Offline Consulting - Answer to this Question?

12 replies
Hi

I've been reading a few reports on offline consulting and it is surprising me a lot seeing how much money is there to be made in the offline niche.

Now I know what services I can offer (I'm a blogger) but I have a question. Here it goes:

Can offline consulting be done from any country?

I live in India and many people in my place don't understand internet. I know it is our job to make them understand the benefits but still you get it, right? People don't spend a lot of money.

By the way, anyone from India doing offline consulting?

Thanks
#answer #consulting #offline #question
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Murphy
    Answer is a big YES. This is especially so in developing Asian countries, where IT usage is on the rise. Many SEO providing companies have flourished in countries like India and Phillipines. That being said, for 3rd world nations, this business could get a little tricky, but definitely, there is an opportunity in basically ANY country, since there is very little if not no competition. Hope I answered your question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1366659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ramkarthik
      Originally Posted by Lady NaNa View Post

      Answer is a big YES. This is especially so in developing Asian countries, where IT usage is on the rise. Many SEO providing companies have flourished in countries like India and Phillipines. That being said, for 3rd world nations, this business could get a little tricky, but definitely, there is an opportunity in basically ANY country, since there is very little if not no competition. Hope I answered your question.
      Yes, thank you.

      Is it possible for a person to do consulting to a business in some other country? The big $$ are mostly in developed countries, isn't it?
      Signature
      Sit back and relax, while you take advantage of this freelance writer.
      Special Price:$10 per article (normally $25). PM Me for details.
      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1366664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoGetta
    Yes, you can also offer your services internationally as well. With email, instant messengers and skype how it is nowadays, international clients are also available for anyone to scoop up!

    GoGetta
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1366838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author childtalent
    you can even use gotomeeting to do web conference
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1366890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Peters Benn
    I think it all depends on the skills you have to offer. The more valuable that they are, the greater the number of options you will have and ultimately more opportunities.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1366897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    The internet is global. Anywhere there's a localized business with users that have access to the internet, there is an opportunity to assist that business in their marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1367044].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Irishman
      Originally Posted by MichaelHiles View Post

      The internet is global. Anywhere there's a localized business with users that have access to the internet, there is an opportunity to assist that business in their marketing.

      Ditto. Couldn't have summed it up any better.

      Best,

      Will
      Signature
      1) FREE--> OFFLINE LIES EXPOSED - "Brilliant Report"
      2) WSO--> Offline Special Ops -
      "A Stroke of Genius"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1367338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Pereira
    I'd say it CAN be done in India, but it wouldn't be worth your time doing so assuming you're used to earning in US money.

    The problem is that small businesses here generally won't want to pay anything worth your time (upwards of $200 / 10,000 RS) for a standard website. And those that will pay enough generally already have a team in place for all IT work or have recommendations / prefer to deal with larger IT companies.

    What you'd have to do is approach businesses outside the IT sector that are reasonably large and sell them hard.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1367272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joshril
    Yes, it definitely can be done from anywhere in my opinion.

    Done correctly, you can offer services outside of India, which enables you to work with business owners in Europe, the US, Australia, NZ, etc.



    Originally Posted by ramkarthik View Post

    Hi

    I've been reading a few reports on offline consulting and it is surprising me a lot seeing how much money is there to be made in the offline niche.

    Now I know what services I can offer (I'm a blogger) but I have a question. Here it goes:

    Can offline consulting be done from any country?

    I live in India and many people in my place don't understand internet. I know it is our job to make them understand the benefits but still you get it, right? People don't spend a lot of money.

    By the way, anyone from India doing offline consulting?

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1367288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsport11
    I would look for international companies just moving into the Indian market--small to medium sized businesses. If the company is from the US, GB, AU, etc., they will know what consulting costs. Your positioning could be that you know both the Internet marketplace and the local culture. That sounds like a valuable combination.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1367364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramkarthik
    Thanks for all the tips guys.

    I'm going to contact a few big business that don't have internet presence and see what they can offer me. I think it is only a matter of time before they understand the benefits of having an internet presence. So I should first concentrate on educating them the benefits of marketing online.

    Thanks again for increasing my confidence.
    Signature
    Sit back and relax, while you take advantage of this freelance writer.
    Special Price:$10 per article (normally $25). PM Me for details.
    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369313].message }}

Trending Topics