I want to sell 1000 courses. How can I make it happen?

40 replies
Hey ya'll
I'm trying to figure out a good way to market a course about making money online. In my normal day job I know where to find customers and know how to sell what I need to sell...but courses are a little new for me.

I ain't about that "guru" life. I simply want to sell 1,000 courses to help 1000 people.
Any good tips on selling your "how to make money courses"

I've made close to $300,000 online from my online business but now wanting to have fun with helping others learn how to do that in my course. My course is just being sold for fun money but is basically the advice I give friends when they ask me "how do I make money online"

I decided to record it and sell it....but how can I reach that 1,000 course goal?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
#courses #happen #make #sell
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author digitalthings
    ok , that seems interesting..
    i have sold not 1000 but 300+ copies of my ebook.
    Its not that easy as it seems.
    You will need proper content creation and a working method or guides and proper funnel to make things smooth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      I'd love to seel 300 copies myself. That would be awesome! Do you have to go the funnerl route?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

    In my normal day job I know where to find customers and know how to sell what I need to sell...but courses are a little new for me.
    Even though selling courses is new this is still your starting point.

    What's your target audience and who is your ideal customer(s)

    Are you pitching to people new to online marketing or people with some experience?

    What part of the world are they from?

    Gender?

    Current income?

    All these help to create your avatar which will influence how you decide to market to them.

    It maybe that you have several customer avatars in which case you can tailor several marketing plans and propositions. One course I am involved with targets new people and people jaded about gurus.

    Once you know the who it's then putting your proposition together to target there pain and how your course solves it.

    When you know who you are looking for it's time to find out where these people are online.

    You may want to go directly to them or you may find it easier and quicker to recruit affiliates who are already in that area.

    It all starts with the who.

    Who are you going to 'help' who will get the most value from your course.

    As an aside is 300,000 profit or revenue?
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646069].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      Originally Posted by quadagon View Post

      Even though selling courses is new this is still your starting point.

      What's your target audience and who is your ideal customer(s)

      Are you pitching to people new to online marketing or people with some experience?

      What part of the world are they from?

      Gender?

      Current income?

      All these help to create your avatar which will influence how you decide to market to them.

      It maybe that you have several customer avatars in which case you can tailor several marketing plans and propositions. One course I am involved with targets new people and people jaded about gurus.

      Once you know the who it's then putting your proposition together to target there pain and how your course solves it.

      When you know who you are looking for it's time to find out where these people are online.

      You may want to go directly to them or you may find it easier and quicker to recruit affiliates who are already in that area.

      It all starts with the who.

      Who are you going to 'help' who will get the most value from your course.

      As an aside is 300,000 profit or revenue?

      300k is all profit - minus taxes - but I get good deductions.
      The course is for folks wanting to start making money online and don't know where to go.
      It is basically the advice I give when friends ask "what can I do to make money online like you guys" I decided to package that advice and help others do it too.

      Actually I'm kind of a jerk as well...I basically give away like 5 or 6 other folks training courses cause I buy them and just lay it all out from "Coloring books" "low content books" to affiliate marketing stuff.

      Like I bought one where a dude was teaching folks to do inspirational quotes on youtube and then link to affiliates. I broke it all down PLUS the main business idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Everything should be tailored to your content/strategies....are you using paid methods, eCom, Website Flipping, etc....then just go where those people hang out and create some reputation.

    Do you have a database of fans, followers subscribers? That would be an asset.

    Your competition if you have any could actually be a joint venture partner.

    Do you know others who have a large following that may be interested in promoting for you.

    Then there are affiliate networks if you join/create an affiliate program.

    You can create some leverage no matter what with some authentic TESTIMONIALS.

    Then you can just promote with paid ads as an option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

    Hey ya'll
    I'm trying to figure out a good way to market a course about making money online. In my normal day job I know where to find customers and know how to sell what I need to sell...but courses are a little new for me.

    I ain't about that "guru" life. I simply want to sell 1,000 courses to help 1000 people.
    Any good tips on selling your "how to make money courses"

    I've made close to $300,000 online from my online business but now wanting to have fun with helping others learn how to do that in my course. My course is just being sold for fun money but is basically the advice I give friends when they ask me "how do I make money online"

    I decided to record it and sell it....but how can I reach that 1,000 course goal?

    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Who is your TARGET MARKET? Who does your course help? Where does it take them from and to what destination?

    Where is your target market? What PLATFORMS can you find them on? Where will you get 1000 X 100 = 100,000 of them, because that's what you're going to need even at a 1% conversion rate.

    How will you WARM THEM UP to buy your course? What symptoms or problems do they admit to having that demonstrate they will get value from your course? How will you solve their problem and get them out of their current situation with the course?

    What will you use to CONVERT some viewers of your warm up sequence into buyers? A sales letter? A video sales letter? A phone call with a salesperson? Something else?

    Fastest way in my experience is to find someone who already has an audience of BUYERS (not just milling-around wannabees who never buy, and there are a ton of those) in your target market, and partner up with them. Get access to their list and pay them a % of sales as commission. You are going to have to spend your cost of customer acquisition somewhere. Some people believe that because it's their own blood, sweat and tears it doesn't have monetary value--it does. One way or another you're gonna pay to get that buyers list.

    Heed the words I say. They are specific.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Fastest way in my experience is to find someone who already has an audience of BUYERS (not just milling-around wannabees who never buy, and there are a ton of those) in your target market, and partner up with them.
      Yup. Depending on the sale price of the course, this could just be an e-mail blast to a website...or for a course that's hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, a joint venture where you sell your course on a webinar, promoted to the host's list.

      But 1,000 courses?

      Depending on who you partner with, you may be looking at dozens of JV partners.

      Of course, you could sell it here, assuming it was inexpensive.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646146].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Yup. Depending on the sale price of the course, this could just be an e-mail blast to a website...or for a course that's hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, a joint venture where you sell your course on a webinar, promoted to the host's list.

        But 1,000 courses?

        Depending on who you partner with, you may be looking at dozens of JV partners.

        Of course, you could sell it here, assuming it was inexpensive.
        <<Edited by mod >>> I want to discuss the subject so not mentioning the product I"m selling.

        But yeah I was thinking of finding JVZoo style affiliates.

        Funny thing is I'm putting whatever money I earn on this course into a more lucrative business that I know how to market. 3d models sold in a specific format. I did one the other day that was a training on using the software. I sold 100s of tutorial training. But that type of product I know where to go.

        Starting business / making money online I don't know exactly where to start. Maybe I should find one of those gurus to promote it. : )

        Now how to find them. Are you a guru?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646193].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
          Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

          <<Edited by mod >>> I want to discuss the subject so not mentioning the product I"m selling.
          One subtle way of promoting that is allowed (but probably wouldn't be in this thread - the mods may ask you to turn off your sig) is to pay $5 for a signature.

          Mark
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646196].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
            Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

            One subtle way of promoting that is allowed (but probably wouldn't be in this thread - the mods may ask you to turn off your sig) is to pay $5 for a signature.

            Mark
            LOL. I'm thinking of buying one later...but not for this one. Kay already gave me that little trade secret and that little warning as well.

            Kay is so cool and so are you.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646204].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Of course, you could sell it here, assuming it was inexpensive.
        I'm 100% pro WF but let's call a spade a spade: the marketplace ain't what it used to be. If he needs to reach 100,000 like Jason says, other platforms may have a better ROI.

        Mark
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646194].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
          Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

          I'm 100% pro WF but let's call a spade a spade: the marketplace ain't what it used to be. If he needs to reach 100,000 like Jason says, other platforms may have a better ROI.

          Mark
          So I've been told. I mean at least I have a product and the information still applies. I will have some loyalty to the Warrior forum. It is where I got started all those years ago.

          BUt yea need to ffind me some JVs and make a Billie Jean Marketing Video. - I haven't decided if I like Billie Jean or not. I'm a little uneasy - so do a hater video or copy his video or pay him that $500 to make an ad for me. So conflicted.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646197].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
          Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

          I'm 100% pro WF but let's call a spade a spade: the marketplace ain't what it used to be. If he needs to reach 100,000 like Jason says, other platforms may have a better ROI.

          Mark
          100,000 Okay time to get to work.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Yup. Depending on the sale price of the course, this could just be an e-mail blast to a website...or for a course that's hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, a joint venture where you sell your course on a webinar, promoted to the host's list.

        But 1,000 courses?

        Depending on who you partner with, you may be looking at dozens of JV partners.

        Of course, you could sell it here, assuming it was inexpensive.
        I like the idea of an email blast - but how would one get onto someone's email blast. I'd rather go straight to a source vs build my own list over months and years. I
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Who is your TARGET MARKET? Who does your course help? Where does it take them from and to what destination?

      Where is your target market? What PLATFORMS can you find them on? Where will you get 1000 X 100 = 100,000 of them, because that's what you're going to need even at a 1% conversion rate.

      How will you WARM THEM UP to buy your course? What symptoms or problems do they admit to having that demonstrate they will get value from your course? How will you solve their problem and get them out of their current situation with the course?

      What will you use to CONVERT some viewers of your warm up sequence into buyers? A sales letter? A video sales letter? A phone call with a salesperson? Something else?

      Fastest way in my experience is to find someone who already has an audience of BUYERS (not just milling-around wannabees who never buy, and there are a ton of those) in your target market, and partner up with them. Get access to their list and pay them a % of sales as commission. You are going to have to spend your cost of customer acquisition somewhere. Some people believe that because it's their own blood, sweat and tears it doesn't have monetary value--it does. One way or another you're gonna pay to get that buyers list.

      Heed the words I say. They are specific.
      All I know is there are a lot of people who are tired of their day job or want to make money online.

      It works easy for friends of mine to tell them how I do it.

      I work 2 hours a week. Make more money now than when I worked full time - and my job consists of basically pushing a button.

      Folks want that.

      Folks need a business ideas with a 0 cost entry or low cost entry less than $100 dollars but a high return by just putting in a little elbow grease.

      I catered the training as I would my friends. There are no upsales, no hidden things...just straight up simplfying it - here are 20 ideas on the side you can try - here is where to look and here is the MAIN event.

      Basically teaching people to get out of their own way. Demystify making money from home and give them a product they can easily sell.

      I ain't that Billie dude.....but maybe I should take his courses...then repackage them. Ideas! Even make ads on Youtube making fun of his adds...hmmmmm.....? LOL. That would be funny.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author surfer30
    You can sell 1000 coures, if you focus on one big domino" email list of targeted people. You are going to know who are these people and Where they hang out, then Use a lead magnet to attract them to your Offer, after that send follow ups based on Your course content to kee them engaged and interacted.

    Know who are your ideal audience.

    Where they are.

    What they want

    then go and give it to them.

    There are too many people online who need your course, if you serve them well befor your pitch your stunning course, you'll have passive income and sell 1000 courses.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    Another question to ask yourself is what's your hook?

    What makes you stand out from all the others selling make money online?

    Why should someone buy your course?
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      Another question to ask yourself is what's your hook?

      What makes you stand out from all the others selling make money online?

      Why should someone buy your course?
      Me?
      Cause I'm not a guru. No upsales, marketing tricks, no funnels.

      Just a dude that is like "I have friends ask me how to make money and this is what I suggest they do and it has worked for them. I get asked that all the time. So I decided why not package it up, show everyone how I do it...but since ya'll ain't exactly my friends, yet...you'll have to pay for it."

      I made it easy and even dimed out other money making programs cause I buy a ton of them just for fun and whatever I gleaned off them I put in in a video.

      I don't need to make 10 videos to tell you to make print stuff and pop it up on pinterest. I say that in a few sentences.

      I just keep it straight and easy to understand - How to make money online - Product or service someone wants or needs - make it available and makeit visible and deliver it.
      Buy low and sell high!

      There is no pay an extra 45 dollars and we will tell you the other secrets. I'm not a marketing guru...but what I am is a dude who figured out...I work two hours a week and live around the world.

      Actually quite depressed cause my wife and I have all this extra money this year and nowhere to go.

      Last year before COVID we spent a month in Europe - year before that 3 weeks in Japan. Year before that Thailand and Korea.

      I live out of the country - right now in Ecuador for the past 4 years, before that Tokyo which was a dream...after COVID we are deciding to move to Portugal/Cambodia/Thailand/Taiwan/Turkey - all we know is in 10 years I plan on moving to Mexico and living by the beach - could do it tommorrow if I wanted but don't want to get too comfortable. Want to experience many other countries if possible. Mexico by the beach would be too easy.

      Funny thing is I ain't even rich. LOL. Just comfortable. I mean I guess I could be rich if I wanted to and worked normal hours vs 2 hours a week, sometimes 3.

      I don't have my own car, don't read a lot of books, have my own home - cause we sold all that stuff and live free. I do live in a luxury apartment - cabs are cheap here so why bother with a car - and in Tokyo the subway was the bomb. May get a car next place we move too. It has been fun.

      So I can teach folks how to do that. And do it in months and not years by helping them skip all the stuff I had to learn to get where we are. Oh and be able to start a business with 0 to $100 startup at most...depends if you want a website or not. Anyone can start it today.

      And it is a 19 dollar program that is better than the $5000 program some of my own family got suckered into buying to learn how to do some "ad agency" mumbo jumbo that sounds shady as you describe it to someone.

      Reason I'm even selling the program is that is for fun money. Wifey said I can't spend our money on my 1000 projects. I have to make those projects make money first. Got too many ideas...but they've been successful so this is for side money to fund a comic book I'm writing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646195].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post


        And it is a 19 dollar program that is better than the $5000 program some of my own family got suckered into buying to learn how to do some "ad agency" mumbo jumbo that sounds shady as you describe it to someone.

        $19?

        That price makes several decisions for you.

        Unless you have a big upsell, as soon as they buy the course (in the same purchase), it's going to be very difficult finding JV partners.

        At $19, you have a book. My suggestion is to just write it all out as a book and sell it on Amazon. They have tutorials on how to do the entire thing, and anyone can write a book and put it on Amazon at no cost to you.

        But whether it's a book or course, whether it's sold on Amazon or you sell it on a website....No matter the price point, it has to be sold.

        Your "course" has to be positioned as something unique, better, effortless, proven...and believable. People go through the same buying process...the same decision tree, with a $19 book as they do a $40,000 car. So you have to be able to write compelling copy, even if it's just a $19 book.

        You want to sell 1,000 copies of a $19 course? Write it as a book, put it on Amazon, write a compelling title and description (or have it written for you by a copywriter) and use the Amazon advertising options to sell the book on their site.

        A thousand copies could be sold in a few years, with almost no effort on your part, besides the initial set up. You could also create, at no cost, a dozen Youtube videos talking about your business, how you got started, your journey, mistakes you made.....abs just sell your book..course...directly. Heck, at $19, you can just post a link on your signature here.
        Signature
        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

        Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

    Actually I'm kind of a jerk as well...I basically give away like 5 or 6 other folks training courses cause I buy them and just lay it all out from "Coloring books" "low content books" to affiliate marketing stuff.

    Like I bought one where a dude was teaching folks to do inspirational quotes on youtube and then link to affiliates. I broke it all down PLUS the main business idea.
    This has me concerned.
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      Originally Posted by quadagon View Post

      This has me concerned.
      Don't worry...it is a joke. A little tongue n cheek. No trade secrets are given away.

      Lol Sorry I should have worded it better. I'm just putting what I learned over the years from other training, from experience, from gurus and from folks who know their stuff. I've expanded on little ideas and big ideas. I compile a few things I've gleaned from others. I love gleaning.


      Stuff most folks already know. Heck what I want to sell most folks should already know. But a lot of new people don't know.

      In fact all this stuff people are telling me is awesome and will help me market better. I really appreciate the feedback.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

    I like the idea of an email blast - but how would one get onto someone's email blast. I'd rather go straight to a source vs build my own list over months and years. I

    This is just joining an Affiliate Network....then they mail blast but of course it's a numbers game...20% will probably create 80% of your actual sales.

    Great follow up Shawn I am skimming pretty quickly.

    I was just curious how you are teaching people to have success quickly and also your great results.... the methods you previously used to sell and the methods you are suggesting others to sell inside the course this can not be applied to your courses promotion?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
      Originally Posted by Profit Traveler View Post

      This is just joining an Affiliate Network....then they mail blast but of course it's a numbers game...20% will probably create 80% of your actual sales.

      Great follow up Shawn I am skimming pretty quickly.

      I was just curious how you are teaching people to have success quickly and also your great results.... the methods you previously used to sell and the methods you are suggesting others to sell inside the course this can not be applied to your courses promotion?

      Sure. There are markets I know better than others. For example one revenune stream I use is 3d models and related products. For example I teach software like DAZ3d and how to create imaes using that. I know exactly where to go. There are very few places to congregate. They have 3 million active buyers a month. I put out a tutorial on how to use there software and it sells pretty good. 3d Models sell evern better. But in one month of barely any work, no promotion it brought in thousands of dollars for a few hours of work.

      So I can outsource 3d modeling, partner with a known vendor to get in the format that is needed,- pop it up at the store and make money. Do that once a month with a 3d modeler - pay them $500 bucks to model something detailed...put it on the store with active users and since I don't know how to format it I simply team up with someone who does and they get 1/2 - but in the long run some models sell 10s of thousands. You could make 10k to 100K off the life of the model depending on what it is and you'd only have spend $500 out of your own pocket.

      But I know where to go. I know what is needed.

      Advice I give my friends usually involves assessing their abilities and skills. Then coming up with a formula.

      I taught our friend from Venezuela...a refugee from the country...she could use her singing talent to make more than the locals here by singing in the tourists spots. The average page in this country of Ecuador is $400 a month full time. She made $400 just on the weekend...singing for zoom parties and anniveraries. But she has an artistic talent and has become our editor and now works remote for 2 companies - But she also did translation which she outsourced as well. - Young girl is making about $1500 a month...almost as much as a dentist and doctor. In less than a year 1/2. Her sistesr just started and is already starting to make as much as the locals using her other talents but in hours and not full time. The Venezuelan girl makes $1500 a month now but only works 40 hours the WHOLE month. If she wanted to make more could work full time and find it...but she is happy making that much working 10 hours a week.

      Other friends I have taught have gone on to start their own business and now work part time as well. Gave up their day job and make enough to live off of even in an expensive city where they live. They are working part time. No more 160-200 hours a month of work.

      Another friend of mine has recently started doing what we showed him....he actually bought more training to expand his knowledge of what he does and now money is starting to come in...again working only part time.


      I remember I was looking for film finanicng. I want to make a movie and there are all types of books about film financing. They all talk about how to do it...but really they don't really tell you where to go. "You can find an Angel Investor" Okay where do I find that Angel investor...."They are everywhere you look. Oh but you can't approach them because SEC regulations" It is like the endless loop. LOL.

      I teach people how to simplify making money online, what to sell and where to find clients. People have all these questions and there are tons of courses. I suprisingly didn't see much of this advice given even on youtube. Variations of it but not direct. I htink folks saving for themselves.

      For my wife and I our income has gone up and work load has gone down. The less we work now the more money we make. Crazy. Next year we will be way into the 100k a year mark - working 2 HOURS a week. Well I work 2 hours a week...she maybe works 10 hours a week. So now I have time for all these little side projects for fun and to generate extra revenue.

      I really want to get into fun media stuff like film production, comics, manga and animation and have them generate a little for me while developing IP.

      But I had to learn to do what I did and lot of trial and error. Hope folks can skip all that and get to a winner.

      I guess that is the angle I'm coming from.

      I knew WSO was a place people congregated. So looking for other places or how to get on these sellers lists and such. That would be fun.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646217].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
        Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

        Sure. There are markets I know better than others. For example one revenune stream I use is 3d models and related products. For example I teach software like DAZ3d and how to create imaes using that. I know exactly where to go. There are very few places to congregate. They have 3 million active buyers a month. I put out a tutorial on how to use there software and it sells pretty good. 3d Models sell evern better. But in one month of barely any work, no promotion it brought in thousands of dollars for a few hours of work.

        So I can outsource 3d modeling, partner with a known vendor to get in the format that is needed,- pop it up at the store and make money. Do that once a month with a 3d modeler - pay them $500 bucks to model something detailed...put it on the store with active users and since I don't know how to format it I simply team up with someone who does and they get 1/2 - but in the long run some models sell 10s of thousands. You could make 10k to 100K off the life of the model depending on what it is and you'd only have spend $500 out of your own pocket.

        But I know where to go. I know what is needed.

        Advice I give my friends usually involves assessing their abilities and skills. Then coming up with a formula.

        I taught our friend from Venezuela...a refugee from the country...she could use her singing talent to make more than the locals here by singing in the tourists spots. The average page in this country of Ecuador is $400 a month full time. She made $400 just on the weekend...singing for zoom parties and anniveraries. But she has an artistic talent and has become our editor and now works remote for 2 companies - But she also did translation which she outsourced as well. - Young girl is making about $1500 a month...almost as much as a dentist and doctor. In less than a year 1/2. Her sistesr just started and is already starting to make as much as the locals using her other talents but in hours and not full time. The Venezuelan girl makes $1500 a month now but only works 40 hours the WHOLE month. If she wanted to make more could work full time and find it...but she is happy making that much working 10 hours a week.

        Other friends I have taught have gone on to start their own business and now work part time as well. Gave up their day job and make enough to live off of even in an expensive city where they live. They are working part time. No more 160-200 hours a month of work.

        Another friend of mine has recently started doing what we showed him....he actually bought more training to expand his knowledge of what he does and now money is starting to come in...again working only part time.


        I remember I was looking for film finanicng. I want to make a movie and there are all types of books about film financing. They all talk about how to do it...but really they don't really tell you where to go. "You can find an Angel Investor" Okay where do I find that Angel investor...."They are everywhere you look. Oh but you can't approach them because SEC regulations" It is like the endless loop. LOL.

        I teach people how to simplify making money online, what to sell and where to find clients. People have all these questions and there are tons of courses. I suprisingly didn't see much of this advice given even on youtube. Variations of it but not direct. I htink folks saving for themselves.

        For my wife and I our income has gone up and work load has gone down. The less we work now the more money we make. Crazy. Next year we will be way into the 100k a year mark - working 2 HOURS a week. Well I work 2 hours a week...she maybe works 10 hours a week. So now I have time for all these little side projects for fun and to generate extra revenue.

        I really want to get into fun media stuff like film production, comics, manga and animation and have them generate a little for me while developing IP.

        But I had to learn to do what I did and lot of trial and error. Hope folks can skip all that and get to a winner.

        I guess that is the angle I'm coming from.

        I knew WSO was a place people congregated. So looking for other places or how to get on these sellers lists and such. That would be fun.

        Again....awesome follow up.

        I can really relate to much of that. Blood type serial entrepreneur.

        Have to be careful using that word entrepreneur these days Entrepreneur/com aggressively sues over that term.

        I had a friend years ago when I lived in Wash. D.C. that was always working overtime as an administrator in a law firm I guess executive secretary and she did not mind because the pay was exceptional. So I suggested to her casually that she should create a Temp Firm that specialized in evenings and weekends ...and she did....and made a mint and nope never said thanks.

        But it sounds like you have the right idea, there are always potent strategies that are not the traditional routes but good to get a consensus on what is working these days.

        I was watching a couple guys reviewing "One Punch Man" anime and these guys are passionate to say the least...seems like a fun market.

        ComicCon/Cosplay tells us all we need to know about the potential profitability in it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarasara
    I always see a lot of courses on YouTube and search on warrior forum. if you want to be successful, finding it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesdamon
    Interesting. use Social Media Platform. and other ebook websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    If udemy.com has a section for your, you might want to sell it there... The advantage of doing it there? People already go there to buy courses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646365].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      If udemy.com has a section for your, you might want to sell it there... The advantage of doing it there? People already go there to buy courses.

      And...the $19 price tag is pretty common there.

      And...he may actually sell 1,000 courses there.

      And...a two hour video is considered a course.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    $19 for the program really means you will struggle to recruit good affiliate partners.

    No doubt you will have seen from the courses you have done that you normally have a trip wire that is around $7-$9. A high number of affiliates expect to take all this for promoting to their list and money on your upsells.

    You have a low entry point and no upsells. As a customer that could be two good selling points but they are problematic for recruiting good partners.

    Can you split the course. Look at what Russel Brunson, Ryan Deiss et al do. They have books which contain information but are essentially apart of a funnel to get you into their ecosystem (amongst other things it does).
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646374].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by quadagon View Post

      $19 for the program really means you will struggle to recruit good affiliate partners.

      No doubt you will have seen from the courses you have done that you normally have a trip wire that is around $7-$9. A high number of affiliates expect to take all this for promoting to their list and money on your upsells.

      You have a low entry point and no upsells. As a customer that could be two good selling points but they are problematic for recruiting good partners.

      Can you split the course. Look at what Russel Brunson, Ryan Deiss et al do. They have books which contain information but are essentially apart of a funnel to get you into their ecosystem (amongst other things it does).
      Exactly. Maybe split up the course with an initial $7 short course, and immediate $39 upsell, and a second upsell for maybe $150-$299. All these would be bought before the shopping cart closes.

      I would expect to give 100% of the $7 short course, and half the upsells.

      But if you want it all in one small course, I'd just offer it as a book, because Amazon is a powerful marketing machine, and it costs nothing to produce the book & listing, and pennies to advertise. I spend less than 3% of my sales (on Amazon) on advertising.

      The $7 short course in a funnel could be a book. And it could also sell on Amazon
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EvolveBest
    Simple, Skillshare and other course sites

    You don't even have to advertise or social media or ask for backlinks. lol....this is so simple, the hard part can sometimes be creating content that is super valuable in the shortest time possible, but then again, sometimes the smallest tidbit is the most valuable content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Heinz
    SEO - Word of Mouth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shawn Arms
    Thank you all for the awesome suggestions and things I never thought of doing before. So awesome!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11646478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fmclassifieds
    Well, I think you will need a multi-faceted online marketing strategy to achieve that target in this pandemic. Online is now arguably the biggest marketplace in these trying times, so you may want to sculptor a package comprising such online tactics as social media, blogs, classifieds websites, forums and the like. A one-way strategy may not help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11647514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Floyd
    If you're only aiming for 1,000 sales, you can probably afford to target a niche far more narrow than normal. Rather than seeking clients interested in online marketing, why not people who want to sell fly fishing lures or cat training services or aphids-as-pesticides? You'd be weeding out literally millions of competitors if you chose the right niche, and the principles of good marketing would not change. Was there something unique about how you made your $300K that could help you choose a niche?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11647991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PlayCash
    Hi! Are you don`t sell this now?
    If not try make website with categories your courses. Maybe Internet proffesion or something else.
    And then share link to your site. People look what he interesting and contact with you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11648229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eagle07
    If you already know how to sell online. Just repeat what worked for you and do it massively. You aim higher too like targeting 10k so that when you fail on your target, say 50% achievement, that is still 5k. Good luck. Start now if you haven't done it yet. That is the first and critical step
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11648981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author belalali2050
    you can post it as promo on facebook ads
    ,youtube content or Udemy this a big platform for courses
    Signature

    Want To Learn Affiliate Marketing The Right Way?
    Click Here To Get Free Access To Our Free Course!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11650910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberSEO
    Originally Posted by Shawn Arms View Post

    I decided to record it and sell it....but how can I reach that 1,000 course goal?

    Excuse me. You say you made about $300K selling things online and now you want to share your knowledge with others (not for free of course), but you don't know how to sell these tutorials online and ask people here to give you an advice on that. Can I suggest you to read your own online marketing course? Perhaps the answer to your question is there...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11651696].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics