt great but no doubt natural.

    Basic question: with those attributes, why is the site not profitable?


    "are marketing avenues are being throttles by big tech?"

    Nope.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Basic question: with those attributes, why is the site not profitable?
      No traffic, no audience.
      Signature

      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641783].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      "are marketing avenues are being throttles by big tech?"




      Nope.
      Maybe you should ask Parler

      al
      Signature
      The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11644153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

    I've been away working on building products and writing a book for a couple of years.

    I'm now looking at marketing options that don't involve advertising.
    Read this to yourself - over and over... it makes absolutely no sense..."Marketing Options' and "Advertising Options" are one in the same thing... The end result anyway you word this is to "Make A Sale"? right?

    Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

    The reason being is that it seems that is the only option a business is left with nowadays if they dont have an email list or audience. Which I dont.
    The notion that you dont have one ( an audience ) in my eyes indicates that maybe this is where you should start... you have to build this.. there is NO WAY around this.

    Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

    I tried FB marketing 2 years ago.
    To think hey i tried this and it doesn't work... doesn't mean it doesn't work, if that makes sense... it DOES work - but its not as easy as just setting up a campaign and getting sales.. there is far more to it, as I am sure you are aware.

    Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

    Are there ways of building an audience or list that dont cost advertising?
    How much do you think the D'Amelio sisters have invested in "Advertising"? Are there ways? of course there are.

    ************************************************** *********************************

    Here is the deal... is the world that is the internet the same as it was in 2012? No its not.. it has changed. However, as much as it has "Changed" it has remained the same... I could argue that in terms of reaching an audience.. the change is working in someone like your favor. How the hell can I say that? well go back and look at @Jason Kanigan's post. I didnt even have to read it to know he was going to say "Who's your ideal customer?" With all of these platforms now running around ( Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TicTok etc etc etc ) getting in front of the ideal customer is down right easier now than it was in 2012.

    And here you are on a Marketing Forum.. and your not doing yourself any favors.. is your website link in your profile? How about al of your other profiles around the Internet.. is it there?

    Here is the "TRICK" go around the net and put in your 2 cents worth that demonstrates your point of authority, and people that resonate with your message will seek you out... IE find your link in your profile.

    There are simply 2 variables in online advertising.. as with everything in life actually. there is TIME, and there is MONEY... and if you dont have the money to do what it is you think needs to be done.. then you simply need to spend the time. On the internet - in the long run - TIME beats out money EVERY TIME.

    All I can suggest is stop with the idea that you are building a wheel here.. the wheel has already been built.. you just need to roll with it... BUILD an audience.. you dont need to spend money to do this not by a long shot... I have given up on paying for audience building long ago... put in the time SHARE your authority.. and make yourself ( website ) accessible and they will come.

    Hope that Helps!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      Read this to yourself - over and over... it makes absolutely no sense..."Marketing Options' and "Advertising Options" are one in the same thing... The end result anyway you word this is to "Make A Sale"? right?
      Well, as far as I know, advertising always cost money, marketing doesn't have to.



      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      The notion that you dont have one ( an audience ) in my eyes indicates that maybe this is where you should start... you have to build this.. there is NO WAY around this.
      I know, I've tried. I have 7.000+ on twitter, but not much interaction. It is where I started and have worked on it for a couple of years, and I'm just being honest - I haven't got anywhere.



      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      To think hey i tried this and it doesn't work... doesn't mean it doesn't work, if that makes sense... it DOES work - but its not as easy as just setting up a campaign and getting sales.. there is far more to it, as I am sure you are aware.
      I agree, when I say I tried, I tried and failed. I will try again, but I am just trying to give people an overview of what my experience has been to date.


      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      Here is the deal... is the world that is the internet the same as it was in 2012? No its not.. it has changed. However, as much as it has "Changed" it has remained the same...
      Well, we are in lockdown now. That's def not the same :-) That's why I have no money. My business was ruined.

      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      I could argue that in terms of reaching an audience.. the change is working in someone like your favor. How the hell can I say that? well go back and look at @Jason Kanigan's post. I didnt even have to read it to know he was going to say "Who's your ideal customer?" With all of these platforms now running around ( Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TicTok etc etc etc ) getting in front of the ideal customer is down right easier now than it was in 2012.
      I have profiles on those platforms, I'm just not getting any traction. Of course I must be doing something wrong, but again, that's why I'm on here to see if anyone can help. This post was just my thoughts on something that to me seems to have changed drastically injust a few short years. Some people agree with me. It then makes me realise that what I did before might not work now and I have to adapt, Once gain that's why I'm on here to relearn. I havne't been on here since 2014 :-)

      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      And here you are on a Marketing Forum.. and your not doing yourself any favors.. is your website link in your profile? How about al of your other profiles around the Internet.. is it there?

      Here is the "TRICK" go around the net and put in your 2 cents worth that demonstrates your point of authority, and people that resonate with your message will seek you out... IE find your link in your profile.
      Well, I'm reluctant to do that as I've been banned from some forums already just because of that, even though it was innocent and I was on there for help.

      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      There are simply 2 variables in online advertising.. as with everything in life actually. there is TIME, and there is MONEY... and if you dont have the money to do what it is you think needs to be done.. then you simply need to spend the time. On the internet - in the long run - TIME beats out money EVERY TIME.

      All I can suggest is stop with the idea that you are building a wheel here.. the wheel has already been built.. you just need to roll with it... BUILD an audience.. you dont need to spend money to do this not by a long shot... I have given up on paying for audience building long ago... put in the time SHARE your authority.. and make yourself ( website ) accessible and they will come.

      Hope that Helps!
      I agree again, but if the time is too long it will outweigh the benefit. From my experience of audience building over the last 2 years, if I keep doing what I am I will run out of life let alone time before I build an audience that will make me an income.
      Signature

      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Netoalo
    Digital marketing is a reality and today, it may not seem, customers are closer than we think.

    Your book, nowadays, can reach a larger number of readers. And you don't have to pay a fortune to set up a campaign. The focus of social networks is to deliver products to their users that have to do with their profiles.

    Today you can place your product (book) on an e-commerce platform (own structure or not) and hire affiliates to sell your books.

    This book can be virtual or physical. You can also turn it into an audiobook and promote accessibility.

    Many have the idea that this digital marketing process is expensive. But if we put on paper the costs, the logistics, the time it took to sell the print runs and the territorial limitation it could have.

    It may not seem like it, but local businesses today have the chance to leverage their businesses in the digital environment.

    What weighs against the new technology is people's lack of knowledge.

    One question, what book does your subject address? I can analyze the market and look for your prospect customers and give you feedback.

    PS:

    When you talk about marketing that doesn't involve advertising, you're referring to organic traffic, if you have an authority on the subject it's easier.

    Also remembering that Facebook groups today are not a good place for this type of advertising.


    I wish to succeed in the years 2021.
    Celestino Neto
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641821].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
      Thanks, Celestino. My book is the weight loss market. I know it is a tough market, but I've been working in mental health, habit formation for over 30 years. By that I mean it's what I know and it's what people really need right now, especially to combat the effects of covid.
      Signature

      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641918].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

        Thanks, Celestino. My book is the weight loss market. I know it is a tough market, but I've been working in mental health, habit formation for over 30 years. By that I mean it's what I know and it's what people really need right now, especially to combat the effects of covid.
        well considering the weight loss market is different than it was 5 years ago.. is your book a new vegan /vegetarian book, a book in the keto diet , or a book on how to build a healthy gut biome ..

        or is it another fewer cut calories move more book

        well .. i would give really novie advice that at this point you should build a vlog and a podcast ..and get other weight loss book authors on with books to sell .. their books .. that may be a bigger source of income over time than your books ..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641940].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
          Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

          well considering the weight loss market is different than it was 5 years ago.. is your book a new vegan /vegetarian book, a book in the keto diet , or a book on how to build a healthy gut biome ..

          or is it another fewer cut calories move more book .
          It isnt any of those.It is all about changing how you think and feel about weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.

          I'm not really looking to make my living from the book, but instead, use that book and the credibility as another lead magnet for my sales funnel. I expect to make my money in the sales funnel and cross sells.

          The weight loss is just one of many audiences because the program that I offer shows people, using simple question and answers, how to choose their thoughts so they can make friend with their own minds, manage their emotions so they feel good all the time, and maintain their good, healthy habits to improve the quality of their lives.

          I do have everything set up to start podcasts, and I have started a vlog.

          I think that I've lost confidence in what I have been doing and fear that I may spend a lot of time trying to build an audience using x, y, z strategy only to find out it is another dead end.

          It used to be so much simpler for me to drive traffic to my websites
          Signature

          The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
          The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641955].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Odahh
            Originally Posted by Silver007A View Post

            It

            I think that I've lost confidence in what I have been doing and fear that I may spend a lot of time trying to build an audience using x, y, z strategy only to find out it is another dead end.

            It used to be so much simpler for me to drive traffic to my websites

            i have simple questions ..with not so simple answers ..

            if you where to never retire ..what business or audience .. would you build to support you for the next 30 or 40 years ..
            you apparently have the tool set to build your personal healthy habits to get there ..it's usually the bad life shortening habits that are the expensive ones ..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642016].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
              Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

              i have simple questions ..with not so simple answers ..

              if you where to never retire ..what business or audience .. would you build to support you for the next 30 or 40 years ..
              you apparently have the tool set to build your personal healthy habits to get there ..it's usually the bad life shortening habits that are the expensive ones ..
              The product I have created - e-information products that upsell to high end courses (which can be run online as well), and high end group mentoring.

              My audience is affluent 35-50 year old women. I have a detailed profile, but that sums it up.

              I did plan to acquire them via facebook advertising, then remarketing, which would lead them to webinars, and then upsell on a comprehensive funnel (I had used clickfunnels).

              My conversation rates were excellent, except in getting people from FB to my webinar. I hired someone, spent a lot of money, and they wasted my time for a year or more.

              I'm not very good at starting conversations online and am quite private and I'm not very open to talking to people. Doing these posts is challenging and something I hardly ever do. I'll be honest and say I really don't like social media.

              Is that what you mean?

              Thanks
              Signature

              The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
              The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642080].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Netoalo
                From what I noticed here is that you know your avatar. Your target audience is very specific. Facebook would not be the most suitable solution for, as both Facebook and Instagram are mechanisms of attention. Now YouTube and Google are mechanisms of intention.

                First of all you would have to break the barrier of presenting yourself in public and create videos for video viewer campaigns, and create campaigns for App Audiences and Audiences of Youtube channels.

                Your product ticket must be high. Class A people do not want to purchase products that many people have access to. They want more attention and exclusivity. Like a Personal.

                The purpose of the campaign is to call to action using CPA as a metric. It is not to deliver to many like the CPM or to generate traffic (CPC).

                The first contact really should be through a Webinar to introduce yourself and offer your best, deliver quality content and create a bond, strengthening the relationship and creating a group to warm your audience with transformation information until you present the product that will help in this transformation.

                One of the problems I have noticed is that many people who call themselves traffic managers think that putting a campaign to run, generating traffic to the landing page and performing some conversions, are doing a good job.

                I was in doubt when you talked about conversion rate, you said it was high but people were not coming in to watch your webinar. I think you were referring to traffic. When the public is not qualified, doing remarketing is throwing money away.

                The important thing is that you have already started your journey and are adapting to the current market, you are not procrastinating. Exposing your pain here, as you said yourself, is taking you out of your comfort zone, one more point in favor of your success.

                I hope you understand. To be honest, I'm an introspective person, but I'm working on my side.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642271].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
                  thanks a lot @Netoalo

                  Originally Posted by Netoalo View Post

                  From what I noticed here is that you know your avatar. Your target audience is very specific. Facebook would not be the most suitable solution for, as both Facebook and Instagram are mechanisms of attention. Now YouTube and Google are mechanisms of intention.
                  When you mention Google, do you mean SEO or adwords?

                  [QUOTE=Netoalo;11642271The purpose of the campaign is to call to action using CPA as a metric. It is not to deliver to many like the CPM or to generate traffic (CPC).
                  [/QUOTE]

                  This was the type of thing I hired an FB expert to help me with, but I dont think they understood.

                  Are you saying that my best option (or is it my only option) is advertising with Google and creating Youtube videos?
                  Signature

                  The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
                  The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642333].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Stanley
                    I'm not very good at starting conversations online and am quite private and I'm not very open to talking to people.
                    Helpful to know. In the supremely visual and at times personal fitness/weight loss niche, this presents a challenge as far as relationship-building via social networks. I wonder: to what extent have you deployed happy customer testimonials / case studies instead?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642566].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
                      Originally Posted by Matthew Stanley View Post

                      Helpful to know. In the supremely visual and at times personal fitness/weight loss niche, this presents a challenge as far as relationship-building via social networks. I wonder: to what extent have you deployed happy customer testimonials / case studies instead?
                      I focus on the helping people choose better thoughts, manage their emotions, and instil healthy habits.

                      Part of my strapline for my weight loss book is "No Diet Plans or Exercise Regimes Required". My course is all about changing how people think, feel, and act, So I don't / wouldn't want to necessarily get involved body shots and things like that.

                      I have some testimonials, but when I did this as a coach I wasn't very business minded and didn't keep peoples details and didn't ask for testimonials. In hindsight, a mistake.
                      Signature

                      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
                      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HenryChinaski57
    I totally agree with that!
    Big business drives out small ones.
    Only monopoly laws can help you survive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11641900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author qwikaddotcom
    Big tech. Big tech. If you want to use them you have to play by their rules. We all have rules. More often than not playing by the rules can get you better results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642342].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Silver007A
      Originally Posted by qwikaddotcom View Post

      Big tech. Big tech. If you want to use them you have to play by their rules. We all have rules. More often than not playing by the rules can get you better results.
      I don't think i do want to use them though, and would like alternatives.

      However, do you think they are? I noticed that seo seems to be dominated by just a few sites now. If I look for anything to do with health, even alternative, I get the same 20-30 sites, webmd, healthline, nhs etc. If I search for plumber or mechanic, I get the same sites, gumtree, checkatrader, etc.
      Signature

      The Telos Lifestyle Revolution: Think Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
      The Weight Loss Habit: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating & Stop Obsessing About Food

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author global1967
    The marketing landscape has changed and will continue to change. One thing that will always stay constant is building up a loyal following. The more you build your following i.e email list, followers on social media YT channel, Instagram, Tik Tok, SMS list the less you have to shell out on paid advertising.
    Signature

    "How I Built an Email List of 30,116 People & Sold $338,000 Worth of Products..."

    And How to Build Your Own Email List Starting Today - With Zero Tech Skills

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11642981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Re Boot
      Originally Posted by global1967 View Post

      The marketing landscape has changed and will continue to change. One thing that will always stay constant is building up a loyal following. The more you build your following i.e email list, followers on social media YT channel, Instagram, Tik Tok, SMS list the less you have to shell out on paid advertising.
      But sometimes I feel there are too many channels to maintain...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11643092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yourbestfriend
    Yeah online marketing is definitely the hardest it's ever been imo, the "easy money" ways doesn't really work anymore
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11644141].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics